[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/co/ "improves" the suicide squad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 23

File: th.jpg (6KB, 205x164px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
6KB, 205x164px
How would you "improve" the suicide squad?
>>
>>89273431
By using a larger picture in the OP.
>>
Have them all commit suicide.
Now they are ghosts.
They drive around in a haunted space gear.
They solve mysteries.
>>
Have it not be the third movie in a cinematic universe.
>>
Switch out Croc for King Shark

King Shark is now the comic relief and plays off of Harley very well
>>
File: make it happen DC.jpg (63KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
make it happen DC.jpg
63KB, 600x450px
ez pz, i will pick my oscar later
>>
>>89273431
Recast a lot of it.
Keep Leto, whoever played Harley and whoever played Enchantress (but maybe as a different character. No nigger Deadshot, no Killer Croc, no stupid mexican human torch.

Don't bombard the fucking audience with constant pop culture soundtracking. It worked for GotG but it isn't what made the whole fucking movie good.

No Batman. No reason to make things messy with that.

Story wise, I don't have anything but given some time I probably could come up with a better plot.
After all, the movies plot was fucking garbage.
>>
File: 1457249559808.png (406KB, 869x695px) Image search: [Google]
1457249559808.png
406KB, 869x695px
>>89273431
K I L L E R F R O S T
>>
By not making it.
>>
>>89273431
I'd just put Assault on Arkham in theaters instead.
>>
>>89273431
It was a coma dream
>>
File: Suicide-Squad-Slipknot.jpg (643KB, 1028x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Suicide-Squad-Slipknot.jpg
643KB, 1028x1500px
Are you intentionally not talking about the most important character, the face that runs the place, the man who can climb anything, THE slipknow?
>>
>>89273915
His tragic backstory was the stuff of legends.
>>
El Diablo is a giant flaming Aztec skeleton the whole time who speaks Nahuatl with no subtitles but the characters mostly understand him and talk to him without repeating what he's said in English for the audience's benefit
Captain Boomerang wears his boomerang print blouse from the comics
>>
>>89273915
You know whats infuriating? How lazy they were with this guy. Yeah, I know we need a patsy to prove the bombs were real, and we all knew he was going to bite it, but god damn at least TRY to make us care. Hes on screen for 3 mins, given a half assed introduction, and BOMB dead, thanks for playing, glad you could be a plot point. This is another case where the animated version worked a whole lot better: By giving KG Beast the same treatment as everyone else in terms of audience introduction, it gives his death some weight to it
>>
>>89273431
Id keep most of the actors but for fucks sake no "gangster joker" and fix harleys costume, use a better villian, cut the annoying soundtrack, not spend the first half of the movie introducing characters, cut the scene where they realized they forgot to introdice katana so they had that awful expository dialogue about her on the helicoptor, actually just cut her completely cuz she did jack shit. Actually, boomerang, croc and diablo either needed to be cut or given something more to do cuz they were jusy kinda there most of the movie. Basically id make an entirely different movie. You know what, fuck it, I'd just do a live action adaptation of assault on arkham.
>>
make a bunch of other movies that should have come before it to give it context.
not edit it like shit.
strive to give more time to characters that weren't Harley and Smithshot.
make Killercroc not a black stereotype.
>>
>>89273431
We actually give Capt Boomerang time to develop/shine and have fun with his ridiculous yet effective skill. Remember Blue Raja from Mystery Men? Same basic idea, only take it a step further by making him deadlier, and perhaps legitimize him as a Flash threat
>>
>>89273633

but the best part was the song

ALL MY FRIENDZ ARE HEATHENS TAKE IT SOLW WIAT TFOR THEM TO AKS YUO WAHT YUO KOWN
>>
>>89273999

He can climb anything!
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 630x420px
Add Tommy. I just want to see Hitman in live action.
>>
Have them fight something that isn't a giant magic monster infection that the Justice League (or at least Wonder Woman and Flash) would be all.

low level superhumans weapons program in some rogue nation or PMC.
>>
>>89273431
>Deadshot and Croc are white
>Harley has her classic costume and voice, also she wears makeup instead of being bleached all over like the Joker
>Amanda Waller is 200 lbs heavier
>Boomer has a better costume and no mustache, just the burns
>Joker has no tattoos or gold teeth and acts in a theatrical manner
>Maxwell Lord is the villain instead of Enchantress
There. I fixed it.
>>
>>89273431
Keep the name.
Change the rest.
>>
Just throwing it out there, but Sportsmaster would make a good expendable squad member. Give him something like the YJ design, have fun with his stupid gimmick, then kill him off to raise the stakes.
>>
>>89274160
But Croc has never been white.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (107KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
107KB, 1280x720px
Just put the animated version on.
>>
>>89274340
>KGBeast is first to die in AoA
>KGBeast dies in BvS
Being KGBeast is suffering
>>
>>89273431
They all fuck Katana.
>>
>>89273431
Make it a heist movie

The whole point of the Suicide Squad is that it's supposed to do things illegally for the US Gov

Attacking a dangerous hoola-dancing demoness isn't illegal
The movie's attempt to show that they're better than regular soldiers was retarded

Instead, have Waller want something from someone else. I don't know, there's a MacGuffin owned by STAR Labs/Cadmus/Lexcorp/Wayne Enterprises, whatever.
So Waller sends in the Skwad to steal it.

