[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shazam! To Split Into Two Films: Dwayne Johnson To Star As ‘Black

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 19

File: Adam.jpg (72KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
Adam.jpg
72KB, 600x300px
>The New Line DC property Shazam! has morphed into two pictures. Black Adam has proved vibrant enough to become its own film, to star Dwayne Johnson. He was excited enough about his meeting last week at the studio to tweet his happiness, after a hard shoot on the newest Fast & Furious installment. It is looking like yet another franchise for the amiable big man. MORE

BASED

http://deadline.com/2017/01/shazan-dwayne-johnson-black-adam-1201889902/
>>
They do know he's supposed to be the villain, right?
>>
>still no billy
>>
>>89260146
He's not important look THE ROCK IS IN THIS!
>>
>>89260134
>villain
>>
>>89260134
I'm starting to think that the movie is going to be about Black Adam falling to the darkness and Billy taking his place. like they'll be equal in the story.
>>
>>89260134

They can do an origin movie taking place during Black Adam was a hero.
>>
>>89260146
>Let's pick a kid years before the movie starts shooting.
>>
>>89260084
Its gonna be fun to watch nick mundy about face on DC because its the rock with his own movie
>>
>>89260134
Black Adam is an anti-hero.
>>
>>89260134
He's a villain and anti hero though
>>
>>89260084
So Shazam is cancelled, okay.
>>
>>89260084
>superhero movie set in Ancient Egypt about a hero rising up and saving his people but getting corrupted by the power and becoming more and more brutal until he's a villain

I'm down
>>
>>89260323
Yeah, Adam's backstory is great movie material so it would be awesome to see his rise and fall, which would then contrast Billy's 'pure hearted-ness'.
>>
>>89260084
>>89260323

As cool as this may sound, I JUST WANT A CAPTAIN MARVEL MOVIE

I'm pretty sure they can tell the whole Black Adam history during the first act of the movie. They don't need a whole movie full of fillers just to tell a compelling story about an "anti-hero"/villain.
>>
>>89260183
Ah, so he's Anakin Skywalker.
>>
They just can't mess this one up, right?

Black Adam's not Superman, who has some haters. Everyone loves BA, the character itself will save the movie.

Right?
>>
>>89260369
But that would just be pushing Billy aside in his own movie.
This way we can have an entire movie focusing on Adam's rise and fall (assuming that's the direction they go in) and one focusing on Billy becoming a hero and not being corrupted like Adam.
>>
File: Barracuda.jpg (40KB, 600x301px) Image search: [Google]
Barracuda.jpg
40KB, 600x301px
>>89260084
>we're not getting a Shazam movie
>we´re getting two
>>
>>89260450
The Rock doesn't have the chops for the role.

Splitting the movie in two parts sounds tricky

The movie SHOULD be easily to script, but you never know with hollywood...
>>
>>89260134
>people on /co/ are this casual

He is an anti hero. He switches sides all the time.
>>
>Inb4 Shazam doesnt only become the DCEU's best recieved movie but Shazam joins the leagues of Spider-man as heroes loved by children so DC gets the other movies cancelled out of spite
>>
THE WHOLE MARVEL FAMILY IS GETTING THAT GOTG SYNERGY PUSH! INCOMING TAWKY TAWNY AND THE WIZARD SOLO BOOKS!
>>
>>89260455
>This way we can have an entire movie focusing on Adam's rise and fall (assuming that's the direction they go in) and one focusing on Billy becoming a hero and not being corrupted like Adam.
Dwayne Johnson starring as a ancient Egyptian hero in the past, who's a villain in the present? What could go wrong?
>>
File: 1403460452084.gif (3MB, 178x179px) Image search: [Google]
1403460452084.gif
3MB, 178x179px
>>89260084
>DC
>BASED

