[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best series ending/finale ever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 237
Thread images: 48

File: regularshow3.jpg (338KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
regularshow3.jpg
338KB, 1440x1080px
>>
No, but it was satisfying and didn't royally fuck up.
>>
killing pops felt kinda forced tbhfam
>>
>>89272040
I came closer to crying than I ever have in the past 10 years
>>
I really wish we could have learned everyone's names but I understand why we couldn't.
>>
Nah, KND and EEnE are still pretty good. It was a great effort, though.
>>
I wouldn't say it was the "best" but it was pretty good especially when the VCR tape pops out and you hear pops you can also see how grown up everyone is when Mordecai and Rigby said their last ohhh. Only problem I thought was Mordecai was still hungup on Margaret (he painted her?) but it was 3 years. Kinda wish I didnt see the ending so I wouldn't feel this shit feeling of seeing a show end.
>>
>>89272040

Can we just turn this into a great finale thread?
>>
>>89272318
a magical teppanyaki chef DID tell him they were destined to be together
>>
File: 1426082541837.jpg (102KB, 630x627px) Image search: [Google]
1426082541837.jpg
102KB, 630x627px
It's weird, my best friend from middle-school and I met because I was wearing a Regular Show t-shirt and he said he liked it. The show was still in its first season and every night when a new episode came out we'd hang out at his place and watch it. Even through high-school we did this, it just became kinda a tradition. The last time I saw him was when we both got together to celebrate the finale. He shipped to basic the next day, and I'll probably never see him again... Watching this was kinda the end of my childhood in a way. I mean, I'm 20 now and everything's changed.
>>
>>89273417
could be worse. some of us are in our 30s now and never did squat with our lives.
>>
>>89272040

I'm currently on episode 10 of season 8. I skipped up to season 8 as I didn't realize I'd be missing important information considering the nature of the show was generally episodic.

What episodes should I watch to fill me in on the questions of "why are they in space/what's up with the button?" and "why does pops have psychic powers?"
>>
File: 1471531177921.png (264KB, 791x687px) Image search: [Google]
1471531177921.png
264KB, 791x687px
Seeing the cut back to the first episode made me realize how much better the animation was back then.
>>
>>89273597
Yea, but I'm glad they didn't reanimate it, which of course they wouldn't because it saves time and money for that minute of reused footage, but could you imagine if they did..?

Also the finale is the best to me but that's because I can't instantly think of any I've seen aside from GF and it was lackluster and straightforward and mostly uneventful.
>>
y'know after watching /co/ suck this finale's gumballs for a few days i think i'm finally starting to hate it
>>
WHO'S READY FOR REGULAR SHOW GO?
>>
>>89273704
That's called being a contrarian, sport.
>>
>>89273704
congrats, you're a contrarian
sad thing is that instinct is going to get you pretty far, it's right more often than it's wrong
but being blindly right is just no way to live your life, son. you have to analyze things individually!
>>
>>89273704
The only time stuff like that works is when the people praising it somehow had a hand in it. It's the reason hating SU for its fanbase works (to an extent) because it's made for them too and Rebecca takes inspiration from what they say and yes, it does pander whether people like to admit it or not.

Here it's just people really fucking in love with it for whatever reason. They'll probably still like it but in a little while it'll pass.
>>
>>89273862
>for some fucking reason
It's a show that was a beacon of light in the darkness that was late 2000's animation. It had its ups and downs with the whole love triangle thing sure, but in the end it was a show that a ton of people cherish and grew up with.
>>
>>89273917
wha? didn't it start in 2010? for me RS and AT and all of those have been like, the definition of 2010s animation, and why it's such a great decade for cartoons.. why it sucks that it's coming to an end and already showing signs of decline
what showed up in the late 2000s that gave us hope was shit like Chowder and Flapjack, the clear precursors to these
>>
>>89273982
I'd say the majority of shows at the time were garbage, but the turning point was defiantly RS and AT. Chowder and Flapjack were great, but they kinda got swept under the radar by all the shit that CN and Nick were pulling at the time. 2010 was pretty much the end of the dark-ages in a lot of ways.
>>
>>89272040
better ending than GF
It actually made me tear up
>>
it's amazing how this utterly-episodic show made me suddenly start to care about its plot after giving no fucks before.. gradually, starting with the space thing.. and then this Pops thing, given to us just a few tiny bits here and there so we wouldn't get overwhelmed with it.. and then by the end, hot damn, now I feel like the end of a ride, not merely cessation of consistent fun
>>
WE CAN BE HEROES. JUST FOR ONE DAY.

Also Cheer Up Pops is even harder to watch after his death.
>>
File: 1484813063317.png (92KB, 411x225px) Image search: [Google]
1484813063317.png
92KB, 411x225px
>People actually liked the finale
>People actually liked this shit show passed the 4th season
>>
>>89274762
tell me a fucking bout it. I was a few minutes late for the premiere but it took for goddamn ever to get a stream working, so I missed that entirely, and even though a mega came out pretty quickly... well you know mega. I wish people would do the google video thing instead.
by the time I got the thing ready it was too late to just, say, watch it during commercial breaks to catch up.. i had to watch it last. that was my last bit of RS and holy shit it's sad watching that after the end.
>>
>>89274875
Only cartoon series finale that comes to mind where it showed every main character die and only had it fixed in the next episode much later, and then let a main character die for real.

