[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/doag/ - Dumbing of Age General/Group Therapy Session

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 35

File: 16869291364701002212.png (395KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
16869291364701002212.png
395KB, 1000x333px
It's funny because she's a pervy lesbian.
>>
>>89296523
>there's like a billion gender studies teachers

only in willis land

>hurr durr super overt and unbridled horniness is fun only if it's a lady wanting another lady

I hate everything
>>
The incredibly thirsty lesbian is like the only amusing thing in this entire comic, stop whinging.
>>
>>89296523
>sad online dorks to crush
>implying they get crushed
>implying everyone has as thin a skin as willis

Also he should really never draw Mike from the front again.
>>
>>89296523
Holy shit, Willis made Mike's phone screen part of the transparent layer, and I thought I was going fucking crazy for a second seeing something other than a blank white screen in the hover image.
>>
>>89296523
So are Ethan and Mike just regularly arguing with trolls online, or have they not left that bed for, like, two or three days or whatever?

Also,
>It's funny because she's a pervy lesbian.
To think that Willis considers himself a progressive when he has one character who is a perverted lesbian with little else to her character and another woman whose name is literally a play on "lesbian".

Anyways, the password is "horses". I don't know why; I thought it would be "journalists".

Well, might as well say goodbye to Daisy for the next few months. She's literally here for a punchline and Goodbye.
>>
>>89296811
WTF?

Is it big enough to exploit? We need Mary/Carla pictures to go on that ASAP.

>>89296915
I think it's still the same day.

And don't forget the character who told everyone she was a lesbian like 40+ times in the span of one year, and one week in-universe.
>>
>>89296915
I think growing up on transformers and GI Joe blinded willis to the concept of 'token' characters, and why many consider them just as offensive as the complete exclusion of minority groups.
>>
>>89296974
theyre wearing different outfits, so its probably not the same day
>>
File: 2016-08-03-percent.png (293KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-03-percent.png
293KB, 1000x333px
>>89296915
>So are Ethan and Mike just regularly arguing with trolls online

I'm pretty sure Mike is still working on his "fuck Ethan (literally) to fuck with Danny (figuratively)" long game.

Arguing online together is just Mike's version of a romantic long walk on the beach.
>>
>>89297105
i like the mike/ethan developments but i still hate that last panel. could he really not find a way to word that that didnt sound clunky and terrible?
>>
>>89297172
Willis uses baby words in an attempt to sound interesting
>>
>>89296523
>Ethan going full Hitler with the way his nose shadow is drawn.

Also is "absolutely shitting themselves" really the words to use for going nuts over a big story? What's wrong with "having a field day," "throwing a fit," "thanking god," "losing their minds,"etc?
>>
>>89297258
Perhaps that phrase is on Willis' mind for some reason.
>>
Kinda weird that this is drawing so much more media attention than the shooting
>>
>>89296915
What do you mean password?
>>
>>89297310
In Willis Land, politics > violence.
>>
>>89297258
whenever Willis gets stressed he has a seizure and shits himself

maybe he just thinks it a normal thing for everyone?
>>
>>89297351
>>89297310
that's everywhere though. that's the most accurate thing that a shooting gets downplayed for a scandal of a politician
>>
>>89297343
Each strip has a title that connects it to its Internet URL. So if you guess the title, it's like a password to see the strip online before it's posted officially.
>>
File: Pictures_of_Spidergays.png (329KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
Pictures_of_Spidergays.png
329KB, 1000x333px
>>89296974
>Is it big enough to exploit? We need Mary/Carla pictures to go on that ASAP.

Sorry, anon. It's barely big enough to make out something as simple as Dick Butt if you squint really hard.
>>
>>89297464
That seems really exploitable.
>>
File: B2-03-01.png (197KB, 1111x333px) Image search: [Google]
B2-03-01.png
197KB, 1111x333px
Hey dudes, have a new comic.

Sorry that this one sucks, I'm just going through some stuff right now, but I had the need to just complete something.
>>
>>89297571
Don't feel too bad. They're all terrible and we're used to it.
>>
>>89297671
the exact place to be when youre emotionally compromised is somewhere where you already know everyone hates you, i fully understand your decision here
>>
>>89297671

Dude

You realize that people aren't just yanking your leg when they say this shit, right?
>>
File: mikes_blackmail_files.png (938KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
mikes_blackmail_files.png
938KB, 800x1000px
>>89296974
>>89297496
Well, unless you just make it bigger.
>>
Wait you can delete posts on 4chan?

Learn something new and retarded and useless every day.
>>
>>89297829
You're a hero.
>>
>>89297258
It's acceptable.

>>89296915
Not only that, but, considering that Leslie doesn't come out of the closet until shortly before the badly-drawn haircut, Daisy was the only out-and-out lesbian Willis had for years. This is what happens when you write a work that's nonsense unless you've read a bunch of other stuff.

