[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go to one of the best animation schools in the country >make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 479
Thread images: 49

File: tumblr the short.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr the short.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
>go to one of the best animation schools in the country
>make an animated short using your human designs for a genger and cyndaquil
>has no story
>has no interesting concept
>has no interesting dialogue
>ends with an out-of-nowhere kissing gag cause omg I love my gay OCs
>graduate with top marks

Is this really who we should expect to be making our cartoons in America?
>>
And I'm not gonna shill this shit in the OP post so the only way to endure this is to see the thread and not just browse the catalog, but here's the short:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKGeJXk2qWQ
>>
>>89257165
this wasn't very good. I could see something good being made in this style, like it was overall pleasant to look at, but the character designs were too fruity for my taste and the premise could be described as 'lacking' at best.

i guess with animators it doesn't matter if they can't write or have any original ideas, right? As long as they're not directing.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
I'm gonna equal out that shitfest with some Becky Prim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcchrgJgryo
>>
>>89257514
was the animator of this short coached by john k at any given point in his life? i get a lot of ren and stimpy vibes from it.
>>
File: trump4.jpg (23KB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
trump4.jpg
23KB, 630x354px
>>89257148

yes OP, I too fly into an autistic rage every time someone completely unqualified gets success they don't deserve.
>>
>make a short about two convenience store clerks taking acid, it becomes a hit children's cartoon and runs for like eight years
>>
>>89257165
>0:16
That's some atrocious animation
>>
>>89257673
That short exuded a natural humor.
>>
>>89257783

>DUDE WEED LMAO
>"""""""""""""""""humor""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>89257673
>get a show
>have it ruined by some chick shoving her ukelele and LGBT agenda down your throat
>she then abandons ship and leave the rest of the crew desperate to try and fix your mess
>and then you abandon ship and turn a once beloved cartoon into a fucking mess

>get a show
>try to be a perfectionist about it
>get burnt out and wanted to quit after 20 episodes

>get a show
>abandon your own unique art style so your lesser crew has an easier time drawing them (and still draw them off-model)
>hire a Tumblr artist who tries to ship two characters and throws a tantrum when she can't
>what goes around comes around, huh, Sugar?

>get a show
>make it about two dudebros
>then completely lose sight of what made it charming and make it Relationship Show
>lose the majority of your fanbase
>have the network treat it poorly with no advertisement and bad scheduling
>maybe if you stuck with episodic dudebro humor like TTG instead of constantly shoving in crappy love interests, you'd still be on the air

>get a show
>try something different
>want to be weird and cartoony in the face of the DEEP L0RE craze.
>have people shit on it when it sets foot next to the space lesbian show
>call it crap without ever seeing it, then have CN fire the crew but still pretend like new episodes are being made when they just split the seasons up.

>be a veteran
>get your third show
>network doesn't trust you despite you creating Powerpuff Girls
>refuses to let you write it the way you want
>finally lets you but says the series is cancelled before season 2 even premieres
>begs for season 3
>denied
>has to watch a younger, brattier creator on the same network flaunt that Disney is trying to suck his cock for a third season is is refusing
>then face news as CN reboots PPG without you

It seems like artists in this industry are either mistreated, act like babies, or both. But hey, at least it's not as bad as the comics industry.
>>
>>89257474
>i guess with animators it doesn't matter if they can't write or have any original ideas, right? As long as they're not directing.
except there are next to no animation jobs in america and this person will most likely be getting a storyboarding job. which means it'll literally be her job to semi-direct and depending on the show, even write.
>>
>>89257514
never seen it before even if /co/ kept praising it.

Why the hell no-one told me there was a ghost in it!?! I love those kind of things

also this>>89257599 I found it more pleasant to watch than a lot of Jhon K's products thought.

here's my contribution.
https://youtu.be/0l940bPkV1o
>>
>>89257911
What is #5?
>>
File: thumbnail_51331.png (165KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_51331.png
165KB, 640x360px
>>89258093
>>
>>89257911
autism
>>
>>89258093
Uncle Grandpa I think
>>
>>89258093

I believe he's talking about Uncle Grandpa.
>>
>>89258112
buzzword
>>
File: 1456368802324.png (144KB, 500x304px) Image search: [Google]
1456368802324.png
144KB, 500x304px
>>89257911
>that McCracken one

i'm still suffering over Wander

>SU artist throws a tantrum when she can't ship two characters.

now that's new. what happened?
>>
>>89257625
Unqualified how?
>natural-born citizen of the United States
>permanent resident of the United States for at least 14 years
>at least 35 years of age.
>>
>>89258167
>now that's new. what happened?
Nothing certain actually happened. It's just SUfags interpreting events in the most dramatic, self-serving way possible
>>
>>89258091
This pilot, Infinity Train, Belle & Tina Time Travellers, and Twelve Forever all have this similar problem to me where they all have girl leads and they all seem to be... Boring or quirky? I don't know how else to describe it, but they feel so one-note to me. Like, I look at them in comparison to other leads such as Lincoln Loud, Gumball, Harvey Beaks, Wander, Dipper, and they have quirks too but it's not defined as "being quirky".

It's why I like Becky Prim so much. She's such a strong character in those 12 minutes and has shown more dimension without having to resort to a character shouting about their feelings and then feeling bad or going into a sad crying scene, like a lot of shorts seem to want to try and hamfist in now-a-days. She hates cliques, she hates stereotypes, but she's super nice to her friend, but she's nice in her own "Becky" way.

None of the other girl leads in the things I mentioned were memorable at all.
>>
File: zuke private blog meltdown.png (3MB, 2850x1844px) Image search: [Google]
zuke private blog meltdown.png
3MB, 2850x1844px
>>89258167
>>
>>89257911
How about one for gumball
>>
>>89258293
Thanks for the pic. I was asking in another thread the evidence for this whole thing, and seeing this now it all makes sense.
>>
>>89258328
Has anything bad happened with Gumball outside of the speculation of Ben stalking that one voice actress and them renewing the show for another season without him? Seems like he's been able to coast under the radar pretty heavily, but I put that in part of him being in Europe and not dealing with American executives or fresh-out-of-school graduates who constantly complain about "muh creativity".
>>
>>89258354
>speculation of Ben stalking that one voice actress
Wasn't that just the Rachel meme?
>fresh-out-of-school graduates who constantly complain about "muh creativity".
Eh, I imagine they have those in Europe too. Maybe not as many due to different university system
>>
>>89258354
They ruined the artstyle
>>
>>89258392
>Eh, I imagine they have those in Europe too
I feel that we have more freedom to try new things than what I see from the states, but there's also a different understanding from the students that things aren't always going to go your way when working with other people. Of course we also have some of those shitheads, but they sem to be shot down more often, than what I see from the states. I guess what I get to hear from over there could also just be the worst case scenarios, that just makes up the whole picture.
>>
>>89257474
The voices don't match the character designs. This is so out of Cr1TiKaL's normal aesthetic.
>>
>>89258293
so what happened is
>zuke is hired to work on SU
>tries to push her stupid ship onto the show
>gets fired and cries about it while praising herself for including strong beautiful lesbians
>something about being abused?
Is that correct?
Also, I haven't watched SU in forever but wasn't Lapis being held captive by Peridot and Jasper? Isn't that kind of "problematic"? Doesn't sound very progressive and healthy to me to be honest family!
>>
>>89258293
God how did Zuke go from absolute based to absolute shit in less than 2 seasons?
>>
>>89258497
its only problematic when toxic mals do it.
With females as captors you have more creativity and freedom to explore the subject
>>
>>89258497

No but you see, Peridot was obviously mentally ill which means she can do whatever she wants to someone else however abusive as it may be with no repercussions.

I wish I was joking but there are far too many people on tumblr who believe that just because all the lights aren't on upstairs means you can fuck everyone around you over and hurt them and they can't leave you without being ableist.
>>
>>89258550
It's easier to be a figure on social media with no responsibilities than have your passion also be a job that entails being subordinate to someone you disagree with
>>
>>89258091
There's no ghost, but I'd like to add this is my favorite animated student film

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DYOc-LqkrsE
>>
>>89258392
>>89258489
It's because in the states, colleges just want your fucking money. So they'll accept shitty portfolios, people who can't draw get BFAs, teachers will pass you just to get rid of you, and you aren't allowed to be challenge unless you make it apparent you want to because then students will complain about the teacher and they risk a switch out, a poor review, or other things which, if you don't have tenure, can threaten a professor's job and make the higher-ups question, "Why are so many people switching out of your class?".
>>
>>89258550
It saddens me. She seemed so chill, and just happy to be working on a show she liked.
I guess he had more baggage than she showed.
>>
>>89258550
When was she based? The only thing good she gave was Amethyst's hair.
>>
>>89258613
When she first got noticed on /sug/, she was widely liked for her fanart and funny social media posts. When she got bumped up to storyboarder, it was assumed that this would be a good thing
>>
>>89258613
It has been a while since I've watched the episodes, but I remember enjoying the Florido+Zuke episodes and the school setting promos.
>>
>>89258550
Zuke was always an unhinged tumblr fuck.