It's Ocean's 11 in the DCEU
>>
>>89274402
You know if they really wanted to (but they wont) they could easily bring the guy back and use the explosion as an excuse to give him the comic costume.
>Face burned? Give him the mask
>Arm is basically gone? Give him the cyber upgrade
>>
File: Batman_Assault_on_Arkham_cover.jpg (154KB, 320x450px) Image search: [Google]
Batman_Assault_on_Arkham_cover.jpg
154KB, 320x450px
>>89273431
>Joker
>Batman cameo
>emphasis on Harley Quinn
>almost the same cast
>even a throwaway death at the beginning

Just adapt this. It was that fucking easy.

I mean, if at some point the studio complains about Killer Frost's outfit, just change her for an actually developed and involved Katana.
>>
Make a completely different movie. It was WAY too early for Suicide Squad. They should have established all the villians in there perspective hero's movies before making it. Instead they jumped the gun and flooded you with info about characters no one gave a shit about.
>>
>>89274410
Yeah actually using them for what they're for would be a good start.
>>
>>89274435
I don't think the studio that let a Harley in booty shorts, stripper heels, and a jacket saying "Daddy's Little Monster" through has any right to complain about a one-piece swimsuit
>>
>>89274402
Was That KGBeast? Fucking hell. They wasted dozens of plot lines in one movie.

>>89274435
Fuck you. The Killer Frost/Croc was great.
>>
>>89274465
>Instead they jumped the gun and flooded you with info about characters no one gave a shit about.
That's totally fine
A movie can make you like brand new characters

They just handled it like shit
>>
>>89274478
I think you mean King Shark anon
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (96KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
96KB, 1920x1080px
>>89274478
Oh I'm definitely not complaining
>>
>>89274528
>threesome Killerfrost/King Shark/Killer Croc
>>
>>89274567
>Not throwing in Orca
Use that imagination anon
>>
>>89274047
>fix harleys costume
What's wrong with her costume? Everyone seems to love it.
>>
>>89274581
Oh my god...
Orca... versus Killer Croc!
>>
>>89274587
>Casuals, teenage girls, and horny teenage boys love it
FTFY. God forbid we make Harley a clown. At least give us a variation of the classic look. AoA had the right idea
>>
>>89274612
Already happened in comics, Orca.......did not do well in that fight
>>
Let's spitball here
Plot is changed that the Squad is now stealing something.
What would be a good MacGuffin?
Bonus points for things that would create set-piece events or disposable mooks
>>
>>89274528
Yes of course.

>>89274581
Mmm yes

>>89274587
Fuck off. Booty shirts CGI to be shorter then panties was shit. The Animated version is 1000% better.
>>
>>89274567
>>89274581
Narrated by Richard Attemborough
>>
File: b48.jpg (30KB, 302x476px) Image search: [Google]
b48.jpg
30KB, 302x476px
>co already fighting to the death over which is better