Also, I looked through the archives, and I found something interesting. The first few strip with Daisy are actually...normal. She seems like a pretty competent head editor, and kind of a hardass too. But after the first gay joke, there are only two out of eleven other strips with her that don't end with a 'lol, look at how horny she is' joke. Willis actually had a half-decent character before he ran her into the fucking ground.
>>
>>89297834
yeah, there's a button in the bottom right, near where you change your layout. certain boards won't let you(like /d/), but most do.
>>
>>89296523
>like a billion gender studies teachers

FOR LITERALLY WHAT FUCKING PURPOSE. Gender studies is not that fucking important of a class. There should be like...2 MAX. That's like having 5 home ec teachers. Like...does everyone just teach one class a week, what the hell?
>>
>>89298072
Well to be fair, one of the first things she says is "we're all gay in gender studies."

She also is very open about having a crush on Robin after she first shows up to class.
>>
>>89298307
>FOR LITERALLY WHAT FUCKING PURPOSE

Because Willis craves those yummy Tumblr brownie points. Also because the only requirements to be a gender studies "teacher" in any universe, real or fictional, is to despise the cis scum and fight the patriarchy.

I think a degree in Puppet Arts is a more legitimate subject than Gender Studies.
http://www.fastweb.com/career-planning/articles/the-35-weird-but-cool-college-majors
>>
>>89296523
question: are any of those billion gender studies teachers male?
>>
>>89298307

i mean they probably aren't solely gender studies teachers.

>>89298486

you still need a degree
>>
"Our growing department includes 11 full-time faculty members, numerous joint appointments, and over 37 outstanding affiliate faculty from a range of disciplines. In addition, more than 120 faculty on campus whose research interests include gender and/or sexuality are allied with Gender Studies. This rich and diverse faculty specialize in gender identity and sexuality studies; embodiment and scientific practice; cross-cultural, transnational, and historical perspectives on sex and gender; queer theory; social, institutional, and legal discourses of gender; mass media and popular culture; sexed bodies and health; literary and artistic constructions of gender and sex; the state, national identity, and citizenship; and gendered knowledge formations."
>>
>>89299195
>queer theory
PffftAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAaaaaaaaaakillme
>>
>>89299195
This is actually pretty similar to the stuff that literature majors study. One of my cohorts in my grad program was getting a gender studies certificate in addition to her Master's.

Anyone studying language and culture is going to be studying that kind of stuff.

>>89299306
If anyone cares, queer theory is when you study something (usually literature) in the context of marginalized genders and orientations.

Say, you could look at Harry Potter and talk about how it treats gayness. In that it hardly exists in the universe, despite Dumbledore being gay.

When Umbridge imposes rules about girls and boys staying a certain distance apart, it obviously doesn't account for gay/bi/etc. students. So that's something queer theory would point out.

You could also discuss how something reflects the treatment of LGBT+ people in real life, how it represents the culture at the time. Stuff like that.

The reason they can get away with calling it that is because the movement was mainly started by LGBT+ people to point out different contexts in literature that were being ignored. It's one of those "it's our word" things.

(I wasn't concentrating in literature specifically and took a couple of feminist-focused lit classes. Feminism isn't just about straight women, so lesbians and stuff definitely came up in class as topics.)
>>
>>89299306
yeah I don't know why that's stated since the only Queer theory I know of is a literary study
>>
>>89299646
I feel queer theory could also play into historical/sociological study. So like, how "queerness" has been defined and responded to throughout history/cross culturally. I took a Sex and Human Culture cultural anthropology class that, while not specifically about queer theory, did encompass it.
>>
I have a hard time imagining any lesbians actually enjoying DoA. Does anyone know a lesbian who isn't horrified by the awful behavior of the lesbians in the comic?
>>
>>89299500
> "It's okay when we do it."
>>
>>89297416

Remember that time the Vice President shot a man in the face and the man apologized for getting shot in the face?
>>
>>89297571
It's good that you're keeping your work ethic. I hope you come through whatever it is you're dealing with right now.
>>
>>89298173
Just remember that you can't delete a post that's more than 1 hour (?) old
>>89299500
>tfw Umbridge was helping gay students get laid even more than usual
>>
>>89297105
Maybe, but the last time we saw Ethan and Mike was doing just this. They may be wearing different clothing, but it feels like there hasn't been a passage of time between the two. Not even a joke where one of the two meets up with the other to discuss new targets or strategies.
It's sort of like my complaint about how Becky and Sayid were never shown having a proper introduction to each other. Willis just kind of brushes off the beginning of small details like that and dives straight into the middle, leaving the reader to assume that X had happened offscreen.

>>89297559
You'd think that, but it's still not possible to scrape a URL for a future comic without an automated script or a LOT of typing.
And I still haven't gotten around to making a script like that. School started up again, and I've gotta get back into the flow of things.

>>89298072
If I had to guess, it was because Willis ran out of ideas to make her unique to the rest of the cast, and didn't give her much in the way of development since she was always meant to be a minor character.

Isn't she also obsessed with Amazi-Girl?

