[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old Crazy Cyclops

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 25

File: image.jpg (144KB, 432x960px)
image.jpg
144KB, 432x960px
Question: Why is adult Cyclops considered crazy?

All he did was make a inhuman peanut cloud not kill mutants (heck it wasn't even him, it was Emma).

And this is somehow a bad thing because?

I mean, does Marvelreally expect us to support Inhuman and their peanut holocaust cloud of death and support them driving Mutants to extinction? Because it seems like Marvel is trying to paint the X-Men as "Evil Invaders" against the Poor Inhumans because they don't want to be gassed to death (and we are suppose to support gassing of minorities?).
>>
>>89308068
Bobby is just thinking with his dick.
>>
Bobby is one of those stupid "LGBT for Islam" faggots, evidently.
>>
>>89308068
Because "Cyclops is Hitler" was a narrative decided before they actually had an idea for why he was Hitler.
Marvel for whatever reason got cold feet either be it because writers pushed against it or because they couldn't have a "ambiguously sided" hero v hero event in which one half is fighting in defense of Hitler's legacy. And now it's all just a garbled mess of conflicting messages.
doesn't help that they wanted to make Cyclops the villain before and a lot of fans found little fault in Cyclops each time they tried to push harder.
>>
>>89308068
it's the result of editors not knowing what they are doing, and the writers not caring

>>89308275
he really is, he literally let his family got raped by mistmen, while he himself escaped with his muslim boyfriend
>>
>>89308068
Marvel is butthurt that people chose the X-Men over Inhumans. IvX is their way of having their cake and eating it
>Fine! We'll stop the inhuman gas cloud and shilling the Inhumans in X books
>But we're gonna try and make the X-Men look like dicks for not wanting to die to shame you all!
>>
There are no winners in a race war. You know, Beast's idea of evacuating this shithole of a planet is sounding better by the moment.
>>
>>89308068
bad writing
>>
>>89308528
That's wrong, the winners just don't write about it so their neighbors don't judge them.
>>
>>89308528
Beast is a race traitor. The Mutants shouldn't have to leave because the Inhumans infected Earth with their fart cloud.
>>
File: notfair.gif (2MB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
notfair.gif
2MB, 400x250px
>2017
>People still don't understand how Heel Turns work
>>
>>89308346
>doesn't help that they wanted to make Cyclops the villain before and a lot of fans found little fault in Cyclops each time they tried to push harder.
Rightclops truely is unstoppable, every time they tried to make him into Wrongclops with Schism and AvX and shit, he just became more right.
>>
>>89308716
>Cyclops is wrong
>It's explicitly someone elses fault that happened
>>
>>89308685
Except all the comics are saying the X-Men are wrong/evil for wanting to get rid of the killer fartcloud of death and wanting to protect their lives. It's why Iceman >>89308068 leaves the X-Men. Because the X-Men have gone too far wanting to stop a extinction gas holocaust cloud.
It's also why Marvel is having the cite innocent pure Moon Girl and Kamala fight Magneto and the X-Men, because they are good guys. Not the evil muties.
>>
>>89308621
>implying the victorious civilization "winning" negates their war crimes and acts of genocide.
>unaware that all winning empires fall. There is no exception to this rule.
>subjugated losers then shit all over the winning side, after it's crumbled.
>ignorant of the fact that this is how Christianity started.
>Anon has just been giving a history lesson.
>>
>>89308673

No, they should want to leave for all the other reasons. Marvel Earth sucks anyway, every other week someone's trying to destroy it.
>>
>>89308752
>try to make Cyclops into a villain
>accidentally give him Sniktbub's spot as the edgy guy who sticks it to the man and is popular
>>
>>89308843
This implies that the X-men have never been wrongly accused before, of course, everytime they are accused of being terrorists and evil, Magneto is involved. And it seems like that is holding true, maybe muties shouldn't let known global terrorists join and lead their ranks
>>
>>89308068
Iceman hasn't been the same since Bendus ruined him.
>>
>>89308998
Very true. Mutants seem more like biological weapons of mass destruction than actual people.
>>
>>89308910
lol

there are thousands of dead communities and peoples who weren't lucky enough to get back on top and bitch about it
>>
Iceman is thinking with his hole
>>
>>89309080
And they can never just let mutants live their lives, they ALWAYS have to show up some place public and announce that said person is a mutant and now they are in danger. And if they tell them to fuck off the muties give them a guilt trip about letting their people down and all this other shit, as if mutants have an actual culture to refer to themselves as a collective People.

