[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Venture Brothers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 14

The dialogue in Venture Brothers sounds natural because a lot of the lines are improvised. Especially Monarch and Rusty Venture's Lines.

What is with this show and everyone having a secret brothers?

-Hank and Dean have a half-brother from when Rusty knocked up the president of his fan club.
-Rusty Venture had a twin brother growing inside him
-Rusty Venture's arch enemy The Mighty Monarch is also Rusty's Brother

That's 7 characters who secretly who have a brother.
>>
>>89325368
Don't forget the Quin twins are also the daughters of the daughter of Jonas Sr., they are all honorary ventures.
>>
>>89325368
>Rusty Venture's arch enemy The Mighty Monarch is also Rusty's Brother
I don't think that's true.
>>
You can trace most of that back to the culture of the '60s. You know how many black sheep and unmentionables were conceived back then? It's nuts.
>>
>>89325368
Well it is called Venture BROTHERS for a reason.
>>
>>89325449
They look exactly the same, they even had The Monarch to look like Rusty in the last season. I bet the show is going to pull a Austin Powers/Dr Evil plot soon
>>
File: jonas_venture_916.jpg (114KB, 350x309px) Image search: [Google]
jonas_venture_916.jpg
114KB, 350x309px
Is there any chance that Brock is related to Venture Sr? Holy hell, this family
>>
>>89325801
Maybe. So there's no definitive proof of it yet? I thought maybe I missed something in that picture in season 5.
>>
File: ceremony at cremation creek.jpg (97KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ceremony at cremation creek.jpg
97KB, 640x480px
>>89325449

Been confirmed since Season 1.
>>
>>89325882

Did you watch Season 6 yet?
>>
>>89325873
Brock is related to Ash Williams.
>>
>>89325924
Of course. They didn't bring that picture up again.
>>
>>89325929
Yeah, I've played Poker Night 2 too
But is it still canon?
What if the Ventures are related to Ash?
>>
>>89325979
I like to consider it canon. It makes it fun.
>>
>>89325947
Jonas Venture Sr. was friends with the Monarchs dad, the Blue Morpho,

Jonas and his friends regularly had swinger parties.

At this point it wouldn't be impossible for them to be half siblings.
>>
>>89325979

>Sam And Max
>Portal/Half-Life
>Evil Dead
>Borderlands
>Homestar Runner
>Ctrl+Alt+Del
>Team Fortress 2

all exist in the Venture Brothers universe
>>
>>89326033
I'm not sure if Army of Darkness is still canon after Ash vs Evil Dead
But IIRC Ash mentioned the time travel thing
>>
>>89326051
Yeah, I can see it happening.
>>
>>89325883
Yeah, that's season 2 buckaroo.
>>
>>89326051
>Blue Morpho
>Monarch's dad
Morpho is really Monarch's mother. He's a hermaphrodite and Jonas knocked him up
>>
>>89325883
What do they say here that confirms that?
>>
>>89326069
>>Team Fortress 2
Well, yeah
Rusty and Hatred did play TF2 in the last season
>>
>>89326069
>Team Fortress 2
Honestly TF2 and Venture Bros actually share very similar aesthetics and are generally inspired by the same era of comics/cartoons.
>>
>>89325882
Didn't Quizboy thought that Rusty was the Blue Morpho when it actually was The Monarch? I mean, it's so obvious
>>
>>89326051
The same holds true for Dr. Quymn. Her mom(Col. Gentleman's beard at the time) and Rusty's dad were shown together at a party.
>>
>>89326255
Quizboy was tripping at the time.
>>
>>89326255
I mean, they look alike, that's always been true and made fun of

But that's hardly evidence of being siblings
>>
>>89326097
The Evil Dead canon is really weird so maybe after hoping dimensions, traveling through time, fighting Freddy and Jason, fighting Marvel Zombies, meeting Cassie Hack Ash screwed up the timeline causing Army of Darkness to never happen.
>>
>>89326281
Yeah that episode was a little fucked up looking back and thinking about how it was essentially about Rusty unknowingly trying to fuck his half sister and a love triangle between cousins.
>>
>>89326314
>>89326323
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6rzXIYOOmY
This is going to happen, you guys will see

>regeneration isn't canon
>>
>>89326451
Only difference is that Venture Sr cucked Monarch's "dad"
>>
>>89326451
Oh shit I forgot to quote >>89326349 about Evil Dead Regeneration
>>
>>89326349

