[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's that time /co/. Get it off your chest.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 236
Thread images: 31

File: say it.jpg (19KB, 500x440px) Image search: [Google]
say it.jpg
19KB, 500x440px
>I think I may have a problem. Family Guy has become to painfully unfunny to me that I actually get angry from just looking at it.

>SU has lost it's original charm for me. It's just "colorful lesbians crying". I wish the show would focus on Steven more

>While I agree Korra wasn't as good as ATLA, it's not nearly as bad as everyone says imo. My only real gripe with it was that the ending was forced (And that dumb korrasami ship)

>nuPPG is fine. Not better than the original, but not hitting TTG levels of shit. I like it.

>I'd like RegShow more if Mordecai wasn't such a fucking beta male. It just took me out of it, and I'm glad it's ending.

>I'm not that excited for Foster's Home's upcoming special. The show went downhill after the first few episodes (due mostly to Bloo)

>South Park is getting preachier and preachier every episode

>Obligatory "Pony Show is alright" comment

>SVTFOE is one of the best shows I've seen in a long time

>The Gravity Falls ending wasn't as bad as /co/ whines about it being.
>>
I often tell people I'm a Christian just when I want to take a position of moral authority but I'm actually an occultist by definition
>>
File: 1482173254427.png (104KB, 866x743px) Image search: [Google]
1482173254427.png
104KB, 866x743px
Penis!

PENIS!!!
>>
File: 1479347448811.png (202KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1479347448811.png
202KB, 1280x720px
TTGO at its WORST is still way better than NuPPG at its best.
>>
SIX CORN CAKES
I ATE SIX CORN CAKES
>>
I... I...
I enjoyed Avengers Age of Ultron
>>
There is a huge division between the two actual topics of the board. I just want to discuss comics and cartoons, but every other thread turns into a war with one side bitching that the other is cancer.
I blame /tv/ for this shit.
>>
File: 1434527958111.jpg (42KB, 572x539px) Image search: [Google]
1434527958111.jpg
42KB, 572x539px
i think i`m starting to like Mighy Magiswords, and its not because of waifu...
>>
File: the batfleck is displeased.jpg (70KB, 569x623px) Image search: [Google]
the batfleck is displeased.jpg
70KB, 569x623px
>Big Hero 6 is my favorite movie
>The only cartoons I've watched since KOTH ended are Miraculous Ladybug and Voltron Legendary Defender
>I think BvS is a fantastic movie and unironically can't wait to watch JL
>Not really /co/ related, but I'm cautiously optimistic about the Power Rangers movie. It looks ridiculous enough to work and the Pink Ranger is a 10/10
>The only Marvel comic I follow is Ms. Marvel, which I've stopped reading because of the crossover events
I write shipping fanfiction based on Voltron Legendary Defender, Miraculous Ladybug, Big Hero 6, the Teen Titans cartoon, and the Flash show
>Family Guy made for decent background noise before all the grotesque/protracted violence/sex became the order of the day.
>>
>>89283270
Yeah I have my TV on in the background sometimes and I've grown to like the kinda fast paced banter between characters. Although there's not much more I like about the show OTHER than that.
>>
/co/ has became to pessimist about everything.
>>
>>89284692
4chan has always been incredibly pessimistic, half the people here would kill themselves if they had the chance or the courage.

anyway, i think the iron man hate on this board is way too prevalent, like i know he's not the best hero, but come on, tony has had great runs and two good films, i don't understand why you gotta hate on my nigga so much
>>
>>89284943
I have never seen hate toward comic Stark, only RDJ Stark.
>>
>>89283282

Thats not a confession, it is a good movie, /co/ is just so rabid to hate it
>>
>>89284943
>>89284692
nah, I've been here like, 8 years now and /co/ used to be a lot more optimistic and willing to actually talk about stuff. Of course there were always assholes, but it was never as prevalent as it is now.
>>
>>89284979
really? i can't escape it. I've always seen so much shade thrown at Tony for no reason, like it's insane. Like all i get as responses are "he only had one good arc" and "no one actually like iron man comics".
>>
>>89284993
>>89283282
It's not just /co/. I don't know a single person in real life who doesn't think it's the worst thing ever. At this point I think it's kinda just cool to hate. Not that it's not flawed or anything but people blow it way out of proportion (I have several friends who said it made them physically ill)
>>
>>89285123
>the BvS is good meme
why won't you stop this denial and just admit it was a shit movie
cause taking out all that philosophical bullshit, take away all your knowledge about comics and heroes in general, and you'll see it's rtill shit. thats why both normies and comicfags hate it senpai, it's that bad
>>
Star Vs is an incredibly ugly show.
>>
>It's just "colorful lesbians crying"

Was it ever anything else?
>>
star vs the forces of evil is fucking horrible
>>
>>89285413
>>89285476
star vs is fucking shit but still the best cartoon on, how fucking sad
>>
>>89285165
BvS being bad is more of a meme. I'm not even saying it's great. If I had to score it It'd be like...a 6/10 movie. But it's not pure rectal cancer like everyone makes it out to be. There's actually quite a few scenes I really liked.
>>
>>89285517
I think i see what
>>89285018
is talking about, how can you possibly think that, do you really feel that way about things?
>>
>>89282844
Are you me? I agree with everything, except I never watched Gravity Falls or Regular Show, and I won't ever give bronies the satisfaction of giving faint praise to their life's purpose.

I can't stand South Park because all it does it preach while criticizing everyone else for being too preachy. I don't like when shows try to make my opinions for me, but I really can't stand blatant hypocrisy like that.

Also, Bloo is one of the worst characters ever.
>>
Lisa Goes Gaga is a decent Simpsons episode. Retarded elitists who hate celebrities and rock music fans who hate pop music made too much noise.
>>
File: yJGnbiE.png (747KB, 1025x768px) Image search: [Google]
yJGnbiE.png
747KB, 1025x768px
>>89285413
Ugly? You gotta be kidding me
>>
>>89285719
In order

Give Gravity Falls a try, it's a purty neat show.

Regular show is just a show about some beta male and his autistic friend fucking up so hard it tears the fabric of reality.

MLP is fine. It's alright. A nice colorful show that, while marketing mainly towards girls, has some of the humor of the people working on it (lauren faust, tera strong, etc) That's pretty much all I can say about it.

As for South Park, it wasn't like that to begin with. Criticism humor is great and all but somewhere along the way, they got too into being pessimistic and faulting everyone but themselves. It went from "4 kids finding themselves in adult situations no kid should ever be in" to "4 hipsters say 'fuck' a lot"

Also, Cartman gets on my nerves, which may be the point, so I'll let it slide.
>>
>>89283282
What is your BH6 OTP?
>>
>>89282844
SU never lost focus on Steven though. The newest episodes are practically all about Steven.