You could not have waited could you?
>>
>>89273633
Deadshot was one of the best parts of the movie you fucking faggot.
>>
>>89274617
Clown costume would just look stupid in the movie. The trashy teenager look is perfect for the aesthetic they were going for.
>>
>>89274647
Mother Box? Or reports of a Mother Box that ends up being something else
>>
>>89274705
He wasn't playing Deadshot, he was playing Will Smith. Also the best part of the movie is painfully mediocre.
>>
>>89274721
Motherbox is already the MacGuffin of the JL movie, unfortunately
>>
Best part of the movie was Enchantress and that dancing.
Rock. Hard. Boner.
>>
>>89274714
Anon, we're talking about a world with a crocodile man and a guy who uses boomerangs to fight a hero who runs faster than light. I think we can justify the fucking red/black clown costume with a few tweaks. Chemical dip nuHarley is fucking trash
>>
>>89274714
It would look fine. They just need a actor that looks like a gymnast, not a hot topic shopper.
>>
>>89274705
No, he really wasnt, and his character was inconsistent
>>89274725
This. Will was really phoning it in too
>>
>>89274769
He probably only took the role because Jaden has a boner for Batman.
>>
Tone down Harley's role, tone down Deadshots role, make sure every member gets the same amount of screentime, replace Enchantress with... I don't know, something more interesting, hire a director who can stage some visually interesting action (use Snyder for all I care), commit to either being serious or being comical but not that weird tonal dissonance where the humor isn't funny and the serious stuff is impossible to take seriously, either cut the Joker completely or cast someone other than Leto and ditch that stupid Marilyn Manson look, improve the pacing in the first half, have them fight actual humans and not those weird monsters, have it set in a more interesting location than just a drab, grey nondescript cityscape, make sure the scenes actually follorlw the rythm of their background music rather than just having it play over them...
>>
>>89274617
>>89274651
I thought her design was fresh and fit well with the general set design of the movie. I think classic Harley is great but I just don't think she'd look right in the current DC cinematic universe.
>>
>>89274725
>Implying Deadshot has any consistent personality
>Implying you're not saying he was playing will smith because he's will smith
>>
>>89274789
>hire a director who can stage some visually interesting action (use Snyder for all I care)
McFucking kill yourself

>>89274797
Current DCCU is fucking garbage, that's why we're having this conversation.
To hell with street slut harley
>>
>>89273431
Instead of giving it that lazy my first AMV-tier character introduction at the beginning, I'd start it off with something reminiscent of how Snatch introduced its characters.
>>
>>89274808

Oh, God. You're a characterfag.

Dude, Harley's a goddamn slut. She's a skank. Deal with it.
>>
>>89274826
>>89274808

FIGHT, FIGHT FIGHT
>>
>>89274797
If you thought that Harley looked fine there is something seriously wrong with you. You can still do a redesign and still make it both recognizable and akin to the original if you know what core elements to keep
>>
>>89273431
>The villains actually act villainous every now and again
>Better editing
>Minimize the terribly out of place pop-music to only a few scenes at most
>No "we're a family" bullshit
>Better villain than Enchantress, probably something more covert ops that world-ending scenario so it matches the characters' power level
>More Boomer, more Croc
>More Joker but without the shitty tattoos and tone Leto's acting down a bit
There were bits and pieces I liked about the movie and I still think it's 'ok' for the most part but it could have been made perfect with some fairly simple changes.
>>
>>89274851

It even improved N52 Harley Quinn, which i'm glad for.
>>
>>89274866.
Thats not exactly hard to do anon. It takes a lot from the N52 design/origin which is the main issue here
>>
>>89274851
Hey Jerk off. Harley looked fine. They basically managed to improve on the shitty New 52 look, while incorporating her old look and origin into it. So yeah KYS
>>
>>89273431
Have the team go on a covert, not end of the world level, strike mission in an eastern European country without a squadron of Navy SEALs backing them up
>>
File: killer croc villain month 3.jpg (2MB, 1920x2951px) Image search: [Google]
killer croc villain month 3.jpg
2MB, 1920x2951px
Just make Killer Croc all CGI so you can make him way bigger
>>
>>89274920
>this little pink thing
Croc needs glasses
>>
The biggest problem the movie had was that you had David Ayer, you had weird and colorful characters straight out of LA culture, you had your gun worshipping, but...

... THE WHOLE GODDAMN PLOT WAS ABOUT THE CHARACTERS FIGHTING POWER RANGER'S MOOKS.

What the fuck was that about? If i'm going to see a David Ayer's movie i'm expecting the nitty gritty stuff about street gang and morbid humor.

The movie would be 100% better if it was about them hunting the Joker through the streets of Gotham because he had stolen something confidential from a military based and is looking for buyers. It would even excuse the use of Harley Quinn on the team.

So if i could, i'd do that. The Suicide Squad team using Quinn as informer/bait to find/draw out the Joker and this massive pursuit and shoot-out throughout the streets of Gotham. Batman would be hunting them, they would be hunting the Joker's gang, the Joker would be laying traps and trying to free Quinn. Lots of blood and gore. It would be Training Day/King of the Streets Gotham Edition.
>>
>>89274808
>Current DCCU is fucking garbage,
I never said it wasn't. I'm just saying her classic look would be weird in a gritty realistic setting. I personally hate this grim dark stuff. I like full camp to be honest, but I think this new design works for what we're forced to deal with.
>>89274851
Sure but there isn't anything wrong with costume redesigns when transitioning between mediums. I wouldn't have any complainants if they found a way to keep her core design. I just don't think theres anything wrong with this new one.
>>
>>89274931
>The movie would be 100% better if it was about them hunting the Joker through the streets of Gotham because he had stolen something confidential from a military based and is looking for buyers. It would even excuse the use of Harley Quinn on the team.
That would have been fantastic. They would even have good excuse to put more batman screen time in.
>>
>>89274897
Did I expect the BTAS jumpsuit the entire time? Hell no, in fact that brief scene with it sort of indicates it might not work well adapted. But yeah, still doesnt justify a the shitty costume we got anon. Overcomplicated, and look like trailer trash.
>>
File: Mistah J and Harley.jpg (91KB, 535x536px) Image search: [Google]
Mistah J and Harley.jpg
91KB, 535x536px
>>89274880
Maybe they took story beats from her New 52 origin but personality wise she was TAS Harley but crazier.
>>
>>89274986