I'm also going to miss how this was pretty much the only kids cartoon using real music.
>>
>>89272168
KND left us wanting more and we never got it.
>>
>>89275183
>in the next episode much later
errrr didnt they reset it immediately?
not trying to shit on the excellent finale but that's not how i remember it going
and yeah the music was pretty tits. no idea how they budgeted it.
>>
>>89275219
Everyone died in Part 2 and only came back at the very end of The Power (Part 3)
>>
>>89275248
but I mean, immediately after everyone else died, Mordo and Riggs got themselves caught in the middle of the time reset as THEY died, partially retaining their memories, and immediately getting to work on returning to the end of the universe, which they tried a few times before it took. It was really tight pacing and I thought it was perfect, but few people spent that long actually being dead. their deaths WERE pretty great though. sailormoon tier.
The only part I didn't get is that 3 years later thing. why wouldnt they go straight home? or was that 3 years after the flashback, meaning the whole show has been 3 years (which would fit okay, it certainly can't have been 7 years in-universe)
>>
>>89275321
If you're talking about Dale's news report, time speeds up in space and they're talking about One Space Day at a Time to the finale, that's how long on Earth had passed but not to the people in space, up there it might've been around 5-7 months at most.
>>
>>89272040
It was enjoyable, and Pop's sacrifice felt nice to see but was sort of unnecessary, although now it makes a little sense as to why Maelard send them off to space. As if Mr. Maelard knew that he wouldn't see Pop's again until the next cycle, but he was probably surprised Pop's went and destroyed the cycle chain. Still, a few questions remain:

Why not add Margaret to the gang to fight in space? Was her character done once she became a news anchor? Eileen's character was refined a bit, but Margaret could've gotten some screen time too. And Mordecai ended up with the Bat Girl whose voice we never hear? I at least want to know what she sounds like. She got along with Eileen well, and we don't see Margaret after the initial return of the dome.

Also, I'm pretty sure Pops didn't die in a normal sense. He pulls out the vhs at the end and say's his catchphrase. I'm guessing he's living as an ethereal being of energy or something since he and his brother need to exist to hold balance for the universe, because without good or evil, there's only chaos. My theory is that his brother and him, along with the Seer are in some room just watching Regular Show as his friends grow and he controls good, Anti-Pops is trying to edit his critical reviews while maintaining evil, and the Seer just kind of babysits them.
>>
>>89276348
Eileen wasn't going to come at all. They had the episode written and in production where she watched the park launch too, but Minty pushed like a dumbass and got her to go.
>>
>>89276436
Just the guys? That would've made more sense seeing how the first episodes of the series just built around them and ending the final fight with them seems right. The baby ducks seemed unnecessary too, since they only formed up with other allies to hold off Streaming, but they were a nice nod to the recurring characters featured.

She didn't seem to do much other than just being Rigby's gf and the occasional voice of reason or doubt, but she was treated well enough to get some attention from the viewer. It would've been heart tugging to see her run to kiss Rigby after not seeing him for a while if she was left on Earth. Starla running up to Muscle Man with their daughter had that heart tugging feeling with it, knowing Mitch missed her first few years of her life but she was still excited to see her dad.
>>
What was Rigby going to say before the big bang?
>>
>>89277323
He wanted to be a pterodactyl with a really big penis.
>>
>>89276572
>he didn't seem to do much other than just being Rigby's gf and the occasional voice of reason or doubt
Exactly, there was no role for her but Minty urged her self insert in. Eileen fags got lucky they even got that but they keep crying about what you said, about how she wasn't important or something. Makes it 10x worse that she was even included.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
I liked it, but the first Futurama series finale is still the best series finale.
>>
That's not the Big Picture Show OP
>>
>>89272040
>Mordecai gets with neither Margaret nor CJ
>just some random bat
>Margaret was never seen ever again in fact

lol
>>
>>89277816
At least he got with someone we knew since the beginning instead of 3 seconds out of the entire fucking 8 seasons.

>>89277883
This. For some reason I can never remember it when I need to but when someone reminds me all the memories come flooding back. I still remember the countdown.

>>89277913
She was on the local news after reality was fixed, she heard the Park was coming back and left during the broadcast, but when she got there she only hugged Eileen and then disappeared and wasn't even in any crowd shots.

You'd think she'd wave to Mordecai or SOMETHING but they never even were on the screen at the same time, and never saw each other.
>>
File: Pops Pinata.jpg (159KB, 1137x643px) Image search: [Google]
Pops Pinata.jpg
159KB, 1137x643px
Ah yes I'm sure this I'm sure this is how Pops wanted to be remembered
>>
>>89278032
Yea, I thought I was the only one who felt shitty about that. Is it dark humor or just accidentally?
>>
Why the fuck are rigby's kids tall when both parents are so short, it's almost surreal
>>
>>89278032
Rigby's daughters are cute
>>
>>89278032
>>89278043
>Pop's giving people candy, lollipops specifically, is bad
I'm sure he'd absolutely love the idea.
>>
>>89278109
Typically in memory of someone who died you don't make an effigy of them and destroy it.

Like do you just make pinatas of your dead mom and bust her open at a picnic?
>>
>>89277982
What bums me out is that Mordecai is the only one of the cast who got told by George Takei that he and Margaret would have a great life together, and then he is the only one who does not end up with that, while everyone else gets their designated love interests. Another reason why this and the "That's real life" argument just do not work.

It would have been marginally better if they at least showed how he stands with her now.
>>
>>89278132
Bu-but muh themes

>>89278130
Pops is a weird fuckin dude, he would probably love it
>>
>>89278169
How is he weird in that way? Any act of violence makes him go "oh..." while smiling nervously, still trying to be happy. He'd probably do the same thing here but see the candy and go "ha ha!".

Should've just had a bowl of lollis out or something, rather than bashing his head.
>>
>>89273532
you should really watch season 7. It wraps everything with the park on earth pretty much
>>
>>89273704
>I'm so cool and edgy because i hate what's popular
>>
>>89278848
I can understand not liking how popular something is and it irritating you, it used to for anime to me back around 2008 or so, it was so obnoxious to hear everyone talking about it, and it can make it more difficult, depending who you are, to get into it.

But if you like something and start hating it because of that then that's just fucking retarded. At least what I said first isn't as bad and understandable in most cases, but just because there's been 5 threads since Monday night and it went trending on Facebook and Twitter that night doesn't mean you should hate it if you liked it before hand.