At least now we have proof that there needs to be more space between creators and fans.
>>
>>89257599
>john k
How the fuck can someone whose only succesful project is some early 90's disgusting fetish cartoon be so popular in this industry? John K is the most untalented piece of shit that I've seen through in animation history.
>>
>>89258593
This and An Object at Rest:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3BpOKzEdMI

Makes me feel like I completely fucked up during my time at college if I wasn't producing works on this level at the age of 20.
>>
>>89257599
The guy who made Becky Prim works on Bunnicula. Don't know if that has anything to do with anything, but the more you know.
>>
>>89258655
He has a good art style, that is very unique, or at least was unique. He's a good artist, but he's a shit creator, and a shitty person to boot.
>>
>>89258652
Hindsight is always 20/20

No one came out that strongly against her in the early days
>>
>>89258261
I agree that Becky has way more character in this pilot than any if the other products you mentioned... but I also feel isn't quite just to judge this character based from a Pilot. Neither Steven or Gumball really shined during their first few episodes too.
>>
>>89257911
which show is which?
>>
>>89258722
>unique art style
>not a straight Avery rip off
>>
>>89258726
>Neither Steven or Gumball really shined during their first few episodes too.
Speak for yourself. I liked those shows from (and really moreso at) the beginning
>>
>>89257911
>want to be weird and cartoony in the face of the DEEP L0RE craze.
What's this?
>>
>>89258820
uncle grandpa
>>
>>89258665
Hmm wow, I kinda liked this one. I never really knew what to expect.
>>
>>89258726
I think Steven in the actual pilot was pretty good. In Laser Cannon, I think he sucked. The fact that in the pilot he acknowledges Lars is an asshole and acts accordingly like a kid would to a bully was great. I hate that they've caricatured him to just be an overly happy boy who loves everyone he comes across, even Lars. And it's even more confusing when the only person he truly hates is Kevin.
>>
>>89258795
Adventure Time
Gravity Falls
Steven Universe
Regular Show
Uncle Grandpa
Wander Over Yonder
>>
>>89258181
wew, lad
>>
File: 1444770983578.jpg (72KB, 880x880px) Image search: [Google]
1444770983578.jpg
72KB, 880x880px
>>89258593
My african-american brother!

I knew that short and loved it.
great taste!
>>
>>89258181
nigga that means I'm qualified to be president.
>>
>>89257148
>Cyndaquil

But that hairstyle screams Keldeo, not Cyndaquil. Plus, he doesn't even have shut style eyes.
>>
>tfw animation industry is in the hands of lowbrow former high school stoners
Why bother?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (400KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
400KB, 1280x1920px
>>89258853
Yeah, I personally don't like SU a whole lot anymore, but I will admit that I was rooting for it since the beginning.
I just wish my ideal for the show was the reality. The show looking like this concept art with the personality and tone of the pilot.
>>
>>89258898
It looks more like a Quilava.
>>
File: 1393482549613.jpg (24KB, 283x283px) Image search: [Google]
1393482549613.jpg
24KB, 283x283px
>>89258354
>outside of the speculation of Ben stalking that one voice actress
Wait, WHAT

>Neither Steven or Gumball really shined during their first few episodes too
Gumball was funny since the pilot
>>
>>89258853
Current Steven isn't always happy with Lars though. Steven has shown that he's able to get firm when it comes to Lars' attitude, and that he wouldn't allow Lars to step all over him easily.

The reason why Steven hates Kevin the most is probably because Stevonnie is more vulnerable as a person due to Connie's lack of confidence.
>>
>>89258853
I liked pilot steven, especially in the sense that his more mean-spirited attitude towards Lars matches more of a 13/14 year old
>>
>>89258949
Meant for >>89258726 too
>>
File: 02-03-16.jpg (54KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
02-03-16.jpg
54KB, 600x600px
>>89258925
I loved the pilot to death because it had a very 80's anime meets 90's indie comic aesthetic to it. The colors, the style, the art, the tone.

I don't HATE the new style change, it is in fact charming, but it feels like they took the pilot and ran it through a Nintendo washing machine and out popped a slightly watered down, safer version. Like how Disney takes fairy tales and runs it through their own factory and out pops a completely different, but universally appealing product, the same thing feels like it happened to SU.

I just always appreciate it when American TV animation can do something unique and hate that Sugar has been reduced to "this style" that people imitate now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l8xbqvFPYI
>>
>>89258181
>>natural-born citizen of the United States

I have it on very good authority that he wasn't born in the United States.
>>
>>89258883
Yes you are, but you won't cause your a fag.
>>
>>89259027
it's "you're", bitch.
look at my ability to be a tough leader.
>>
File: Flargunnstow.gif (363KB, 192x291px) Image search: [Google]
Flargunnstow.gif
363KB, 192x291px
>>89257148
>>89257165
It's animation school
I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure none of that stuff you posted matters in the end for an animator.
The animation itself looks good and well animated for a single person. Unless the person is going independent with animation (which if they are, why did they go to animation school?), there is no need for an animator to be good at making concepts, dialogue, or story whatsoever.
All that stuff you mentioned that this thing doesn't have is all stuff that other people in the studio would be in charge of making. Stuff like storyboarders, character designers, and all the other people who make up the industry

You can hate the animation for it's flaws, but in the context of it being something that the person did to get a good grade in an animation class, they did pretty good
>>
>>89258949
>Gumball was funny since the pilot

it was.
But originally I feel Gumball was mostly the "innocent kid" we were seeing his world through, so not really characterized.

still funny though, that for sure.
>>
>>89259018
jesus this webcomic is ugly, do they not understand what line variation is?
>>
Animation school doesn't care if you short has a good or cohesive story, they care if it demonstrates sufficient animation skill.
>>
>>89259042
But you're not a leader, you're some fag on the internet and I have reason to listen to you or do what you tell me to do.
>>
>>89259049
Gumball definitely became more of an asshole later on, but unlike Bloo, it didn't make me hate him because he still stayed on strong friendship terms with Darwin and a lot of his family, so you're still able to see some redeeming qualities in him.

Unlike fucking Bloo.
>>
>>89259018
What really pisses me off is that even despite simplifying the style, SU's storyboarding is STILL an ugly inconsistent mess. Sugar thought it would be a great idea to apply the AT philosophy to SU but it did far more harm than good.
>>
>>89259049
If anything, the sarcastic Gumball we have now is less of a character than he was in the first season
>>
>>89259084
And does this short? This looks like a newgrounds project back in 2005.
>>
>>89259091
God Fosters turned to shit RIGHT after the Pilot.

How did the man who made WOY and PPG produce that shitpile? Was there executive meddling?
>>
>>89259107
Current Gumball is a character. He is TTG Robin
>>
>>89259100
I've always believed if Sugar just worked on ONE more TV show that had a different production method from AT just to gain different experience and try things outside of her comfort zone (Something like Gravity Falls, 22-minute script driven show), it would've drastically changed how she approached production for SU for the better.
>>
>>89259091
Gumball is an asshole in the sense that a preteen is an asshole. He does some dumb shit because he's a kid, because he doesn't know better, or for comedic effect. Bloo didn't hit the right spot, because he never felt like a kid, and he felt more malicious than funny when he was an asshole
>>
>>89259156
Yeah, SU feels too ambitious for it's own good.
>>
>>89259141
I'm always a bit reluctant to say this, but TAWoG has a lot of similarities to TTG. Probably because the former show actually has a substantial fanbase on /co/. That's not to say that I think it's as bad as TTG (although I don't like it), but they're really cut from the same cloth.
>>
>>89259138

PPG was overseen by Genndy for its first three seasons. I don't know how much influence he had on the show, but I did recognize I didn't enjoy quite as many episodes from seasons 4-6 as I did from 1-3. It felt like quality started to slide downwards in the last three seasons. It could be Craig was only good while working under Genndy.
>>
>>89259117
Yeah.

You should see some of the shit that qualifies at animation schools for graduation.

This isn't bad animation.
>>
>>89259138
It's weird. There are so many funny things from that show. It had a great art style, and great characters, but it also had some completely shitty things that would just cover up all the good things it did.
>>
>>89259189
>but I did recognize I didn't enjoy quite as many episodes from seasons 4-6 as I did from 1-3.

Craig wasn't involved at all, Chris Savino had taken over IIRC

>It could be Craig was only good while working under Genndy.

WOY debunks this really well. It was poorer in action than PPG though, but then again, it wasn't as action-oriented.
>>
>>89259189
Gennedy also directed the SU pilot. He was also open about how he disliked working on Hotel 2 because Adam Sandler tried to take too much creative control.

Gennedy can do no wrong. He's like the alt dimension successful version of John K.
>>
>>89259186
Honestly, TTG alone isn't that bad, but it does serve as a posterchild for everything wrong with CN now and it's reason we have all these awful reboots instead of original content.
>>
>>89258879
Thanks. This is what set stone in my path to pursue a career in animation. I still have a long way to go but I am excited on what lies ahead of me.
>>
>>89257148
What's the appeal of this other than "they're gay"?