Did people really like it better as MOTW show?

>>89285455
This namefag gets it.
>>
i can't get into RWBY. I have tried but this isn't for me.
>>
>>89285123
thats weird, most of the people I know irl dont have any problems with it. In fact, the people I know who saw screenings before the reviews dropped like it more than those who saw it after reviews.
>>
>>89285165
But it is good, you fell for the meme
>>
YOUR MOTHER WAS A HAMSTER AND YOUR FATHER SMELLED OF ELDER BERRIES
>>
>>89282844
the infamous Pony show was good for like the first 3 or 4 seasons, It kinda got boring to watch after that. The show is pretty harmless, but I just don't like it all that much anymore.

I think Avatar and Korra are overrated. they're just okay imo.
>>
>>89286644
The newest episodes have gotten back on track (except for that bizarre "Garden of Eden" episode)

But my problem is that it fell into the Adventure Time trap of

>Deep L0re
>crazy zany slice of life bullshit
>more of the aforementioned
>Deep L0re

Couple all that with the fan pandering and you're left with a show that kind of collapsed in on itself. It went from "look how fun this show is" or "look how funny and well written this show is" to "look how diverse and inclusive this show is" and I don't think that's a good direction for the show because it's started to lose focus.

It really comes to life when it's about the overarching plot or about Steven, but then we get some random townie episode that's not relevant at all and it just kills it for me.

It's like if Questionable Content became a show.
>>
>>89286879
Steven Universe doesn't have it as bad as Adventure Time though, I remember when there was only ONE OR TWO fucking episodes per season following up on an actually interesting plotline.
I got so tired of waiting on AT for answers that I don't really care if they answer them at this point.

I still find SU interesting
>>
>>89286931
I agree SU is still interesting for the most part. I'm just getting tired of the interuptions.

AT has lost me fucking completely, years ago.
>>
>>89286820
That's how I feel. MLP is ultimately harmless. The problem is that dumb "lel ponies are bad maymay" got out of hand for a while

That, plus some idiots decided to let the shit fandom speak for the source material, as if fandoms haven't ALWAYS been shit.
>>
File: 1222223.jpg (15KB, 221x246px) Image search: [Google]
1222223.jpg
15KB, 221x246px
>the board is really filled with /pol/tards who spam the same shit and it's fucking obvious who they are. However there are also Tumblr users but I believe they are fewer
>Marvel right now is enjoyable just for how much of a clusterfuck their titles are and the shitstorm they create everytime they get posted.
>GwenPool has potential but right now is using like 1/3 of it
>I think I might be not so open minded to new ideas as I though
>>
>>89282844
Why are you watching Family Guy if you don't enjoy it?

Korra has a problem of repeatedly asking complex questions and defaulting to shallow answers, producing rather stupid plots because it can't keep morally grey.

Gravity Falls finale was a major letdown in both entertainment and thematic department. It did not ruin the show, but it also failed to redeem, and in fact reenforced its worst flaws.
>>
I really want Infinity Train to take off, and I wish there was a place I could shill for it in meaningful fashion.

Although the show might also turn bad very quick, if writers aren't careful.
>>
>I like Teen Titans Go. I think it is really funny.

>Steven Universe is just really boring desu

>South Park season 20 was not great but I liked the troll plot a lot

>Samurai Jack is not as good as everyone says it is

>Uncle Grandpa was ok
>>
>>89286879
Credit where credit is due; at least Sugar put hints about deep lore early in the show's run.

AT is basically making shit up as it goes. Not that that's a bad thing particularly; you just need really good writing to pull it off.
>>
>>89287389
Infinity Train would work best as miniseries; that way, worries like it turning bad real quick won't be a problem.

And let's face it, the mystery can only be plotted for so long until it becomes tiring.
>>
>>89287353
I don't watch Family Guy. But whenever I'm browsing some place and a clip shows up, or a still from the show, I just feel irritated and have to look at something else.
>>
>>89286879
>>89286979
SU never really lost it's way exactly; starting from season 2 or 3 they decide to put townie episodes first and then move on to bigger plot related things. CN can't into scheduling so the townie episodes are extra agonizing thanks to hiatus.

The amount of time spent on Steven and the plot outweighs the townie episodes anyways.
>>
>>89287523
The problem I have with Infinity Train is that Tulip is positioned as a selfish person who doesn't really want to help corgis but can't refuse them.

If her character stagnate, she might grow sour even in miniseries. If her character change, it might produce less interesting results.
>>
File: 1361085000250.jpg (23KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1361085000250.jpg
23KB, 320x287px
>90% of the thread is about cartoons

All I want is a board split. Hundreds of new comics come out every week, there's more than enough to discuss and keep the board active. The two mediums have crossovers but what mediums don't?

There's also a clear divide between cartoonfags and comicfags on this board. Again, I'm sure there's loads who consume both, but there's enough on both sides to warrant a split. Comics discussion that isn't /pol/ agitated shit or movie related gets drowned out by the constant generals and hyperactivity of cartoon fandoms
>>
>>89287722
we don't have the time to read
>>
I actually like teen titans go
>>
>>89287763
same
>>
I hate how many characters are forgotten and when a writter needs some chracter to do something specific they create a new one instead of reusing the one already existing.
How many C D and Z characters would be good villain now or would work very well on a team but aren't used?
>We need a villain for a Superman story
>Lets go with Luthor or Brainiacfor the millionth time instead of using some other character that can be a menace too like Manchester Black or Parasyte or Metallo.
I hate this.
>>
I believe comics are the worst way to convey a story.
>>
>>89287815
Then what the fuck are you doing on /co/ you tvfag?
>>
>>89287829
I'm here for cartoons.
>>
>>89287842
Split the board now.
>>
>>89287783
This is why I find Ultimate Sleepwalker such an entertaining read.
>>
>>89287722
>All I want is a board split. Hundreds of new comics come out every week, there's more than enough to discuss and keep the board active.

Sure, enough comics come out, but not enough people to read them.