>>89300044
Forget lesbians; I wanna know how alcoholics (former or otherwise) feel about Ruth and Billie's relationship.
>>
>>89301934
What do you even do?
>>
File: 1455720214267.jpg (111KB, 500x644px) Image search: [Google]
1455720214267.jpg
111KB, 500x644px
>>89302186
Data entry for a energy company.
>>
>>89297571

What's the joke here? You're just doing the same shit as Willis with worse character designs and the genders reversed.
>>
>>89304339
The joke is that he calls it a parody.
>>
>>89304461

Does he call it a parody ironically?
>>
>>89304495
No, he really thinks he's sticking it to Willis. This entire thing started because Willis made fun of him on twitter like a year ago.
>>
File: 1474420091612.jpg (11KB, 226x225px) Image search: [Google]
1474420091612.jpg
11KB, 226x225px
>>89297571
>Sorry that this one sucks
>this one
>>
>>89296594
>>there's like a billion gender studies teachers
>only in willis land
I mean, what are all those Gender Studies graduates going to do? Get real jobs?
>>
>>89300044
As a bi person I find DoA abhorrent.
>>
>>89297172
>>89297105
"I'll just DARE (this word is in bold) to do my "Mike things" to you, then.
>>
>>89297571
Sorry, you're having a rough time.
>>
>>89297105
The scout salute is 3 fingers, Willis you fucking hack.

t. eagle scout
>>
>>89307500
Aren't scouts anti-gay anyway? Stealth shitlording by Mike?
>>
>>89307500

Well he's trying to fuck Ethan over regardless, so
>>
>>89307500
I doubt Mike was ever a boyscout.
>>
>>89309436
We both know that Willis never thought of that and he just drew what he thinks the Scout salute is.
>>
>>89309736

I dunno, the way the pinky is, it looks like he tried to draw the salute and fucked it up, so just drew it with the pinky straight. We know the fuck can't draw hands.
>>
>>89310170
>We know the fuck can't draw hands.
Preach!
>>
>>89296523
just... why everything, Willis? why even bother anymore?

i get that you think selling out is the "objective" of art, but i don't get why you think it's a black and white issue. could you maybe try to be good? try to improve or experiment? something, anything? i'm honestly getting tired of the same four arguments in these threads, something i thought couldn't happen, and i want you to step out of your comfort zone to at least break the monotony.

or is this what you wanted? the dull murmur of sycophants and the desertion of all critique? because one day you'll stop hearing the murmur, Willis, and you'll realize you're all alone with your aspie wife and down-syndrome children, and all you'll have to show for it is a pile of mediocrity that everyone forgot.
>>
>>89311565
>could you maybe try to be good? try to improve or experiment? something, anything?
> i want you to step out of your comfort zone to at least break the monotony.
>or is this what you wanted? the dull murmur of sycophants and the desertion of all critique?

I don't know, anon. Let's ask Willis.

>"And so I thought to myself, okay, what kind of story can I write effortlessly without having to put my nose in the Internet and spend thousands of dollars on toys that should be buying my kid food instead? WELL, COLLEGE, OBVIOUSLY. Take all my characters, reboot them, and just write them forever, because I know I can. It’s my wheelhouse. I can write that on autopilot, blindfolded. "

>write effortlessly
>on autopilot, blindfolded

Willis says no.
All those things you want to see? They require _effort_ and cannot be banged out for a newspaper serial format, three-month queue at a time. Experimentation would demand that autopilot be sacrificed.
>>
>>89312178
i hate that he actually said these things. he draws like he's in his first year of college, and he writes like a jock in a creative writing class. way to go David Weenus, you shot for mediocrity and you barely made it. keep acting like you're some sort of visionary artist with breathtaking foresight, and just add someone with a different skintone but acts like every other cast member when the act starts to feel faked. and remember: being trans is ALWAYS a substitute for characterization.

fucking hack.
>>
>>89313703
>being trans is ALWAYS a substitute for characterization

Don't forget. So is being black, gay, half-black, mute, lesbian, quarter-black, muslim, christian, autistic, or a straight white male.
>>
>>89313703
The worst part is that "without having to put my nose in the Internet and spend thousands of dollars on toys that should be buying my kid food instead?" is a perfectly valid and understandable reason to switch tracks and write something that doesn't require as much upkeep on current trends, especially when you've got something like kids that need your focus and time. The problem is that, by the end, Shortpacked! was wasn't really focused on toys and topical niche humor at all.
>>
>>89313976
Oddly enough Hispanic has only come up twice.
>>
>>89314276
he still spends a hundred bucks on transformers every week or so

he post about it all the time on his twitter
>>
>>89296523
For the first 3 panels, I thought Ethan was resting his head on Mark's arm.
>>
>>89316828
Well, babies don't need THAT much food, right?

Plus they probably won't need a college fund based on how much of a useless nightmare their daddy thinks it is based on his half-year experience.
>>
>>89298307
>>89298888
It's really sad to see you guys getting mad over what's essentially hyperbole.
>>
>>89316984
Something about the way Mike looks in panel 4 is making me feel uncomfortable.
>>
>>89316828
I'd suggest he spends far less that, but his Patreon DOES enable such spending habits.