It would also give good excuses for you to have a bunch of character arcs, like Deadshot who hates fucking Batman and has to deal with the fact that he can't ditch the team to have his revenge. So he has to choose between revenge or doing the job for his daughter's sake, but Batman's constantly pushing it because he's standing between him and the job.
>>
File: Debbie Harry.jpg (67KB, 483x700px) Image search: [Google]
Debbie Harry.jpg
67KB, 483x700px
>>89275003
>Overcomplicated, and look like trailer trash.
Nothing "over complicated" about it. It was old school punk look also
>>
>>89274931
that would've been great haha. congrats on being a better writer than whoever is working at warner.

even joker manipulating enchantress into doing some weird shit but leaving out the giant brother and the goons would've been better.
>>
>>89275007
I think personality wise she was more of a crack whore.
>>
>>89275028
So you didn't actually watch it in other words
>>
>>89275020
I wish Harley's outfit looked that good.
>>
>>89275020
I know what they were going for, but it just didnt work for me personally. Also at some point we forgot Harley was supposed to be a clown...
>>89275036
FYI, not this guy>>89275028
>>
>>89275026

I honestly don't understand the googled-eyed monsters in the movie.

When i watched the first images and trailers i was fucking on-board. Joker looked like a Tony Soprano, Harley like a crackwhore, Boomer like an Australian and so on. Everything very urban and trash. It was awesome. I could already picture all the shooting and shit.

Then the movie was about them defeating weird monsters. The whole fucking movie. Non-stop. Just faceless monsters with no lines.
>>
Anyone else think that they butchered Flagg by making him a scrawny fucking redneck?
>>
>>89275017
It practically rights itself but I think warner bros wouldn't allow it. The stakes wouldn't be high enough. All superhero movies have to involve at least one major city being destroyed in an exciting way.
>>
>>89275036
Flashbacks Harley does take a lot from the TAS version, but present Harley lacks some charm, in my opinion. Or a sense of humor. I don't know. She just seemed like a very by the books crazy bitch character to me.
>>
>>89275096
personally i couldn't stand the rick grimes accent

who coaches this people?
>>
>>89275096
Nah.
>>
>>89275096
>>89275110
Honestly the only problem I had with him were the exposition dumps.
>>
>>89275103
I dunno, she seemed to have the same "bubbly and upbeat despite being fucking crazy" thing going on as TAS. She just seems a lot more dangerous than her TAS counterpart.
>>
>>89275096
No. It's the kinda of guy of I'd expect to be doing the stuff he does in the move. I thought the cast of guards and soldiers was one of the best parts of the movie. DC tends to idolizes cops and solders way too much in general.
>>
>>89275151
He didn't even look like a fucking soldier.
He looked like an extra for American History X
>>
File: 1408798401466.jpg (11KB, 328x277px) Image search: [Google]
1408798401466.jpg
11KB, 328x277px
>>89273431
Nothing. Absolutely nothing. From a purely entertainment perspective, this was just a bad movie. From an editing perspective, this was an extinction level event. People are going to be studying this movie's editing years from now. Senior editors will take young junior editors around the campfire and tell them horror stories about this movie. Editing parties will be built around this movie the same way most bad movie parties are built around The Room. This is a movie that will be dissected for its editing; what happened? How did it come to this? Who do we blame? The entire profession of editing has now been simplified into a single maxim; if it would pass in Suicide Squad, don't do it. I wouldn't give a disaster like this up for anything in the world.
>>
>>89275196
>He didn't even look like a fucking soldier.
Yes he did. Find something else to bitch about.
>>
>>89274478
>Fucking hell. They wasted dozens of plot lines in one movie.
TbH KGBeast probably wasn't worth not wasting
>>
>>89275102

Easy. What Joker's stole was some big doomsday device the military had been creating for a time to use against Superman, but now that Superman was dead they shelved the project and device. So Waller is worried about it falling in wrong hands or it's knowledge being leaked to the press. It was also give a reason for her to deploy Enchantress to either steal it or take it down in case of detonation.

