[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ultimate Fantastic Four?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

Is Ultimate FF worth reading? I'm diving into the ultimate universe, I've started with The Ultimates, Ultimate X-men and Ultimate Spider-Man. Is UFF worth reading also?

>Inb4 the ultimate universe is trash, just drop it.
>>
its really good
>>
Not really, it feels like a lukewarm version of the Ultimates with a cast the age of Ultimate Spiderman. I have not read it in years tho.
>>
>>89337250
The first few issues sucked. I hated how they introduced Ben, and Doom is literally just a way of ending a story. Hickman did a good job, but Ellis sucked hard.
>>
I've only read the first 20 issues or so but was pretty fun. I like the zombie F4.
>>
>I was old before your world was born, boy. I have bathed in the hearts of stars, and wandered in the mansions of the afterworld. My soul is a clenched fist, and Death has kissed it.
I liked Ultimate Thanos
>>
File: 068.gif (2MB, 500x459px) Image search: [Google]
068.gif
2MB, 500x459px
>>89338099
>>
If one wants to read more recent (late 90's-2010's) Fantastic Four, where does one start?
>>
File: Hickman's F4 reading order.jpg (1MB, 1200x911px) Image search: [Google]
Hickman's F4 reading order.jpg
1MB, 1200x911px
>>89338599
Hickman's run.
>>
>>89337250
It was okay...for some reason a lot of people really talk up the entry arc that Bendis and Millar wrote together. It was passable, imo, but nothing more. Ellis's stuff is pretty good. Millar's run has some interesting stuff but the Greg Land art is fucking awful. Carey's run had a lot of good ideas but got kind of muddled and boring. Plus the arc sucked towards the end and Sue dived into full retarded bitch mode. After that everything went to hell. The only good thing out of it all was The Maker, which itself was a saving throw from Hickman in an attempt to ameliorate Bendis's rape of Reed's character.
>>
I actually thought the Ultimate Universe was a great new take on Marvel characters who'd become a bit too boring and /or convoluted over the years. I lost interest in it right around the time of the Ultimatum story arc, when it seemed like they'd lost interest in that direction and were trying to make the Ultimate universe just as boring and convoluted as the mainstream Marvel universe. The death of Wolverine, the death of Peter Parker, and the break-up of the Fantastic Four pretty much killed the whole thing for me. Their revived X-Men, FF, and Ultimates titles seemed like very pale, vague reflections of the originals. I was mildly interested in the new Spiderman, but that character just never seemed to go anywhere dramatically. Like so many Marvel efforts to replace their previous whitebread characters with a more ethnically diverse cast, the new character seemed like an empty token with no compelling motivations or backstory.
>>
>>89339050
The general idea was fine, but then they decided to kill about half the cast, including a lot of the more popular characters.
>>
>>89339082
It really was too bad. The X-Men had a lot of hanging plot threads from Millar and Vaughan's runs, but Kirkman took them all and fucked up badly. So they killed most of the cast in Ultimatum. What a fucking waste.

To its credit, the Ultimate universe did hold on longer than 2099 and New Universe.
>>
File: 1484099882813.jpg (227KB, 1870x722px) Image search: [Google]
1484099882813.jpg
227KB, 1870x722px
>>89338906
>in an attempt to ameliorate Bendis's rape of Reed's character.

Remember people were trying to push "Bendis writing the Fantastic Four" on here? You just reminded me one of the reasons why I wouldn't buy such a thing.
>>
Ultimate universe worked well enough. Why did Marvel decide to just take the working ultimate characters and drop them off in the 616?
>>
>>89339502
Well, they pretty much killed off all the popular characters, as far as I've understood from this thread. Guess they thought they could salvage it that way.
>>
>>89339263

>Remember people were trying to push "Bendis writing the Fantastic Four

it's not a push, it's just trying to figure out where Bendis is going post-GotG. it's a theory not a rumor.

stupid cbr
>>
>>89342552
>where Bendis is going post-GotG

Defenders with Marquez
>>
File: tenchi_ultff11_p07.jpg (450KB, 1024x1607px) Image search: [Google]
tenchi_ultff11_p07.jpg
450KB, 1024x1607px
Everything through issue #18: 10/10
Mark Millar/Mike Carey: 7/10
Aron Coleite: RUN AWAY
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.