Well magic, demons, cross dimensional travel and alternate timelines have already been shown to be real in the show.
>>
>>89326111
Dr. Z is the monarchs dad
>>
File: 7RD9Gh3.png (396KB, 800x475px) Image search: [Google]
7RD9Gh3.png
396KB, 800x475px
>>89326560
Pic related is Monarch's dad
>blue morpho got robocop'd
>>
What kind of archetype character has Venture Brothers not done yet?
>>
>>89326734
Any anime other than Astro boy.
>>
>>89327177
The SPHINX theme referenced Cowboy Bebop.
>>
>>89327373
Well,
1) It was more G.I. Joe than anything
2) Bebop references Western Works more than anything. The Theme is essentially an intro for a bond film.
3) The guy I was responding to was asking about Archetype characters not general influences.
>>
>>89327504
I see. I'd love to see Publick and Hammer's take on Captain Harlock.
>>
Who is Kirby?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOLMu_Tryuw
>>
>>89327564
Lupin would be pretty cool imo.
>>
>>89327569
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Kirby
>>
>>89327655
Anime that could work well with Venture Bros.

Captain Harlock
Lupin the Third
Gigantor
Akira
EVA

I could picture them doing something like Gigantor in the 60s but have Stotaro grow up to be like Gendo and parody EVA in the modern day.
>>
>>89327837
Yea this occurs in a parallel to our world, much of pop culture is the same and kinda plays fast n loose with the exact era it occurs in similar to Archer.

Example was 21 trying to get Venture to clone 24 with a rare Marvel comic as collateral.
>>
>>89325426
When are they going to fuck Dean?

When is supervillain Dean going to fuck them?
>>
>>89326734
Quirky female sidekicks?

Rescue Ranger-type adventurers?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (97KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
97KB, 1920x1080px
>>89326160
>>
File: 1445985258715.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1445985258715.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>89325368
I am watching the show for the first time right now.

It's pretty good, although I don't find humorous most of the jokes.
Brock is probably my favorite character.
>>
>>89326160
>tf2 characters as OSI memebers
>>
File: 975281289204.jpg (120KB, 1592x900px) Image search: [Google]
975281289204.jpg
120KB, 1592x900px
>>89326097
>I'm not sure if Army of Darkness is still canon after Ash vs Evil Dead

It was iffy in the first season, but there are a few references to AoD in the second season notably when Ash mentions that he traveled to medieval times and some flashbacks of his car from AoD.
>>
>>89328013
That seems kinda weird since you have the Fantastic Four comic and a real-life parody of it.
>>
>>89330897
Their mercs with mental problems ranging from narcissism to complete insanity.
>>
File: 310 - The Lepidopterists.png (732KB, 1275x733px) Image search: [Google]
310 - The Lepidopterists.png
732KB, 1275x733px
>>89327905
>EVA
they already did the "retard is piloting the giant robot" schtick
except this one wasn't cying all the time
>>
>>89325883
>that neck

>>89325368
>-Rusty Venture's arch enemy The Mighty Monarch is also Rusty's Brother
this is "bullshit but I believe it" tier
>>
>this is "bullshit but I believe it" tier
It's one of those things that isn't confirmed but makes to much god damn sense to not end with it.
>Show is just barely about Hank and Dean anymore and mostly about Rusty and Monarch
>The titular "Venture Bros." was actually referring to Rusty and Monarch this whole time.
>>
>>89325368
I have no idea what's going on in venture brothers because it takes 7 years for a new season to be made
>>
>>89333429
And even then you only get 8 episodes.
>>
>>89333429
More like 2-3 years and with a special in between. It took almost four years for the last season, but we still got that amazingly good Gargantua 2 two-hour special.
>>
I don't care how long it takes so long as it stays this fucking good.
>>
>love the VB
>haven't caught up

Heard last season was REALLY good too. I should really fix all of this... also, does anyone else own the DVDs?
Every season has Doc and Publick doing commentary for every single episode, it's a great listen. Most of the time it's just bullshitting.
>>
>>89330897
TF2 appearing in Venture Bros when?
>>
>>89327504
I dunno man, the way Brock blew smoke, the three guns lining up, and the planes flying through strips of color all felt like nods to Bebop itself. It's not like the crew wouldn't be at least passingly familiar with the show.
>>
File: 1423089646744.png (155KB, 472x162px) Image search: [Google]
1423089646744.png
155KB, 472x162px
>>89325368
>what is with this show about brothers having brothers in it
>>
>>89333826

never

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut9nePFv3qw
>>
>>89325368
I know VB generals have crazy amounts of posts when a new episode airs, but why are there never any threads about the show during downtime? I know there is a LOT of downtime, but there's a lot of shows that have been off the air for a long time that still get threads.