First though, they need to find where the Joker and device is, for Enchantress to teleport and steal it. Throughout the whole movie they only manage to find Joker's goons out to kill them or empty where-houses Joker uses as bases filled with traps. So the team is worried that Harley Quinn might be leading them astray, which she isn't, not entirely, because she really wants to find the Joker to be with him again. She's also trying to leave messages and clues thorough the places for Joker to find her and rescue her.

So in the third-act there's this trap where the team is cornered and trapped, Joker's there with his goons laying it on them. Batman's coming. The device is there with him because Joker's confident that they can't escape. Enchantress shows up to take it, but instead she betrays them all. She's going to arm the thing, so it's now the team against her.

Something like that.
>>
File: IMG_6740.jpg (22KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6740.jpg
22KB, 600x600px
>>89275205
That's what happens when you
>give the director 6 WEEKS to write the movie
>allow him to shoot pretty much whatever
>let the trailer house do the actual editing, while telling them to imitate yet another trailer
>reshoot whatever seems to be missing and merge everyrhing

Being an editor and watching this is the worst possible of times
>>
>>89275301
Again, a Doomsday device is too big for this group.
>>
Hey, /co/, remember the old "leaked plot" we had that used to be constantly posted here before the movie's release?

The Squad would be after a convey transporting a biological weapon that belonged to Lexcorp.
The convey would be protected by Deathstroke, that would obliterate the Squad the first try.
When the Squad finally manage to get the biological weapon they learn it was actually Enchantress, because of course Lex would kidnap a magical being to use against Superman.
They'd bring Enchantress to Belle Reve, where she'd escape and we would have a scene akin to 'Cabin in the Woods' with she releasing all the meta-human prisoners and all of them escaping killing guards and whatnot.
The Squad would be be ordered to take her down and contain the prisoners.
The convey's team that had Enchantress would come back for her, where we would learn the leader of the team was actually Flagg's father, who worked with Waller way back then in the original SS and felt betrayed by the US.

It was something like this.
>>
>>89275423

Make it a bomb using kryptonian tech or something. It's just a plot device.
>>
>>89275466
Nah, just make it a big bomb.
That's pretty much an MO for the Joker anyway.
Maybe a nuke.
>>
>>89275477

But by making it kryptonian you've the excuse for why the Squad would be used. Nobody can learn that the US is using the spoils from the kryptonian invasion to create weapons of mass destruction.
>>
>>89275502
It being Joker and Batman being busy or them not wanting to resort to asking for his help is reason enough for it to be the Squad.
There's no reason Joker would be stealing a bomb to kill Superman.
>>
>>89274714
It was already in the movie, and it looked just fine.
>>
>>89275553
No, it looks like shit because its latex.
But it would look fine.
>>
>>89275553
no, he means having the jester costume in the middle of edgy hot topic core suicide squad would look stupid.

it did look fine in the flashback because there was no one normal standing next to them.
>>
>>89274136
The Gotham TV series already used Indian/Injun Hill as a major plot point, so maybe we'll see a young Tommy Monaghan in that show.
>>
File: 1413496014127.jpg (28KB, 400x461px) Image search: [Google]
1413496014127.jpg
28KB, 400x461px
>>89275446
Why is it that every "leaked plot" winds up being better than the real one?
>>
>>89273484
do they have a dog or some kind of goofy animal that tags along with them? And does the creature speak or mumbles?
>>
>>89274136
Hitman sucks cock
>>
>>89274914
This makes sense. Just parody the first part of Age of Ultron. Straight up dark comedy that mocks the Avengers/JLA groups. Have them kill lots of people. Actual soldiers and not monster-bullshit. Captain Boomerang can say something mildly racist like " Shwarma?? I hate ethnic food!! " The eastern post-Soviet European country can be ran by Red Star. They topple him and install something that is far worse for their own citizens but better for Argus' interests. Or y'know, Red Star leads a rebel group and the Suicide Squad is sent in to quash them in favor of a cruel regime. Either way, this will never get made!
>>
File: 1484097335537.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1484097335537.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>89273431
Hire a real fucking editor to make a properly edited movie.
>>
>>89274429
*Cou-Crossbones-gh*
>>
Considering how much the movie rips off aesthetically from Escape From New York they should have just stolen the plot structure too.