It'd be cool if mutants stopped forcing on race wars and just focuses on being heroes
>>
>>89308068
I hope Iceman die from the terrigen mist.
It's not the X-men fault if the inhuman destroyed all of their terrigen crystals and they have all the right to save their species.
>>
>>89309100
That was mostly before the philosophy of hegemonic victory was adopted.
>>
Marvel is just totally tone deaf and has been since at least Civil War 1, a shitty political allegory where they had to have the registration side do out of character douche things because it was otherwise too reasonable.
>>
>>89309241
If the losers survived the race war, the winners obviously didn't actually win.
>>
>>89308068
Probably becasue, like most of the x men, they annoy me and usually act hypocritical
>constantly consort with terrorists helbent on either mudering humans of forcing them into being muties
>Storm can control weather and spends most of her time at the school but doesn't do anything to make a safe haven for muties on earth
>Magik acts like an adrenaline junkie constantly going off to do things even though shes the only reason anyone living in limbo doesnt get ravaged by demons
>in attacking the inhumans they claim to want to just take out key players, move a ton of inhumans into the middle of limbo to fend for themselves causing the death and mutilation of them
>Somehow cant sympathize despite being in the slightly the same position around AvX in that a leader seeing his people suffering and dwindling aims to revitalize them through drastic means
>Except that was the universe's most destructive force, this is a cloud that can be avoided by simply leaving the planet
>X dont take a page from the inhumans and succed in creating a soverign nation, with all the things they need to survive
Though i think they did try that with utopia while they were the Pheonix force?
>know the location of every mutant on earth yet somehow instead of thelping them before something happens they wait till a scene has developed and then intervene
> meanwhile inhumans follow their cloud around, get muties out of its way and help any coccons & inhumans they find to accept their inhumanity
>>
>>89309494
Just a reminder that Storm is by far the worst leader the xmen ever had, last time she was in charge everyone lost their memories and we're exiled to Australia
>>
>>89309561
isn't she being led by charles' psycic projection now though?
>>
>>89309797
No, that is just a stressed induced hallucination.
>>
>>89309561
>we're
Oh fuck a mutant.
>>
>>89310082
I may be a mutie, but I sure as hell ain't no X-Man
>>
>>89309561
>>89310172
Muties move on. This is an Inhuman board.
>>
>>89310229
Fuck you, Medusa
>>
>>89308068
It's stuff like this that makes me glad that Fox owns the X Film rights.

Marvel doesn't deserve to have their film rights back when they treat their X-Men so badly.
>>
>>89308068
Why can't they just send O5 back home already?
>>
Rightclopse goes in the trash bin labeled "potential" right next to Ultimate Reed.

Which isn't either character's fault, it's Marvel's.
>>
>>89308972
This is my point, exactly. Earth is a piece of shit. There are so many better planets out there. There's Lila Cheney's Dyson Sphere. Anywhere is better.
>>
>>89309481
Race war and genocide aren't the same thing. Not everyone subscribed to Nazism.
>>
>>89308068
It's Hopeless
>>
>>89308068
Just when you thought a comic event couldn't be as stupid and poorly thought out as CW2, along comes IvX and wins the title with ease.
>>
>>89308843
>Because the X-Men have gone too far wanting to stop a extinction gas holocaust cloud.
Does he not realize that he's murdering himself by not opposing the Terrigen cloud?
>>
because they wanted him vilified but didn't think it through and have him do something actually horrific
>>
He fought anti mutant extremism with pro mutant extremism
Which never works
>>
>>89308981
How was he Wright in avx
>>
>>89308346
Which is fucking hilarious since tons of comments and characters mention they aren't didn't know or denounce Cyclop's cloud killing when they either saw what he did, or helped him do it.