Like, how would you describe the personalities of these characters?
>>
>>89258925
God, Garnet looks so much better with long hair. Why'd they give her a shitty afro instead?
>>
File: 1401167284688.gif (332KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1401167284688.gif
332KB, 500x281px
>>89259186
>Probably because the former show actually has a substantial fanbase on /co/
The first two seasons were not like TTG. That shit started in season 3
>>
>>89259281
It's just a short made to demonstrate skills for graduation.

They aren't all going to be great stories or even that engaging.

Not everyone who goes to animation school is supposed to become rebecca sugar and run their own show. Most of them are just schlubs who work under people like that.
>>
>>89259278
Good luck, godspeed.
>>
>>89259299
I know that. I was one of the fans of the first two seasons (especially season 1) who disliked what the show eventually became. But some people do like what Gumball became after season 3, and even though I strongly disagree with them, I'm not going to go out of my way to provoke them.

Most people who are active fans of a show like it because of what it is now, not what it once was.
>>
>>89259259
>Gennedy can do no wrong. He's like the alt dimension successful version of John K.

See >>89258722
Gennedy is both a good artist AND a good creator. He works hard, tries new things, and doesn't let setbacks destroy him, instead of just being mad on the internet.
>>
>>89259281
Its pretty obvious "red oni, blue oni" dynamic.

One is malicious, the other is good 2 shoes, one is whacky and outgoing, the other is the straight man and reserved.

Its pretty basic and obvious.

It was still shitty.
>>
>>89259018
>let's take the 50's aesthetic and shove a lesbian ship into it as the central premise
Why must everything have lesbians now
>>
The SU thing is hilarious because people on Tumblr have chased others off the internet and attempted to have people arrested for shipping Lapidot, saying that means they're pedophiles IRL.

Steven Universe is the worst cartoon-based fandom around right now. Most of the others are creepy and weird, but SU fans are legit scary in packs.
>>
>>89259374
Because SJWs and 4chan like lesbians.

Same reason for why we have so many female MCs: SJW and waifufags love them and promote the show with discussion and art for free.
>>
>>89259348
>some people do like what Gumball became after season 3
Because it was their first season.
>>
>>89259374
It's almost never gay men, have you noticed?

I can only think of The Loud House.
>>
>>89259418
Probably, but it's not like they're going to change their minds at this point.
>>
>>89259407
>and 4chan like lesbians
Only weebs and betas like lesbians here
>>
>>89259380
I can't believe it, but it's actually made me miss the Homestuck fanbase.

Like sure that was bad, but the SU tumblr fandom is outright fucking insane.
>>
>>89259432
Gay men tend to be more chill when it comes to their cartoons, at least the ones I've known are. It may be experience bias, but the only ones who get vociferous and angry about the lack of gay men/ships in their shows are the screaming queens.
>>
>>89259432
You're wrong, it's either lesbians or two gay nu-males. I can't think of too many popular works that involve two gay gruff men unless they're also furries.
>>
>>89259297
I think it's because the current design relies too heavily on her "iconic shapes" when I personally think the "tall and long" works better for her character. This would make her look less tanky, but more overpowering in an elegant way.

In the concept art, I'd describe her design something akin to a beetle, sturdy in the middle, slim on the edges. Makes her quick and strong.
>>
>>89259463
*Only cuck numales tumblrinas like lesbians here.

It's 2017 get with the picture
>>
>>89259479
>two gay nu-males

like...?
>>
>>89257148
From what I've seen SVA isn't that good. Dana Terrace went there and clearly showed her distaste for that art school. She said she had to learn most of the things herself.

>"The teachers WANT to teach but because most of their students are so unmotivated and lazy they have to constantly dumb down their courses and lower their standards to keep from failing half their class."
>>
>>89258293
damn, this lady really doesn't understand how to be a person, huh
life sure is tough I guess
>>
>>89259468
Again, Homestuck was creepy and weird and there were big arguments and drama flare ups (almost always over shipping) but for the most part, it was harmless.

Steven Universe fans tried to get a girl to kill herself because she drew Rose skinny before she was revealed and drew Fluttershy in Native American dress. And cheered each other for making the world a better place because of it.
>>
>>89259513
Like OP's video. Or like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0ZtbOeKoV8

Or like the people who ship Avengers and re-personify them as softy boys rather than men with fucking demons and skeletons in their closet. And it's always a woman artist making these characters or these ships.
>>
>>89259407
>Because SJWs and 4chan like lesbians.
We have a containment board for that shit. Hell, we basically have two.

>>89259432
Because lesbians are the safe option. Same logic behind the "PUREST FORM OF LOVE" faggotry.

>>89259495
I'm saying just from a design point. The afro looks stupid and it makes her look too much like a sponge.

Amethyst looks better in the image, too.
>>
>>89259348
I've like Gumball form the start, and I still do. I'm not sure what shift you're talking about with season 3. Care to deepen a little?
>>
>>89259537
Aparently who was in charge of the mob was a girl who was the ex of a friend of the artist.

She was jealous and started the sjw whitchhunt to get back at her.
>>
>>89257148
I don't think animation schools should teach you how to create a good story.
or interesting characters in terms of their background.
They should teach you how to animate and they did a great job on this one.
>>
File: 1481918335093.png (25KB, 662x166px) Image search: [Google]
1481918335093.png
25KB, 662x166px
>>89259519
Yeah but Dana went too far on one end of the spectrum but putting all her level up points into just drawing skill and not attitude or world outlook, considering that she's one of the luckiest students to come out of that school next to Sugar, became a director in only a couple years time, and still finds some way to complain about "the patriarchy" and push the blame on the original animation masters for it.

I would love to avoid this shit but she's started pushing her "I hate Trump" on her Tumblr, too. If it just stuck to her Twitter, I'd be peachy with her.
>>
>>89259572
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the afro either. She looks better with the fluffy afro curls.
I'm a pretty big fan of this Amethyst so when she got dumbed down in the actual show, I was pretty disappointed. I remember in one of the early model sheets she had this cat-like appearance in her face. They should've kept that if I had to choose between the new designs.
>>
>>89259463
Waifufags are everywhere, though. All you need is one decent female design, and you've got yourself a good month's worth of advertisement.
>>
>>89259588
Gumball overwent a pretty substantial shift in tone, characterization, and sense of humor going from seasons 1 to 2 to 3, but especially between the latter two. If you take a handful of episodes from each of these seasons and compare them, you'll see what I mean. Many current fans of the show dislike how it was in the beginning, while many former fans of the show dislike how is is now. If you like all of it, then more power to you, but you may be the exception.
>>
>>89259560
But these are fan creations, NOT anything done by the creators.
>>
>>89257165
There were lots of gags that fell flat.

>the part where he flips out about not being able to sleep at night and then is like "yeah okay"

Could have been ramped up, add a scare chord, more dramatic zoom in, shaking etc. Just one example.

Some of the art / expressions were really cool, but the bodies were pretty boring in terms of variation and detail.
>>
>>89259645
Goddamnit, I really love her art but now I see she's that kind of person?

Well I only follow her tumblr anyway. From my experience artists and twitter are an awful combination.
>>
>>89259588
Not him but the show is different every season.
S1, S2 and S3-S5 are like completely different shows.
>>
>>89259678
I was showing two different mindsets: How, even with original or fanart, girls still write gays as twinks because it's all they like since they think it's "cute".
>>
>>89259649
It's like they went out of their way to make Amy and Garnet as unattractive as possible. It's weird.

>>89259712
Yurifags do the same thing, too.
>>
>>89259380
>>89259468
>>89259468
>>89259537
I really like the show, but I fucking hate the fanbase. It's either one big circlejerk or people blow every little thing out of proportions.
Just fucking enjoy the show, or stop if you don't like it anymore. This fanbase mentality is the worst thing about any media.
>>
>>89259676
>but especially between the latter two
Yeah no. The difference between the first and the second season is massive. Just look at Nicole
>>
File: 1484835599955.png (920KB, 1596x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1484835599955.png
920KB, 1596x1400px
>>89259712
Its girls self inserting or whatever, I hate people changing character'se sexuality and making OOC shit, but to be honest is no different from /co/ drawing and writting every female character as a slut or fetish fuel.
>>
>>89259745
Gotta make Pearl look like the ultimate waifu you know? It's too bad since the other two are not nearly as liked as she is, and I think it's partially due to getting the short end of the stick on the redesigns.
>>
>>89259801
I guess you're right, but I would still think of season 2 as sort of a middlepoint between season 1 and 3
>>
>>89259858
Oh, definitely. You'd think it'd be hard to fuck up "foxy shortstack who pulls a whip from between her tits" but they found a way.
>>
>>89259676
>>89259706
I have not noticed that shift. I think I might have to watch some of the earlier episodes again, because I'm normally pretty good at detecting changes in character. Though, I do think the show was a bit more down to earth in the earlier seasons. Some characters have been fladerized too.
>>
>>89259820
>is no different from /co/ drawing and writting every female character as a slut or fetish fuel
It is different. We do that shit just for faps. It is not serious business. We know that the characters are not sluts
>>
>>89259820
But what about the people who honestly try to push the "Finn and Poe are gay!" or "Are Bucky and Cap in love....?" mentality?