>US Government is transporting the MacGuffin of the week in plane before it gets shot down by the villains and his gang and they steal it

>Government doesn't want any real military presence involved because the MacGuffin is some super-secret illegal shit and the guys who stole it are comic-book lunatics who rip a Seal Team Six team apart like they're cotton candy

>it looks like we might need some kind of Suicide Squad(tm)

>Deadshot is the Snake Plisskin, Flagg is the Lee Van Cleef character and the rest of the team are B-characters because you can't have a movie with nine main characters each with elaborate backstories that get time devoted to them

It's not hard.
>>
2 hours of the woman who played Enchantress doing a striptease
>>
>>89277178
This. DC really just needs better editors. Also will throw Age of Ultron and Transformers in their to point out similar editing problems. I find it so strange how when people complain about these films, they never bring up editing.
>>
Take out Enchantress and make the film about the SS doing a shady black ops mission like killing a prime minister of a foreign country.

That's the crutch of the problem of the film. Why do we need a SS to fight a bad guy when the real reason for the team is do Government black jobs so the blame can't be pinned on them. Why bother kill innocent staffers in the original plot when you could do it in a plot where you kill the head of China?
>>
>>89273431
Harley and Katana get seduced by Enchantress with plenty of gratuitous sex and nudity with absolutely no context then they all die because they failed their mission which is explained as the credits roll and everyone goes home.
>>
>Gotham City.
>Batman is facing off against Joker/Harley.
>Cut to Deadshot, accepting a contract from an unknown party (Amanda Waller), to take out both The Joker and Batman.
>Insue awesome Batman/Joker/Harley fight scene with Deadshot taking shots at them.
>Batman ensnares both Harley and Joker as ARGUS drops in.
>ARGUS captures Deadshot, Harley, Joker, as Batman flees.
>Cut to Amanda Waller dinner scene.
>Keep flash scene.

???
>>
>>89273506
Explain this retarded post.
>>
>>89273431
I know this is a Marvelfag circlejerk thread but let me tell you the real answer

>Show June's expedition and enchantress being released
>Opening in Belle Reve as normal
>Waller dinner scene doesn't show any flashbacks; just explain the task force and mention some guys
>Immediately go to the Task Force X briefing scene where they suit up and go to Midway
>go thorough the Midway City scenes as normal, but cut back to scenes like June and Flagg dating, the character back stories, the Pentagon meeting, etc
>the first time you see the Eyes of the Adversary is before you are aware that Enchantress is the villain
>make it clear that Katana can hurt the Eyes but other people have a much harder time of it (this was stated in the original script and novelization.)
And most importantly
>don't let a trailer editing company do the editing.

This was apparently the way the movie was originally structured in Ayer's cut, but then it got butchered and put in chronological order. So just put the movie back in the order it was supposed to be in.
>>
>>89278210
The SS wasn't brought in to fight a bad guy.

Watch the movie before bitching about it.
>>
>>89275205
I find it very funny that nobody ever mentions editing in movies unless they're complaining about Suicide Squad.
>>
>>89275620

>killer kroc
>>
>>89273431
first i'd pour the gasoline

then i'd light the match

then i'd walk away from the screaming
>>
>>89274826
Yeah haha fuck people who actually know what they're talking about. Fucking characterfags, or as I like to call them, "comic reader fags"

Ugh hold on, let me choke back my vomit for a second. I just get physically ill when I think about all those....ugh....comic reader fags.
>>
>>89278708
because the currently popular style of editing is to try and make it invisible, so people on notice it when it goes badly wrong
>>
>>89274327
Really makes ya think huh
>>
>>89278730
Edgy.
>>
The Silver Age squad as an pre-title sequence, on a mission in South America to fight a group of Rebels, Rick Flag, Jr., his girlfriend Doctor June Moon, Dr. Hugh Evans and Jess Bright are under heavy fire, King Faraday is barking orders into Rick's ear the quartet are asking for Evac, and find a spot to hide in a cave; Jess and Hugh are injured badly and June goes to find a source of dripping water, finding the Enchantress totem. When the Evac comes they're forced to leave Jess behind..

TITLES: (No Neon Bullshit, just Helvetica - Suicide Squad)

Subtitle - Five Years Ago, Gotham.

Harley and the Joker have Jason Todd tied down in a warehouse, Joker beating the kid senseless with a crowbar. Joker Turns to Harley and says "Prove it to me." he holds the crow bar in Jason's ear and looks at Harley's hammer, with slight hesitation she brings herself to hit it. Smashing through just as the Batman crashes through the glass, seeing a bloody corpse of Jason Batman goes into a rage, breaking the Joker's jaw and incapacitating Harley with an electric zip line; The Joker comes at Bats with the crowbar despite his teeth and jaw hinged; Batman pushed to his limit is about to make the killing blow when Gordon busts in.. talks Batman down, and gives a gut punch to the Joker calling him a son of a bitch seeing what he's done. Batman carries Jason off...

