[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Toad.jpg (21KB, 236x315px) Image search: [Google]
Toad.jpg
21KB, 236x315px
Why do they keep changing his look?

Why can't they just stick with one
>>
That's a good question.
>>
>>89272524
At first all Toad did was bounce around and hop, then they changed him to make him closer to the movie version
>>
Unpopular character who's powers were increased to keep up with MU power creep a bit. I hate the movie look bit, too, they did that to all the characters at the time.
>>
>>89273172
When I was a kid Toad was my favorite character in the movie because he was pretty close to being lizard-like. I had a crush on Rogue from the movie and Evolution and one time I had a dream I was Toad and was a student at the institute and kissed her. It was pretty great.
>>
>>89272623

But then they've changed him like three more times to either make him more movie-like or less movie-like. When he underwent the first transformation into the way he looked in the first X-Men movie, there was a good story built around that transformation which was rooted in lore and had a good payoff.

Since then he's just repeatedly and unexplainably changed at the artist's whim, which is a bit frustrating.
>>
My favorite obscure marvel character. Always wished he got more fleshed out.
>>
>>89272524
Its his 2nd mutation.
>>
>>89276391
Well, probably noone researches to see what he looked like or did the last time he was used
>>
>>89272524
For reference, this is what Toad currently looks like. And not too long ago, he was green. They never explained why he became green or why he stopped being green.
>>
Didn't they say at some point his mutation has become adaptive, so he basically changes all the time?
>>
>>89272524
He must be really popular with the ladies if you know what I mean.
>>
>>89277967
Yeah, his genetics are unstable so he's constantly mutating.
>>
One of Toad's character traits is "unattractive" so when different people get put in charge of him he is redesigned to be less visually appealing in their eyes.
>>
It's been noted a few times that road is prone to both mental and physical instability thanks to the way his Powerset mimics toads and frogs and how easily they react to their environment. His health, appearance, and personality are prone to the sudden and notably remarkable shifts. He looked most human, and dashing, right after M Day and talked about it with a few of the surviving 128 at the refugee camp set up at the Xavier Institute.

It's one of the reasons he and crazy Paige Guthrie, Husk, became a thing while he was janitor and stupid and green at the Jean Grey institute. They bonded over a shared sense of suffering over rapidly shifting physiques and uncontrollably fluid personal identity.
>>
File: toad.jpg (15KB, 236x229px)
toad.jpg
15KB, 236x229px
Toad the headbanger
>>
>>89272524
Movie Toad (X1) is best Toad
>>
>>89277065
Well, that's always been what he looked like until most of the 2000's
>>
>>89272524
Why can't I feel that tongue wrapped around my dick?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.