>>89317625
We honestly wonder if Willis is going to try so hard to be a progressive and "cool" parent that it backfires upon him and his kids begin to shy away from and distrust him.
>>
>>89317628
The problem is that most of us know exactly how small Gender Studies programs actually are. IU's current Gender Studies program has 12 core faculty members.
>>
>>89317628
The problem is that hyperbole is being used in a situation where it should not be. Schools don't actually have all that many different teachers/subject. There are a few more for the core classes that everyone needs to graduate like chem 1xx, but for an elective that only attracted a class of a few dozen, I'd guess there's 2 or 3 teachers tops teaching different classes. Maybe even less since it's so niche. I know my community college basically gave a guy free reign to make his own race studies class, and he was the only one who taught it.
>>
>>89317628
>>89318063
the problem is there was a school shooting less than a week ago (or was it two?) and this is the story that's getting the media blitz. but then, Ethan seems so abnormally detached from the news, though i'm pretty confident he has Leslie's gender studies class and this should probably personally interest him. ESPECIALLY since this shit happened directly after Robin came to speak with Leslie's gender studies class.

but then i'm the idiot for expecting a reasonably human reaction from a character in this comic anyway because what has given me a reason to expect that?
>>
>>89319402
It might be just a little over a week.
And I think that in retrospect, Willis shouldn't have ever done the school shooting arc. If he wanted to tell the story, he should have just made it a straight kidnapping at the fountain, without having ever brought the gun into play. Plus, he could have given Dina something to do by having her be kidnapped as well, with implications of giving her over to Mike "Shock The Butt Monkey" Pence, if you catch my drift.

But involving gun violence was simply a mistake. I wish I could explain it in more detail, but for the most part it just opens up a larger can of worms than a kidnapping would have done.
>>
>>89318063
>>89319327
>>89319402
That's fair.

It's just that the folks above you couldn't get that across without sounding, ehh, /pol/-ish
>>
>>89320661
I wanna saw he did a school shooting because they were big in the news at the time

Willis likes to chase tragedies to get people to read his comic
>>
>>89321024
/pol/s just feeling a bit randy since the inauguration

I wouldn't worry about it too much
>>
>>89321550
You're probably correct, though Willis' buffer normally prevents him from being entirely on the pulse of the news.

Hell, just look at how this RA "election" storyline is going on after the actual election concluded. Which reminds me, I wonder how drunk Willis got during the inauguration.
>>
>>89321718
he ate a hat as a joke, that's about it

he's was honestly pretty subdued during the election and inauguration, which is honestly even weirder
>>
>>89321781
I believe he drank heavily the night of the election.
>>
>>89319402
>Ethan seems so abnormally detached from the news, though i'm pretty confident he has Leslie's gender studies class and this should probably personally interest him
Nope, he's not in the class, and Mike's question makes it seem like he's not in *any* gender studies class, because he'd ask him if it was his teacher if so.

Willis did completely downplay the lingering effect a shooting on campus would have on people.
>>
>>89321983
"Downplay" is an understatement. He just skipped ahead three days in the timeline to bypass any potential complications resulting from a police investigation into Toedad's motivations, specifically Becky being outed as a homeless squatter.
>>
>>89322089
Yeah, you're right, he completely ignored it. I don't even think it really phased Amber at all, despite her near death experience. She was more disturbed about Sal than her own safety, which feels like a thing that could've been explored way more than it was.

Come to think of it, Mary's paranoia would probably cause her to be pretty anxious after the shooting. He should've had her react to Carla's prank with the assumption that something horrible was going to happen and just had a nervous breakdown, instead of grabbing a box for no discernible reason at all.
>>
>>89322322
Hell, just look at what the school had the RAs do to discuss the shooting: Literally next to nothing other than get the wing together and read from a clipboard.
This may have just been at my own dorm, but if there was a topic worth discussing at large, we'd have had entire floor meetings, not simply limited to one wing at a time.

On another topic of the same vein: Somehow NOBODY had any feelings about the shooting, as if everybody knew it happened and went "Eh, it happens."
>>
>>89322492
the only fallout from the shooting was Ruth saying school shootings don't happen in Canada

Which is a bold faced lie
>>
>>89322705
It's amazing how Willis will probably NEVER bring up the idea that IU is still completely unaware of Becky's existence on campus, despite the likely police investigation of the events.

But I guess by the time they DO realize that Becky is a squatter, she'll have garnered enough money to pay off rent. Because I guess all she's good for now is working at Galasso's, to the point that it pays for her education. Well, I suppose there's also Joyce's dad loaning her money.
>>
File: 2016-02-18-everybody[1].png (421KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-18-everybody[1].png
421KB, 1000x333px
>>89322492
Posting the strip for context.

But yeah, the idea that no one was like, "Ruth, what the fuck, I'm fucking scared and you've completely failed to help" is complete bullshit. He was so wrapped up in the Mary drama that he completely fucked up the rest of his story.
>>
>>89321983
is he not? i thought the entire cast was, but then, they only go to class once every real-time year and i'm not going to sift back through the archives to verify anything.
>>89322322
remember how Amber fell through the windshield of a fast-moving car? neither does the narrative!
>>
File: SoCloseYetSoFar.jpg (2MB, 3000x2887px) Image search: [Google]
SoCloseYetSoFar.jpg
2MB, 3000x2887px
>>89323551
And apparently his beef with Mary was so important that he scrapped a much better series of events to put more emphasis on her.

Either Willis still has a thing for Mary, or Willis slept through whatever writing courses he took in college and never learned how to focus.