Subtitle - Present Day
Funeral of Superman still in everyone's minds, in Metropolis there's a giant S monument. Amanda Waller does the briefing and we get flashbacks to the criminal origins; extending Deadshot's and cut out the bants (and replacing him with an actor who's more serious, Garret Dillahunt comes to mind) and Boomers.

Change Boomer's costume to more traditional FAIF style jacket/scarf. Have Faraday object to the Squad after what happened with his (Billy Zane for Faraday?)

Plot: Just rip off the first Secret Six. Replace Ragdoll's sister with Ragdoll and use Enchantress as a tie up for the Neron card.
>>
>>89278708

>I find it very funny that nobody ever mentions editing in movies unless they're complaining about Suicide Squad.

The movie introduces main characters multiple times in a row and treats information we literally already knew earlier in the film as major plot twists. Entire fucking character arcs have been chopped out. The June Moon/Rick Flagg, ostensibly te emotional backbone of the movie, is relegated to twelve seconds in a montage. The entire first act of the movie is a fucking montage.

This isn't just choppy narrative flow or maybe a weird act structure, this is a fundamentally broken piece of filmmaking. The first act is almost experimental in how poorly it convey any and all information from scene-to-scene.
>>
>>89274435
>Clearly a Suicide Squad movie
>Still feel they need to call it a Batman film
Yeah, no.
>>
>>89278667
You mean how they were brought together to fight one of their team members? Why would Waller need to kill her staff over that?
>>
>>89280482
>Rick Flag, Jr., his girlfriend Doctor June Moon, Dr. Hugh Evans and Jess Bright
june wasnt part of the silver age squad.
>>
>>8927404028

I was almost enjoying the movie until that point. The one guy who's been around thirty seconds with no flashback scene is the one who dies, big surprise. Should have cut him and just killed Boomerang off the bat because he was useless the rest of the film.
>>
File: 1478914999569.jpg (18KB, 462x434px) Image search: [Google]
1478914999569.jpg
18KB, 462x434px
>>89280702
>ust killed Boomerang off
WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU KILL BOOMER!?
>>
>>89275553
I think her look in Assault on Arkham is the perfect bridge between classic and new look. I am hoping they use that look for Gotham City Sirens movie
>>
>>89273431
everyone hates each other and end up backstabbing everyone.the mission was to capture the joker.batman shows up and kicks everyone asses.the movie ends with everyone back in the cells and we can just ignore that ever happened and still have these characters we can use later
>>
>>89273431
Lets see the original and work from there.
>>
>>89273431
dump half the cast and make the mission something that can actually be accomplished with a cladenstine squad of villains forced to do your bidding
>>
>Remove Harley
>go against Jihad (aka no-ISIS) like Ostrander's first arc
>>
>>89278708
People criticized the editing in BvS before Suicide Squad came out.
>>
>>89277598
Lol fuck the Suicide Squad being covert, we Goth GOTG now
>>
>>89273431
Removing the damaged tattoo
>>
Anybody else feels like BvS feels like: Close up: The Movie ? like seriously i like the movie and all but its just gets annoying.
>>
Make Count Vertigo the villain. Have them usurp him as their mission. Suicide Squad 2 would have him on the Squad
>>
>dont introduce the characters three times
Once was enough, the movie wastes so much time in the beginning introducing the same characters over in over. Then we get "thats slipnot the man who can climb anything" "THIS IS KATANA"
>dont have them fighting some superpowered big bad
the SS works better as a covert team sent in to clean up wallers messes. AoA shows how the SS is suppose to be used.
Also the reasoning for its existence is pants on head retarded. Literally nobody on the SS would be able to do anything to a superman level threat.
>no constant shitty pop music
We get it WB, you wanted this to be your GotG. But the music isnt what made GotG great.
>either use the Joker or dont
Joker is one of DCs biggest characters. Having him as a glorified cameo just made him seem cheap.
Also you can keep Leto, but scrap this Joker and actually make a good Joker.
>>
>>89278655
>I know this is a Marvelfag circlejerk thread
Um it's not?
>>
File: 1468370925293.gif (1MB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1468370925293.gif
1MB, 680x680px
>remove Katana add in Dutchess
>cut down the character introductions to about 30 seconds apiece
>Make the final scene of Joker rescuing Harley just a fantasy she is having
>rather than having Waller shoot her people down Deadshot pulls the rigger instead and enjoys how Waller gets angry at him
>have Waller explain that the SS isn't made to replace Superman, but rather to help keep the nation ahead in the super power arms race
>the final scene wouldn't be with Waller and Bruce Wayne, but rather Batman, The Wall isn't intimidated and even shakes Batman's confidence by referring to him as a "rich boy"
>Show that Rick Flagg actually knows how to fight and isn't a massive jobber
>>
Have them do an actual black ops job instead of fighting an evil witch and her generic blue energy beam like a team of heroes can do.
>>
>>89274931
Does the DCU have an equivilent to Marvel's Mutant Growth formula? Because that'd make for a good Suicisde Squad plot. A bunch of street gangs get superpowers and tear a major city apart but they're technically still US citizens so the government has to send in a black ops squad to pacify them and uncover the source of the drug.
>>
Just some random ideas
>Assassinate Kandaq's current ruler, accidentally unleash Black Adam at films end
>Retrieve Lexcorp data from underground lab, fight crazy genetic experiments/robots
>Have them fight The Rogues
>Mission in Russia, "antagonist" of movie is Rocket Red
>>
>>89273431
Replace Enchantress with a threat street level thugs like the SS could ACTUALLY take on.
>>
>>89278708
I complained about the editing in BvS as well.
But, to quote Futurama, when you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all. You don't notice good editing because good editing is seamless.
>>
>>89273431
Remake the entire thing, but this time with a studio, team, script, and cast that gives anything resembling a shit.