Is it the lack of waifus that makes /co/ not interested in posting about it?
>>
>>89335688

Because it's not that popular of a show. It's like Regular Show, American Dad, and Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Shows that are actually okay, but appeal to the general audience because of how ugly the characters are and how wacky the plot is.
>>
>>89335688
hasn't been good since season 4, so almost 10 years
>>
Is Red Death part of the guild?

How is he allowed to kill dozens of innocents every year when it's against the rules?

-no civilians
-no children
>>
>>89325883
This was never confirmed. They have a past connection neither of them remember, but that doesn't mean they're brothers.
>>
>>89335688
>why are there never any threads about the show during downtime?

There aren't enough characters to 'ship. If you haven't noticed almost every other thread is about shipping if it's not a general waifu thread or one devoted to capeshit and Marvel/DC bashing.
>>
>>89337268
Yes. That's the reason he was on the list to hench Rusty. And he doesn't kill dozens. Just one. His target (but realistically anyone stupid enough to get in the way).
>>
>>89331786
Not to mention
>There are no dragon deadites! There was a bat that one time...
When he was in the Asylum.
>>
>>89339605

He mentions murdering his nemesis' family. 21 mentions that he kills hundreds whenever he arches.
>>
>>89337268
Who's gonna stop him?
>>
>>89333826
it already did
doc and hatred were playing it
>>
>>89331786
Isn't it only iffy because they don't have the rights to Army of Darkness for the show? Pretty sure I have heard that in an interview Bruce Campbell did.
>>
>>89339860
Yeah they didn't have the rights back in season 1 so only the original movie was canon
But now in season two we saw scenes from Evil Dead 2 and Ash mentioned Army of Darkness

I have no idea what's going on anymore
>>
>>89339831

The Guild could stop giving him and his family heatlhcare and dental care. Red Death is only dangerous when he has his scythe.
>>
I think rusty and monarch are actually first cousins and not direct brothers. still close enough to have a resembeance. the real conflict was likely with their fathers who were the "secrete" brothers in this situation. something major likely happened when they were kids to make monarch hate rusty which also suppressed his memories about them being related. this is mostly just based of that one pic of them playing as kids in the venture compound lawn.
>>
Who are The Venture Brothers?

Hank and Dean?
Rusty and Jonas Jr?
Rusty and Malcolm(Monarch)?
Jonas and Blue Morpho?
Hank and Dermott?
>>
>>89340187
yes
>>
>>89339937
It's not hard to understand.

Season 1 never said AoD didn't happen, it just avoided mentioning it.

Then Season 2 mentioned it.

Pretty fuckin' straightforward.
>>
Does Venture Brothers have any retcons or inconsistencies?
>>
I'd be curious to know what the Guild laws on romantic relationships between villains and their arches are. Villainy can generally be seen as one long, recurring flirtation, after all.
>>
>>89341188
I found one inconsistency. So Dr. Orpheus claims to be a necromancer, and claims to have revived Ronald Reagan among other, and tried to revive Hank and Dean. Yet when 21 asks him to revive 22, he claims that necromancer is just a cool sounding title, and he can't really raise the dead. Of course, this could have been Orpheus lying to politely turn 21 down.
>>
>>89341949
Inconsistency no, Orpheus can raise the dead, but he has to have a body to anchor the soul to and 24 was just the skull
>>
>>89342385
Now that you mention it, that does seem to be the way his powers work. But why didn't he just tell 21 that?
>>
>>89342882
Because 21 was very unstable, and if Orpheus told him some shit like that, 21 would probably go digging up parts or try to make like a Venturestein with 24's skull or some shit
>>
>>89333696
>Every season has Doc and Publick doing commentary for every single episode, it's a great listen. Most of the time it's just bullshitting.

I love the show and i find it annoying too, I'd like to know how they wrote this scene or that or how they came up with a certain character but they always go off into some random tangents for most of the episode.
>>
>>89343207
>they always go off into some random tangents for most of the episode.

I thought that was hilarious.
>>
>>89326350
I thought Quymn was legitimately Col. Gentlemen's daughter, or at least his step daughter from a previous marriage.
>>
>>89339795
>He mentions murdering his nemesis' family
He states that he killed the family back when he didn't adhere the rules of the Guild. He's in control of his genocidal tendencies now (mostly)
>21 mentions that he kills hundreds whenever he arches
This could be either 3 things.
>He kills the people trying to protect his arch
>He causes a shit ton of collateral
>It was before he respected Guild law.
>>
>>89328956
I always have Brock's hair equipped when I play Heavy.
>>
I hope Warianna gets more screentime.
>>
>>89333363
Makes sense to me. They've been hinting at it FOREVER, the whole last season is based on how similar they look.