I'm almost tempted to give Willis five bucks just to get a glimpse at all his Patreon-exclusive commentary, whatever that may be.
>>
>>89323700
>is he not? i thought the entire cast was
nah its just joyce, joe, dorothy, and walky.
and mike sat in on one class but hes not in it
>>
>>89323700
>>89323982
oh, and roz, obviously. forgot about her somehow
>>
>>89323732
The stuff on the left is better. It's refreshing to see Walky grapple with a serious situation, and the quiet way Dorothy slips in there when he talks about not having to face scary situations alone is actually kinda sweet.

Okay, Dina doing the raptor pounce thing is silly, but if he's going to turn Mary into such a cartoony villain, why not have her be slammed in a cartoony fashion?
>>
File: 14055626304162560305.png (416KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
14055626304162560305.png
416KB, 1000x333px
so do people just randomly lay about holding hands while eating in a living room?
also LOL STEVEN UNIVERSE
>>
>>89324192
Eh, the DBZ version of that song was better.
>>
>>89324386
it's funny, I'm actually on a call right now with a SU fan. Seeing the comic, I started singing, and he immediately joined in and we both sang the super saiyan version.

I don't watch SU.
>>
>>89324192
Have I mentioned that it still pisses me off that Willis freely references SU while spitting in the face of all it stands for? Because it fucking does.
>>
>>89324071
If Willis didn't think Dina pouncing on Mary was a good idea, he could have just changed it. It's as simple as removing Dina as well, and finishing Mary's speech bubble; the punchline would be her attempting to retain control of the situation and clearly having none. If he NEEDED Dina, just have her slightly on-panel, barely visible behind the frame. Or, if he wants to set up Dina entering the room, just have her standing right behind Mary.

And yeah, it actually makes for a great character moment for Walky and Dorothy, whether read daily or in a binge-read like this. It shows that Dorothy is supportive of Walky despite the implication that their relationship is flimsy by design. It shows Walky trying to be mature and caring, when the rest of the strip portrays him as an autistic dipstick.

And yet despite all of this, Willis scrapped it because it "took too much focus away from Mary" and because Walky and Dorothy talking with Ruth and Billie felt "kind of awkward" since apparently nothing in this fucking universe is supposed to be awkward if you can't get a fucking joke out of it. Oh, and don't forget how it's apparently all-too important that we learn that Walky is Billie's emergency contact, which makes LESS FUCKING SENSE when you consider that (A) emergency contacts are submitted by the individual, in this case Billie, (B) they'd likely have called Ruth's emergency contact first, and (C) Billie wanted nothing to do with Walky when coming to IU, making her decision to make Walky her emergency contact a fucking paradox!

God, I'm triggered.

Simply put, this is what we mean when we say that Willis has wasted potential. He clearly has some modicum of talent that can result in a good idea, and yet it all goes nowhere. He actively ignores his own opportunities to bring his characters to a state past where they are. I wouldn't be surprised if they NEVER evolve over time.
>>
>>89324192
I hate this so much

Robin is so goddamn selfish and stupid and Leslie is codependent and milquetoast as shit

I hate them both
>>
>>89324192
That's amazing. He's actually reverted back to having them act like this is the Shortpacked! universe without any fucking effort whatsoever. I can't wait for the "They're soul mates" argument when Cerb starts to point out how Robin STILL did harm to all those homeless gay teens.
>>
>>89324442
I never got the deal about the emergency contact thing, but it's sad to know Willis will scrap some decent strips because he needs to shoehorn more Mary into it. This guy doesn't have his priorities straight. Though, it does explain a lot about the quality of his webcomic.
>>
>>89324192
>Star Wars 7 posters
>Steven Universe
I'm never going to get over how this comic began in 2010.

Also, Rey looks like she's got a worm coming out of her mouth. I wish InCase was drawing DoA so I'd have an excuse to post the gloryhole picture.

Also, the password is, for some reason, "meltdown". I can't say why, though.

>>89324441
I question how much of the show Willis has actually watched, and how much of the show he's gleaned from Tumblr.

>>89324452
I'm sure there are reasons to like them, all of which are not present in DoA.
>>
>>89324192
His version of the TFA poster makes it look like Daisy Ridley has a weird moustache or scar.

>Leslie says she'd hold hands with Robin and then they'd watch SU
>They're holding hands and watching SU
Am I supposed to "squee" at this? It's just kinda shitty. And I like both Steven Universe and Robin & Leslie in Shortpacked. This just seems... poor.

Way to cleverly not show whatever passes for holding hands in your garbage art, Willis. And I'm not even joking, I really don't want to see it.
>>
>>89324636
>My reputation as a conservative is ruined!
>My career is in jeopardy due to these allegations!
>What should we do?
>Stay inside and watch cartoons all day while holding hands and eating cereal.

Also, I just noticed that Robin is precariously balancing the cereal bowl on her knee. That takes skill.

>>89324791
I doubt the emergency contact thing will EVER come back up in ANY capacity.
And I don't even know why he opted to stretch out the Mary plotline as he did. The minute that the residence manager showed up and Ruth was carted away, Mary lost that leverage she had over her. There was no need for completely tertiary characters to step in and act as a Greek chorus.