>>89260134
of course they don't
>>
>>89260134

>Black Adam
>A villain

He's more heroic than half of marvel's current roster
>>
File: 1348386220480.jpg (51KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
1348386220480.jpg
51KB, 460x460px
>Could possibly be getting a Rise and Fall of Black Adam
>>
File: Monstercomic.jpg (121KB, 396x396px) Image search: [Google]
Monstercomic.jpg
121KB, 396x396px
>>89260369
I don't think it has to be filler though. They can re-purpose a DC villain to be the antagonist. Fuck, the Crocodile Men would fit into an Ancient Egypt story. I don't see the bad part of a focused villain origin movie. We really haven't had one ever that I can recall. Then Shazam! can focus on Billy.
>>
>>89260737
Oh come on, that's like saying movies where Chris Evans play a superhero are bad because Fantastic Four was bad.
>>
File: shazcenax-161796.jpg (182KB, 800x1031px) Image search: [Google]
shazcenax-161796.jpg
182KB, 800x1031px
NO CENA - NO WATCH
>>
>>89260725
I've been saying it for a long time: kids would love Shazam if DC gave him a little push. It's a fucking kid that becomes a Superman-like hero, with a cooler costume and lightnings. Shazam will save the DCEU (if DC lets him).
>>
What is the fucking point? Black Adam is just a foil for Captain Marvel. His only importance is in tying to Billy's own story. This is like if Iron Man 1 was about Howard Stark running around with Peggy Carter in the fifties.
>>
>>89260737
He would be a villain by the end of the film, moron.
>Dwayne Johnson starring as a ancient Egyptian hero in the past, who's a villain in the present? What could go wrong?
>hurr we should do everything the same as always and never try to do anything different in superhero films

Nice mentality, fagtron.
>>
>>89260793
and if he were anywhere but the MCU we would and we would be right
>>
>>89260742
>DC
>BASED
Correct.
>>
>>89260812
>kids would love Shazam if DC gave him a little push
False. I hated him as a kid. Most kids don't self insert in stuff.
>>
>>89260084
>despite having no successful movies as of this date, DC has decided to make the film of one of their least popular characters on the slate a two-parter

Smart!
>>
>>89260815
Not even close to the same thing. Black Adam is an important character on his own who can lead a film. If you're trying to say a Howard Stark movie has the same level of appeal and chance to be awesome as a fucking Black Adam movie then you're a moron.
>>
>>89260852
> I am all kids
>all kids have the same opinions and tastes as me
nice
>>
File: DC = shit.png (269KB, 746x560px) Image search: [Google]
DC = shit.png
269KB, 746x560px
>>89260820
>we should do everything the same as always and never try to do anything different in superhero films
exactly
>>
>>89260858
>character had his own TV show in the 70s
>appeared in most animated TV series and games in the past 15 or so years
>large fan following
>one of their least popular characters
wew
>>
>>89260858
Black Adam was in Injustice. Enough normies will flock to it because of that and The Rock.
>>
>>89260084
I actually think it's a bad idea.
>>
>>89260901
>Suicide Squad would be the same as a Black Adam movie
>Movie about Ancient Egyptian rising up and destroying his oppressors and eventually becoming an oppressor himself is the same as a movie about a team of supervillains who become heroes while obnoxious top 40 music plays throughout
>>
>>89260936
I know that this is your assigned shilling day, judging by the powerless thread that you possibly also put up, but your powers are meaningless here.

>>89260959
Yeah, to the first one. But then it will bomb because DC can't make good movies and the character isn't popular enough to sustain the second.
>>
>>89260084
>Black Adam is the first supervillain to get his own movie
I'm down with this. Too bad it's all getting canned when Justice League can't break $900 million.
>>
>>89260084
>implying it's going to get this far

This is no difference than Sony spitballing with their fucking Spiderverse as ASM 2 was failing in theatres
Remember the fucking Aunt May solo spinoff movie plans?

Yeah.

The DCEU will be shuttered if WW and JL fail.
And the signs aren't good

I have my doubt that even Aquaman will finish up if the two first ones don't revitalize the franchise
>>
>>89261010
>Too bad it's all getting canned when Justice League can't break $900 million.
you know that won't happen.
>>
>>89260852
>Most kids don't self insert in stuff.
if any of that was true Spider-man wouldnt be nearly as big as he is today
>>
>>89261037
Aquaman starts filming around May. It will be done filming by the time Justice League is out in theaters.
>>
>>89261143
They must be nervously eyeing WW then

I can't imagine any franchise surviving three failed movies
Two is hard enough
>>
>>89261143
Earlier, I think.
Momoa and Wan go fly to Australia in March, if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>89260812
Why are you implying DC wouldn't let Shazam save the DCEU (if that were ever to happen, which I doubt)?
>>
>>89261068
People once though BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN making over $1 billion was a certainty.

