[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'd vote yes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: RCO008_1469037675.jpg (1MB, 1988x3156px) Image search: [Google]
RCO008_1469037675.jpg
1MB, 1988x3156px
I'd vote yes
>>
>>89323164
can you give a little more context?
>>
>>89323291
Secret society of supervillains found out their secret identities and they're voting on weather or not to mindwipe them
>>
>>89323369
mindwipe them as in turn into drooling bumbling comatose retards or just make them forget their identities?
>>
>>89323415
Make them forget
>>
>>89323164

That seems pretty easy for Supes to say when he can hear Lois yell his name from anywhere in the world, and the ability to get to her instantly.
>>
>>89323291
whether or not to rape the Joker
>>
>>89323600
just making them forget one tiny thing doesn't really seem that bad, its one thing to make them retards or mind control, but forget one detail? There's a chance for worse each time batman knocks a dude out.
>>
The story wasn't great but the scenario if wiping a villain's memory if given the chance is weirdly interesting to me. I think it's one of the few concepts of superheroes in a morally grey area that kinda works instead of just being edgy or shit writing.
>>
File: 1480990312536.jpg (608KB, 1074x1650px) Image search: [Google]
1480990312536.jpg
608KB, 1074x1650px
brb, getting Loss.jpg
>>
File: LOSS.jpg (176KB, 489x487px) Image search: [Google]
LOSS.jpg
176KB, 489x487px
>>89327080
>>
>>89327080
At the risk of embarrassing myself, where is this from?
>>
>>89323369
Why the fuck would anyone vote no on that?
>>
>>89327151
Ctrl+Alt+Del by Tim Buckley
>>
File: 1480989956739.jpg (787KB, 1074x1650px) Image search: [Google]
1480989956739.jpg
787KB, 1074x1650px
>>89327151
John's Flash run. Story is Blitz. Vol. 2 #192-200
>>
>>89327202
Some stupid, pretentious, moral bullshit.

If Lois was raped by Dr Light, you bet your nuggets that Superman would lobotomize the mother fucker.
>>
>>89323164
>would use his heat vision to take someones lobotomize someone's power away.
>wouldn't mindwipe his identity away
Suck my dick, Clark.
>>
I'd vote yes. Just because you're fighting crime doesn't mean you have to roll over and die if somebody finds out your identity and goes after your friends/family.
>>
>>89327224
Kekekekeke
>>89327254
Thanks.
>>
>>89323164

Why is Superman so shit? You have the ability to protect innocent lives without hurting anyone, but you decide they don't deserve to be protected because of the choices their S/Os made? Fuck off.
>>
File: 6xd5TSE.png (9KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
6xd5TSE.png
9KB, 500x500px
>>89327593
No prob anon.
>>
>>89323164
Come on, Supes. Doc Savage would have performed surgery on the villains after he caught them to remove their criminal impulses from their minds.
Like... it's an actual thing he did.
>>
>>89323164
I could be wrong, as I'm not all that familiar with this stuff, but wasn't this some sort of alteration/retcon of an earlier story where the League had erased some villains' knowledge of their secret identities, and it hadn't been treated as a big deal, but this later story turned it into this weird moral dilemma?
>>
>>89323164
Gonna vote no. Fucking with someone's mind is never a good idea. And why the fuck is Martian Manhunter or someother psychic there to mediate?
>>
>>89327118
kek
>>
>>89323164
I love superman, but I dont' agree with this portrayal. Superman is not one for victim blaming. What would he have told Tim Drake the moment after his father was murdered? "Tim I'm sorry but this is your fault cause you made your father a target when you decided to do good on this world". Doesn't sound very superman-like to me.
>>
>>89323164

Honestly Superman is 100% correct and fuck all of these "heroes."

They have all their codes for justice and truth but as soon as those codes effect them personally they all get thrown out the window? What kind of bullshit hypocrisy is that? Nobody forced them to become superheroes and endanger their loved ones, it was a choice and it's an all or nothing choice when it comes to the ethical and moral thing to do.

I don't know Black Canary well but this is terrible writing for both Ollie and Wally. Although I am aware when it comes to a moral dilemma in cape comics you're probably gonna end up having a lot of people acting completely out of character just for the sake of their being two sides to an issue (see: Civil War).
>>
>>89333547
It's good writing for Wally.

At first, he thought the same as Supes.

Then his friend became Zoom and killed his unborn children.
>>
>>89323164
>Zatanna gets the tiebreaker vote in deciding whether to mindwipe somebody or not.

Huehue
>>
>>89327487
He didn't actually do that, he just told him that and gave him a concussion so he couldn't use his telepathy powers. You have to read the end of that story you know.
>>
>>89333699
To be frank, it doesn't matter for your "enemies" anyway, Supes is right.

Even when Wally erased himself from everyone's mind, Zoom still remembered him so at the end it didn't even matter.
>>
>>89333749
I'm pretty sure she tells the rest of the League to fuck off, nobody votes on whether she uses her powers or not. And then she mindwipes everybody.
>>
>>89333547
>Nobody forced them to become superheroes and endanger their loved ones, it was a choice and it's an all or nothing choice when it comes to the ethical and moral thing to do.
Yeah, but it wasn't the loved one's choice.

Like shit, do you have a choice if your son turned out to be a superhero? Fuck no. Your mum is 100% innocent. Why should she have to pay for your choices?
>>
>>89323600
>>89325643
Actually, Dr. Light was extremely hurt by the proccess and became some "drooling bumbling comatose retard".
>>
>>89334500
No, with Dr. Light they activelu wanted to change his personality instead of just make him forget, that was the whole point. The JLA had secretely been making villains forget identities for a while and they decided to take it a step further that time.
>>
>>89334152
>Yeah, but it wasn't the loved one's choice.
>Why should she have to pay for your choices?

And that's why bei8ng a superhero isnt something you do for fun, that's why Batman and Superman are ALWAYS right when it comes to this shit, they know there's a price and that you will eventually have to pay a prize. Of course neckbeards want their heroes to have the same morals as them, but thats not the point. If you are a cop and your family gets killed by an angry mexican you put in jail once, sure you could kill him as retribution, is not terrible, but a SUPERHERO needs to be above what a normal person would do, why? They have to stand for more, the same moral superiority that allows them to do the stuff they do, beat criminals, brake international law, put civillians at risk during their fights, should be there when they have to face their own personal problems. I believe thei do have to struggle with that, with their resposability, but i believe that the "shit happens" mentallity or the "he is just like me" shit doesnt belong in superhero comics. The minute they start acting like normal people they stop being superheroes and they are just powered people doing some good
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.