Or just sell it to Disney-Marvel.
>>
>>89273431
Just make a longer live action version of the JLU episode.
>>
>>89273633
>No Batman. No reason to make things messy with that.
But there was nothing wrong with Batman (and Flash) cameoing as the ones who apprehended some of these criminals in flashbacks. They didn't affect the core story for the better or worse (bar Deadshot maybe, but his whole deal was muh daughter anyway). Them both being cool cameos was good.
>>
File: Batfleck3.jpg (70KB, 852x479px) Image search: [Google]
Batfleck3.jpg
70KB, 852x479px
>>89284921
Reminding the audience that Batman and Flash and Wonder Woman are active, that this is post-BvS, and that none of them even try to respond to a city besieged for at least 24 hours is bad.
Particularly when they make a point of the fact that they can call on Batman to do stuff.

How about instead of a shitty ripoff of the ending of Ghostbusters, we have the Enchantress whipping up a zombie army, the nascent JL trying to contain it, while Waller's team is sent in with specific information on how to neutralize Dirty Witch Enchantress. If she's gotta have an enforcer, find somebody, I dunno, born on a Monday.
>>
>>89285084
This gives Grundy a slightly better origin than Fell ini a Swamp, and gives the SS someone who they can just barely survive. He couldn't be soul-ripped by Katana, El Diablo would hurt but not kill him, basically make him a slower sorta Hulk/Jason Vorhees character.
Would have been better than the Lawnmower Man we got.
>>
File: Grundyfoe.png (153KB, 250x319px) Image search: [Google]
Grundyfoe.png
153KB, 250x319px
>>89285184
Of course all of this is pointless, this whole endeavor is still being steered by Snyder, his wife, and Goyer, who must be fucking Snyder's wife.
>>
>>89285220
Cuck Snyder, king of DCucks

Make this a thing
>>
>>89273431

Re-cut it so it makes more sense.

Make Slipknott more present with his own intro and his gimmick be grappling hooks to give him cool moments a part in the fightscene, explain his presence as him origionaly being intended as their backup entrance to Wallers penthouse operations room. He still dies because Boomer talked him into fucking off, it just happens later and is more of a surprise to the few people who did not know that would probably happen.

Re-cast the Joker to someone who can act if you can, if not at least dial back the wierd wigger gang banger stuff into clown prince of crime stuff.

>>Make it an Emperor Joker movie

The new plot: Actually very similar to the movie as is. Amanda Waller is assembling a plausibly deniable team to go after a supervilain she was cultivating as an asset but has now gone rogue after stealing a superweapon.

The supervillain isnt Enchantress, but the Joker, who she was using as a mercenary agent. The superweapon he stole was a higher dimensional being Waller had Enchantress pull out of another reality as a final emergency option in case of a rogue Superman. Its name, unpronounceable to humans, is rendered as "Mr Mxyzptlk" pronounced like a dial up internet connection.

We can even have Enchantress fighting for control over June and giving it to Joker as a diversion so she can escape. Basically replace Enchantresses brother with Emperor Joker slowly learning to control his dimensional powers, the superweapon they were building with Joker practicing his skills on the city and looking for Waller and the wierd eyeball mooks with citizens converted into slave-soldier-joker-gangers.

The big finale is pretty similar except batman has a quick go at Emperor Joker first before getting bodied and the Squad only get a chance when Harley finally turns on Mr J, surprising him, when Mr Mxyzptlk starts talking to her, and tells her how to defeat his powers- say his name backwards. And only she knows his real name.
>>
File: image.jpg (409KB, 1081x1414px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
409KB, 1081x1414px
This is Katana, she's got my back.
Thread posts: 167
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.