Fucking Magik helps him, then acts like she was never involved, then goes and does something WORSE in XvsI.
>>
>>89317703
Why do you think someone up top compared him to "LGBT for Islam"?
>>
>>89311514
>implying it's the marvel movie divisions fault
>>
>>89318327
How wasn't he?
>>
>>89308716
>Rightclops truely is unstoppable

Soon he will be so right, that he'll have to make three turns when he wants to go left.
>>
>>89309494
>X dont take a page from the inhumans and succed in creating a soverign nation, with all the things they need to survive
They've done that multiple times.

Every single time, some fucko human musters an army of Sentinels to blow it up.

As opposed to the Inhumans, who find world governments bending over backwards to help them.
>>
>>89318537
He used an uncontrollable entity and tried to control it, even though he should know better
>>
>>89318662

Poor Magneto, he just wants an island to be left alone on.
>>
>>89318797
The Phoenix Force seemed pretty controllable when Jean was using it for two years before the Hellfire Club fucked her in the brain.
Why did the Phoenix Five lose control again? Oh that's right, because the Avengers kept aggravating them.
The same Avengers that caused the Phoenix split and not bond with the chosen host in the first place.
The same Avengers who started the who conflict by invading Scott's peaceful and sovereign nation IN THE FIRST PLACE.
>>
That wasnt the last time she led
Also you're wrong, she was acting like rightclops literally decades before it became a meme
>>
>>89318811
An asteroid is fine too.
>>
>>89308068
Cyclops is literally worse than Hitler
>>
X bump
>>
>>89318662
The Inhumans are using some of members to basically mind rape them, like that lesbo tranny Swain.
>>
>>89319161
Why the fuck does everyone forget Rachel?

Heck even fucking Quentin was stable with it in that future.

The only reason the Phoenix turns someone crazy is mind fuckery and unwanted interference.
>>
>>89324113
Jean is a nymphomaniac and sociopath by nature. Xavier curbed those innate behaviors in Jean. Claremont, himself, established the Phoenix was corrupted by Jean Grey and her inner darkness. She caused a supernova and killed 5 billion people to achieve a vaginal orgasm, according to Claremont.
>>
>>89324113

Yeah everyone forgets that Mastermind was mindfucking Jean and making her go crazy. someone should compile numbers, Dark Phoenix is the exception
>>
>>89324553
Well Xavier was lusting after her so I wouldn't expect him to have done a great job with that.

She was always a shit hole anyway who turned into a saint via Gwen Stacy method.
>>
>>89308068
>Question: Why is adult Cyclops considered crazy?

Marlel doesn't own his movie rights.
>>
>>89308068
For Bobby not realize the cloud has killed so many mutants, is still killing mutants, will make the earth lethal to all mutants living on it, and kill him and his friends? Is he that dumb/horny to betray and let his race die!
>>
>>89328387
Well his bf is an empath and manipulates emotions?
>>
>>89328387
To be fair, everyone and everything in this story is dumb.
>>
>>89328479
I thought we were would be done with dumb badly-written events after CW2.
>>
>>89329018
Why would you think that?
>>
>>89329488
Hope.
>>
File: Xperimenting_42613018.jpg (44KB, 281x366px) Image search: [Google]
Xperimenting_42613018.jpg
44KB, 281x366px
(OP is an idiot)

As far as the rest of the X-Men cast know (with a few exceptions) Scott Summers was the guy who alienated all of his friends one after another, abandoned all of the principles he had, rejected Xavier and embraced Magneto, created the X-Men's schism, threatened the world with displays of militant mutant power, started a war with the Avengers,
AND THEN grabbed godlike power for his own purposes and remade the world as he saw fit,
AND THEN murdered his adopted father for (as of yet) no known reason,
and then after being broken out of prison repeatedly declared mutant revolution and claimed to devote the rest of his life to Xavier's ideals.
AND THEN died trying to start a race war.

This is not consistent behavior.
Some of these actions and declared goals contradict one another.
Those are the kinds of things that define insane behavior.
Is Scott a follower of Xavier or Magneto's tactics? ...depends on when you ask.
Is Scott a nonviolent pacifist (as Xavier raised him to be) or a cold-blooded killer? ...he flips back and forth on that.
Is Scott actively trying to alienate everyone he knows or trying desperately to redeem himself in their eyes? ...it was one then the other then the one then the other.