I think the difference is that people on 4chan sexualizing these characters know they're doing so purposely for fapping fuel. None of them actually suggest Starfire has the hots for Raven. But some people who ship characters like Poe and Finn just honest-to-God don't understand the concept of brother-in-arms and think their ship is canon.
>>
>>89259925
Yeah, and it's not like we're encouraging you to think that the show's shit now or anything like that, but there was a shift that happened and it causes a substantial amount of divided opinion
>>
File: Gumball.webm (562KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
Gumball.webm
562KB, 480x320px
>>89259925
>I think I might have to watch some of the earlier episodes again
Do it, anon. Even the art is different. I enjoy the current show too
>>
How to make a show with a rabid fanbase:

1) Shipping Drama - make shipping a huge focus of the show and people will eat that shit up like there's no tomorrow

2)Surprise Grimdark - Make everything weird and funny at first, but gradually reveal that there was actually a serious and unfunny reason for the quirkiness in earlier episodes and that everyone is really suffering.

3) Lesbians - hint that they can never be together, not because of their situation, but because white cishet males will never accept TEH GAYZ in their cartoon.

Congratulations, you have now just created the latest hit show of the decade! Just stay off social media or the fans you've created will call for your execution because you don't really understand the show you've created.
>>
>>89259936
Yurifags and yaoifags both share the issue of assuming any level of closeness between two characters means they're in homo lust.

Yurifags are particularly bad about this in shows dominated by girls, whereas yaoifags are fine with shipping the only men in a show.
>>
>>89259998
>tfw MordecaixRigby was not the endgame
>>
>>89259820
>>89259936
No one writing/enjoying fapfic or porn art has seriously suggestedthat anyone who enjoys The Bad Ships should kill themselves and meant it.
>>
>>89260056
I know it was crackshipnevergonnahappen-tier, but I still hoped for a lasting friendship
>>
File: 1428986495410.jpg (129KB, 452x680px) Image search: [Google]
1428986495410.jpg
129KB, 452x680px
>>89257911
Third and fourth ?
>>
>>89257911
AT's decline didn't happen until after Sugar left
>>
>>89260096
Third is SU.

Fourth is Regular Show.
>>
File: Nefcy.png (976KB, 599x900px) Image search: [Google]
Nefcy.png
976KB, 599x900px
>>89257911
>Get a show
>Be first woman on network to be running their own show
>Don't wear it as some kind of badge of honor. Just roll with making your show
>Have it be a sendup to the magical girl anime you liked as a kid
>Self-insert your husband as a love interest
>Enjoy two seasons of comedy, lore, action and minor cuckoldry
>Be successful and have your third season confirmed in advance

Living the dream
>>
>>89259931
>>89259936
Check out

>>89259527
>>
>>89259274
>it's reason we have all these awful reboots instead of original content.

no it isn't.
>>
>>89260142
To be fair to Sugar, it was shitty CartoonBrew that pushed the title of CARTOONETWORK'S FIRST WOMAN SOLO CREATOR and everyone else following suit for clickbait titles of SUGAR COMES OUT AS A BI-WOMAN. Neither were her fault.
>>
>>89257165
this is terrible. it feels so stilted. timing is off. it doesn't feel natural
>>
>>89260169
Yurifags, son.

They also ruined Poison Ivy,
>>
>>89260176
It's a coincidence that TTG's success allowed for PPG and Ben 10 to be rebooted?
>>
>>89260181
Sugar seems like a person who's caught in a big media circus, just trying to get by, but people keep propping her up without her having a say in the matter.
>>
>>89258293
>i know my period is coming because while playing genghis khan on audiosurf i started tearing up hard core thinking about lapis andperidot and the beauty and tragedy of their love

This can't possibly be real.
>>
>>89260199
I'm a pretty big fan of the concept of[/spoiler ]yuri, but got do I hate how there is no Good Yuri.

When will I get a decent show that just happens to feature two girls that have an interesting relationship that may be romantic?
>>
>>89259995
You talk like those are bad things.
>>
>>89257514
in contrast this is great.
>>
>>89260247
This reads like a dril tweet
>>
>>89260261
You can literally watch any shoujo ai show.

Seriously, there are a bunch.

This is what bugs me. There's an entire sub genre for your shit, why must people like you push it into everything else?
>>
>>89260247

I'm so assblasted that shipperfags insist on tagging the song on tumblr for things not related to the song. I just want to look at art of the people ACTUALLY in the video, damn it!
>>
>>89257514
The nerd got more laughs from me than that shit in the OP
>>
>>89257148
what kissing gag?
>>
>>89260318
>calling it shoujo ai

ANON.
>>
>>89260261
And I want a show where a boy and his sister/mother have a romantic relationship
>>
>>89260261
Anime has this in spades
>>
>>89260362
There's like a dozen anime with that exact plot.
>>
>>89260318
>any shoujo ai show
Buddy, you act like there are more than what I can count on one hand. Even less if they're actually entertaining and not some shit school SoL.
>>
>>89260269
They aren't, it's just that every other new show does all of that, like clockwork.
>>
>>89257148
animation classes would teach a person how to animate. it's not their job to teach someone how to write a story
>>
>>89257165
>That after credits scene
Okay what the fuck? I got zero gay vibes from purple hair guy, besides his shitty hairdo and earrings, hell he even lustfully looked at a "Babes" magazine, almost to cement his straightness to the viewer. If that kiss didn't feel forced, and almost "rapey", I have no idea what does.
>>
>>89260362
Dude do I have news for you
>>
>>89260355
Yuri is lesbian porn. Sounds like he wanted just comfy lesbian shit, which is Shoujo Ai.

>>89260412
Literally google it, man. Hell, there's probably hundreds.
>>
>>89260417
The people who have been saying this have never gone to a decent animation college or SVA. They do try to teach you basics of storytellling.
>>
>>89260403
I was joking. And any anime about incest is fucking trash. A western show about incest should be better
>>
>>89260444
>Yuri is lesbian porn. Sounds like he wanted just comfy lesbian shit, which is Shoujo Ai.

That's not true. "shoujo ai" comes from people seeing "shonen ai" around, which is a WESTERN term. Neither are actual terms.
>>
>>89260442
>inb4 gumball and gravity falls
>>
>>89260413
Name one (1).
>>
>>89260494
Sure, if you want to anal about it. They've evolved to denote different things are often tagged with it.

Then again, I don't care. Lesbians gross me out.
>>
>>89257514
a student made this?
>>
>>89260427
It's fine when a girl does this with her characters. If it was a guy and it's not anime, he'd be super-imposing his patriarchy on a woman who didn't give her consent. Men aren't allowed to write romance in the same way as women because it would be viewed as rapey since men are all about sex and women are about love.

I'm not stating shit I agree with, just bullshit double standards.
>>
File: 82879.jpg (27KB, 225x315px) Image search: [Google]
82879.jpg
27KB, 225x315px
>>89260412
>Buddy, you act like there are more than what I can count on one hand
https://myanimelist.net/anime/genre/26/Shoujo_Ai

I suggest Strawberry Panic, The Mai-franchise (though Mai-Hime is the lesser gay of them all) and the works of Ikuhara, namely Revolutionary Girl Utena and Yuri Kuma Arashi

Also, if you're going to do this, don't be a pleb and watch all of the Maria-sama ga Miteru franchise. It's iconic

Watch Sakura Trick if you want the McDonalds of Shoujo-ai

Also, next anime season is Netsuzou TRap which is like a shitty soap opera with /u/ and NTR. So if that's your speed look forward to that

Madoka Magica
>>
>>89260142
I want to kiss her weird face
>>
>>89257165
How has no one mentioned that critikal is the VA for the store clerk

>>89257514
that nerd character is hilarious
>>
>>89260181
Fuck Sugar. She gets what she deserves
>>
>>89260413
Uncle Grandpa?

Clarence?

TTG?

NuPPG?

Loud House?

That new Butch Hartman show?

Gumball?

Harvey Beaks?

And plenty of other forgetable shit like Breadwinners?

What you said describe 2 or 3 shows.
>>
File: 122.jpg (154KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
122.jpg
154KB, 1920x1080px
>>89258293
What a disgusting troll woman. You got the chance to work on a show you loved and tried to make the entire show cater to your tastes and views.

Like shit, you can't even respect the person who made those characters because you think YOU know better than their creator
>>
>>89260659
2 or 3 shows that are dominating the influence of the industry.

Studios aren't looking for "the next Breadwinners". Adventure Time and Regular Show on the other hand, has had a shit ton of pilot clones.
>>
>>89260608
And what does she deserve? What has she done?
>>
>>89260714
Ruined Adventure Time then ditched the crew to deal with Flame Princess to go work on her own show.
>>
>>89260706
And yet none of the AT clones actually have adventure in them.
>>
>>89260740
To be fair, neither does AT after season 3.
>>
>>89260733
You say that as if this was some kind of evil scheme
>>
>>89260706
So which shows do this?
>>
>>89260687
Yeah, it honestly disgusts me a bit to know that she thinks Rebecca is a narcissist all because she has standards for her own damn show.

God, Zuke needs to get her head out of her ass.
>>
>>89260767
Sad but true.