>>89324917
I'd lie and say that's the real reason I censored the hand-holding in that one porn comic, but I just wanted to be unfunny.
>>
>>89324917
>His version of the TFA poster makes it look like Daisy Ridley has a weird moustache or scar.
I didn't catch on that, but he managed to draw some detail of her hair without connecting it to the side of her head, and it really looks weird. I guess that's what happens when you half-ass your art and phone it in all the way year after year.
>>
>>89324192
>reciting the line, of the first song, in the first few episodes of SU
>See kids? I like what you like! Be sure to keep reading DOA!

I hate how transparent Willis is sometimes
>>
>>89325756
Willis is probably like me in that regard: Watch a good chunk of the first season, then drop out of regular viewings, but keep tabs on the fandom through third-parties (on /co/ it's the Steven Universe threads, and on Tumblr it's... Well, Tumblr.)
>>
>>89326084
that's fine

The difference is you are a random anon on a chinese water color paintings board that's not trying to sell me anything

While Willis is a shyster and a con man
>>
>>89326512
Oh, of course. I forgot to append my post with something along those lines:

The difference between me and Willis is that while I'm down to let Lapis step on my dick, I'm not going to pretend to be an ongoing fan of the series.
>>
>>89314276
>>89316828

Plus he's dropping mad money on toys and cons anyway, just not nearly as much in his Shortpacked days.

Plus, as he often says, Willis can show off his toys and baby supplies on his blog, and they magically become tax deductible "business expenses" Win-Win!
>>
File: maryerika.png (220KB, 417x467px) Image search: [Google]
maryerika.png
220KB, 417x467px
>>89324192
So Robin is confirmed lesbian now (or bi)? And she's cool with being forcefully outed and her political career destroyed? I don't really understand Robin's motives, I thought all she wanted was to get elected, and now she doesn't seem to care.
>>
File: spacetime.png (447KB, 1329x333px) Image search: [Google]
spacetime.png
447KB, 1329x333px
>>
File: praise.png (433KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
praise.png
433KB, 1000x562px
>>
File: considering.png (536KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
considering.png
536KB, 1000x666px
>>
Can someone tell me what happened recently, it's been a long time I was here
>Group Therapy Session
too long
>>
>>89327580
>So Robin is confirmed lesbian now (or bi)?

No, she's only confirmed brainless.
>>
>>89331210
You mean if danny finally ditched amber for sal?
No
>>
File: smart.png (432KB, 807x453px) Image search: [Google]
smart.png
432KB, 807x453px
>>89324192
>Grown adult admits that she has lesbian tendencies
>Suddenly like Steven Universe
>>
>>89329278
Bretty gud.
>>
File: Dumbing of Age.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Dumbing of Age.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>89331210
How long we talking anon? Mary vs Carla long or Leslie x Robin long?
>>
>>89324863
All of DoA's couplings are extremely terrible.
>>
File: IEpV4hg.png (366KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
IEpV4hg.png
366KB, 1000x333px
>>89331928
Lost track right after the dinosaur hunt arc.
>>
>>89296523
Men -- especially when one is straight -- do not lay in beds like that together.
>>
>>89324192
>so do people just randomly lay about holding hands while eating in a living room?
Um. Yes.What? Is this a real question? Willis gives you plenty of insane things to mock, you don't have to pretend incredulity at something incredibly normal.
>>
>>89329313
What the fuck? I missed this.
>>
>>89332476
Let's rephrase. Do a conservative politician who broke into an apartment to yell at the occupant because she believed that the occupant was part of a conspiracy to generate a gay sex scandal and the lesbian Gender Studies teacher who lives there who was obsessed with said politician until she was forced to confront the politician's anti-LGBT actions and how they affect her randomly hold hands while eating in a living room while the apartment complex they're in is surrounded by news media?

In all seriousness, the strip is terribly placed within the plot. Narratively it'd work much, much better as the denouement of the Robin/Leslie arc; it reads like it should come after Robin and Leslie coming to terms with their differences and the issues them being together would bring to their lives. It feels like Willis is trying to ram home a plot by skipping around its development.