A comics only board on this site would be deader than shit

>Comics discussion that isn't /pol/ agitated shit or movie related gets drowned out by the constant generals and hyperactivity of cartoon fandoms

You're wrong pal, as someone who's both into comics and cartoons, you're wrong...you make believe "comic threads get pushed out by other threads" but the truth is, comics just aren't as popular as you for some reason think....and honestly, you probably don't read every single comic that gets discussed either, tons of comic threads probably pass you by as well because you simply aren't into the particular comic

Fact is, threads that go to page ten do because of lack of interest, splitting the board would not generate more interest by any kind of logic
>>
>>89287722
>>89287911
Would webcomics be allowed on the hypothetical comics only board?
>>
>>89287783
>Elite ongoing never
Fuck this.
>>
>I really want to get into Gravity Falls or Steven Universe but every time I see something about them on /co/ I start to think less of less of the idea.
>I think TTG is very awful but I wouldn't say I hate it, and I even watch it sometimes if its on (and it's on)
>Same with Family Guy. Guess I hate myself. I do enjoy American Dad though, but I don't think that's too out there.
>I know South Park's still on its everlasting downward slide but I can't stop being in love with the show and am excited for the new game and to see the move back away from serialization.
>Bob's Burgers is one of the most consistent shows in its quality.
>Adventure Time deserves to die. Regular Show did not.
>>
File: 1416951059057.jpg (256KB, 1000x1476px) Image search: [Google]
1416951059057.jpg
256KB, 1000x1476px
I'm a huge fan of female characters put int he main character role who actually get to fight and kick ass.

A lot of people assume it has to do with equal rights or something but really I just have a thing for femdom and ass kicking falls under that umbrella.
Impulsive brawler girls with abs are hot.
>>
>>89288052
Why don't you start watching now? Quit procrastinating and try out the shows you want to try out.
>>
File: skub.GIF.gif (7KB, 181x251px) Image search: [Google]
skub.GIF.gif
7KB, 181x251px
I act like I'm anti skub around my friends, but I'm actually pro skub.
>>
>>89285165
>taking out all that philosophical bullshit, take away all your knowledge about comics and heroes in general

I never understood why people think this way, why should any part of a piece of art be taken away? Thats like saying "take away all the action from Die Hard and you'll see its shit!"
>>
>>89285682
people find more validation in being part of the right "thought" than expressing their own
>>
Please tell me why. Not trying to be an ass. I truly want to know because I'm basically avoiding the movie out of fear of it being terrible due to all the bad reviews.
>>
>The only problem with Robin is it's terrible terrible fanbase that I am apart of if only because the most outspoken ones are a character fag autists.
>>
Tumblr isn't the anti-thesis to 4chan and all of the people that participate in this internet war need to find something better to do with their time.
>>
>>89282844
>I'm not that excited for Foster's Home's upcoming special. The show went downhill after the first few episodes (due mostly to Bloo)

Wait, what ?
Sauce ?
>>
I would want nothing more for comicbook universes to have a start and an end and then the writers move on to another universe. The constant baiting and retcons make me annoyed.

Adventure Time should have tried more on adding plot points. I don't like having something happening and it pushed to side.

I loathe 3d cartoons because everything tends to look like there's only 20 people living in a city due to the budget. It barely works at all in various settings. Green Lantern worked due to it being fucking space.
>>
>>89288314
antithesis isn't a hyphenated word
>>
>>89285753
I only saw once during the first every Simpsons marathon (when it first moved to FXX) & hated it because it just seemed like they were bending over backwards to talk about how great Lady Gaga is. The Lisa part is by no means as bad as they say and is probably fueled by Lisa hate more than the actual epsode but the Gaga train and the obsessed Springfield citizens seemed a bit much. They were excited about Micheal Jackson and other celebrities because they were celebrities but with Lady Gaga it felt like they all loved her for no reason. Personally I don't hate her, she is never even on my radar, the whole episode just felt like a stinker.
>>
>>89288052
>>I really want to get into Gravity Falls or Steven Universe but every time I see something about them on /co/ I start to think less of less of the idea.

Just watch the shows man, they air on tv every week for hours at a time....don't think of it as some undertaking, just turn on CN or Disney XD and just watch for a bit and see if you like it

The worst thing you can do, and worst thing about this media consuming generation, is that they get their opinions second or third hand...nobody cares to form an opinion but just parrots those of others, who are possibly parroting themselves...which brings me to this post

>>89288252
BvS is an entertaining movie, it's easy to pick apart yes, but it's still entertaining, which at the end of the day is all it needs to be

Marvel movies are also easy as shit to pick apart but they have a defense force because popular opinion is that they are "good", and so if you disagree with the status quo even if you make a good argument you'll be shot down
>>
>>89288252
Not that guy, but I'm also legitimately hyped for the JL movie. From what I've seen so far, they took the criticism to heart and they genuinely want to improve, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Plus, I've wanted a JL movie since I was a kid.

As for BvS...eh, I still think F4ntastic was worse.
>>
File: CJaFt2SUsAAqIv_.0.jpg (63KB, 599x877px) Image search: [Google]
CJaFt2SUsAAqIv_.0.jpg
63KB, 599x877px
As you are all aware, last year The Iron Giant Signature Edition was released and put on the shelves in your favorite stores. The Iron Giant Signature Edition contains the classic film digitally up scaled for blur ray viewing as well as adding formerly deleted scenes into the film. one such scene is the giant's dream. While sleeping in Dean's junkyard,the giant has a dream that is broadcast locally to dean's television set. the contents of the dream show us, the viewer, the purpose of the giant, and an explanation of his vast array of weaponry. however, I believe that this addition actually subtracts from my enjoyment. the scenes removes a large amount of mystery from the Giant and makes him less compelling all around. i would say if you are a true fan of the Iron Giant, continue to watch your original non-edited version.
>>
I'd want a comic/show that's litterally just about every robin forming a team together.
>>
Adventure Time is the greatest cartoon CN has ever made.
>>
>>89288507
>so if you disagree with the status quo even if you make a good argument you'll be shot down
I agreed with you up until here. This kind of ignores the more legitimate criticism of BvS while also ignoring the Marvel movies that have been picked apart.
>>
>>89288551
That's literally the premise of We Are Robin.
>>
>>89287038
>>the board is really filled with /pol/tards who spam the same shit and it's fucking obvious who they are. However there are also Tumblr users but I believe they are fewer
I hate how the trolling becomes more obvious by the day. Before it was people just falling for it but now you just have threads shitting on something for like 30 posts and if someone tries to call them on their shit the thread just gets worse. Now you can talk about even less things that before because you just know as soon as certain things are mentioned people will swarm in bringing up race or politics when it has jack shit to do with anything.
>>
>>89288564
Please explain
>>
>>89287783
Which do you think is worse; C listers wallowing in comic limbo forever or C listers being brought back only to be killed off by the new bad guy?
>>
>>89288601

This. What's worse is that we can have at least a dozen threads ABOUT THE SAME SHIT and mods won't do anything.

No matter how relevant it is to the board, we don't need a third of the catalog being "X character is being played by a blaaaack actor"
>>
"honorary /co/" anime is a retarded concept and I wish we didn't have toonami threads either. Specially because the people who insist on the concept are just weebs that get off on thinking that they are better than /a/, when the truth is that they just like a small pool of things that /a/ (and half of any relevant anime board) has discussed to death so they don't see the point in bringing it up unless there's an update or something.
>>
>>89282844

I've been toggling images on and off of 4chan for awhile now. Easier to find quality threads that way.