JUSTICE LEAGUE doesn't have nearly as much hype as it once did, and it's up against STAR WARS. Bad word of mouth could easily keep it under $900, and even vocal supporters of the DCEU in the insider business said that it needs to gross at least more than BvS to be considered a success.
>>
>>89260084
>The third DCEU movie centered around villains

Who the fuck is in charge? Did they just realize they can't write heroes for shit?
>>
>>89261296
Suicide Squad made gangbusters, what do you expect?
>>
>>89261272
Shazam it's a Superman rip-off. DC keeps him going (barely) because people like him (kinda). But they can't have two Supermans sharing the spotlight, so he hasn't done shit in decades, even though his power set should make him a first class member of the Justice League.
>>
>>89261296
The most horrifying part of this is that Letoker stands a chance of getting a solo film.
>>
>>89261325
>Suicide Squad made gangbusters
it was a huge bomb both critically and financially once you factor in the marketing

the DCEU has never had a successful movie and never will
>>
>>89261095
Kids don't self insert as Spider-man, manchildren do. Kids like Spider-man because he has cool powers and a cool colorful costume.
>>
>>89261204
they'll have 5 by christmas
>>
>>89261419
Let's not spread bullshit here. "Suicide Squad" was a bad movie, but it was extremely succesful.
>>
>>89260808
>how to murder a franchise in one casting call
>>
No one asked for a Black Adam movie, why are they doubling down on these characters that casuals don't give a single fuck about?
>>
>>89261543
well who would you cast?

keep in mind no one with any actual talent will get within 52 feet of a DC movie
>>
>>89261470
No, it really was a failure

It only made 400M international
That's almost half of what Civil War did.
>>
>>89260084
Someone put the Rock and WB into the "Look at me, I am the Captain now" scene.
I think this is cool though
>>
Meme actor for a meme character.
It's like poetry
>>
>>89261609
400m is still a solid number for a blockbuster in August. It made more than GOTG and that became a franchise.
>>
I'm glad they're moving in a more lighthearted direction with a movie about a mass murderer super villain
>>
File: 1244644889643.jpg (93KB, 1152x653px) Image search: [Google]
1244644889643.jpg
93KB, 1152x653px
>>89260084
Okay, this seems rather premature and ill-advised, seeing as we don't even have a Shazam movie yet, but it could work because Adam is a great character and the Rock is a decent actor.

That being said, I hope we get Billy's movie first so we can get Adam properly contextualized before they do an entire origin movie for him. I think it's important to see Billy being his own hero first before seeing Adam trying and failing.

Make his movie a prequel that comes out after Shazam! and I'll be cool with whatever happens.
>>
>Johns gets one of his husbandos a movie

Captain Cold movie WHEN

Sinestro movie WHEN
>>
File: Updated_Captain_Marvel_Logo.jpg (314KB, 3000x2025px) Image search: [Google]
Updated_Captain_Marvel_Logo.jpg
314KB, 3000x2025px
>>89260369
>As cool as this may sound, I JUST WANT A CAPTAIN MARVEL MOVIE

>>
>>89260084
Well if DC wants to drill more holes in their sinking ship that's their business.
>>
People, it's not a two-parter, they became two completely standalone franchises.

>Dwayne Johnson had a big meeting at DC Entertainment last week and we now know why. The Hollywood Reporter reveals that New Line is developing a solo outing for Black Adam, a movie which will stand apart from Shazam. In fact, they now sound like two totally separate franchises as he's no longer set to appear in the movie at all. Instead, it's thought the two could meet down the line.

>Apparently, after meeting with Johnson, it was decided by studio execs that having the wrestler turned Hollywood A-Lister just play a supporting role in Shazam as that movie's villain would be a waste and that he would be better off with his own feature. As of right now, no one is attached to work on Black Adam, though the trade mentions that Henry Gayden (Earth to Echo) is penning the Shazam script.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/shazam/shazam-becomes-two-movies-as-dwayne-johnsons-black-adam-gets-his-own-solo-a148310

This is interesting, though.