>>89331488
Robin is intrigued by the surprisingly conservative messages found in Steven Universe.
>>
>>89332671
>It feels like Willis is trying to ram home a plot by skipping around its development.
>skipping around
You got that right. The last strip with these two was them realizing that if everybody already thinks that they fucked, then they might as well do it, leaving the reader with the implication that they, at the very least, kissed.
>>
>>89332827
That's also a huge problem. We know Leslie soaks her panties over Robin, but Robin so far has shown little interest in Leslie and mostly just seems along for the ride. Most of their actual interactions, and Robin's Q&A session with the class, read more like Robin wanting a friend.
>>
>>89333040
Watch it lead into a reversal of the "hetero except for one" dynamic of their relationship in Shortpacked.
>I'm asexual, but I'm willing to be friends with benefits!
>>
>>89333114
>I'm not a lesbian! All I want is a galpal to hang out with, watch cartoons, eat junk food, and play with my clit! Normal friend stuff! Quit trying to make this weird.
>>
>>89332527
You missed the edits tumblr?
>>
File: lynch.png (769KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
lynch.png
769KB, 1000x667px
>>
File: fanbase.png (542KB, 979x666px) Image search: [Google]
fanbase.png
542KB, 979x666px
>>
File: TheBoysWing.png (552KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
TheBoysWing.png
552KB, 1000x666px
>>
File: lingerie.png (186KB, 1114x273px) Image search: [Google]
lingerie.png
186KB, 1114x273px
>>
>>89335194
>Danny goes undercover with the Chads to find Ryan
>turns out Ryan isn't a member of any frat and none of the frats like him because he keeps crashing parties and being a creeper
>Danny rallies the frat guys into a campus watch organization called Bro Squad
>they find and detain Ryan
>Danny hooks up with this nice sophomore named Taylor who runs the campus LGBT+ alliance
>>
File: save.png (556KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
save.png
556KB, 1000x667px
>>
>>89335288
I really love the idea that the DoA characters are fourth-wall aware and act differently when off camera.
>>
File: normal.png (234KB, 763x333px) Image search: [Google]
normal.png
234KB, 763x333px
>>
File: myonlyhopewasmary.png (289KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
myonlyhopewasmary.png
289KB, 1000x333px
>>89335426
>>
File: fivemoreminutes.png (1MB, 1000x988px) Image search: [Google]
fivemoreminutes.png
1MB, 1000x988px
>>
File: savethem.png (741KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
savethem.png
741KB, 1000x665px
>>
File: missing.png (581KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
missing.png
581KB, 1000x667px
>>89335426
>>
File: inthenursery2.png (164KB, 725x333px) Image search: [Google]
inthenursery2.png
164KB, 725x333px
>>
File: WhatsInTheBox.gif (502KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
WhatsInTheBox.gif
502KB, 160x160px
>>89335711
Love it.
>>
I want every single person in this comic to kill themselves. I hate every one of them.
>>
>>89335963
Whoa, calm down, duderino
>>
>>89333345
>Just gals being pals!
>>
>>89336360
>even though she's using a strap-on, Leslie struggles to maintain an erection when Robin isn't wearing the gag
>>
>>89336393
Holy shit!
>>
>>89296637

She didnt say she needed anything to drink
>>
>>89297571
>I'm just going through some stuff right now,

Hope it increases
>>
>>89337260
Don't reply to him.
>>
>>89336018
Every one of them is fucking retarded. They're boring terrible assholes but I'm suppose to like them because they have depression or some shit.
>>
>>89335711
That Beckyface is actually quite horrifying.
That comic is like something out of a God-damned slasher flick.

>Joyce is a small-town girl at her first year of university
>she makes friends with some of the girls on the floor
>goes to her first party
>Rapin' Ryan tries to do his thing, but gets beat and thrown out
>predatorcam, following Ryan
>dash-and-scream.gif
>police say a student has gone missing, pass flyers around the dorm
>it's Rapin' Ryan
>thank God he's gone
>Joyce gets a crush on Joe
>he's not a gentlemen, Mike slaps him around
>Joe is trudging back to his dorm
>predatorcam
>who's there?
>bat comes down
>bloodsplashesonthewall.gof
>police investigate
>it's Sarah's bat. got her fingerprints and skin and hair from Rapin' Ryan
>it was her!
>Sarah's arrested, new opening in the open
>It's Becky!
>always smiling, always nice to Joyce
>always watching the other girls
>doesn't like how Walky makes fun of her
>predatorcam
>>
>>89338413
>twist ending, it's actually Dinah
>>
>>89338413
Heeeeere's Becky!
>>
>>89338515
>actually Dinah

No, she's the understudy.

>DoA 2: Predatory Instinct
>Joyce is living a new life in a new town, trying to forget what happened
>Mary's her roommate
>they don't talk about what happened
>drive to lay flowers on Becky's grave
>"she was a monster" "before that, she was my friend"
>predatorcam
>Dorothy's in town gathering support for her election, still blames Joyce for what happened to Walky
>public argument, Joyce is escorted away by security
>Dorothy is in her hotel, working on her speech
>someone's climbing the wall
>screamandbloodspray.gif
>police find something of Joyce's at the crime scene
>interrogation, not enough to hold her
>things start falling apart
>Mary's hit by a car and put in a coma
>Joyce loses her job
>missionary brother comes to see her, but she still has anger issues
>another public argument
>brother stalks off
>all alone
>predatorcam
>Joyce is all alone now
>door opens
>It's Dina
>clever girl
>"i'm going to take everything from you, the way you took everything from her"
>"you never noticed me, Joyce. No one does. and in all place I wasn't seen, I got to play."
>"don't run. I'm doing this for her. You're going to be together, just like she wanted."
>>89338574
>>
>>89338909
What if it turns out Sarah actually did kill Rapin' Ryan, but Becky murdered Joe and framed Sarah so she could move in, then Dina killed Walky and made Becky believe she did it so Becky would be obligated to stay with Dina lest Dina rat her out? In the end Sarah comes back and kills Dina to save Joyce.
>>
>>89335426
All the world's a stage, and they are only players.
>>
>>89297571
This guy is trying to become the new goblatula.
Newsflash guy, we already have a goblatula, and he doesn't go around other threads advertising his comic, he's ironically shitty all to himself.
>>
>>89337795
Maybe we're just supposed to be happy that we don't live their awful lives?
>>
File: Willis will never stop.jpg (6KB, 218x231px) Image search: [Google]
Willis will never stop.jpg
6KB, 218x231px
>>89332270
Oh man that's a fair while back. Let's see...