For once I'm glad the show is getting good reception, I was tired as fuck lurking in the RS episode threads and they'd just descend to "UGH all you RS fans are so retarded, you'll eat up boring shit like this all the time". I know some of it is just piggybacking off of what's popular on /co/ right now (for once something positive, but I know some people are attempting to run it into the ground to make people annoyed) but it's obvious people liked it this time.
>>
>>89278919
That's what I'm saying
It's dumb to hate shot because a lot of people like it alone
If you have a legit reasoreason, that's one thing, but hating something solely because it's 'mainstream' is fuckinh stupid
>>
That's not the EEnE finale.
>>
No, but is easily a 10/10 ending.
>>
Will the Harvey Beaks ending be better then this?
>>
>>89279018
>implying it can get intense
it'll be heartwarming at most

>that episode where harvey gets hit with an acorn and just sits there and cries during a battle
>>
>>89276348
>And Mordecai ended up with the Bat Girl whose voice we never hear?

at least we know her name
>>
>>89279420
What makes you say that.
>>
>>89279650
mordecai said he always wanted to date a girl named the power.
>>
>>89279996
>>89279420
there is no official name for her I believe, but one of the writers said in an AmA that they'd probably call her Stef, because Quintel likes Goonies.
>>
File: 1477344187272.gif (2MB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
1477344187272.gif
2MB, 500x370px
>>89273417
Stop reminding me my 20s, man. Everything in my surroundings has gotten worse as the time flew by.

I'm just waiting for my body to die famalam.
>>
File: Goodnight.jpg (257KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Goodnight.jpg
257KB, 1920x1080px
>>89272040
Not even close
>>
>>89272040
For /co/, probably not. It might be Brave and the Bold or Ed, Edd n Eddy.

Best finale I've ever seen to a show at all was Person of Interest.
>>
>>89274033
I fell that we're entering a new dark age with TTG being the eye of the tornado
>>
>>89278032
At least it's not red velvet cake.
>>
>>89280912
I need to get aroun to seeing TBATB
>>
Anyone else feel including Party Horse was kind of weird? Who gives a shit about Party Horse?
>>
>>89273597
I loved the early animation, the change to a more rigid style was so gradual you barely noticed it.
>>
>>89281246
I just hate how the cops got there somehow. At least PH made sense arriving.
>>
>>89281246
Party horse did a little fighting to hold of Streaming but nothing much that's memorable. But he has the ability to travel through space since he has the tech so it's not really bullshit. How the cops got there in a car that isn't magic like the Gareth's is a mystery. Also the baby ducks were a pure Deus Ex Machina. At least with Gareth, the giant babies, Death, Blu-ray and HD DVD, we saw them earlier and they said they'd drop by the fight to help out.
>>
>>89272040
>(pic not related)
>>
>>89281040
This is mixing 3 very different metaphors
>>
>>89275401
whaaat
>>
>>89280912

>Ted Kord and B'wana Beast appeared while Doom Patrol remained dead

Damn man.
>>
The only shit thing about the RS finale compared to the GF one is that its music will never be released.

>"WE GOTTA FLY BETWEEN EM"
>"YOU'RE CRAZY"
>>
>>89278059
genetic work in mysterious ways anon
>>
>>89278059
>>89283117
They're also half racoon and half hamster or whatever Eileen is.
>>
>>89283167
She's human with a shit stain hanging from her ass.
>>
>>89272168
and don't forgot courage the cowardly dog
>>
>>89272040
I actually really enjoyed it. Including the 2-3 episodes leading up to it. Actually I think I liked those better, which made the last episode seem better.
>>
>>89273452
>>89280813
>>89273417
mid 20s, and i can feel my group of friends drifting apart. feels bad guys
>>
Show was remarkably consistent, I thought. Not once did the writing take a considerable dive that lasted more than an episode or two. Especially once they figured out how to move past Mordecai's relationship bullshit, the show just kept getting better. Sad to see it go, but excited to see what JG has in store next. The guy's only 35, when you think about it his career has barely even started yet. Maybe an [as] show next?
>>
>>89284372
He said a show in primetime and animation is his favorite idea, but it's obvious he's yearning for some adult material.

The best part of Regular Show was the limits it had, that made it so much more fun knowing that they were actively trying to make a very adult show but also just as suitable for kids as well, rather than either being pure kid-work or pure "mature" dumb adult humor that can cuss and do gore if it wants.
>>
>>89284490
I can definitely agree re: restraints, how they pushed those restraints made up some of the best gags in the series, like the gun slowly jutting out of the VCR in The Ice Tape. I feel like he'd probably try to self-restrain a little bit if not given as many by the network, but who knows. [AS] has been batting damn near a thousand when it comes to making adult shows that aren't dumbed down lately, though.
>>
>>89284596
>[AS] has been batting damn near a thousand when it comes to making adult shows that aren't dumbed down lately
pfft, what? You mean Rick and Morty? I mean sure they have to be creative with their sciency gimmicks and they have to put effort into each new monster creation and world design, rather than Family Guy which literally uses a character builder on a crew site (yes, clicking arrows to customize the character), but it's not mature or anything. I've seen all the episodes unless Season 3 is out now, and I can safely say it's decent at best but it still has some teenager-level jokes often times.