>>89282980

>I often tell people I'm a Christian just when I want to take a position of moral authority but I'm actually an occultist by definition

What kind of an occultist?
>>
File: mqa28kbcyf1st3k82o9_1280.jpg (260KB, 816x960px) Image search: [Google]
mqa28kbcyf1st3k82o9_1280.jpg
260KB, 816x960px
>>89287783
>they made wally black and completely forgot about Danica Williams
this depresses me

But the good thing is that if it's a C,D, and Z lister, the people that write them will often know what they're actually doing and won't use them in dumb shit.
>>
>>89288634
As someone who was never the biggest AT fan, I can see why someone would call it the greatest.
>It helped CN out of it's slump after being rejected by Nick twice.
>It helped launch the careers of several other profilic animators.
>For better or for worse, AT was a trendsetter in cartoon art styles. There are followers but AT will always be the first.
>In terms of success and impact, only PPG has achieved these heights.
At least, in my view of things.
>>
>>89288774
In my last point, I want to clarify that I'm talking strictly about CN shows. Naturally other cartoons have achieved these heights.
>>
>>89286879
>Deep L0re
>crazy zany slice of life bullshit
>more of the aforementioned
These has been part of the show since early season 1.
>>
capeshit is real boring and I don't know why people continue to read it.
>>
>>89288634
What's there to explain? It's mostly subjective of course. Obviously Adventure Time is not perfect, and you could tell me a bunch of flaws with the show, and I'd probably agree with a lot of them. There's something about the show that I just love. The world, the characters, the writing - when it gets all those elements right, there's no current cartoon that surpasses it.
>>
>>89287722
>Having to open two tabs every time I go on 4chan

No thanks
>>
>Steven Universe is the first cartoon in a long time that I have enjoyed enough to watch every new episode
>>
>>89282844
Agents of SHIELD is canon whether you like it or not.

Bendis isn't so much of a bad writer, he's just extremely lazy.

Black Adam is my favourite comic book character.

DCEU "discussion" is generally cancerous and autistic. This is coming from someone who enjoyed MoS.

Comics are the most underrated form of media in my opinion. I believe the reason it doesn't get much respect is due to the over-saturation of superhero comics, despite the fact I like them.

ONE is probably the most inspirational comic creator today.

Company wars: I literally do not understand why people argue about what company is better. It doesn't change anyone's opinion on either side, and it isn't important.

Not /co/, but I think I'm the only anon who likes Person of Interest.

Stop motion is my favourite form of animation.

Alex Ross has wonderful art, but he can't work with motion.

The Fleischer Superman serials have the best cinematic version of Superman.

I will never watch Steven Universe.

The Amazing World of Gumball is the funniest show on CN.

Johns' JSA is DC's pinnacle, in my humble opinion.

I deliberately say manga and comics are the same thing in /a/ vs /co/ threads, simply because it's the truth.

The Lego Batman Movie is the only /co/ movie I'm looking forward to this year. Well, we'll throw in the Lego Ninjago Movie too.

Tom King's The Vision is the best comic of the decade, so far.
>>
>2015 Thunderbirds is the best cartoon airing right now and it's damned criminal it doesn't get attention here
>>
>>89289184
>I will never watch Steven Universe.
Even if someone would pay you?
>>
>>89286879
>"look how diverse and inclusive this show is"
People have been saying this since the show started. I don't see how that's a pro or a con.

Also, what fan pandering.
>>
I was a fan of original teen titans and still like teen titans go
The meta episodes where they make jokes about the original are my favourites
>>
File: themaxx.gif (479KB, 450x400px) Image search: [Google]
themaxx.gif
479KB, 450x400px
Star vs. The Forces of Evil is an incredibly boring show, and I have no idea why people here love it so much unless it's for the waifus.

The premise is about the most uninventive and "safe" thing I can imagine. Regular magical girl "sailor-moon" type cartoon set in an American highschool, using the recent Gravity Falls/Rick & Morty fantasy kitchen sink formula where anything can happen. The protagonist is your standard Manic Pixie Dream Girl who drags along a reluctant straightman supporting interlocutor/love interest who's nonwhite enough to appease Tumblr and familiar enough to not frighten /pol/. The humor style is mostly "rand-dumb": the kind of thing that business executives would think is popular after hearing 12-year-old girls gossip on the internet. Jokes where the punchline is just the fact that Star's excited, and cringy misused slang a real child wouldn't be caught dead repeating. They're talking rainbows, they're talking puppies. The pacing is terrible: every episode is a long string of things happening that have no relation to one another: it fails the "and then" test with flying colors. Any character conflicts not meant to be dragged out between episodes are resolved almost instantaneously. Seriously every time Star and Marco have a slight disagreement, they turn away looking sad and then a moment later everything's fine.

The only nice thing I have to say about it is that it's well-animated, probably the best instance of the pure limited-animation cal-arts style I've seen. Other than that, there's nothing to recommend it. I've put enough time and effort trying to enjoy it to conclude it's garbage and that the lot of you are morons for enjoying it.

It's a safe, bland, feel-good, nonthreatening, highschool love story with just a little bit of low stress romantic tension and magic escapism. It is, in other words, the same as any other live-action Disney channel highschool series.
>>
Steven Universe never deserved the huge amount of attention it got either good or bad. But the dedication to hating it is stranger to me than the dedication to loving it, especially when it's just about opposing """them""". That's a stupid reason to hate anything.
>>
>>89289356
I don't know,man.

It just doesn't seem like my type of show, and considering how divisive it is, I might never watch it.
>>
>>89289943

>It just doesn't seem like my type of show, and considering how divisive it is, I might never watch it.

Venture brothers?
>>
I can't even bring myself to watch cartoons and read comicbooks anymore. I've just been joining in on threads for cartoons/comics that I vaguely remember.

I dunno maybe I'm just in a rut, because I really wish I could start watching cartoons and reading comics again.
>>
>>89291110
>I dunno maybe I'm just in a rut
What's happening, anon?

Wanna talk about it?
>>
>>89282844
>all this good taste
I think I'm in love
>>
>>89291273
>What's happening, anon?
>Wanna talk about it?

That's very kind of you Anon. I'm just stuck, not moving forward and I don't know how to get myself to try and do what I used to love- what I want to love.