There's few possible excuses for all this that don't involve madness. Remember: Scott Summers has gone mad before.
>>
File: Cyclops21.jpg (38KB, 373x586px) Image search: [Google]
Cyclops21.jpg
38KB, 373x586px
>>89331340
>Is Scott a follower of Xavier or Magneto's tactics?
Scott is better than both of them.
>>
>>89331340
The fact you don't see CYCLOPS WAS RIGHT is why Donald Trump was elected.
Enjoy the next 4 years of being WRONG, faggot.
>>
>>89319161
>sovereign nation
The entire deal with that in Marvel is all kinds of fucked up. A spaceship can land near Manhattan, claim land around it as sovereign and nobody bats an eye.
>>
>>89308068
>marvel pushes inhumans
>by will, skill or luck x-fags hold the line
>marvel locked in to multi-year plots
>asspulls and retcons
>alienated inhuman-fags
>alienated x-fags
This would be funny if I didn't feel bad for the fans.
>>
>good writing
>comics
Pick one.
>>
>>89308068
MUH CULTUREEEEE

Which is funny since they're not even on their own planet
>>
File: Cyclops13.png (917KB, 572x899px) Image search: [Google]
Cyclops13.png
917KB, 572x899px
>>89332129
But the mutants made their own island off the coast of California. They didn't claim it or take anything from the US.
>>
File: 1471921276774.jpg (1MB, 2048x3154px) Image search: [Google]
1471921276774.jpg
1MB, 2048x3154px
>>89331340
>(as of yet) no known reason,
Scott killed Xavier in a fit of passion because he was sick of upholding the lie that the man was a saint when he was a manipulative bastard who indoctrinated impressionable teens then claimed plausible deniability when they learned from his examples
>>
>>89308068
Wait, this is Iceman?

Wasnt he a mutant since forever? Is he only saying this because of that mad pussy hair control that only medusa can give?
>>
>>89332195
>Is he only saying this because of that mad pussy hair control that only medusa can give?
poor anon.
no, your close, but I can guarantee that pussy hair has nothing to do with iceman anymore.
>>
>>89332190
It's not like Xavier didn't deserve it. He died by the sword he lived by, a super powered child soldier.
>>
>>89324553
>Claremont, himself, established the Phoenix was corrupted by Jean Grey and her inner darkness
got any examples? not doubting you I'd just like them for my collection
>>
>>89332195
no he's trying to get up the boyhole of an inhuman named Romeo
>>
>>89331340
>AND THEN died trying to start a race war.

He didn't start it, he died before the conflict even started. Confirmed Inhuman wanker who didn't read.
>>
>>89332129
Osborne thew what was one of the most powerful Avengers teams ever at the time at them, and lost.

Who else is going to tell them to clear off?
>>
>>89332258
>Confirmed Inhuman wanker
No anon, there are anti-mutant marvel fags but every single inhuman-fag I've talked to is assblasted by the characterization marvel had forced on their niche.
>I never asked for this.

- every Inhuman fan
>>
>>89332389
I was mainly joking, I'm a huge Inhuman fan & this shit is just pissing me off with how fucking stupid it all is
>>
>>89329751
Hopeless
>>
>>89309494
x-men don't constantly mind rape the government while inhuman do that every single time
>>
>>89319161
Don't forget, going by the advise of Wwolverine
>>
>>89309494
>>in attacking the inhumans they claim to want to just take out key players, move a ton of inhumans into the middle of limbo to fend for themselves causing the death and mutilation of them
I know you're baiting hard but I really wish this would happen.
>>
>>89332157
technically they are. But the real take away is that the terrigen cloud is a bastardization of their culture.
>>
>>89331340
>>89332063
Scott was trained by MLK to be the next Malcolm X. He was meant to lead the army that protected mutants from harm, while Jean did the talk shows and acted as the peaceful, nonviolent face of mutants who continued the professor's work. Then Jean died, and Scott was left taking both roles, resulting in a mix of the two that doesn't fully work, but it's the best he can do given the circumstances.
>>
>>89333745
Dang. That's like double Death Flag. I'm amazed he stayed alive this long.
>>
>>89308068

I still dont understand how attacking these terrigen clouds is in any way an attack against inhumans.

1) there is a sufficient population of inhumans to sustain the population, they do not need the clouds.

2) the clouds are lethal to mutants, they have no choice but to fight for their lives.