Would give a new meaning to the title 'The Venture Bros'
>>
>>89347030
They need to stop casting SNL actors for their characters. It's probably gonna be hard to get Kate McKinnon back after all the movies she's been making.
>>
Which venture brother is living the better life: Monarch or Rusty?
>>
That can't be. Trust me. Rewatch some of the season 1 episode and you'll realize they hint at a lot of shit that comes up in Season 3 and 4. For instance, there's a line in the Brisbee episode about how David Bowie started the Quiz show fad in the 80's. Or like how during I'm pretty sure the court room episode (could be wrong), 21 is about to tell his origin but is cut-off. The next time you hear about his origin is like the last episode of the latest season. That's fucking years worth of waiting for a single joke.

Really I'm a fan for the more subtle jokes. Like how Phantom Limb is just a Limbless version of The Phantom. Or like how 21's full name is Gary Fischer

It's shows like Venture Bros that make me stare off in disbelief when people claim that Rick and Morty has top notch world building
>>
>>89347507

Normies have too much pride to be caught watching Venture Brothers.
>>
>>89325368
>The dialogue in Venture Brothers sounds natural because a lot of the lines are improvised.

Not based on how I've heard Doc and Jackson describe their recording sessions.
>>
>>89347268
For most of the series, I would say The Monarch. Wealthy, does what he loves, and either dating or married to the woman of his dreams.

Rusty was living of his dad's past glories, not even enough cash to pay for the rent on his own, so he had to rent space out, never happy, and always popping pills to escape the real world.

With season 6, it's not quite so cut and dry, because Rusty is finally successful, even if he is still mostly mooching, he's mostly happy.
>>
>>89347507
Not the courtroom episode, the one where The Monarch and Baron Underbheit are trying to arch Rusty at the same time, so the henchmen are just shooting the shit outside.
>>
File: foryou.jpg (96KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
foryou.jpg
96KB, 800x480px
A L L
L
L
>>
>>89325368
>>89325801
>>89326255
Anon, I'm going to let you in on a secret. When Jackson and Doc leave these little unresolved cliffhangers, they usually try to avoid whatever people are discussing as the most likely option. The fact that the show seems to hint at Rusty and Malcolm being brothers probably means they won't be.
>>
>>89349545
Or they will be, but instead of a big dramatic reveal it will be "Oh, yeah, I remember now. Whatever."
>>
>>89343733
I was working on that hypothesis myself; luckily I just watched that episode today.

You notice everybody dropping their keys into the bowl?

It was implicitly a Swinging or wife swapping party.

The Colonel is a pastiche of William Burroughs, who was married, then shot his wife and moved to Morocco to do smack and boys.
>>
>>89343733
>>89349817

She's his step-daughter. He confirms this in 'Now Museum, Now You Don't', when he punched Rusty, proclaiming:

>THAT'SH FOR BREAKING MY SHTEP-DAUGHTER'SH HEART!

in reference to 'Doctor Quymn, Medicine Woman'.
>>
>>89325449
>Show is called venture brothers
>is focused heavily on doc and the monarch instead of dean and hank
You sure about that, anon?
>>
It is nice to see [as] airing an episode a week.

What stands out to me the most about the series is how they give these background characters larger roles. I assume they do not plan it out that way but just go back and grab some background character and flush out their story and then adding them to the main story. They did a great job doing that with Hatred and now with the Blue Morpho.

>>89347507
I like Rick and Morty but the fans get annoying to deal with. Most of them do not have any experience with well put together animated shows. They tend to be used to shows where continuity is not necessarily important. So once they come across a show where a world actually changes depending on the actions of the characters they get a boner for it.
>>
>>89350538
>waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah muh fanbases waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
God you're pathetic.
>>
>>89351537
Oh...alright. It is just what I have seen. Many of my friends praise the show for how smart it is. One of my friends even said he hated seeing Futurama because it reminded him that he was not currently watching Rick and Morty.