I don't watch [AS] itself though, but all I can think of on the network aside from that is Farland shows, that satan dog thing, and KoTH reruns.
>>
>>89284694
>trying to argue this point while openly not knowing anything about the network's output
almost thought this was a troll post, but giving it the benefit of the doubt

>past shows like Space Ghost, Harvey Birdman, ATHF, various Tim and Eric projects
>present shows like Venture Bros., Dream Corp LLC, R+M (which i agree isn't the transcendental masterpiece people think it is), Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell, Brad Neely projects

Venture Bros. is a legitimate masterpiece of animated storytelling.
>>
>>89284694
also you seem to have some weird aversion to "teenager-level" (???) humor. something can imploy crude humor at times and still be smartly written, you know
>>
>>89284807
>past shows like-
you said lately in the first post, that's what I targetted, and yes I said I wasn't sure about all the shows on the network currently so don't mock me for being open about it, it's not like I called you a retard and that you're wrong even if I'm not informed??
>>
File: carlos.jpg (20KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
carlos.jpg
20KB, 500x367px
Hope Pops used a sunscreen before the fight, he could get sunburned
>>
>>89285174
>joking about the death of pure good who died for YOUR sins
>>
>that scene where Bluray asked Benson to help her with her bra
>>
>>89286572
Her bitrate IS faster.
>>
File: downer.png (1014KB, 1233x899px) Image search: [Google]
downer.png
1014KB, 1233x899px
>"I wish Pops were here to see this."
>>
>>89281428
>. Also the baby ducks were a pure Deus Ex Machina
In a way, everyone in that scene was a Deus Ex Machina. Sure, they all appeared before and it kinda makes sense that they'd show up (sans Carter & Briggs), but there wasn't a real setup to them being part of the battle, unlike Streaming, Bluray and HD DVD, who had been established as an unresolved conflic rather late into the season.

Hell, if you were gonna bring so many characters back in such an obvios Deus Ex Machina (which I was totally fine with), might as well go full I-dont't-give-a-fuck-about-logic-aymore. Imagine if Margaret, CJ, Starla, Don, Fives' brother and Thomas had shown up in a spaceship named "Deus ex Machina" with Thomas explaining that he stole it from the Russians and has no idea what the name means. That would have been so ridiculous it could have worked.
>>
>>89286666
Anti Pops is that you?

Also what's the episode from the pic?

>>89286815
I want to see a Baby Ducks version that has everyone in it. I'm bored so maybe I'll design one over the next few weeks.
>>
>>89286839
>a Baby Ducks version that has everyone in it
That'd be pretty ridiculously detailed for a cartoon in today's standards, but I'm sure a still image could be awesome if you could pin down all their attributes well and make sure the design isn't an ugly clusterfuck, which would be the main thing.

I've always wanted to see Thomas in the HyperDuck Extreme, but they'd probably just give the robot horns.
>>
>>89286839
End of Skips' Story

>>89286920
>but they'd probably just give the robot horns.
Pretty much, he's a pretty plain character. At most you could give it his shirt too, but I think that slot was already taken by the armor. He doesn't have any color coding like the formats, Mordecai, Rigby, Benson, etc either. I miss him.
>>
>>89272168
Yeah the EEnE ending where the kids see Eddy getting beat up to a lesser extent than if they caught him and the other Ed's and having a change of heart really made me think.
>>
>that was a series finale
I thought it was a non-canon parody at the end like the anime special...?! You mean that where are they now segment was legit??
>>
>>89272040
i would say it had the best ending.
personally i would've been happier if Mordecai and rigby stopped being friends.
>>
>>89289231
Got what I wanted on that front with them going their separate ways rather than doing whatever it was they'd do together (be in a band or a video game team or something like that) at least. I didn't want them to not be friends, I just wanted them to not be so dependent on each other at the end.
>>
So what are the RG writers gonna do now?

Are we gonna see something new?
>>
>>89290191
Probably go to other projects on CN if they are obligated by a contract or hopefully get off that sinking ship of kids' shows and get to work on something on Adult Swim.
>>
I still loved it but it just doesn't make much sense. Why is everyone that died back? Why did it take them 6 months longer to get back to earth? Why even show Margret freaking out about them coming back just for Mordo to end up with batwoman? Why did Mordo and Rigby stop seeing each other like right after pops killed himself so they could "take care of each other"?
>>
did they tell us how Mordecai meet his wife or how she treats him???
>>
>>89292796
When Anti-Pops perished along with Pops, all the erasing Anti-Pops did was undone.
Space days are longer than Earth days. Plus they were pretty far away in the first place.
Just to give her something to do. According to the staff, Margaret and Mordecai are still friends but nothing more.
Because they had separate lives to lead, but they still stayed in contact because they're best bros and after all the shit they went through, they had no one else to relate to.
>>
>>89293737
You see how they meet, at an art gallery where Mordecai has his work showcased. How they end up together and stay together is up to the viewer. She seems nice since she gets along with Eileen well.
>>
>>89272040
I haven't watched much TV lately, what show do we have to replace regular show?
>>
>>89293839
>How they end up together and stay together is up to the viewer.

That's a very lame cop out and should not happen in a show that is big on interpersonal relationships and not to a character you always knew how he felt and what he saw in the girls he was with so far.

"They like art!" is really weak after seeing after how much he enjoyed being with Margaret and CJ.
>>
>>89272040
EEnE beats it
>>
I liked the ending it was will done. I think I would had felt more if pops was bigger character in the series, but all in all it was a nice way to go. RS had its ups and downs but what long running show doesnt. It was a lot of fun and it deserves to be in the CN Hall of Fame. OOoooooOoooOooo!