>Here's where things get really interesting, though. Borys Kit notes on Twitter that it's possible we'll meet Black Adam for the first time in Aquaman next year.

We've had a leak a couple of weeks back that said the exact same thing. I'm inclined to believe it could be real now.
>>
>>89261962
The leak.

>THE BATMAN is slated for April 6, 2018. Production is further along than it appears, Deathstroke won't be the only villain.

>GOTHAM CITY SIRENS is also further along than it appears, slated for June 8, 2016. Catwoman will be order, Poison Ivy will be the same age as Harley Quinn. The Riddler is the villain.

>Black Manta will be in AQUAMAN, and an actor has been cast already. Black Adam will appear in a post-credits scene.

>GREEN LANTERN CORPS is slated for June 14, 2019. John Stewart is the main character. He's a rookie, Hal Jordan is a veteran, and they're begrudgingly partnered together to fight the Red Lantern Corps. Sinestro is Hal's mentor and is presumed dead.

>JUSTICE LEAGUE 2 is slated for November 1, 2019. Zack Snyder is back. Darkseid will be the villain, but story arcs about the Legion of Doom and the Throne of Atlantis have also been discussed.

>SHAZAM is slated for April 5, 2019. The Wizard has been cast. Movie centers on Captain Marvel and Black Adam fighting, and Superman appears.

This is the one that makes the whole thing sound iffy.
>>
>>89262135
This smacks of the Sony Spider-man leaks
>>
>>89260146
they should just have Johnson play both Cap and Adam just get some unknown kid to be billy
>>
>>89261962
Nothing in THR’s report sounds to me like Black Adam being it’s own franchise.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dwayne-johnsons-dc-villain-black-adam-getting-his-own-movie-966008
>>
>>89260323
>Ancient Egypt
>Fawcett Comics character

Ibis the Invincible confirmed
>>
>>89260084
Why do I get the feeling they actually diverting funds and will silently shuffle off the actual Shazam! movie in favor of the big money draw of Dwayne?
>>
>>89262303
Because with 4 or 5 disasters already under their belt, they're now desperate to do something that's more likely to work instead of taking chances.
>>
You know if they wanted to reboot the DCEU, Black Adams movie would be a good place to start
>>
>>89261005
>everyone I don't agree with is a shill
okay
>>
>>89261962
>Henry Gayden (Earth to Echo) is penning the Shazam script
[vomiting]
>>
>>89262249
>To execs, it made no sense to have a man of Johnson’s stature be just a villain and a supporting character in an expensive tentpole. Thus a decision was made to spin Black Adam into his own film.
>>
File: Ahk-Ton_Metamorpho_0001.jpg (85KB, 392x585px) Image search: [Google]
Ahk-Ton_Metamorpho_0001.jpg
85KB, 392x585px
>>89260780
Ahk-Ton for villain.
>>
File: DChad.png (889KB, 697x739px) Image search: [Google]
DChad.png
889KB, 697x739px
>>89260084
>Step aside, Snyder. I'll show you how it's done.
>>
>>89260839
Then why is black Wally still alive
>>
>>89260134
He is. It's just that autistic retards (like /co/ and The Rock) like to think he's some anti-hero/dindu (these are the same retards that think Purple is a good guy). WB is going to try and make Black Adam a superhero when him being a villain is what made him cool. They are trying to turn BA into a good guy like Malificent (which was already a shitty idea).