I guess I hate myself, and I'm afraid to move forward.
>>
>>89288641
The second because to do that, the character must become incompetent.
>>
>>89286268
Regular Show and Gravity Falls are the best cartoons of the decade.
>>
>watched SU ironically, thankfully i stopped
>i still believe only the first 2 seasons of fim are canon and everything else after them is just extra content not meant to be released
>still enjoy simpsons
>most of the time i dont read comics and just storytime them and see the images and make my own plot
>want marvel to stop pushing fake diversity but i also want carolXjess and spidergwenXmj to be canon
>kaine > ben > miguel > peter = miles
>korra was good korrasami wasnt that much of an asspull
>2bh i dont hate ttg and nu-ppg
i love my childhood neighborhood(she still lives near me) but i cant tell her since i know im a piece of trash that will only make her suffer and waste her time, also there is a chance she isnt gay
>>
>>89291830
Well, if you feel like you're losing the will to do what you used to, then take it step by step, it's best to do it gradually. Take up some new things in order to get into a familiar rhythm.

Moving forward is honestly something that everyone doesn't like whether they admit it or not. It's best to dip your toes than cannonball.

You can do it, anon.
>>
>>89292386

Thanks Anon.
I'll try.
>>
>>89287523
I'd take another otgw-style miniseries
>>
File: 1450515496627.jpg (232KB, 887x900px) Image search: [Google]
1450515496627.jpg
232KB, 887x900px
I really, really miss Adventure Time.

I just want finn to be happy.

I want to see a happy ending before I die.
>>
>>89292280
You aren't a girl anon, stop pretending.
>>
>>89292674
k
>>
I wish /co/ talked about cartoons that aren't Disney or "muh comfy slice of life"
>but there isnt anything else
Correction, there isn't anything else like that in America, and I'm not talking about anime either
>>
>>89292280
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>89288314
Heretic. Tumblr is confirmed internet cancer and has ruined everything that I love.

The idea that Tumblr users post on here and have turned this board into /co/mblr sickens me.
>>
watching batman and reading shitty comics is the only thing stopping me from killing myself
>>
>>89292844

T X
X

>>89292753
what about wakfu, rwby and ladybug?
also there is "el chavo animado" and other mexican cartoons but no one cares about them
>>
The Loud House is the only good cartoon out right now.
>>
TTG isn't that bad.
My only actually gripe with it is that there's too much LOLSORANDUM humor. But I find a good chunk of the humor that actually has context to be pretty funny.

Also, art style/animation doesn't really matter much to me. They'd have to be painfully atrocious in order for me to dislike a show because of it.
>>
Nothing matters more to me in an animation than whether it's visually appealing
It could have the greatest story ever told or the funniest comedians on earth but if it looks ugly I can't bring myself to care about it
>>
File: mr-20poe.jpg (106KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
mr-20poe.jpg
106KB, 612x380px
I think I'm going to have to murder this man.
>>
>>89292280
get some taste
>>
>>89282844
I don't get why Steven Universe keeps a slice of life aspect to their show. The recent Stevenbomb and the townie episodes prove they're much better off just world building and focusing more on the Gems and Homeworld. I'm not sure if the writers are just trying to show the divide between the main character's human and gem side but they do a really awful job at making the humans interesting.
>>
>>89286774
PBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBT
>>
I think RWBY is horrendously bad and really wish it had died instead of Monty Oum.

Even though I honestly don't like a single thing the guy did. Even the dying. That was a kind of shitty death all things concerned.
>>
>rebooting legacy franchises with eye-rape CGI (the fuck did you guys do to Peanuts!?)
>cartoons being too scared to show naked lolis
>shows that drag on way past when they should have been stopped (I won't mention these cartoons, you all know which ones they are)
>Stan Lee memes
>being butthurt at Republicans and shilling Tumblr propaganda while at the same time having a show full of gruesome violence, misogyny, and gay baiting
>writers trying to make the art movie they never got to do in college (cf. Zombie Simpsons)
>>
>>89288135
You're my kinda guy
>>
I prefer post-reboot Archie Sonic to pre-reboot Archie Sonic, even taking into account the problems the reboot has.

Season 1 of Young Justice was mostly decent but the last 3 episodes were bad. Still haven't touched season 2

The only cartoon I can really get into nowadays is Rick and Morty

Pre-movie Spongebob is one of the best shows Nick has ever had

Miller Batman is the only Batman I can get invested in

Pre-cancellation Family guy was legitimately funny

Ken Penders is legitimately one of the worst writers in comic book history

The current Captain Marvel book is alright

Al Ewing is the best writer at Marvel right now
>>
>>89288868
blasphemy
it's shunnin' time
>>
>>89293898
Murder means kill, anon.
>>
File: gyro compare ripoff.png (557KB, 1162x997px) Image search: [Google]
gyro compare ripoff.png
557KB, 1162x997px
Just gonna leave this here
>>
I hate Batman. I feel like I shouldn't but I do anyway. His sidekicks are miles ahead of him.

On that note, cool aesthetic or not, I fucking DESPISE the fucking Joker

The only reason they shouldn't let Max Landis write a Superman ongoing story is because he can't go two issues without referencing other superheroes namely Batman but other than that he's kinda great imo, aside from his retard hair

I hate that I can't go a single day without hearing at least one political buzzword like "SJW" and "fashy" or "libtard" or "cuck" or "bigot" or something.

I wish Marvel wasn't as rotten as it is now

I wish everyone didn't try to make Superman have some weird longing for Krypton; I was born in Eastern Europe but I moved to the States when I was a baby, and I still feel way more connection here than I do there. If anything, whenever I visit my place of birth, I feel like a stranger more than anything.

I want to love Superman but I wish he weren't always portrayed in such extremes. He's either completely unstoppable or a total pushover. Sucks.

I REALLY wish I could like Marvel again.
>>
>>89294535
Honestly, I think SoL episodes are the only things keeping SU from getting cancelled.
Without the SoL what's left for kids to watch on SU? Lore?
>>
>>89294708
>whining about "cartoons being too scared to show naked lolis"
>>
>>89289943
>>89289943
>doesn't seem like my type of show
That's reasonable.
>considering how divisive it is
That's retarded. Everything is divisive in some way or another, especially on 4chan. Trust yourself, don't rely on others for an opinion.
>>
File: Shut Up.png (49KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
Shut Up.png
49KB, 220x220px
>>89295223
I KNOW!
>>
File: 1480598736368.png (31KB, 218x178px) Image search: [Google]
1480598736368.png
31KB, 218x178px
>>89295312
That's... no.
>>
>>89295312
That doesn't look a thing like Gyro.
If Prohyas wore a cowboy hat with Kanye shades, maybe there'd be a resemblance.
>>
>>89295705
Well the older designs for him wore a cowboy hat.
>>
>>89289882
When does a product deserve the amount of attention it gets?
I say this across the board.
>>
>>89286879
>The newest episodes have gotten back on track (except for that bizarre "Garden of Eden" episode)
You mean the Zoo? What was wrong with it?
>>
>>89295754
That was a wizard's hat.
>>
m night shymalan is literally the last hope for superhero stories
>>
I cannot get into SU or Avatar to save my life. No issues with the shows, just a bad habit of watching the worst episodes first and repeatedly when on TV.
This especially hurts as I have friends who love both of those series, but not ones I do like.
>>
>>89295705
You can't really deny there was at least an influence

look at that square stubble.
>>
>>89296023
Even taking the facial hair into account, Prohyas has it in a reasonable style. Gyro is straight up anime style.
>>
>>89296164
>Different style, so it's not a ripoff

ok
>>
>>89296177
>They have one thing in common, therefore it's a ripoff.
Do you think Bugs Bunny ripped off Mickey Mouse? They both wear gloves.
>>
>>89295968
Have you tried streaming?
>>
>>89296199
No, but they have a lot in similarity.