So as they say. There's always reruns
>>
File: 1476565504572.jpg (156KB, 1093x763px) Image search: [Google]
1476565504572.jpg
156KB, 1093x763px
>>89295516
Just another thing shippers ruin for everyone else. They couldn't make a choice without our little fandumb imploding on itself so they took the easy way out.
>>
File: 1484750701682.jpg (19KB, 293x303px) Image search: [Google]
1484750701682.jpg
19KB, 293x303px
>>89277816
>series finale
>Season 4 of 8 seasons total
>>
File: 7ae.png (503KB, 680x694px) Image search: [Google]
7ae.png
503KB, 680x694px
>>89280912
>anything DC
>>
>>89272040
It's been said that we really only fall in love with three people in our lifetime.
Yet, it's said that we need each of these loves for a different reason.
Often our first is when we are young, high school even. It's the idealistic love; the one that seems like the fairytales we are all read as children.
It's a love that looks right.
The second is supposed to be our hard love; the one that teaches us lessons about who we are and how we often want or need to be loved.
Sometimes it's unhealthy, unbalanced or narcissistic even.
It's the love that we wished was right.
And the third is the love we never see coming. The one that usually comes dressed as all wrong for us and that destroys any lingering ideals we clung to about what love is supposed to be.
It's the love that just feels right.
Maybe we don't all experience these loves in this lifetime; but perhaps that's just because we aren't ready to.
Possibly maybe we need a whole lifetime to learn or maybe if we're lucky it only takes a few years.
And there may be those people who fall in love once and find it passionately lasts until their last breath.
Someone once told me they are the lucky ones; and perhaps they are.
But I kinda think that those who make it to their third love are really the lucky ones.
They are the ones who are tired of having to try and whose broken hearts lay beating in front of them wondering if there is just something inherently wrong with how they love.
But there's not; it's just a matter of if someone loves in the same way that they do or not.
And maybe there's something special about our first love, and something heartbreakingly unique about our second...but there's also just something about our third.
The one we never see coming.
The one that actually lasts.
The one that shows us why it never worked out before.
And it's that possibility that makes trying again always worthwhile, because the truth is you never know when you'll stumble into love.
>>
>>89297520
Stop trying to excuse terrible and lazy writing and questionable story decisions as deep.
>>
>>89297923
>relationship show fag

ugh
>>
>>89283512
21 and don't talk to any of my group of "friends" outside of one person.
>>
>>89284490
>>89284596
Didn't CN actually lowkey kinda tell him and Pen Ward "PLEASE PUT IN INNUENDOS FOR THE MANCHILDREN AND STONERS" or something?
>>
>>89278132
This pretty much
Truth be told i would have been fine if he ended up with either Margaret or CJ. Because they had character development. Throwing bat lady felt unsatisfying. Hell we didn't even know her name. I get "that's real life" but it was kinda thrown in in my opinion. But i other then that i was satisfied.
>>
>>89274875
It dipped in quality hard for me but I can't say that I didnt feel a little something in my withering 20 year old body watching the show I grew up with in my high school years come to an end.
>>
>>89277681
Eileen isn't ACTUALLY Minty's self insert. She was planned from the start and all Minty did was giver her a voice both literally and figuratively.

I don't like Eileen either but this getting mad at Minty shit is obnoxious, especially since at the end JG approved of all of it when he could have easily declined.
>>
>>89281246
Party Horse was only there to fight so seeing him die off and not return have me hope that maybe he died for good.

Seriously, no Tecmo but that motherfucker shows up for the big battle. At least the former showed up once the crew landed.
>>
>>89300236
Calvin Wong had said on his tumblr that the head writer, Matt Pierce, had decided her name is Stef, in reference to The Goonies. On the Reddit AMA however, Pierce himself only had said that could her name because JG likes that movie, so take that as you will.

I don't think that information that is not clarified in a piece of media itself should not be considered canon, not even if it comes from someone official, and especially not if there are hints they didn't really plan ahead.

That's post-canon at best.

But I guess that's just what happens in productions like this. Too many cooks spoil the broth and you end up with a mess.
>>
>>89300798
She changed Eileen for her tastes and kept shoehorning her into things. Also just because JG didn't say no to her doesn't mean it doesn't count as a self insert.
>>
>>89301299
>She changed Eileen for her tastes

How? The basics of what Eileen was (shy nerd girl who liked Rigby) was there. All she did was flesh it out.

And true, but you're acting like she strongarmed the team into allowing it when maybe they just happened to like what she was doing with the character?
>>
>>89301362
the forcing thing came from the season finale, this is confirmed
>>
File: 2016.png (70KB, 500x290px) Image search: [Google]
2016.png
70KB, 500x290px
http://www.cinemablend.com/television/1615220/what-mark-hamill-will-miss-about-regular-show-the-most
>>
Am I the only one who gets the credits music stuck in their head.
>>
File: storyboard.png (1MB, 1064x3552px) Image search: [Google]
storyboard.png
1MB, 1064x3552px
I'd love to see this finale in the old show's way, with the rough watercolor backgrounds, swift and loose animation style, that audio difference during character lines, and the lines themselves being more of a "they play off of each other" thing rather than just getting the story out of the way for the most part.
>>
>>89302125
I could see one of the older episodes being about Mordecai and/or Rigby going primal. I'd love it, but it's a shame JG never wanted to focus on Mordecai's animal aspects and didn't like using Rigby's raccoon instincts beyond short jokes and remarks about eating out of the trash and being short.

An episode where Mordecai wants to fly / Rigby has to scavenge for food for awhile would've been cool.
>>
File: puppetting a dead animal.png (251KB, 1107x643px) Image search: [Google]
puppetting a dead animal.png
251KB, 1107x643px
>>89302125
>>
>>89302125
I also miss their random off-topic scenes just being dumb in the middle of a plot.
>>
I honestly didn't like the finale that much because it made Mordecai and Rigby not even feel like the main characters anymore

especially with the epilogue they were just like "yeah whatever they get kids and beards"
like is that really it?
after all the shit they went through they just get some generic ending like that?
>>
File: gasping.png (662KB, 1022x1820px) Image search: [Google]
gasping.png
662KB, 1022x1820px
>>89302283

>>89302334
Yea I never expected the series finale to have them as secondary mains.
>>
>>89302283
>>89302247
>>89302125
Seeing these makes me glad I archived the RS storyboards. Those I could get, I mean.

Back then when Skunked aired, there was actually a fair bit of discussion about it because the original pitch was released shortly after the premiere.

Some argued that the revised version was way funnier, while others argued that the original had more character moments and was heavier with that. Like Eileen really being sad at being yelled at by roided Rigby, and Mordecai suggesting he better apologize to her at the end. The revision dropped that n favor of a callback to a joke at the beginning of the episode.