As good as Sugar's influence was I wish she hadn't been there. Her Bubbline bullshit has consumed the show and both characters.
>>
>>89260774
Things don't need to be malicious schemes in order to be shitty things that ruin stuff you like.
>>
>>89260774
You don't work on a show and create a mess only to leave others to clean it up.
>>
>>89260805
>>89260814
I think it's silly to blame Adventure Time's decline entirely on Sugar. The whole crew was involved
>>
>>89260814
>>89260805
She introduced a character, that other people fucked up with, and it's her fault?
>>
>>89260659
Small fanbase
Small fanbase
Tons of people cried foul when it turned out it was a mere 'comedy' show and wouldn't resolve any of the shipping set up in the series proper
Near-universally reviled, even among SJWs
Small fanbase
Fanbase is still developing
I only hear about it here, so I can't say
Ditto
>>
File: Marceline.png (1019KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Marceline.png
1019KB, 1600x900px
>>89260733
I miss pre-Sugar Marceline. Sugar is fucking cancer
>>
>>89260847
>>89260814
Yeah, and that's like acting as if everyone on the team didn't sit at a table and discuss something as important as a whole new major character being introduced.
>>
>>89260847
She ruined Marceline and Finn, SUfag.
>>
What is it with the two toned hair and homosexuality?
>>
>>89260834
>>89260847

She introduced Bubbline and then she introduced Flame Princess.

She was the one who heavily injected "romantic implications" into Adventure Time that caused everything to spiral to shit.

She even REALIZED how she fucked up, because of how quickly she stomped out Zuke when Zuke was trying to pull the same thing. She'll never admit it, but the spiral in quality came because she kickstarted adding "romance" beyond the typical "a Princess and her hero" teasing.
>>
>>89260783
Not many shows "do that", but those shows got noticed among the animation community because of it which leads imitators trying to mimic the writing and art styles of Adventure Time, Regular Show, etc in order to ape its success.

Just a small list of shit that basically feels like worse clones of AT and RS, or some combination of them.
https://youtu.be/dINks29CdPQ
https://youtu.be/lhXtrpm4bh8
https://youtu.be/blAMc_ZSvfM
https://youtu.be/Xj1JbPAA8ck
https://youtu.be/64idF8cF9fo
https://youtu.be/k0AOHQKDioM
https://youtu.be/ZKpAtqwx9NQ
https://youtu.be/VujCCILEzgY
>>
>>89260902
Are we going to completely exonerate Pen Ward of showrunner responsibility and allowing her to ruin the show?
>>
>>89260918
Um, Monica Ray was a Harvey Beaks boarder so it's Harvey Beaks clone thank you very much
>>
>>89260905
It's like how lesbians wear plaid and get mohawks/sidecuts. It's to let others know that they are gay and want a gay partner.

Not even joking with this. I'm pretty sure people are aware of stereotypes.
>>
>>89260917
Didn't she actually say words to the effect of 'Bubbline is canon, but the higher-ups won't let us make it so'? I remember Marcy's VA did that, which led in a roundabout way to Mathematical getting cancelled immediately.
>>
>What's up everybody it's Cr1tikal, I'm gonna ironically do voice work for this shitty student film. Let's do this shit.
>>
>>89260878
>>89260902
>>89260917
But how can you be sure that it was her who "ruined" the show? The creative process behind these things is very complicated and we only ever see a small part of it.

I think people are just scapegoating a single person because it's easier and many have added resentment towards her for SU
>>
>>89260955
>Mathematical

Now that's a trip down nostalgia lane.
But yeah, I believe it was cancelled because someone said something in the video around the lines of teasing the relationship like "Marcy and PB? Oooh somethings going on there!"
>>
>>89260979
>But how can you be sure that it was her who "ruined" the show?
Because you can see the same shit in Steven Universe
>>
File: tumblr_nwfm1adnn41u8h99yo1_1280.png (2MB, 1075x1417px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwfm1adnn41u8h99yo1_1280.png
2MB, 1075x1417px
>>89257148
Here's a self portrait of the creator.

Everything you expected her to be.
>>
>>89257165
>tfw I recognized Cr1TiKaL's voice right of the bat
charlie what the fuck are you doing in this shit
>>
Why is it that all American student films are shit?
Why the fuck can't westerners animate like the Japanese?
>>
>>89259463
>>89259497
>>89259407
You guys are stupid, lesbians are usually great as long as you just let Japan handle them.
/co/ lesbians aeenthe garbage ones.
>>
>>89260940
Pen was an idiot because he didn't stomp it out like Sugar did, but that can be held up to lack of awareness towards the current generations trends.

He wanted to make a fun adventure cartoon, but slowly the people around him had a "different" definition of fun.

So you end up with an old man surrounded by young people who virtue signal each other about what the shows direction should be, and eventually the only choice would be to burn it all and start with an entirely new team or leave yourself, and since CN wasn't going to let one of their only profitable shows die because the creator didn't like the direction it was going, the creator was kicked out.

>>89260979
Because you see the stuff that hijacked Adventure Time in Steven Universe at it's inception, and Sugar clearly made an impression with the higher ups to get her own show.

So the qualities that hijacked AT, then end up being the core of a new show, is basic math.
>>
>>89261036
>lesbians are great as long as you let anti-social, repressed men handle those characters
>>
>>89260940
From what I've read and interviews with him, he wanted to do a fun show about weird adventures and growing up. The romance was probably intended to be there, since it's a part of growing up, but the shipping, not so much. I'd say it may be a part of why he stepped down from the majority of the work.

>>89261007
Yeah, they mentioned that interview in one vid, showed some shipping art and said 'yup, Bubbleine is canon' and got shitcanned immediately.

>>89261016
I was expecting stretched earlobes and more shitty tattoos.
>>
>>89261036
/a/ lesbians are boring non-characters. Only a weeb enjoy that shit
>>
>>89261051
Bullshit. Pen is part of the same generation and he wasn't kicked out by anyone. He left because he realized he was too lazy to run the bloated mess that he had made
>>
>>89261016
Do you think these people have any awareness in how generic they look trying to look unique?
>>
>>89261062
>The romance was probably intended to be there, since it's a part of growing up, but the shipping, not so much.
Yeah, the idea of Finn is like Link's frustration of constantly having to save the princess but not getting anything in return. It's extra funny because Finn is a teenage boy, of course he's going to have these feelings. But I don't know why the "Zelda" character needed to have a love interest with a fucking Zora or whatever equivalent you want to make in this comparison. It should have just been the modern day knight's frustration with having to save the princess but never getting with her.
>>
>>89261087
4chan has convinced me that no one has any awareness nowadays
>>
>>89261032
>comparing student films to Akira
Come on dude.
>>
>>89261117
If student films aren't as good as Akira or better, they're not worth shit.
>>
>>89261018
In the comments the creator said she paid him, so I guess it was just a commission
>>
>>89261056
I'd take even something like Flip flappers over any cartoons made in the past 5 years.

>>89261065
Hibike is a deeper character than anything in cartoons or comics, sorry she can't be a quirky personality like Harper Row though.
>>
File: not rape.png (116KB, 645x890px) Image search: [Google]
not rape.png
116KB, 645x890px
>>89260427
>>
>>89261186
>this nothing short has a fandom

Christ.
>>
>>89261076
>29 vs 34

That's a five year age gap. Five years is a long time
>>
>>89261214
Just like Welcome to Hell
>>
>>89261214
Dude, remember Mystery Skulls? One music video and people lost their shit. It's not the first time this has happened.
>>
>>89261234
only tumblr cared about that crap though
>>
>>89261065
There are yuri animes other than Sakura Trick
>>
>>89261214
Dude, that chick with the tits from that one guys Animation demo reel literally happened a week ago.
>>
>>89261234
But at least people could like it for the music.

>>89261274
And died down almost instantly. That /aco/ thread has two or three fanart pics at the most. It doesn't have "a fandom".
>>
>>89260976
he would, too
>>
>>89261274
>what chick with the tits from that one guys Animation demo
Who
>>
>>89261139
>the creator said she paid him
In that case I suppose Im happy he's getting work. But yeesh, he could've chosen something a bit better to lend his talents to.
>>
>>89261100
The show should've stuck with Bubblegum reduced to a 13 year old.

That entire sequence was how it should have all ended.
>>
>>89261415
He's a nice guy, and as long as he's getting paid he probably sees no reason to say no.
>>
>>89257165
It wasnt very god, but that voice actor is amazing. I'd listen to him ramble on about video games and terrible biblical shows for hours.
>>
>>89261139
I think she paid him just for the fuck of it. He has said he was totally cool voice acting for free. The dude has money, what with his patreon.
>>
>>89261553
Doesn't he also donate his shit to charity?

Charlie is a bro.
>>
>>89257148
I would be kinda surprise if an animation student would also be a great writer
>>
>>89261613
HE donates all of his ad revenue to charity. He stopped though, because he foudn out the charities he was giving to actually donate pennies for every dollar they recieve. He's since been stockpiling it, not spending it, and trying to find a good one. I recommended St Jude because I live in Memphis and St Jude works miracles for those kids.
>>
>>89261065
Have you actually watched a real yuri show before?
>>
>>89257148
I thought that image was from Steven Universe at first.