Look, I don't mind forced conflict but there needs to be some semblance of rationality behind the conflict. the inhumans have no *need* for the cloud, only a *desire* to increase their already-sufficient population. they're nazis who have decided they need the resources in poland more than the polish jews needed them, the nazis didnt need poland.

worse, they're forced conversionists. how many humans would raise their hands and volunteer to be turned into fish-men or giant dogs? inhumans = muslim expansion. and the absolute weird thing from marvel is that they're presenting their islamic waves as more in the right than their analogy for gays.
>>
>>89309561

Storm is the Polar Boy of the marvel leadership.
>>
>>89335768
I laughed when the young Inhumans from IvX #2 had to use Eldrac, whose horrible fate is to be a huge immobile piece of transportation equipment and has been left buried in the sand outside the city.
>>
>>89335819
Polar Boy is from the LoSH, right? What did he do?
>>
>>89336884
I liked that he screwed them over and sent the couple right to Old Man Logan.
>>
>>89332190
How is this scan proof of Xavier being an asshole? Xavier is making the right call. These are young kids going through puberty and influenced by their hormones. Mutant powers in general seem to destabilize mutants psychologically.
>>
>>89308241
I thought his main sexual organ is his boipussy now, isn't it?
>>
File: Xavier10.png (1MB, 1280x1047px) Image search: [Google]
Xavier10.png
1MB, 1280x1047px
>>89337907
Xavier was always reading everyone's mind. Always read "your thoughts were so loud" as "I got curious."
>>
File: 1415043056638.png (3KB, 196x171px) Image search: [Google]
1415043056638.png
3KB, 196x171px
Why is Marvel pushing the Inhumans so hard?

They're basically just another group of mutants. Everything they do the X-Men do better as a whole.

Are they trying to make them popular for a movie or something?
>>
>>89338131
Yes. Marvel/Disney has the movie rights to the Inhumans, not the X-men. At least they backed off on the Inhumans movie, but they still might do a tv show.
>>
>>89338103
That's a concept not restricted to Xavier or X-Men. In Babylon 5 the telepath Talia Winters explains to a client that thoughts in general from non-telepathic minds broadcast themselves freely, and the telepath has to learn to block them out. She further explains that sometimes certain thoughts are so powerful that a telepath cannot block them out. Thoughts such as those are usually intense fears, rage, manic happiness, and sexual arousal. X-Men telepaths seem to work the same way, as far as I can tell.
>>
>>89338089
This strikes me as a versatile relationship.
>>
>>89335768
Because the writers/editors just expect you to accept the conflict and sympathize with the Inhumans because they said so. Anyone with a brain could tell this conflict is terrible.
>>
>>89338307
I think it's a tv show now
>>
File: Smugclops.png (121KB, 244x345px) Image search: [Google]
Smugclops.png
121KB, 244x345px
>>89335768
Technically it's sort of a similar issue to Mutants Decimation. Inhumans without the Clouds are basically Mutants without an X-gene. They can have all the babies they want but they're basically humans. Nothing wrong with that but they want to be weirdoes because they're assholes like that.
Though they probably could've found a solution to the letting the clouds run free range. Like maybe gather up the clouds into a specific location and having their offspring perform going into the mists as a ritual. But doing something like that probably goes against the Inhuman culture and way of life.
>>
>>89340989
Not exactly. Inhumans without terrigenesis still have higher than human stamina, strength etc. The distinction is with "potential" NuHumans, but those that have been transformed into "true" Inhumans should be enough to sustain a population.