Seriously, Black Adam is a evil jerk. AND THAT'S OKAY. That's what makes him great. Don't puppyfy him to be a hero. Billy is suppose to be the hero. Black Adam is suppose to be the villain he fights. It's so fuckig simple, yet no or gets it (not even /co/).
>>
>>89263166
they didn't kill off white wally either so...
>>
>>89263244
> It's just that autistic retards (like /co/ and The Rock) like to think he's some anti-hero/dindu

It's almost like for 15 years he was an anti-hero or something.
>>
>>89263244
it's ironic because then the same people complain about Harley being turned into an anti-hero
>>
>>89263244
So is Sinestro a villain anon?
>>
>>89263244
>every character must be 100% hero or pure evil, I can't accept that some characters may be in the grey area between those two opposites, even though we had had a lot of story arcs about him being in the middle
>>
>>89263244
It's almost like 52 never happened..
>>
>>89263166
White Wally's still here and a centerpiece of Rebirth so
>>
So would the Wizard be the "villain" of this movie? Seeing Adam get flung into deep space might be fun to see
>>
>>89263357
Seriously, WB/Rock are just going to try and make Black Adam the Scorpion King. And when it fails and backfires they will blame the character.

Just make Black Adam a evil dick and have him fight Billy.
>>
>>89263376
...Yes. Are you saying he's not?
>>89263244
>>89263357
He can be a villain and still have a movie that shows how he became a villain. Black Adm has never presented as always being evil like Maleficent had been. Or Harley Quinn. He was a former champion. So at some pint he was a hero and champion for good. What the fuck is wrong with showing the story of how he fell from grace?
>>
>>89263477

or just find a hero that The Rock is a good fit for. why the hell can't he play Captain Marvel anyway
>>
>>89263477
>Just make Black Adam a evil dick and have him fight Billy.
Because that's not all of his character? He basically is Scorpion King is certain ways. Except he turns evil. But he once was a hero. And even when he turns from he good he's historically done many things to help.protect Khandaq.
>>
>>89263551
Enjoy your shitty Scorpion King-ripoff

I look forward for when this film bombs and you all backtrack on it.

>I never said Black Adam was a hero!
>Black Adam is a bad guy! I always believed this! Totes!
>>
>Finally a spiritual sequel to The Scorpion King starring The Rock

Based.
>>
>>89263845
>wanting a spiritual sequel to The Scorpion King starring The Rock
>wanting Black Adam to be the Scorpion King
Cancer
>>
>>89263498
Might point being both Black Adam and Sinestro have done morally gray things in the pursuit of what they think is the greater good. Saying they're just villains is a bit of a misclassification. Adam protects his people, a good number of Kandaq actually likes him
>>
>>89263885
>being this literal
>>
>>89263915
Let me guess, you think Dr Doom isn't a villain too, huh? You're one of THOSE, huh?
>>
>>89260084
A Black Adam movie just seems... questionable. I mean, DC has really liked Black Adam for a log time now, to the point that he was pushed over Captain Marvel himself, but I kind of thought we were over that.
>>
>>89260323
Isn't that the plot to Scorpion King?
>>
>>89260858
>despite having no successful movies as of this date

Proof?
>>
>>89264006
Anon you're getting assblasted over a fucking label on what to classify Adam. The fact that we're having this debate says a lot about his character. What's wrong with showing his descent into martial law? He's still going to be the antagonist of the SHAZAM movie so you're getting mad over fucking nothing. You know shit about Black Adam
>>
>>89264055
They are doing it because they have the Rock playing Black Adam. They assume that by casting The Rock as Black Adam they will instantly get money and be a success. Same thing with Will Smith as Deadshot. And you got The Rock trying to make Black Adam into a superhero dindu instead of a slightly sympathetic dickish villain.

It's going to blow up in everyone's faces.
>>
>>89261419
>it was a huge bomb both critically and financially once you factor in the marketing

Substantiate your claims.
>>
>>89260246
So should be right in Dwayne Johnsons wheelhouse.

I miss the attitude era.
>>
File: muffdiva-diesel-dyke.jpg (81KB, 398x784px) Image search: [Google]
muffdiva-diesel-dyke.jpg
81KB, 398x784px
>>89261893
>make a Diesel Dyke movie
>name it after Billy

what the fuck was Marvel thinking
>>
>>89264128
Oh my god, you DO think Dr doom is a hero don't you? My god you and your ilk are so fucking retarded.
>This character had a bad thing happen to them, therefore, they are a hero even if they kill and conquer people
My god, you people are so retarded that Peter Griffen would even say "Damn, that's retarded". Enjoy your Scorpion King remake.
>>
>>89263244
You literally don't know anything about Black Adam.
>>
File: Black Adam above.jpg (100KB, 742x396px) Image search: [Google]
Black Adam above.jpg
100KB, 742x396px
>>89264231
>So should be right in Dwayne Johnsons wheelhouse.
Not at all. He's not a very gifted actor so he's not versatile. The characters he plays are mostly all very intense, while Black Adam has a more nonchalant, he's not he type to scream and shout and threaten. This casting is a blunder and a meme.
>>
>>89264286
Pull your fucking head in dude.