Is that what you guys mean when you complain about "Cal Arts style"?
>>
>>89261316
http://wabbla.tumblr.com/
>>
>>89257911
>>get a show
>>try something different
>>want to be weird and cartoony in the face of the DEEP L0RE craze.
>>have people shit on it when it sets foot next to the space lesbian show
>>call it crap without ever seeing it, then have CN fire the crew but still pretend like new episodes are being made when they just split the seasons up.
You guys are so fucking autistic about this.

If the UG was because it didn't have lore RS and Gumball would have gotten the same flack. Guess what, "deep lore" never took over cartoons, it amounted to like three or four shows across all networks.
>>
>>89257148
>cyndaquil
>tough biker dude
Ugh
>>
>>89258167
WoY was kind of meh
>>
>>89259018
I still kinda like SU but I can't help but be disappointed at how she never lived up to her early shorts and comics.
>>
>>89261663
Either you only looked at the thumbnail, have never seen anything from SU, or you're blind.
>>
File: Keldeo_647_BW_Anime1.png (69KB, 499x456px) Image search: [Google]
Keldeo_647_BW_Anime1.png
69KB, 499x456px
>>89261760
It's clearly a Keldeo.
>>
>>89257911
>hire a Tumblr artist who tries to ship two characters and throws a tantrum when she can't
Who and which characters? What is this about?
>>
>>89262023
read the thread
>>
File: pugdavis_9.jpg (2MB, 1851x2619px) Image search: [Google]
pugdavis_9.jpg
2MB, 1851x2619px
>>89261795
>Pug Davis will never become a show
>>
>>89262023

See

>>89258293
>>
>>89257911
They put LGBT in Adventure Time? I dropped it a while ago.
>>
I don't know why CN still allows fanartists to be hired onto the shows they did art for. That old EEnE fanartist really turned up the gay between Eddy and Double D when she came in, you can see her handiwork all over the final movie.
>>
>>89260427
you're looking too hard into it
>>
>>89262077
Not with all of the 'fags' intact
>>
>>89260733
>ruined it personally
If anything an entire group of writers not being able to use or forget about a few amount of drama threads is pathetic. They gave all of FP's episodes to one guy and he evidently hated her AND finn to their cores.
She'd been the network for forever, and finally got the OK to do her own show, and CN is still fucking her on it by letting new eps leak super easily and giving her a week of new eps ever 3 or so months.
>>
>>89262188
Leaks and bad schedules don't matter in the longevity and legacy of your work. She is still allowed immense creative freedom.

No one bitches about Harry Potter now-a-days because of people shouting SNAPE KILLED DUMBLEDORE outside of book stores because it was so long ago and the story is so known, it's irrelevant now.
>>
>>89261824
I looked at the full size picture, but not the video.

Still reminds me of SU style.
>>
>>89257911
>Adventure Time
>?????
>Steven Universe
>Regular Show
>Uncle Grandpa?
>Wander Over Yonder

Am I right?
>>
>>89262330

I wanna say the second is Symbionic Titan.
>>
>>89258293
She's a lesbian cause she's ugly.
>>
>>89262330
>>89262373
Gravity Falls you idiots
>>
>>89259374
The 50's are a period where you could actually say something meaningful with that kind of relationship. I understand your fatigue but there was at LEAST a chance at something interesting there.
>>
>>89259432
Because lesbians arent actually real.
>>
>>89258293
i wonder if people who throw "trigger" around to refer to anything they don't like have ever seen what actually getting triggered looks like
>>
>>89261140
Flip Flappers is amazing, you shut your mouth.
>>
>>89262810
It really isnt.
>>
>>89261140
Hibike doesnt even have lesbians.
>>
>>89262807
probally cuz that shit doesnt happen in the real world unless you has real ptsd
>>
>>89257165
| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
I want to die
|____________|
(\__/) ||
(•ㅅ•) ||
/ づ
>>
>>89262807
No, but wait for PTSD to be the trendy new thing and you'll see a lot of people faking it.
>>
>>89262911
Trigger pretty much refers to PTSD. People just have no fucking idea what actually constitutes PTSD.
>>
I mean cool, you support your own initiatives like LGBT stuff and other political junk but wouldnt you rather draw something...unique?
>>
>>89257514
i like this one, the characters seem fun.
>>
>>89263072
Trigger can also refer to cravings when someone's an addict though most people don't use it in this context.
>>
>>89261051
How come AT went to shit while SU thrived though?
>>
>>89262625
Doesn't look like they're doing it. It just looks like "BUTCHIE DELINQUENT AND GIRLY GIRL ROMANCE BUT THEY'RE LESBIANS XD"
>>
>>89257911

>Get a show that uses characters from a well loved older show
>You make it comical despite the older show being a deep, action, pseudo-anime
>Gets lots of hate for this
>Kids love it and it becomes the biggest hit your company has seen in a long time
>>
>>89263483
Kids really like it?
>>
>>89263483
More like:
>Love Teen Titans
>It gets turned into some psedo-anime crap show that you hate but everyone loves
>That becomes TT's only identity for years
>Later gets rebooted into a dumb superhero sitcom
>TT-Anime fans bitch and complain it's not "true Titans"
>It's more popular than the wannabe anime crap
>Sit back and laugh at the irony
>>
>>89263483
>older show
>deep
Just because it had occasional dramatics doesn't mean the show was deep. Because it really wasn't. It was still wacky face fun-time + action. All TTG did was crank up the wacky a bit more.
>>
>>89263649
Teen Titans going pseudo-anime is literally what saved it from falling into irrelevancy.
Kill yourself.
>>
>>89262853
What are you even saying, its completely deviated away from the books into yuri.
>>
>>89263678
Yeah, that's why the original show got cancelled, right?

It could have been made into a traditional action show just fine. It didn't need the sweat drop shit.
>>
>>89263649
TT still has more fanart and discussion than TTG.
>>
>>89257911
Where's Clarence
>>
>>89263711
Getting cancelled after 5 seasons is really fucking good and most people still have fond memories of this rendition than any other.
It has way better animation than anything shitted out from TTG.
>>
>>89263717
And TTG gets better ratings with its target demograph and probably sells better merchandise.

What does a fucking network care that there's a bunch of autists on deviantart submitting fanart?
>>
>>89263711
Most people doesn't have a hate boner for anime.
>>
>>89263686
Holy shit you didnt even watch it.
>>
>>89263686
>Reina wants teacher dick still so hard at the end.

The only thing it ever had was bait. Hibike didnt have lesbians.
>>
>>89262807
It's used as accurately as "autism" is on 4chan.
>>
>>89263720
>Have a history of mental instability
>Get a show anyway with no background check, or maybe disregarding it
>Sexually harrass your co-worker
>Go on a bi-polar rampage right afterwards and get admitted to the hospital
>Her friend blabs about it on Twitter but excludes the unstable mentally part
>Becomes a huge story and both parties get both shat on and white-knighted
>Have your life be defined by that incident
>But the show is still totally fine

More depressing for Skyler than Clarence, really.
>>
>>89260238
Exactly.
She seems really down to earth and mellow but the fanbase keeps glorifying her to the point of making her look like a goddess.

It's embarrassing to say the least..
>>
>>89263739
Are you equating quality with popularity? Still, TT was extremelly popular with multiple audiences.
>>
>>89260261
>what is Sailor Moon
>what is Madoka
>what is Cardcaptor Sakura
Just watch magical girl anime, anon. You'll get all the good yuri out of that.
>>
>>89263806
Do you think a network gives a shit about quality over popularity? They aren't handing out grants for people to make their passion project, they want profits. Who fucking cares if there's still a bunch of people drawing Raven porn when TTG is what matters to CN and what is relevant to kids.
>>
>>89257911
>Rebecca Sugar ruined Adventure Time

Her episodes were literally was the only thing keeping it from being irredeemable garbage
>>
>>89263800
>but excludes the unstable mentally part
Why bother mentioning it? All men do it anyway

:^)
>>
>>89263831
>Madoka "one lesbian" Magica
>Lesbiancucker Sakura
>Sailor Moon
Uranus and Neptune dont show up for a while. Why the fuck are you lying to him?
>>
>>89263856
As much as OI like her work on AT, you're fucking retarded. Plenty of episodes not written or story boarded by her was great.
>>
>>89260261
Watch Flip Flappers
>>
>>89263831
You apparently have a different concept of "yuri". The lesbians in Sailor Moon are such a small part too.
>>
>>89263913
Didn't Madoka go hardcore lesbo in the films?

Aside from that he's probably delusional and thinks Sakura wasn't getting the chink chunk.
>>
>>89263930
He said GOOD. Flip Flappers is pretty bad stuff.
>>
>>89263965
but it has good animation, which should be the only reason to watch cartoons
>>
>>89263913
>implying there weren't lesbian orgies in Madoka
>implying Sailor Mars and Sailor Moon weren't munching each other's carpets.
You got me at CCS, but don't be dense anon.
>>
>>89263953
>Didn't Madoka go hardcore lesbo in the films?
Homura did. They ship tease Sayaka with Kyouko more but does it fucking mean anything? She wanted dick throughout the entire series.
>>
>>89263837
Why should I care for the network's opinion if I enjoy the product?