Besides, the other main character is a ripoff of Lina from Slayers. It's not out of the question that the designer ripped off other characters too.
>>
>>89296297
I can concede they Slayers might have been a big inspiration on the main characters.

But the similarities between Gyro and Prohyas are superficial at best. Let it go.
>>
File: rqeggeghqagrqgaergea.png (357KB, 605x508px) Image search: [Google]
rqeggeghqagrqgaergea.png
357KB, 605x508px
>I really can't understand how anyone can like the Legend of Korra outside of the porn, the show was so fucking mediocre that it threw me off on the very fist episode.

>The last Capeshit movie i watched was the first avenger movie and i immediately stopped giving a shit about the marvel universe because i hate how continuity is made in MARVEL and DC.

>Steven Universe could have been fucking great, emphasis in could.

>I hope Voltron doesn't last long, not because it is bad but i don't want it to turn into shit later on down the road.

>I never cared for the regular show or uncle grampa and i don't even know what these cartoons are about.

>The superior spider-an and the superior foes of spider-man are probably the best comics i've ever read, at least from marvel.

>I find the DC universe to be really fucking boring, even more boring than marvel's universe. I loved watching the justice league cartoon when i was a kid but trying to get into the universe is a fucking chore with little payoff.

>I prefer comic in which the stories are kinda contained in a simple premise, shit like the punisher killing the mafia or Blacksad. I think it is much better when writers and artists make something great out of something simple than having huge ass intergalactic battles to save the universe for the 869742th time this week.

>The best episodes of Clarence are the ones his not the main focus of the episode. In fact he is probably one of the worst characters, maybe even the worst character in the show.

>Giant Days is pretty fucking good even though it comes from Boom Box.

>I wish Venture Bros episodes would come faster but i think these long gaps are what makes the show enjoyable

>I wish /pol/ would fuck off so i could enjoy making threads on this board without /pol/ baiting for the billionth time

>I also wish tumblr would fuck off and stop shitting 47 steven universe threads at a time and filling the fucking drawthread with trap marco and turning everything into a fetish.
>>
>>89296352
>I also wish tumblr would fuck off and stop shitting 47 steven universe threads at a time and filling the fucking drawthread with trap marco and turning everything into a fetish.
Anon, I hate to break it to you, but Tumblr isn't responsible for that.
>>
>>89296408
whoever they are, i want them to fuck off.
>>
>>89296352
>Steven Universe could have been fucking great, emphasis in could.
Haha get the reference?
Seriously, people never elaborate on that. Did SU do something wrong? Did it not go according to plan?
>>
>>89296437
Welcome to 4chan anon.
Where people spam threads like crazy and post traps up the wazoo.
Is today your first day? If so, would you like a manual?
>>
>>89296446
people have a bunch of different reasons to like or dislike anything, in fact people say why the don't like in steven universe quite often.
The show feels fucking boring to me where it fluctuates between serious stuff and some sort of slice of life kinda of show but it never gets there.
>>
File: rgrqgrqqqgqq.png (79KB, 199x320px) Image search: [Google]
rgrqgrqqqgqq.png
79KB, 199x320px
>>89296472
No, but this is a Get it off your chest thread, so that's what im doing, just because something is common around here it doesn't mean i don't want it gone. It will never happen though.
>>
>>89296661
People will state why they dislike SU it's just when they reference that episode, they just leave it at that.

I think might have gotten something of a flow going; release the townie episodes first then finish it off with plot and lore. It would probably work better if CN knew how to schedule.
>>
>>89296730
>People will state why they dislike SU it's just when they reference that episode

You mean like they just hate individual episodes instead and not whole series?

>release the townie episodes first then finish it off with plot and lore. It would probably work better if CN knew how to schedule.

I agree with this.
>>
>>89282844
I cried like a fucking baby after finishing regular show's finale. It was like a landslide of emotions I had unknowingly repressed. The show started when I myself started middle school. Me and my friends loved it, thought it was great and quoted it whenever we could. As time grew on, we kinda forgot about the show, and more drama shit started happening, literally around the time the relationshit stuff hit with Margaret/CJ. I got back into the show upon hearing about the finale. In the last two minutes or so, I couldn't keep a stiff upper lip. It was a sudden realization that all that time I spent with my friends, who I grew up with almost my entire life, had ended sometime ago and they had all moved on. It made me realize that all the goofiness we had was gone and I couldn't stop crying like a bitch. The fucking David Bowie song sealed it for me. It took me 6 and a half years to realize that this is a show that grew up with me for such an important developmental part of my life and now it's over, it's finished. I do, however, keep in touch with my friends when I can, and I still hang out with whoever I possibly can. But a good chunk have already moved on with their lives and I wonder if they ever felt this same feeling that I'm having right now.
Also, I'm worried that we are all, not just /co/, but everyone has gotten too complacent with what we have for animation. I don't think people really care if it moves or looks as good, we've just gotten used to it, and it blows our minds away whenever we see a cartoon exercise basic animation principles that they didn't have the fucking money to do before. I don't really voice this too often because I just sound like a nostalgiafag.
>>
>>89299930
oh what the fuck I forgot to fucking space this shit out
>>
The gravity falls ending was exactly as bad as co whines about it being.

Also, I like Steven Universe as much as I used to, but now it's because all of the crying and open emotion is cathartic to me.
>>
>>89289184
>DCEU "discussion" is generally cancerous and autistic. This is coming from someone who enjoyed MoS.
Agreed and I love the whole DCEU.
>Company wars: I literally do not understand why people argue about what company is better. It doesn't change anyone's opinion on either side, and it isn't important.
Agreed.
>Alex Ross has wonderful art
Agreed
>but he can't work with motion.
Faintly agree. I think it could be better but is not a big enough flaw that I would not buy the fuck out of anything he does interiors for.
>>
Clarence is a really good show that is funny for all ages and it's just about kids being kids.