Black Adam WAS a hero. Now, he is not. That is his backstory. They want to tell his backstory and how he becomes a villain. Are you really this dense?
>>
>>89264375
>Are you really this dense?
Are you? The guy has been shitposting from the very start and when he says something like "he conquers people" then it's supposed to be pretty obvious he's baiting since everyone knows that's Adam's one central thing, he hates slavery and wants to liberate everyone, despite some of his extreme methods. But here you are enabling that guy's shitposting. Says a lot about you and this shit board. Just so you know, without people like you, there would be no shitposters.
>>
>>89260084
DOA
>>
>>89264375
Oh please, they want to turn him into Superman (especially after they ruined him). It's why they are trying to give him his own franchise. He'll be as much as a villain as NuMaleficent. And it's going to blow up in their faces. Badly.
>>
>>89264286
Yeah I'm done with this, should have known better, have a pity (you)
>>
>>89260134
There are villains good enough to carry their own movies. You can make an entire movie about Magneto
>>
ITT: Marvelkids triggered because DC is interested on making their villains great.
>>
>>89260134
WB is obsessed with trying to make DC villains into good guys. Instead of just using DC superheroes. Harley Quinn is leading Poison Ivy and Catwoman in a solo movie. Suicide Squad is suppose to get a sequel. And a Deadshot solo.
>>
>>89264580
They trying to make their villains into dindu heroes. Which will blow up in their face.
>>
>>89264662
>DC is making it's Villains into Heroes
>Marvel is making it's Heroes into Villains
Interesting how that goes.
>>
>>89264730
Marvel Heroes will always be Heroes.

You never seem them kill innocents or act completely OOC.
>>
>>89264773
>You never seem them kill innocents or act completely OOC.
>You never seem them kill innocents
Bucky was innocent. Tony still tried to tear his head off.
>>
File: black adam.jpg (992KB, 2048x1566px) Image search: [Google]
black adam.jpg
992KB, 2048x1566px
>>89260084
I hope this one is actually good.

Based Billy and Based Teth getting the recognition they deserve.
>>
>>89264637
Are you not familiar with the Gotham City Sirens franchise?
>>
>>89260134
fpwp
>>
>>89260852
>Most kids don't self insert in stuff.

What is Robin? What is Spider-Man?
>>
File: 1420244943984.jpg (282KB, 1200x902px) Image search: [Google]
1420244943984.jpg
282KB, 1200x902px
>>89260084
Man, I remember when I woulda been hyped as fuck to hear this. Adam's a fucking great character but DC has no fucking clue what it's doing anymore. An entire movie about him sounds insane, especially this early.

By the way, where the fuck is Adam in the comics right now? Last time we saw him was Forever Evil.
>>
>>89260901

>Group think: the post

Well done for proving you're a drone.

If you don't like any of the DC movies that's fine, but at least have your own opinions on why you don't like them as opposed to looking at whether you should or shouldn't like them based on what other's think.

For example, I didn't like Suicide Squad. I thought it was a cluster-fucking which didn't even let House of the Rising Sun finish which it fucking opened with. It didn't have a proper villain. While Will Smith, Viola Davis, and Joel Cinnamen(?) were good in it they didn't have nearly enough to work with.

If it had just been the Suicide Squad doing wetworks for the US against some who gives a fuck villain who is threatening US interests I would have liked it a lot more.

Oh, and it also suffered from both too much and not enough Joker.

Look see, it wasn't hard to me to explain my rationale, and not just post a jgp from Rotten Tomatoes.
>>
>>89261204
>I can't imagine any franchise surviving three failed movies

You realise than none of their movies have failed commercially yet right? While BvS under performed it still made WB a lot of money.