Hell, I even like TTG too, so your case looks like just a tantrum.
>>
>>89257514
I want this and the one about the gay poltergeist to be a series. Imagine the crossover episode.
>>
>>89263998
Then why are you even arguing "Y-yeah, but the original Teen Titans has more fanart!"?
>>
>>89263965

For the quality of stuff that's coming out these days Flip Flappers was pretty good. Plot is a mess but good atmosphere and the leads have good chemistry even if they aren't super interesting themselves.
>>
>>89263983
>implying there weren't lesbian orgies in Madoka
I've watched all episodes a few times. The movies up the notch with Homura and add more yuribait but at least say the movies because the series kind of had more het than yuri with Sayaka's entire shit.
>>
>>89263983
But the majority of the sailors expressed interest in dudes.

>>89263992
It's always nice seeing yurifags NTR'd. Makes me happy.

>>89264017
>gay ghosts
https://www.amazon.ca/Ass-Haunted-Gay-Unicorn-Colonel-ebook/dp/B00SHI7NOS
>>
>>89263992
Yes, in the 3rd they have her say lines and actions that show she's over that violinfag while also having her say she came down from the afterlife to be with Kyoko.

So yeah 4 of the 6 main cast are dykes and that may change to 6 out of 6 if they don't mind pairing Mami with a 10 year old.

And yes dykes, not fucking bi since at this point men dont even register on the radar anymore.
>>
>>89264102
Man, you're reaching.
>>
File: laughing death exit.gif (3MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
laughing death exit.gif
3MB, 360x270px
>>89264071
Chuck Tingle is the hero this world needs, if only he could animate.
>>
>>89259020
Trust me, some people, some very smart people, have been saying, and I'm not saying it's true, but I have heard, that Trump's birth certificate is fake. It's not real. And I think, personally, we need to make sure we know the truth.
>>
File: KISS0_0-Crystal.gif (2MB, 500x225px) Image search: [Google]
KISS0_0-Crystal.gif
2MB, 500x225px
>>89264071
>But the majority of sailors expressed interest in dudes.
>What is bisexuality
>>
>>89264133
Hey, I'll get a huge grin if after all that shit Homura does in 3 to bring Madoka back she has to experience getting cucked by some boy that human Madoka starts dating.

But that's not going to fucking happen. Just like the other girls are never be interested in boys.

Of course what the fuck am I saying, its been 4 years now since Rebellion. They aren't making any more of this shit. Its fucking over.
>>
>>89264033
That it doesn't matter if it is more popular between little kids, because I can enjoy the art and discussion with other people even today.

Pretty obvious.
>>
>>89264242
Big surprise the homosexual is promiscuous and unfaithful to her dyke partner.
>>
File: su OJT punkish pearl.jpg (482KB, 1213x1920px) Image search: [Google]
su OJT punkish pearl.jpg
482KB, 1213x1920px
>>89257148
that nose looks familiar
>>
>>89257514
I liked this
>>
>>89264293
>The success of a show targeted towards kids doesn't matter because I can't discuss it with my adult friends

A cartoon is LUCKY if it's also appealing to all ages. But don't treat it like a fault when it's successful with it's target audience.
>>
File: kurwa.gif (80KB, 288x400px) Image search: [Google]
kurwa.gif
80KB, 288x400px
>>89257165
>those names
>so familiar
>>
>>89257148
>>go to one of the best animation schools in the country
>>make an animated short using your human designs for a genger and cyndaquil
>>has no story
>>has no interesting concept
>>has no interesting dialogue
>>ends with an out-of-nowhere kissing gag cause omg I love my gay OCs

none of that has anything to do with the animation though
>>
>>89261137
let's see your student film. Or better yet, your first log cabin.
>>
>>89264675
Do you people actually believe if you go to "animation school", they literally only teach you animation for 6 hours a day, five days a week, with no other classes? Are you people really that unaware of the mandatory storyboarding classes (That also serve as storytelling) they make you take, on top of additional classes you can take like developing characters, screenwriting, or creating a pitch bible that go towards your mandatory art credits that you need by the end of your senior year?

Do you not know how college works?
>>
>>89264774
no, I don't like to waste money
>>
>>89263483
>Thoutyagh the KaosKao God is however displeased and in 2020 it's shrieking tendrils pierce are reality and drag everyone involved and any child or adult who still enjoys it to the Era Con Fer Era to suffer ever more through never ending octopus eyes
>>
>>89264882
Don't need to spend $30k to google, "College Curriculum".
>>
>>89257148
They've also drawn porn of that Cyndaquil person.
>>
File: genndy.jpg (102KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
genndy.jpg
102KB, 1920x1080px
>>89257911
You forgot the most punished soul, anon.
>>
>>89265521
That's not Lauren Faust.
>>
>>89257514
>this will never be a full series
well now im sad
>>
>>89257514
I have mixed feelings about all the praise this short gets. It lacks anything more than the thinnest of premises and won't expand well beyond... five or six episodes. Some people call the artwork refreshing as a change from the current trend. I'm not sure I agree or disagree.

Honestly I just don't get the interest in this short.
>>
File: keksimus maximus.jpg (47KB, 596x628px) Image search: [Google]
keksimus maximus.jpg
47KB, 596x628px
>>89264071
>Pounded In The Butt By My Own Butt
>Pounded In The Butt By The Sentient Physical Manifestation Of The Year 2016
>Pounded In The Butt By My Book "Pounded In The Butt By My Own Butt"
>Pounded By The Pound: Turned Gay By The Socioeconomic Implications Of Britain Leaving The European Union
>Pounded In The Butt By My Book "Pounded In The Butt By My Book 'Pounded In The Butt By My Book "Pounded In The Butt By My Book 'Pounded In The Butt By My Own Butt'"'"
>>
>>89257514
this is better than just about everything on cartoon network today. R E F R E S H I N G
>>
>>89259018
> vitiligo

a birth defect is not your fucking fetish and it doesn't affirm jack shit to be represented
>>
>>89259047
>The animation itself looks good and well animated for a single person.

> no shadows while walking outside in daytime
> reuse same walk cycle for wide shot, just scale it down without caring that the linework is now disproportionately thin to the background art

I'm willing to buy that this was an assignment but let's not fool ourselves that she aced it
>>
>>89259018
> Artist and writer, currently working on Hiveswap, the Homestuck video game, and NEOKOSMOS, an experimental webcomic

color me surprised
>>
>>89266207
I think he's stuck in a rut.

A butt rut.
>>
>>89259537
the best irony of all of that is that the SU staffer who pled with the internet to be nice to each other is a 10bux goon.
>>
>>89259995
> let me describe madoka, everything's like that
>>
>>89260127
This. Sugar was the storyboarder who gave a fuck about lore, but everyone thinks she was the resident shiplord because ukulele and daddy my fries.
>>
>>89260316
i lost
>>
>>89260790
Yeah I don't get why she thinks Sugar is a narcissist. What did she even do? Did she give Zuke a piece of criticism or something?
>>
>>89264473
>fault

The hell are you talking about? I said that I like TTG too.

But obviously that I enjoy more a show that generate more discussions and that takes characters into more directions.
>>
>>89259995
>will never accept TEH GAYZ in their cartoon
To be fair, gay couples in children's shows aren't as close to becoming mainstream as /co/ makes it out to be. Sure, SU has plenty of ship bating, but it's between alien rocks and not human beings. They still have a scapegoat when One Million Moms comes knocking.
>>
>>89265624
Is CN cursed? There's some bad mojo going on in there.
>>
>>89257514
Holy shit, I love this.
>>
>>89261482
I thought I was the only one who Noticed it was voiced by Kritical.
>>
File: Silly Dana.png (407KB, 579x694px) Image search: [Google]
Silly Dana.png
407KB, 579x694px
>>89259699
That's how I feel about her too.

Her art does inspire me though.
>>
>>89261032
this reminds me both of starfox 64 and Final fantasy 7 (going through the train tunnels of midgard)
>>
>>89257148
>>>89258328
>and them renewing the show for another season without him?

Last time I checked he's still on for the 6th season, which he stated will be his last. The show hasn't been renewed past that, even though a CN exec stated that they have no plans on ending the show despite Ben leaving, but it's still a bit up in the air at the moment.
>>
>>89257514
>why don't you friggin make me, starbucks
KEK.

I love this, who made it?
>>
>>89257514
Apparently Karl is shopping the show out to different networks because of the positive reception of the pilot
>>
>>89260918
Magic Children Doing Things is great, tho
>>
>>89257911
Guess which one is this?

>get a show
>make it only a few episodes long
>might have learned from Shyamaladingdong for the story
>throw in some horror bits
>fill it with passion
>show only airs once a year
>get praise and adoration of its few fans
>>
>>89271451
Over The Garden Wall is some amazing shit, my hombre
>>
>>89271639
Ding ding ding, this anon gets an internet!
And yes, it is, it so very is
>>
>>89257148
>make nothing
>complain about everything
Gee OP you're right, that author is such a shitty person
>>
Not every student film is a winner. As a graduating animation fag, a lot of the times films like these suffer is due to some of the factors

1: Person wants to do a specific part in animation rather then animating, like storyboarding, illustration, 3D modelling, rigging, etc. Sometimes they don't want to focus on doing a story and would rather be doing something else like animating.