You are entitled to your opinion though.
>>
>>89351537
Why do people like you get so upset if you criticise the (loud and annoying) Rick and Morty fanbase?
>>
I sure hope there's only one or two seasons left. I really don't want to finish this show when I'm fucking 40.
>>
>>89325368
So that the titular "Venture Brothers" could actually be any of a number of characters
>>
File: THE MIGHTY BARON OF RUDDIGORE.png (899KB, 1027x755px) Image search: [Google]
THE MIGHTY BARON OF RUDDIGORE.png
899KB, 1027x755px
Anyone else think the Monarch's character is possibly influenced by Robin from the "Bad Barons of Ruddigore" animated film?
>>
>>89347264
The only actor they had trouble getting back was Stephen Colbert and that was because his show ate up too much of his time, someone who just does movies would have the downtime to do it.
>>
>>89351623
Your friends have bad taste, and an idiotic set of priorities. They don't even watch many cartoons or animated movies do they?

>>89351871
The first episode aired when I was 9 and wasn't allowed to even stay up to watch it. Now I'm nearly done with college. I don't want to get married before Venture Bros. ends
>>
>>89350019
That reminds me, I always found it funny how petty and superficial the characters can be. Like how Rusty broke up with Tara because she was an epileptic, or how seemingly no woman in the show can stand an uncircumcised penis, even the Quymn twins who are British (circumcision isn't common there, FYI).
>>
>>89326647
oh fuck, i cant believe i never saw that
>>
>>89352596

Or like how the Monarch was completly oblivious to Dr. Mrs. The Monarch smoking, and then giving her shit for it when he found out despite how obvious it was.
>>
>>89325368
>That's 7 characters who secretly who have a brother.
Actually, that's three.
Don't they teach numbers to you wherever it is you're from?
>>
>>89352596

The circumcision jokes always pissed me off.
>>
>>89352672

Me too. I hate being circumcised.
>>
>>89325368
>The dialogue in Venture Brothers sounds natural because a lot of the lines are improvised
Not really, plenty of improvised lines in other shows sound unnatural.

>What is with this show and everyone having a secret brothers?
60s trope
>>
Normies don't like Venture Brothers because it references things that are actually nerdy. A lot of the jokes go over a normie's head.
>>
>>89353072
I'd think the issue is that it references cartoons and sci-fi from the 60s and 70s, with which lots of people are unfamiliar with in this day and age.
Now go fap about your nerd cred somewhere else.
>>
>>89330459
Not calling you under aged but a lot of the jokes are references to old music and movies from the 70's. I'm 25 and I basically only get the old music references because because from having an older brother who always played 70s/80s grow up in my house
>>
>>89332101
I got a Power Rangers/Voltron vibe because the robot was so goofy and colourful
>WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!
>Errrm, looks like a clown with an ice cone for a hand
>>
>>89330459
If that screenshot is any indication of where you started, you've chosen the wrong place. It's kind of a continuity-heavy show.
>>
>>89325368
Only people who haven't watched the latest season deny this.

Doctor Girlfriend even starts suspecting that Rusty is the Blue Morpho because of the Monarch looking identical to him after cutting off most of his beard.
>>
>>89325368
Well its the Venture BROTHERS
Remember when we had a new opening with Rusty and JJ after the "deaths" of the "main" venture bros?
>>
>>89352297

2obscure4me
>>
You know if it wasn't for JJ looking like Jonas Sr. I'd say the Monarch had a chance to be Jonas's real son and not Rusty
>>
>>89353900
Obviously what happened is during a night of hot, tawdry swinging the mom had two eggs fertilized by two men and Doc absorbed Jonas' real son in the womb.

Monarch and Rusty share a dad but have different moms. This means Rusty is actually a far more effective villain when he, before even leaving the womb, literally usurped the role of the true son of Jonas Venture Sr.
>>
>>89348954
Dr. Mrs. The Monarch makes The Monarch the winner by default.
>>
File: 1484599917537.jpg (86KB, 500x307px) Image search: [Google]
1484599917537.jpg
86KB, 500x307px
>>89351623
>One of my friends even said he hated seeing Futurama because it reminded him that he was not currently watching Rick and Morty.
>>
>>89333696

I love he commentaries whats fun is when you hear them doing commentary while they were writing the next season and they start to get ideas for things or characters as they speak about them in the commentary.
>>
>>89325883
What does doc reciting Jessies girl have to do with them being brothers? It's been hinted at but not confirmed anywhere.
>>
Do we even know who Rusty's mother is? I feel like only a few people have been shown to have moms at all.
>>
I'm on my first watch through but I can't find escape from the house of mummies part 1. Anyone have a link?
>>
>>89356693

There is no Part 1. The fake preview being confusing is part of the joke.
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.