The thing is, if the cloud stays, it will also activate something that's called "secondary terrigenesis" for the Inhumans, which is often fatal. Writers conveniently forgot about that, just to make X-Men seem "unreasonable", when they are, in fact, saving not just themselves, but the Inhumans too.
>>
>>89341050
But....our gimmick.
>>
These events really make you question the moral compass of marvel writers/editors where they have these "gray" conflicts where one side is so obviously in the right
>>
>>89341173
Fuck you and your gimmick.
>>
>>89341173
Why is she doing that?
>>
>>89318405
>XvsI
I like you.
>>
>>89342559
Because she's sad.
>>
>>89342785
Actually. There is something in that. I wouldn't mind her having an arc about coming to terms with everything she's done after Axis.
>>
>>89337907
It's not bad enough that he's using mind control to force a student to do do what he wants, he's getting another student to use her mind control powers and betrayal the trust of her peer to deflect blame away from himself
>>
>>89341407
Do you think the writers/editors believe their bullshit that the Inhumans have a good reason to gas all mutants or do you think they know it's a shitty excuse?
>>
>>89328387
But Bobby...You're gay...
>>
>>89342559
NuMarvel is progressive remember? She's a strong independent woman who ain't need no Blackbolt when she can have Human fucking Torch.
>>
>>89308275
When did Booby become gay, i honestly have miss many X-Men arcs but when did that happen?
>>
>>89343418
In Bendis's run
>>
File: Bobby Drake07.png (2MB, 900x1367px) Image search: [Google]
Bobby Drake07.png
2MB, 900x1367px
>>89343418
>>
File: Bobby Drake08.png (879KB, 1049x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Bobby Drake08.png
879KB, 1049x1600px
>>89345527
>>
File: Bobby Drake09.png (923KB, 1400x1086px) Image search: [Google]
Bobby Drake09.png
923KB, 1400x1086px
>>89345541
>>
>>89345570
>a psychic stopping someone who actually can turn powers off
I don't believe it.
>>
>>89345570
I still can't believe that the same writer who didn't feel comfortable really exploring Peter Parker's female clone would do something like this.
>>
>>89343250
I think they know, but all assumed one of the other writers was in charge of ironing it out and left it to them
>>
>>89345649
Bendis isn't a fraction comfortable with quietness in any form as he pretends to be. He decided he was gonna make someone gay for brownie points and picked the team member he gave the least shits about. You'd never see him let any of his precious darlings like Miles, Kitty, or Jessica Jones catch 'the gay'.

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if he's one of the main opponents to letting Carol and Jess Drew be more than galpals
>>
>>89346854
>Quietness
Queerness. Fucking autocorrect.
>>
>>89346714
I can see that. I also think they don't k ow what's going on in books or what will happen.
Cyclops being Hitler and the "horrible" thing he did is proof of this.
>>
>>89345570
Is this actually what happened? Because that is some shitty writing.
>>
>>89347731
>Is this what actually happened?

We ask ourselves this everyday.
Yes, this giant pandering asspull actually happened. It's stupid and forced and hurts iceman in so many ways and unless you have a master plan to wrestle control of marvel from the SJW's and put it back in the hands of people who read comics there's nothing we can do about it.
>>
File: Jean Grey28.jpg (347KB, 900x1366px) Image search: [Google]
Jean Grey28.jpg
347KB, 900x1366px
>>89347731
That is an edit, but, yes, that is what happened.
>>
>>89342889
In this situation, other options are available, but not practical. This is a case where an uncooperative child, who is their only means of exit, is having a breakdown. Xavier made a call and diffused the situation swiftly. Xavier is responsible for the other two children's safety. They children and not mentally mature enough to make those kinds of decisions. Xavier is. It's an action borne out of necessity and safety.
>>
>>89308068
>Question: Why is adult Cyclops considered crazy?
bad writing
writers wanting to shit on him because they don't get the reader
>>
>>89332190
The rest of the X-Men don't see Xavier as that manipulative bastard, to them there was no reason whatsoever for Summers to kill him.

