[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I plan on updating again in 2017 Do you think it will happen?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1461909360014.jpg (246KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1461909360014.jpg
246KB, 450x450px
>I plan on updating again in 2017
Do you think it will happen?
>>
I'm expecting nothing, so I won't get disappointed.

I really hope it's true though, and that she'll be able to stick to a regular schedule again. Ava's Demon was one of my favorite webcomics and it fucking sucks that it pretty much died after the Kickstarter.
>>
>>89278678
She has drawn a bunch stuff on her live streams but it seems to be patreon stuff or something
>>
>>89278779
I thought it died because of tumblr's rabid fanbase.
>>
>>89278862
She's inefficient and over promised kickstarter rewards and has been wasting time working on them.
>>
>>89279382
Giving artists kickstarter money is a great way to kill a webcomic.
>>
File: tbc2.jpg (148KB, 825x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tbc2.jpg
148KB, 825x1200px
>>89278678
Still holding out hope for Outsider myself
>>
>>89278678
really hope so
>>
>>89279619
I'm hoping she just has poor sense of priorities not just blowing the money.
She should have split time so that updates could still come out. Slow updates and later ship dates for rewards is better than just one or other.
>>
>>89279382
This is sadly true.

If the KS rewards were simply drawings, cameos in the comic itself, or even something simple to produce, like bookmarks or acrylic charms; it'd be one thing.

But over the course of 2 campaigns, she promised

* A 3D printed key with a suede cord
* A 3D printed, gold-plated statue of Ava
* Buttons
* Cards
* Stickers
* Art requests
* 10+ posters drawn by other artists

And two huge books.

I think her heart was in the right place to start, but she fell into the trap of being overzealous about her original idea and making it into an internet popular franchise on par with Homestuck (which she was originally a fan of). She lost sight of being realistic with her goals and what she could fulfill, which ultimately harmed the production of the comic. Because she spent more time making the extra shit and having to deal with damaged books and cards.

The fact the comic was moving at a slow story pace to begin with didn't help, and the KS detour made it outright glacial.

I both feel sorry and don't feel sorry for her.

Ava's Demon, if nothing else, is a perfect example/warning sign of what _not_ to do if you're trying to fund production of your comic through Kickstarter or any crowd funding platform.
>>
>>89279720
Allegedly, she pocketed a large chunk of the KS money to pay off her debts and student loans. Which isn't wrong per se, but IIRC she never mentioned that in the campaigns themselves.

If it is true, then that's kind of shady on her part, especially if she didn't state where the money would go outside of funding a better website, producing the books, and a couple outsourced animations.
>>
We need Ashley to give her lessons in time management.
>>
File: i don't like corm.jpg (60KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
i don't like corm.jpg
60KB, 640x480px
>donated to KS because I love the comic
>comic is kill because of KS

Now I'm just angry every time Ava's Demon gets mentioned and IDGAF about any updates.
>>
>Updates once in 2017
>Thanks, see you next year
>>
File: ava_ire_by_zapopony-d8pxkw9.png (487KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
ava_ire_by_zapopony-d8pxkw9.png
487KB, 1024x640px
>>89278678
>2017
soo in december ?
>>
>>89279807
I recall everyone knowing it was going to help her student loans ahead of time. It's not exactly a fact that was hidden to my knowledge. Maybe you just didn't notice that before?
>>
It's okay, I can wait
It's not like I'm going anywhere else...
>>
>>89280487
>comic is kill because the KS

I love the comic but I just love the irony of that too

But anyway I got my comics so I'm all nice and content
>>
>>89282183
What if you die?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.