[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old Russian Animations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: the-little-mermaid--3.jpg (34KB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
the-little-mermaid--3.jpg
34KB, 448x252px
Yo Russians! You used to have such pretty and detailed animations. What happened?
Is there anything out nowadays that is similar?

(Pic from The little mermaid 1960 Rusalochka)
>>
>>89278406
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmJWhtobV-I
>>
>>89278406
Nowadays the main motivator for making movies is just making money, and not through the box office. Not through home media releases either. There is no creative spark anymore.
>>
>>89278406

russian government paid the majority of the expenses; and financial success wasn't a priority but their aim was cultural success globally, as many russian films and animation works for example Andrei Tarkovsky and Ladislas Starevich were given many liberates(((as long its not about the government goy))) to make their movies in their own vision to challenge western Hollywood dominated cinema. Buutt the soviets were going threw hard times and animation being all expensive and shit the quality dropped or less sponsored by the government
>>
>>89278464
Thanks! This is great!
>>
>>89278509
>>89278624

Well that sucks. A lot of the animations I've seen seem to surpass Disney and all the other animation I've grown up with. I hope one day you guys can make more of the same quality.
>>
>>89278745

check out russian action films they kick ass
>>
>>89278794
Any suggestions on titles and where I can find them?
>>
>>89278803

its about funlands history but still fun movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxoBfbhoEmo
>>
>>89278803

Brother 1997 and hardcore henry are pretty good movies too
>>
>>89278901
>funlands history
>mongol

And yes, I'm aware of your stupid /int/ memes
>>
>>89278901
This is pretty interesting. I'll bookmark it and watch more later. Thank you!

>>89278925
Wow, is Henry entirely in first person? Is he silent through out the whole film? This looks really intense!
>>
>>89279025

dont be rude to finnish people history friend. it is noble as the wu and han dynasty
>>
Op again, I have one more question. This is about a newer Russian animation I've seen a while ago but I forgot what it's called. I think it's "Mr."-something. I think he was talking about how we're slowly being trained to become cannibals to someday help decrease the surplus population... I think I'm butchering it here but I know it's on youtube and it's mostly black and white and seems to be animated with flash.
>>
>>89279139

check out russian directors buddy you will find many who do alot of great works. they are like kinno hidden gems
>>
>>89279139
>Wow, is Henry entirely in first person? Is he silent through out the whole film?

Yes and yes. Also, the villain is a blast to watch.
>>
>>89279231
I will! You guys are pretty creative when most stuff this side of the world has gotten redundant lately.

Thank you all for the suggestions and the info.
>>
>>89279297
Can't wait to watch it! Thank you again.
>>
>>89279218
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1k8hJ1d8G4

Pretty sure that's what you're talking about. Not a big fan personally, but it has some interesting visuals. The message of each episode is a combination of your typical edgelord bullshit and "wow im 14 and this is deep."
>>
>>89279387

It does sound that way now that I'm able to watch it again. But thank you for linking it for me!

I guess seeing things like south park, metalocalypse, rick and Morty, Where The Dead Go To Die - have numbed me into thinking that shock horror and humor was the norm for "adult" cartoons. It's sort of why I've been looking at different animations from other parts of the world. Old or new. Just to try to find something different or more thought provoking.

Is there any animations you know of that explores darker subjects but with a bit more maturity and subtlety?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.