>>89302334
Even though I really hate the ending, I think an epilogue like this makes sense for the more character driven side of the show. They also could have gone with something else, like, that they all end up Space Rangers. Or that Mordecai & Rigby leave the park, but do something else, living together or not. I would have been fine with that as well.
>>
File: special breed.png (178KB, 1012x426px) Image search: [Google]
special breed.png
178KB, 1012x426px
>>89302383
Out of all the cut character moments I really liked when Rigby was in the Skunk dude's cabin, it was pretty chill and made me like him a little more.

What boards did you get to archive?
>>
>>89302409
The Return of Mordecai & The Rigbys
TGI Tuesdays
Maxin & Relaxin
Skunked

The others are just single images or partial storyboards. Such as the original of Rigby's story from Terror Tales 4 and Every Meat Burrito.
>>
File: Mark.png (2MB, 1200x5536px) Image search: [Google]
Mark.png
2MB, 1200x5536px
>>89302409

>>89302440
Got any links? Like Maxin & Relaxin and The Return of Mordecai & The Rigbys? Or are they saved on your PC? Also are they final cuts or like Skunked as original drafts?

Also I've been trying to find the cut scene from the original Mordecai and The Rigbys episode where Benson shows them where all the band equipment is, and he reveals he used to be in a Band with a flashback of a female gumball machine dumping him for someone else. Happen to have it? It was a small scene release I think, not part of a full board upload.
>>
>>89302543
They are on my HD, but I have no way of uploading them at the moment.

I think they are supposed to be the final versions. I have never taken too detailed a look at them.

I unfortunately don't have that scene, no.
>>
File: Pops running.gif (499KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
Pops running.gif
499KB, 500x275px
Rest in Popsicles Pops
>>
>>89302567
No problem, man. Good to know those exist and I can probably find them eventually.
>>
File: garbage.png (1MB, 620x814px) Image search: [Google]
garbage.png
1MB, 620x814px
>Regular Show and Adventure Time have been going on so long we've seen the main characters have kids
>Adventure Time is already giving Jake's kids kids
God damn stop making me feel even older, this is uncomfortable.
>>
>>89302799
But theres a timeskip on RS and unicorns age faster.
>>
File: IMG_20170121_154645.jpg (3MB, 2304x4096px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170121_154645.jpg
3MB, 2304x4096px
>>89281135
Mad, boi?
>>
File: Red Velvet Death.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Red Velvet Death.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>89302821
Yea, coupled with RS ending the fact it was a timeskip still counts, because we're seeing them officially have kids AND it's all over now.

Same thing for AT but not as much on their kids having kids, even though we're still seeing it and they still have like 2 more fucking seasons to go.

>>89302852
I'm pretty sure he was referring to this.
>>
File: just for one day weed.jpg (64KB, 500x576px) Image search: [Google]
just for one day weed.jpg
64KB, 500x576px
No one ever talked about this after it flew around for a week like 3 years ago, was this real?
>>
File: dudes.jpg (82KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
dudes.jpg
82KB, 640x360px
mordecai and rigby are dead

cn is dead
>>
File: right for your oc.png (239KB, 596x435px) Image search: [Google]
right for your oc.png
239KB, 596x435px
>>89281246
>Who gives a shit about Party Horse?
Madeline.
>>
It needed more Mordecai and Rigby, less Party Horse, Streaming. and the baby fuck fighters. Keeping out Chance Sureshot, Recap Robot, and Sally would've given more time for the main core cast too, especially Mordo and Rigs.

I can't believe how secondary they were to the whole situation, even in the end. That said I still liked all the characters showing up and how it was executed, but I'd prefer more Mordecai and Rigby in the series finale over stuff like that.

Back in the early seasons I saw the series finale being character based, not plot based, with maybe Mordecai leaving the park and Rigby struggling to make something of his life after either quitting or getting fired with no one to bail him out.
>>
I thought there'd be a bit more meta shit with the drawing and everything and the 2B pencil. Have a vague feeling some shit was cut.
>>
File: insta.png (474KB, 594x594px) Image search: [Google]
insta.png
474KB, 594x594px
This is an image of some of the crew members watching people's reactions to the finale. What websites do you think they were on?
>>
File: 1477733157995.gif (140KB, 379x440px) Image search: [Google]
1477733157995.gif
140KB, 379x440px
The training montage episode has ruined Through the Fire and Flames for me because now it reminds me of Pop's sad ending.
>>
>>89272318
He also painted CJ.

But the writers wanted to give him someone new that also shared his love of art.
>>
>>89303675
Really looks like 4chan there... but it's impossible to tell. Kind of the same blueboard color, looks like a bottom-screen ad and a post with a picture included which is to the side.

Then again it might be Google.
>>
File: S5E11.178_Three_Ghosts.png (920KB, 842x473px) Image search: [Google]
S5E11.178_Three_Ghosts.png
920KB, 842x473px
Reminder that an afterlife exists in Regular Show.
>>
>>89303729
No shit, but Pops is confirmed dead and in Heaven as an Angel, he's not a ghost/spirit on Earth.
>>
>>89303743
>confirmed angel

No, he's not. Because the VCR pops out in some clouds? Nah.
>>
>>89303806
Nigger that was as close to heaven as you can get without him outright saying "Jolly good show, Heaven is so comfortable".

People like you with no sense of depth, context, and understanding, or even being practical, are so fucking annoying.
>>
>>89303833
I was just baiting someone into confirming it for me.

I wonder what happened to Anti-Pops.
>>
>>89303743
>>89303833

I think this is debatable mainly because the clouds that are shown in the final scene are the same color as the planet Lolliland

its obviously not a coincidence and meant to imply something a little more than just "Pop's went to heaven"
>>
File: 1474825233458.png (175KB, 361x357px) Image search: [Google]
1474825233458.png
175KB, 361x357px
>>89303844
>I was just baiting
also
>into confirming it for me
what?