Grim adventures of Billy and Mandy was the epitome of lol randumb humor but everyone seems to suck it's dick

Super heroes are inheritly bad characters and man babies obsession with the genre is holding back the medium in America drastically

Steven universe is a good show and while it has some weak points I enjoy both the townie episodes and the home world plot. I think like most shows that aren't just eposodic it will be much better to rewatch when its all said and done.

I don't care for the absurdist humor of athf at all and don't understand how it has run for so many seasons

I really hated both squid billies and super jail until I sat down and watched them.
>>
>>89299930
>in middles cool when it came out
Didn't this shit only start like 5 years ago
>>
File: Yawn.png (84KB, 318x346px) Image search: [Google]
Yawn.png
84KB, 318x346px
>>89282844
It's fine to like Bad comics/cartoons, but please don't try to shove your likes in someone else's face. And at least recognize that what you like is terrible, you still enjoy it.
>>
>>89296730
Steven is impossible to like. He has the weight of his entire species' fate on his shoulder, but it only shows up between idiotic lesbian rocks and plot contrivances.

I just want it to end plz
>>
Rebirth was a mistake.
>>
File: 1484603446149.jpg (106KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1484603446149.jpg
106KB, 640x480px
>>89282844
TTG Raven is shit and the original series Raven will always be better in my opinion.
>>
>>89282844
>>nuPPG is fine. Not better than the original, but not hitting TTG levels of shit. I like it.
you switched nuPPG and TTG, a simple mistake.

>I could never get into SU. bad character design, forced tumblr shit and bad attempts at mimicking weeb shit.

>I unironically enjoy TTG.

>I thought gravity falls was just ok

bloo might as well be cartman
>>
>>89282844
I hate Grant Morrisson for the simple reason that every time I've read some of the Batman stuff he's done, Knight and Squire are there for whatever reason.

I.Fucking. Despise. Knight. And. Squire.
>>
Only times I have fun is New Mutants threads that occasionally pop up I haven't even finished Chris Claremont's run though, and don't get love Bear gets despite reading his arc, aside from art nothing that stands out, Dani's character is not one I care about
>>
>>89282844
Alright then.... Here goes.

I love animation. and I live in Korea. I've been living in Korea for most of my life, and all I want to see are some goddamn Korean cartoons/anime. Goddamit.

My frustration begins here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:South_Korean_animation_studios

I'm fucking frustrated because I know a Korean animation industry exists, they just don't make animation for themselves, they always do work for someone else, never making their own productions, and that's what frustrates me.

There is fucking potential, but everytime nothing happens, I wait, and nothing fucking happens, how long will I have to wait? Or should I go and do it myself?

I mean, Studio Mir, are the guys who animated Avatar; I mean why don't they try making their own animations?

Also I know that lots of Koreans work in the industry, I see their names in the credits of every animated thing, for god's sake, I see their names listed for a ton of cartoons and anime that I watch but, why can't they create their own?

I don't know. I just feel conflicted. I know there's so much potential, but each and everyday I can feel it being wasted more and more.
>>
File: x7+Gourry.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
x7+Gourry.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
>>89295312
They remind me more of Gourry and Lina from Slayers.
>>
File: 1484854270448.jpg (309KB, 1400x1984px) Image search: [Google]
1484854270448.jpg
309KB, 1400x1984px
lack of quality OC that isn't merely cropped from cartoons/comics is killing this board.

/pol/ is a board of peace
>>
>>89282844
you all have autism!
>>
>>89282844

I miss A.T.H.F.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-07-16-47-31.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-07-16-47-31.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>89282844
Mighty magiswords is a fun show with lots of potential
>>
I haven't watched AT or RS in years, but I've spent all that time shitting on it under the assumption that all the recent seasons have been insufferably heavy with relationship drama.
Even when people said the final season of RS didn't have any of that shit I just accused them of lying.
>>
>>89282844
"Code Name Kids Next Door", "Power Puff Girls" were the "Teen Titans Go" of their times. Everyone forgets that because of nostalgia, but Cartoon Network used to marathon them into the absolute ground.
>>
>>89302563
Ain't you a little wanker, mate.
>>
>>89304083
It would be better if they slowed down tha pacing a bit
>>
I take part in big 2 discussions like I know things, but 90% of my knowledge comes from the movies.

The only current comic I follow is Moon Knight

I like quips. A lot. The only ones that didn't stick for me were in Doctor Strange

I've never given Teen Titans Go a fair chance, I just decided I hated it when I saw what it was. I have been trying to be less hostile on this board, which brings me to my last thought.

I think /co/ is way too negative about everything. I feel like I can't enjoy shows like SU without picking a side on some bullshit issues that don't matter to me at all. I'm sorry but i couldn't give less of a fuck if you think being transsexual is a mental illness or not.

>>89283282
>Not really /co/ related, but I'm cautiously optimistic about the Power Rangers movie. It looks ridiculous enough to work
same
>>
>>89305257
Not that anon, but I have ADHD and the pacing really works for me, but I can totally understand how it bothers other people. It'd jarring as fuck
>>
>>89282844

I watch codement.
>>
>>89295205
>Archie Sonic, Spongebob, Family Guy, Penders
All pretty common views on /co/.
>>
>>89285165
Well, there really isnt any philosophical introspection within the film. Just giving lipservice to something and then not exploring it doesn't actually add anything to the conflict.

Also its like someone dropped a nuke in the editing room.
>>
>>89302395
God fordbid Raven has a personality outside of being mopey, I guess.
>>
>>89303248
/co/ has shit-all in the way of good memes and overall culture, and I have no idea why. I can't help but wonder if it comes from the insular nature of cartoon fandoms, since the best running jokes and sense of community seem to come from our comic half.
>>
Breezy is one of the best season 6 episodes of AT.

I want to like Mighty Magiswords but the main joke just seems to be all the stupid magiswords themselves. It should rip off Slayers more.

Lore and drama make shit better. It would suck if every show was an episodic comedy.
>>
File: 4324324234.gif (86KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
4324324234.gif
86KB, 480x270px
>>89305679
>>
>>89305704
I feel like it comes partly to the fact that while comics fans can shout at each other over shit like DC or Marvel, or you know, everything else, there isn't the genuine hatred behind the "Tumblr" vs "/pol/" arguments that tend to go with cartoons. Not that those don't bleed into comic discussions as well, just less.
>>
>>89300852
nah dude it was like 7 years ago. I'm in my second year of college now.
>>
File: 1485003164559.gif (186KB, 788x1644px) Image search: [Google]
1485003164559.gif
186KB, 788x1644px
>>89305704

Your probably right.
>>
>>89305919

What are you studying?
>>
>>89303209
>There is fucking potential, but everytime nothing happens, I wait, and nothing fucking happens, how long will I have to wait? Or should I go and do it myself?

