[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stand Still, Stay Silent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Any fans here? I just binged the entire archives yesterday and good lord, I can't believe a comic this quality has been sitting right under my nose for so many years.
>>
>>89297957

Sigrun is the best. I love that crazy Valkyrie commander. But all the characters are very likeable.

The setting is intriguing, the art is nice. I kinda wish they were to discover some great mystery or something now that they had their small battle to move the narrative forward.
>>
>>89297957
That pic just screams "tumblr"
>>
>>89298030
I feel like the whole deal with the ghosts is a pretty cool/horrifying discovery. I get the feeling that there's a lot left to uncover, the comic seems like it's still got a long ways to go. Everyone's only just found their feet.

And god, I love Sigrun too. She's so fuckin cool and badass and excited about being cool and badass. I like her hair and pointy face.

I kinda ship her with Mikkel even though this is not remotely a romance focused comic
>>
>>89298056
How so? The comic has yet to come off as tumblr-ey to me, and it's something like 600 pages in.
>>
>>89297957
It's a comic I think works best in bulk so I leave it for a few months before picking it back up.
>>
>>89298083
Yeah, I always do the same thing. Makes finally catching up to the latest comic after a long binge really painful, though.

This one updates four times a week(with the art quality and page size I have no idea HOW, the author is some kind of machine), but even that's not quite enough for me. I forget what's going on if the story gets broken up too much.
>>
>>89297957
>>89298083
Ditto. That's how I started reading it, and I think that's how I'm going to go back to it. This last arc sort of felt flat to me, for some reason.
>>
>>89298081
Their faces have that peculiar stylization you see all the time in tumblr.
>>
>>89298128
Yeah, it did feel a little bit off to me as well. Kiiind of just a big long fight scene, really. And while they do look cool as hell, straight up fight scenes aren't really what I'm here for.

The other shoe dropping at the end really hit me in the heart, though
>>
>>89298030
Sigrun IS best, but Tuuri is a close second by being cute as hell.
>>
>>89298451
I love that Tuuri's hair has been noticeably growing out in their time out in the silent world. It's a nice touch, keeps the cuteness fresh.
>>
Yeah i think its a pretty great read myself

Super concerned about tuuri. Theres a multitude of story options with whats going on and cant wait to see what happens
>>
Its good, but I'm getting some bad vibes about the comic now

>Minna seems like she's starting to burn out and is working on the other project more
>art has worse imo
>big hyped up fight was pretty shit
>with the type of comic it is, they're gonna find a way to make the vaccine work
>>
>>89298717
I did think the fight was a bit disappointing, but it did wind up with some major repercussions, so I dunno.

I hadn't noticed a drop in art quality, but if Minna IS burning out I feel like she'd be well deserving of dropping her output a bit in order to keep the quality high. 4 massive pages a week is a LOT.
>>
>>89298995
>>89298717
Nearly seven hundred pages of anything is a lot

I do think they might make the vaccine work, but vaccines don't cure trolls and ghosts. The population will probably be safer and able to expand steadily, but it's not like they'd be on the path to restoring humanity
>>
But the vaccines seem to cause the black spirits somehow. Which would in itself be a problem. As trolls can atleast be fought off and area reclamed
>>
>>89299157
>>89299290
My best guess is that they'll come up with some way to slow down the illness's progression before it's too late, but be required to search for more vaccine research. I think Tuuri getting infected was really necessary, narratively, to give everything a sense of urgency, as well as giving the whole crew(especially Reynir) a reason to come back out to the silent world after their first trip is finished. Assuming they even go back to civilization after this chapter.
>>
>>89298228
>>89298717
>>89298995
I don't think action scenes are really the artist's thing. At least not big ones, and certainly not as long as this one.

I'll wait a bit, then re-read the whole thing.
That prologue, coupled with the first part when they all meet, is so fucking good.
>>
>>89297957
People of /co/ do not like anything slow-paced.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.