Anti-Pops probably still went to "the underworld" for being the universe-made evil. He was destined and made by existence to be the ultimate evil of everything, to where he had the power to erase the series. Just because he undid what he did this time sadly wasn't enough. Pops healed his evil heart, and while it was still not his fault being born with his evil black heart, he paid the price by not getting into Heaven (presumably). It would've been nice if he had a nice chuckle off screen with what Pops said.
>>
File: mordecai faces.png (227KB, 458x288px) Image search: [Google]
mordecai faces.png
227KB, 458x288px
I don't know what's happening in the left image but I wish it made it into an episode.
>>
File: download (4).jpg (10KB, 124x186px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
10KB, 124x186px
Nah dude the steven universe ending is gonna be
WAYYYYYYYY
BEETTTTEERR
>>
>>89304109

honestly it probably will be

Steven Universe has like actual lore and continuity built up

its almost inconceivable that it won't be
>>
>>89304152
>its almost inconceivable that it won't be
I wouldn't go that far.
>>
>>89302567
Found the Pitch Board of TGI Tuesday.
https://www.scribd.com/document/119414780/Regular-Show-TGI-Tuesday-Pitch-Board
>>
>>89304216

I mean they could possibly fuck it up but it would really require them trying to I feel

like there are many possible paths they could take and most of those paths would be good endings they'd really have to just throw logic out the window to choose a "wrong" ending
>>
>>89304270
My point was you're being a little to heavy on how bad the RS finale would have to be in retrospect to how high of a pedestal you're putting the probable series finale on already, pushing RS down real low by saying they'd have to try to fuck up royally just to be lower than it.
>>
>>89302222
Quads confirmed. Mordo goes native and flies, shits on statues, and builds a nest for him and Margret.
>>
>>89272040
"Best" in the sense that it was the most satisfying knowing that this piece of shit is over. Only to be surpassed by SU or AT honestly
>>
>>89304243
Yes, most of them were on Scribd.

Either Salaff or Szeles removed a storyboard they originally uploaded, but I can't remember which.
>>
>>89304379
>shits on statues,
they could get away with it I'm sure, like having him crawl up/fly up on top of the park statue and showing the guys' reaction being grossed out during a montage, they'd totally be able to have done it in those old seasons before CN got so tight fisted
>>
>>89304356

eh a show like RS just doesn't lend itself well to conclusions
it was made in a format thats built to go on indefinitely

SU is like the opposite
from the very first episode it is already building to a conclusion
>>
>>89304532
That was Regular Show's core problem.

Trying to be character driven while otherwise being a cartoon as you know it with no regard for logic.
>>
File: Carlton.jpg (704KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Carlton.jpg
704KB, 1920x1080px
can you make me a sandwich?
>>
>>89272040
If the show was any good past S1, I would've agreed.
>>
File: 1485008494005.jpg (10KB, 348x145px) Image search: [Google]
1485008494005.jpg
10KB, 348x145px
>>89304532
>Su is like the opposite
More like it's what you think it's the opposite. The first seasons of SU didn't had foreshadowing at all.
>>
>>89304451
Depends if he shits like a human or a bird.
>>
>>89304787
They both shit from a hole at the bottom of their torso you dumb niggerbitch.
>>
>>89304819
Birds have like white spatter stuff. Totally different from humans.
>>
>>89304762
I do not think that early seasons should do that if the total runtime of the show is yet unknown. Their purpose should be ideally exposition and establishing the setting and characters.
>>
I really hope Quintel gets to work with Adult Swim, hell I'd take a season of Regular Show on Adult Swim
>>
File: ILUTGzY.jpg (115KB, 484x461px) Image search: [Google]
ILUTGzY.jpg
115KB, 484x461px
>you actually made me check the last episode
This is not the cartoon I used to enjoy back in S1&2
>>
>>89305062
You obviously dropped it for a reason, so I don't know why you're shocked.
>>
File: dude this blows.png (88KB, 358x397px) Image search: [Google]
dude this blows.png
88KB, 358x397px
>Mordecai's dumb unnamed bat wife we only saw for 3 seconds already has more porn than Death's wife we saw for 2+ episodes multiple years ago
>>
>>89306519
There's porn? I only saw like 3 relatively tame images.
>>
>>89306639
Look harder and you'll be rewarded with ugly bat porn that would probably look better if it was an MS Paint drawing.
>>
Would it be easy to get motion sickness or just dizzy walking around on the Park while it's drifting in space, or would it not be that noticeable?
>>
>>89272040
Not even close
>>
File: JS79260269-1.jpg (111KB, 615x820px) Image search: [Google]
JS79260269-1.jpg
111KB, 615x820px
>>89305293
Romance plots. Attempt at lore which lead to this abhorrent ending.
>>89306519
And also that
>>
>>89297474
Marvelfag detected
>>
>>89306519
Seems like the male genes pass on to the children with a couple traits from the mother. All of Mordo's kids are bluejays and all of Rigby's kida are raccoons.
>>
>>89307402
Then explain Margaret's father
>>
>>89307492
Could be a new father after the fact if we want to get deep into the topic.
>>
>no Party Tonight
wtf
>>
AH SNAP, AH SNAP
COME TO OUR MACARONI PARTY THEN WE'LL TAKE A NAP
>>
File: c23.jpg (8KB, 480x468px) Image search: [Google]
c23.jpg
8KB, 480x468px
>>89277816
>first Futurama series finale
>>
File: 1347162028458.png (450KB, 548x472px) Image search: [Google]
1347162028458.png
450KB, 548x472px
Not sure if this has been posted but here's JG's top ten Regular Show episode.
>>
>>89308880
That ones mine too!
>>
File: 1467611220805.png (110KB, 261x378px) Image search: [Google]
1467611220805.png
110KB, 261x378px
>>89308040
>>89308341
YOU'RE NOTHING WITHOUT YOUR LAMEEE BOOMBOX
YOU'RE NOTHING WITHOUT YOUR LAMEEE BOOMBOX
BOOMBOX BOOM. BOOMBOX BOOM. BOOMBOX BOOOOM.
WANNA REMIX, REMIX THIS.
>>
>>89297451
>>89308795
The series ended. Then after it was over for a while it was brought back.
>>
>>89309733
So the season ended and it went on hiatus then?
>>
>>89309779
IF you want to cherrypick situations, but it originally wasn't a hiatus and it was officially over. In retrospect it has most of the qualities of a hiatus, but it wasn't a network plan to separate episodes, it was officially over and episodes ceased production on purpose, and that was that.
>>
>hey sad sax guy
>hey benson
first episode of season 9 leaked dudes
>>
File: 1471244512071.png (363KB, 584x383px) Image search: [Google]
1471244512071.png
363KB, 584x383px
>>89308880
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gGc1OsJsW8
>>
File: the power pitch.png (2MB, 1596x900px) Image search: [Google]
the power pitch.png
2MB, 1596x900px
>>
File: girls.png (97KB, 589x493px) Image search: [Google]
girls.png
97KB, 589x493px
>>89310697
>that arm
>>
>>89310774
I was trying to remember what this scene was from so I could upload this image.