... and with the Phoenix clearing up his mind he probably remembered some extra long forgotten/erased brainraping that Xavier had done to him.
>>
>>89349441
That's right, the superhero in nothing but speedos and frosted hair has always been the paragon of heterosexuality.
And the kinds of online trolls who would freak out about anything contradicting that know what defines "hetero"...
>>
File: Xavier02.jpg (452KB, 794x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Xavier02.jpg
452KB, 794x1280px
>>89351245
I was surprised they didn't put Xavier up for sainthood after he died.
>>
>>89347872
FunFact: the term "Social Justice Warrior" (or "SJW") was first coined by a NeoNazi hategroup who propagated the strategy among their membership in order to manufacture an online harassment campaign against an organization that gave out literary awards for science fiction.
This is true, you can look this up.
They don't just attack characters that aren't pro-Nazi heterosexual whites, they also attack writers that aren't pro-Nazi heterosexual whites.
Such is their devotion to freedom of speech without agenda pushing.
But always remember:
This or that character simply existing is that persecution that all those poor poor pitiful weak white heterosexuals are suffering from, won't you help them? They need your protection, they're so pitiful and useless without it.
Can't you see how fragile they are? Just having this character be gay is harmful to them. Because they're soo fragile.
And they are fragile. (I guess it's a defect of the white race.)
>>
File: Xavier's-Army-AVX11007.jpg (315KB, 992x596px) Image search: [Google]
Xavier's-Army-AVX11007.jpg
315KB, 992x596px
>>89351708
Did you happen to notice that when Captain America talked to the imprisoned Scott right after, Cap called Xavier "the greatest man he had ever known"?
... he didn't know him.
And both Hank and Kitty had seriously considered murdering Scott, Logan you can understand doing that, he even said he was going to before Scott took the fun out of it for him.
But the pacifists are the weird thing here, the whole Xavier line was non-violence and now even the least violent X-Men are calling for Scott's blood.
>>
File: 1414655372181.png (216KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1414655372181.png
216KB, 1600x1200px
>>89351492
>when bobby goes to rescue his boyfriend, he makes sure to re-ice himself with cool hair
>>
>>89350052
Why pick Cyclops though?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-13-20-00-07.jpg (18KB, 170x208px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-13-20-00-07.jpg
18KB, 170x208px
>>89352916
>tfw Seth McFarlane made the "iceman is gay" joke years before Bendis made it canon

Why does he have so much power over the comics medium
Is he the american Grant Morrison
>>
>>89351492
>talking shit about Namor, pussy quaker
>>
>>89351865

Bait. SJW came from "keyboard warrior".
>>
File: beginning of indoctrination.jpg (69KB, 352x294px) Image search: [Google]
beginning of indoctrination.jpg
69KB, 352x294px
>>89351245
>some
more like all of it from day one
>>
>>89354018
Seth was sort of picking up on an even older bit of subtext discussion too. Bendis was unknowingly doing the work of homosexual wizards sigiling for at least 20-30 years.
>>
>>89350018
if that was the case he could have just taken full responsibility and made Magik open the door himself.
He didn't need to make Karma the one to compromise her morals and pull the whammy trigger on her friend
>>
File: Avengers_vs._X-Men[1].jpg (213KB, 300x461px) Image search: [Google]
Avengers_vs._X-Men[1].jpg
213KB, 300x461px
>>89350052
too many wolverine fanboys.

also lets not beat around the bush. Aaron Schism. Bendis did both AvX and the aborted 'mutant revolution afterwards. that's where the real dissonance between how Cyclops was received vs how he was expected to be received when it came to his actions and rhetoric
>>
>>89354205
Aaron is a worse writer than Bendis
>>
>>89353965
He's been the cracking up character ever since Thunderbird died.
Everyone thinks the Phoenix/Jean death was the first time he broke down but he was already going a little nuts even by then.
Claremont was first just using this stuff to write him out but it soon became a go-to source of major drama that writers have been copying ever since.

And as it so happens, there's a good reason to give readers the option to think his actions are sometimes motivated by insanity.
>>
>>89332190
Looking back, Claremont really was found of having all non Americans use random phrases so the readers know where's they're from huh?
>>
>>89346854
He hates both Jason Aaron and Iceman for dating Kitty while Aaron was writing X-Men and had that weird brood pregnancy plot among other things so this was the way to get back at them.
>>
>>89354633
yeah
I mean I can't blame him, it's easier for casuals to remember 'the french one' or whatever than the character's actual name or appearance. especially when you never know if you're gonna get saddled with an artist with bad sameface next creative reshuffling
>>
File: Cyclops12.jpg (392KB, 1280x1992px) Image search: [Google]
Cyclops12.jpg
392KB, 1280x1992px
>>89354367
Scott has ever been the picture of mental health.
>>
File: tumblr_o45zl0pIhp1sp1wslo1_400.jpg (139KB, 379x380px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o45zl0pIhp1sp1wslo1_400.jpg
139KB, 379x380px
>>89354766
>>
File: Xavier06.jpg (108KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
Xavier06.jpg
108KB, 500x501px
>>89354874
Thread posts: 161
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.