> After the dramatic car chase and capture of Becky's dad, Becky joins the cast as a recurring lesbian/meme.
> Mary & Carla get into a fight over rollerscates and Carla being a cunt, resulting in a trans slur that either starts Mary's fall to mustache twirling villain or a martyr for the bad writing/setup in the comic depending on your opinion or whether you knew Carla was trans at all.
> Ruth confronts Mary but is blackmailed into submission since Mary knows about her and Billie, who she quickly breaks up with before spiraling into depression that leads to Ruth breaking down and staying in bed for a couple of days. She is saved by Billie eventually and is currently in rehab, but it's up in the air if she'll be able to stay since she's lost her job and probably her scholarship.
> Joyce and Becky go for a trip to their home town, break into Becky's place for her personal info and we find out the tragic story of her mother in the form of a trigger warning. Joyce gets more and more angry about her old home, her brothers and her church. I skipped a bit of this arc so if any other anons can fill in the blanks that'd be appreciated.
> Upon returning to uni Joyce sets out on making life better, with the first port of call being to improve Sarah's mood by getting her boned by the Diglet made man himself, Jacob.
> Meanwhile Becky became infatuated with what was under Dina's hat. It was hair. Now she works at the Galasso's pizza because of blind luck.
> Amazi-girl breaks up with Danny over his concern for Ambers safety and the persona she puts on to compartmentalise all her anger and whether it's healthy at all for her. He has since talked to Ethan about it all, realised they want to bone each other but decide not to because they're wimps and don't want to hurt Ambers feelings.
>>
>>89343124
> Sal and Amazi-girl have a go at one another before teaming up when they find Joyce's attempted rapist at a local Republican rally. They get a quick photo of his face (because they previously didn't know who he was) before a fight ensues with the rapists comrades/goons. He manages to delete his photo and escape in the confusion, leaving our two girls hanging out a bit more.
> But in the latest news, Shortpacked couple Robin and Leslie look like they're getting together in this universe too after they meet up in a bar, chat for a while, and end up in the same bed. Scandal ensues as Robins younger sister Roz has published a compromising photo of the two as revenge, forcing them to bunker down in Leslie's house where they hold hands and watch childrens cartoons instead of reenacting their earlier Shortpacked Slipshine experience. Probably for the best unless it was done by Yoto.
> Otherwise Walky has done fuck all, Dorothy is gunning for Ruth's job along with Billie, Mike is still being a dick and Amber is starting to regret ditching Danny.

I think that pretty much sums the last few arcs since the Dino hunt. Hope that feeds your morbid curiosity anon.
>>
>>89343124
You forget that Billie is so mad about Ruth being in rehab that she's taking out her anger on others, including physically punching Mary in the jaw as well as letting the other girls in her dorm wing know of Mary's "crimes".
Also, in regards to the Danny/Ethan thing, Mike is somehow attempting to break them up before they're even a thing by attempting to seduce Ethan through a partnership in which Mike doxxes people that Ethan is arguing with on Transformers fan forums.
>>
>>89343124
> Amazi-girl breaks up with Danny over his concern for Ambers safety and the persona she puts on to compartmentalise all her anger and whether it's healthy at all for her. He has since talked to Ethan about it all, realised they want to bone each other but decide not to because they're wimps and don't want to hurt Ambers feelings.

For the life of me, I don't get why not fucking your ex's best friend is such a mortal sin.
>>
>>89343802
It does kind of suck to want to date someone but only not do it because you're afraid of her wrath. Amber is angry and violent, and that's the only reason why they won't do it.
>>
>>89344065
I kinda figured they just didn't want to date because it's kinda sorta not cool to date your best friend's ex.

One of my closest friends fucked my ex the day after we broke up. The fucking day after. Needless to say we don't speak anymore.
>>
>>89343624
I thought he was working towards getting close to Ethan so Danny would get jealous and actually make a move.

>>89343802
It strains their friendship and thus your relationship, especially if it was a really bad breakup or you hook up right after.
But hey some people get off on that too so it all depends on context.

>>89344065
Nah I think it's just that she has known mental issues that either of them don't want to exasperate by hooking up too soon. Especially since she was into both of them at one point in time. She needs help first and foremost.
>>
File: Mako12.jpg (3MB, 2338x1700px) Image search: [Google]
Mako12.jpg
3MB, 2338x1700px
>>89344065
Amber is the female George Costanza.
>>
>>89344167
>I thought he was working towards getting close to Ethan so Danny would get jealous and actually make a move.
That's the plan. Mike's only mistake so far is that Danny hasn't noticed shit.
>>
There is no fucking plan.

It's just a contrived way to get Danny to fuck Ethan, because Danny's so desperate for cock he can't help but fuck his ex's best friend. This way it's not Danny actively choosing to date Ethan, it's just that he couldn't control his raging boner.
Thread posts: 178
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.