I hope everyone takes a good long look at this and realizes Mordecai was just drawn badly in the group shot and that he is still happy in the end.
>>
File: 1466996094638.jpg (48KB, 390x390px) Image search: [Google]
1466996094638.jpg
48KB, 390x390px
>>89272040
anyone else feeling like time just fucking stopped all these years and suddenly this show final shaked and woke up your fucking mind?

fuck 2010 was 7 years ago, 2000s kids will totally be a thing the next couple of years.
>>
>>89312257
I know it's a generic thing to say "where did the years go??" but I've never felt it more than 2010-2016. I don't know what happened, it felt like a dream. I'm not the kind to get drunk and waste my life away, in fact I think I've only drunk once or twice, but fuck it feels like I spent each day passing out or something.

It finally started to hit me big time late last year in one of these RS threads when I realized the movie had been released a year prior.
>>
It's been awhile since I've seen any episodes, just watched Benson's Car and I love the computer's way of saying Mordecai.
>"mordeca-eye, and rigby"
Would've been a pretty great joke to bring it back in the movie when Rigby was searching for Mordecai when they were going to the timenado near the end, instead it was said correctly.
>>
>>89272040
I mean, Ed Edd n Eddy... Codename Kids Next Door.. Courage... it seems like people only keep in mind the Gravity Falls finale and it did beat that.

>>89272087
Everything in "The Power" felt forced and rushed. Like how quickly the montage started after the news report began, it was so quick it was after his first line, and we just had a serious (beat) moment, there needed to be just a little longer of no music and just talking, hell maybe even just a still of the news building before showing him talking would've helped, it was all downhill from there.
>>
>>89297923
It's not terrible or lazy writing. It's more realistic than him ending up with either of them. The point is that you're not always going to fall in love with your highschool/young adult sweethearts, you're not "meant to be". You meet new people over the course of your life.
>>
>>89314464
>It's more realistic
Yea, so it was accidentally smart, but it was obvious they were fucking shitty with it.

I don't think people on /co/ hate it just because it was a random who though, but because of how quick it was to where it should've just been open for interpretation who he ended up with, like hell, keep the scene with them on the steps with him having the ring on his finger but cut out him meeting the bat girl and her laughing with Eileen. Then as they're gathering to the photo, thats when the music should fade to 15% volume, have their dialogue start with just "she couldn't be here, she's watching the kids" or something, and have them take the picture all together still excluding her, then go to that said step scene.

Or hell just add one extra scene with them talking and interacting beyond the "I bumped into you during the montage because we were sliding for some reason" and then they're hardly seen together doing anything. Hell she didn't even hug or kiss him on-screen.
>>
IM THE PIZZA KING

post favorite quotes in memory of one of the better shows this generation had
>>
>>89315148
"It takes guests, with breasts, and mine don't count."
>>
>>89315298
How could I forget.

Man Party Pete was so forgettable to me. Same for the sequel episode.
>>
File: 1484715679268.png (104KB, 364x229px) Image search: [Google]
1484715679268.png
104KB, 364x229px
>>89315148
"Yeah Rigby whip it out!"
Nearly pissed myself when Mordo said this.
>>
>>89315411
Didn't Rigby respond with something like "Whip pleasure"? and JG's delivery was solid.
>>
>>89315148
Too many. Some of them would be "Don't look at our crotches while we synchronize or watches", "You pissed me off", "I WAS TAKING A NAP", and "Skips is gonna be so surprised when he comes in and sees us totally naked"/"It's not that kind of party Muscle Man"/"Aw.... don't turn on the lights."
>>
>>89315664
"Eh, eh, eh! Gotta cover the finder's fee, remember?
>>
>>89273452

Preaching to the choir here, bro.

The fucking economy crashing screwed everything up.

Although, part of the blame is me choosing a shitty major when I went to college.
>>
>>89273417

>middle school
>realize the show has been on for over 6+ years

I left highschool when it started, good lord.
>>
>>89297520
beautiful
>>
I just remember that part where Rigby starts throwing trash at Benson and Benson looses his shit and starts smashing the ground and screaming. Probably the hardest I've ever laughed watching the show.
>>
>>89317719
https://youtu.be/F2SFKglMRxM
>>
>>89314040
people only keep GF's ending in mind because of how bad it was, People for some reason remember the shit more than the gold
>>
>>89307260
The ending was fucking awesome.
>>
>>89306519
>Boo hoo muh angry cloud and mary sue cardinal didnt get end game, Boo hoo muh off screen plot happened that i didnt get to see.
>>
Is the Regular Show finale really that good? From what I've heard happens on /co/ it seems like a lot of shit comes out of nowhere
>>
>>89314464
Then why does it only apply to him? You can't pull the realism card and then then make it an exception.
>>
>>89321744
The actual finale is pretty much RS standard fare as you know it with some meta thrown in.

It's the epilogue many people have issues with.
Thread posts: 237
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.