As did Suicide Squad.

As did Man of Steel.
>>
>>89261609

So Guardians of the Galaxy is a failure then?
>>
can someone rec some essential Black Adam and Cap Marvel? Hero,villian, both, any story so long as it's good or fun.
>>
>>89263244
>Black Adam is suppose to be the villain he fights.

Part of what makes Black Adam a really compelling villain is that he does view himself as a hero, and he's very anti-authoritarian.

Like in Forever Evil where he just is like "fuck you Ultraman" and doesn't need to wait for Lex's call like the other villains do.

I'm not disagreeing that he isn't a villain, but he is a tragic villain who is very much the hero in his own mind.
>>
>>89265842
Yes, he is a sympathetic villain. But the problem is that with some villains is that idiots take out the villain part of villains which is what made them interesting. Then you get stuff like that shitty Maleficent movie. Being sympathetic doesn't mean they should go full misunderstood hero.

If Black Adam's movie actually does a good job at making him a sympathetic villain and not a misunderstood hero then more power to them. I have a bad feeling in my guy it's going to go the other way though.
>>
>>89265722
People seem to believe that under performing is equivalent to flopping.

>>89264264
Really wish we could storytime these, they have some fun stories and pretty decent 90s art.

>>89261597
Seems like Snyder and Wan aren't having that problem.

>>89261419
>muh marketing
love this meme. never fails to make me smile.

Zack Snyder also messed up MoS so much that WB gave him even more money and control to make BvS.
>>
>>89264909
Of course not. This board is infested with /tv/tards now that think they have a clue about what they are talking about.
>>
IF YA SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
>>
> Black Adam has proved vibrant enough to become its own film,

Translation: Dwayne Johnson has proved profitable enough for his own film.

This probably a bad idea.
>>
>>89260815
You are clearly in need of reading more Black Adam
>>
>>89265937
well WB is run by morons and is the second worst company after Sony
>>
>>89266224
still making money. More than sony can say.
>>
>Marvel's shitty villains are killed off in 1 movie
>DC's villains get their own movies
>>
Mite b cool.
>>
This is probably going to bomb, I don't give a fuck though I am so stoked.
>>
Eh, I expect him to join the JL and betray them later, which is how Billy replaces him
>>
>>89265661
RIP Atom Smasher.
>>
>Black Adam movie before Flash or Green Lantern
I can't wait till the DCEU fails. Do it right next time
>>
What if the Rock is also playing Shazam the wizard and Captain Marvel?

Since the Rock is Shazam, the power of Shazam turns the bearer into the Rock
>>
>>89266140
Is it though? The casual audience fucking loves the Rock. If they need to use him to star solo in a movie to grab that audience, then why not
>>
>>89269663
>implying there will be a next time
>>
>>89260134
I'm not entirely sure they do.
>>
>>89269202
I see nothing wrong with this. Only the numales that read AVclub get upset about villains as they furiously pounding out college lengthy level of essays about how triggered they were that margot robbie spends most of the movie in spangled short shorts.
>>
>>89269663
>next time
there is no next time there will never be a next time unless the MCU ends which it never will

DC is dead and thank god for that
>>
File: 1432282034145.jpg (11KB, 328x277px) Image search: [Google]
1432282034145.jpg
11KB, 328x277px
>>89261552

>nobody gave a fuck about iron man and thor before 2008

> make movie

> now they do

gee .....what senseless logic is this, amirite?
>>
File: 1431632411988.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1431632411988.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>89264773
>You never seem them kill innocents or act completely OOC.

wasnt that the main plot of civil war ? ( including wanda killing those people in that building) add in all the collateral damage ( including ruining zemo's life) and your statement gets more ridiculous the more I read it marvelcuck.
>>
>>89264184
>trying to make Black Adam into a superhero dindu instead of a slightly sympathetic dickish villain

worked for Iron Man
>>
>>89262781
Only if that means i can get my boy shift to show up afterwards
>>
>>89264264
Marvel's Captain Marvel was around since at least the 70s

knowthelore.jpg
>>
>>89262835
>>89260839
>>>/tv/ is that way
Thread posts: 167
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.