Sadly, this is probably the only answer. But it's also a good thing, because YOU have the chance to do something amazing for your country's animation industry, even if you only get Harry Partridge-levels of popularity.
>>
I've become so jaded that whenever I see a comic or cartoon spike in popularity, my first assumption is that the 'fans' only want to fuck one of the characters. My second assumption is that it must have a canon lesbian couple.

>>89305736
Lore is always good but I can go without the drama.
Since nearly every cartoon now is 11 minutes long, there's no way the writers can resolve the issue without a rushed/contrived solution, or ending it off with "To be continued" (which is jarring as hell in an 11 minute episode).
Also I will drop a series posthaste if they introduce a romantic subplot.

>>89304850
I don't remember PPG getting ran to the ground but I remember Number 1 of every Cartoon Top 5 was always an episode of Kids Next Door. I also remember them airing that episode about the pizza box a million times.

>>89303248
This entire website is dying because anyone who tries to make OC gets shooed off as trying to make an epic new meme, then we're stuck with literal autists forcing unfunny drivel like Biggie Cheese, Dr Pig, and Lazy Town.
>>
>>89305480
I figured the latter 3, but I always got the impression that the pre-reboot was far more popular and liked on 4chan in general
>>
I like the MCU.
>>
>>89300830
>Super heroes are inheritly bad characters and man babies obsession with the genre is holding back the medium in America drastically

I can't believe there are people who actually believe this. Writers fishing for movie deals and competing with technological pastimes are what's holding the medium back. It's not limited to superhero comics and they're not the cause of it.
>>
>>89304850
I remember Ed, Edd N Eddy being CNs favorite show to marathon.
>>
>>89306341
my major says general studies (full ride at a community college, money isn't really an issue), but i've been trying out different stuff in the arts area, I suppose. So far, I've studied Drawing 1, taking Drawing 2 along with an oil painting class. I'm taking another semester of voice lessons, harder than I thought it would be. I took a computer programming class last semester. I aced it but I'm definitely not studying that anymore.

I'm just learning what I want to right now, I suppose. I've got a job with my family, so I can support myself if I want to pursue other stuff. I'm opening an animation channel this year with a friend, we want to get as many animations as we can done so we have at least a little content.
>>
>>89300830
>Super heroes are inheritly bad characters and man babies obsession with the genre is holding back the medium in America drastically
This. They're wholly unrealistic and the fact they have a monopoly on the comic market makes it impossible for comics to ever be as good a medium as film. Unrealistic bullshit is cancer to fiction
>>
>>89300830
>I don't care for the absurdist humor of athf at all and don't understand how it has run for so many seasons

Athf found the perfect balance between absurd-ism and somewhat realistic reactions.
Its re watchable, and the characters are somewhat relate-able.

>I think like most shows that aren't just eposodic it will be much better to rewatch when its all said and done.

You have a point there. I still think the alien idea should have been nixed though. Homeworld could have just as easily been a fictional country on earth instead.

>Grim adventures of Billy and Mandy was the epitome of lol randumb humor but everyone seems to suck it's dick

Yeah maybe. I still like to watch an episode from time to time though. Invader Zim is probably worse thoughOr better?
>>
>>89310873
>this whole comment
So what is acceptable in fiction then? Realism?
>>
>>89311067
The alien idea was obvious from the get go.

And how would Homeworld being a fictional country be better?
>>
I don't understand how anyone can like Steven Universe.
I hate the eye cancer color scheme, the boring plots, the absolutely dull attempts at being emotional, the shitty characters and especially shitty villains.

Bojack Horseman is an overrated piece of shit that is neither good at drama nor humor.
>>
>>89311207
In that case, fiction would be dead period. We'd never have LoTR or GoT.
>>
>>89311127
>>89311285
Stop responding to shitty bait and report him. It's not the first thread he's shitting up with his bait.
Also
>GoT
>>
>>89311261
All subjective.
You may not like it, but people honestly like those elements.
>>
>>89311314
>thread made for subjective opinions
No shit, Sherlock.
>>
>>89282844
I'm dreading the next 4 years, partially because Trump is an unstable wild card, mostly because I'm pretty sure we're going to get a shit ton of uncreative, hamfisted anti-Trump/right wing messages shoved down our throats.
>>
>>89311367
Well he did "I don't understand..."
>>
>>89311601
Did you hear Hallelujah Money?
>>
>>89311601
Anti-Trump fags will also be insufferable.
Just to clarify, I'm not an American. I'm just tired of smug idiots derailing threads with "HURR TRUMP IS STUPID HURR" when the conversation has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>89311601
Look on the bright side; with everyone whining about Trump, the wild card himself will provide excellent entertainment.
>>
>>89311601
I don't see how Trump could be any worse than Bush Jr. to be honest.
>>
>>89311691
As a non American, how do you feel about Trump?
>>
>>89311664
It was okay,
Also... what the hell was with that Sponge Bob sample?
>>
>>89311719
Mostly indifferent. There's a slight sense of dread as there'd be with any other politician, though.
>>
>>89311763
I guess SpongeBob fears Trump too.
Or maybe they just wanted to meme.
>>
>>89311601

I've already sworn off Marvel because I know they're going to be insufferable about it. I have hope for DC after the last JLvSS issue where they busted into the white house. They didn't have Trump grovelling or mention him at all. I think that now he's actually won they're going to ignore him entirely
>>
>>89312086
They already started.
Trump exists as MODOK like villain in the Marvel Universe.
>>
I wish the Voltron threads weren't full of gay shippers.
>>
I cannot stand SU because it is so boring.
>>
>>89312266
>full of gay shippers.

like every thread about every cartoon ever, fandoms are shit because of this.
>>
>>89282844
I can't stand when people think you're trolling for having a different opinion on something. Or worse, when its over a shitty joke.
>>
>>89314033
On that note, I can't stand when people call you a "contrarian" every time you don't share their opinion.
>>
>>89312086

They DID do an allegory for him regarding the Gotham elections for a new Mayor. Penguin was the "Trump". Then again, the "Hillary" was just as bad, if not worse.

Still feels less like shoehorned real politics and more proof of why Gotham is a shithole, which is nice.
>>
File: froggle rock.jpg (145KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
froggle rock.jpg
145KB, 800x534px
I love DC characters a lot but I have absolutely 0 idea of where to actually start from because I'm obsessed with knowing every detail when I get into something
I'm not on this board for comics though so I'm not posting about them

I can't think of a single non-adult cartoon to recommend to anyone from the last 5 years.

American Dad deserves more credit despite being one of the MacFarlane cartoons Luckily, this isn't that uncommon of an opinion on /co/

>>89311261
This. Bojack Horseman gets old incredibly quick, although I think Arnett is a perfect voice. Can't believe how well-received it is.
Thread posts: 236
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.