2: Students that want to make good stories start off well with good intentions, but either due to the amount of time it takes to make it (such as the length of it), people dropping out of projects to work on other stuff causes issues like that, or at worse, having to cut the story and interesting parts about the film in order to make a finished film. Everyone wants to make their best film that shows off their passion for story telling as well as their own calling card, but unfortunately things like that happen.

Of course there are exceptions to this. For all the shit that CalArts gets, they atleast make their students do a film every year, a lot of which get posted on /co/ or other classes from students that want to do that kind of movie. Ringling makes every student become a 3D generalist, utilizing modeling, rigging, animating, and rigging. SCAD just recently updated its animation senior projects that allow students to just work on people's films for their portfolios rather then making their own film, which will hopefully reduce the dropout of people working on projects.

I've seen several films from friends and colleagues that have suffered through some of this. This isn't meant to defend the film in the OP, just that things are unfortunately a bit complicated. Everyone wants to do something like >>89257514 or the wide range of films from CalArts or Gobelins, but unfortunately settle for whats on the OP.

I'm down to answer any questions if you guys have any.
>>
>>89272360
Is the "every artist is a SJW" meme real?
>>
ah yes the art school of tumblr. Good.
>>
>>89257514
Becky Prim new flavor of the month?
>>
File: 1461735997194.jpg (44KB, 600x455px) Image search: [Google]
1461735997194.jpg
44KB, 600x455px
>>89257911
Still mad about it's cancellation.
>>
File: 1484641886328.jpg (74KB, 417x518px) Image search: [Google]
1484641886328.jpg
74KB, 417x518px
>>89273580
I went to school for production art. Learned shit like storyboarding and the like rather than explaining what a goddamn fucking piece of shit Jackson Pollock mess "means"

You had two options. You could parrot liberal speaking points or you could shut the fuck up. Oddly enough this environment is where I turned from apathetic into a flaming /pol/tard. One can only hear "fucking white people" (mostly from other white people because the school was STILL 90% white) so long before snapping.
>>
File: 1479943074701.png (677KB, 797x685px) Image search: [Google]
1479943074701.png
677KB, 797x685px
>>89273580

For me, it's a mixed. There's the tumblr stereotypes, but then theres the conservative students, and the neutral students. You might get things like this >>89274777 and other stories from /ic/, but for me it was never an issue since I probably wouldn't see them again after the semester or outside of class.

Since it's a liberal art school, its a given that the views are mostly left leaning. On twitter and social media its a bit more SJWey, but for the most part as long as you don't act like an asshole in RL, you'll be fine, and even when the conversation comes up, people for the most part are chill about it (atleast from my experience from people I hung around with). Our favorite teachers have been christian/conservative, but no one fights each other because they've been helpful, don't shove opinions down throats, and understand but respect the differences we've had. Everyone genuinely likes each other, and vice versa. It's all a matter of preserving your powerlevels and not sperging out (which people will call out on your shit if you do). Everyone's there to learn how to make it in the industry, not to see who's right.

There's the usual tumblr feminist artist, the other that hates the tumblr mentality, and the others that are neutral and chill and just wanna have fun.

The worst thing I've experienced in art college, has been the shitty students that do the worst on their assignments but never improve, the very blatant tumblr message that I feel like defeats or undermines the morality of the message their trying to convey, or creepy people that make everyone feel uncomfortable.

I guess tl;dr answer, it's a mixed bag, but no one makes a big deal about it and everyone wants to learn and be happy while dying from all nighters.
>>
>>89257148
Was this animation school or storywriting school graduation project?
Also, sure as shit it wasn't an art school because this ""art"" stinks.
>>
>>89259931
You think those women aren't fapping (well, schlicking) over their yaoi art? Most of the time they definitely are.
>>
>>89275267
Worst thing I saw in my time was a really cute girl who started the same time I did. She was a really great artist and nice person. Not someone I would have wanted to get with but fine personality.

Fast forward to graduation and she's on hormones and hopped on the genderqueer wagon and now looks like a fat teenaged boy. Every time she opened her mouth was either complaining about not having a gender neutral bathroom, complaining that too many people were using the gender neutral bathroom, or to start frenching her girlfriend in the middle of class complete with groping. Nobody ever said anything because that would have meant you were transqueerhomophobic or whatever.

The worse part is? She lost the ability to draw women or men. Literally the only way you could tell the sexes apart was facial hair. The women had narrow hips and manjaws and the guys had wide hips and contorted in weird poses that would trigger the Hawkeye Initiative if they were female. Oh they were still drawn well, but it seemed like they were... I dunno, supposed to be malformed and ugly? Environments were great, even better than me and that's what I wanted to do but she wanted to be a character designer which I felt was misplaced
>>
>>89274777
i was a /pol/ock before art school
still a /pol/ock now. most of the queers i talked to just spread rumours instead of trying to take me on in person. i managed to redpill the students who really mattered anyway

>>89275406
this is why the SJW mind virus is bad for anyone doing art. they begin creating their perfect homunculi in their work instead of just doing their damn job
>>
>>89258293
These all read as sarcastic "whaaaacccky" on purpose to me. Mostly. Like bad lol so randumb Invader Zim humor but not serious except for a few. Also like she was probably posting while high as fuck.
>>
>>89257673
Can I ask what show?
>>
>>89257165
well now I just want rule34 of them
>>
>>89258861
Thank you
>>
Meanwhile, in France's top animation school
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg_9reKah9A
>>
>>89257911
>Implying AT was ruined by Sugar
>Implying SU doesn't shit all over AT
Stay mad ATfag.
>>
>>89262113
They made Marceline x Bubblegum canon.
>>
>>89275851
that still reeks of a shit art direction, it's just held up by really good fx animation.
>>
>>89276044
Seeing as that was a special effects exam, I'd say that means they passed.
>>
>>89257911
>get a show
>studio loves you and gives you whatever you wants
>network gets bad numbers, doesn't air or advertise your show
>have to listen to them doublespeak to you about how "great" your show is while they never air it
>cancels it after two seasons, doesn't tell you this or anything else regarding it
>have a meltdown online, lose the last of your cred
>>
>>89276242
Don't forget say one ambiguous thing about the airing schedule and have CartoonBrew twist its words and get you into trouble the first time.

The second time really was a meltdown, but CartoonBrew didn't need to fucking push it by making an article out of it.
>>
>>89276242
Harvey Beaks?
>>
>>89275746
Regular show
>>
>>89258181
That's a lot bar you've set there.
>>
>>89276242
Him recounting how an executive got so excited that they were able to snatch up a piece of shit show to air for little money really disgusted me. I forgot which show it was they were talking about
>>
File: the-destroyer.jpg (80KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
the-destroyer.jpg
80KB, 500x500px
>>89257911
>get a show
>it's perfect in every way
>short sweet and too the point
>nothing bad came from it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs069dndIYk
>>
>>89276863
It was that awful Alvin and the chipmunks cgi show
>>
>>89275888
Kill yourself SUfag
>>
>>89258579
This is why I fucking hate autistic people. Especially if they have a sibling whose life gets ruined because of them.

And while extra chromosomes are a mainstream insult, don't you dare say that autistic kids should actually face consequences for their meltdowns. What would happen if they actually got in trouble for misbehaving? They'd probably stop fucking misbehaving.
>>
>>89259138
It's so weird, too, because the show tries to be sentimental. Like, a young boy having the time of his life at an adoption for imaginary friends that he keeps company is a pretty sweet and endearing idea. They're clearly tried to go for a "everything is super dysfunctional but it all works out because of friendship" thing going, which would have been nice. Except everyone is a fucking insufferable asshole.
>>
>>89259085
>I have reason to listen to you or do what you tell me to do.
So you see.

Even a fag can president
>>
>>89261790
Meh yourself
>>
File: becky.png (245KB, 493x750px) Image search: [Google]
becky.png
245KB, 493x750px
>>89273684
let's do it brah
>>
>>89259858
Wowsers. I remember when way back when the series proper started people were most upset about the Pearl design and thought the Amethyst and Garnet designs were vast improvements. They were only a few people I came across who disagreed.

I really like Steven Universe myself and I like where it seems to be going. I like that it's messy and ambitious and I don't feel like that much potential was lost. But to be fair I've never read or watched any of Sugar's stuff prior to Adventure Time and frankly don't care enough to go out of my way to do so.

But I respect people's opinions on it. I just don't see the same massive shortfall as others and probably lack the context to even do so.
>>
File: ollie10-743228.jpg (67KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
ollie10-743228.jpg
67KB, 1024x576px
>>89261482
Has their been donkey ollie threads on /co/?
>>
>>89257165
Is that fucking CritiKal?
>>
>>89258354
>the speculation of Ben stalking that one voice actress and them renewing the show for another season without him?
Isn't that for Clarence's creator that's also a pedo?
>>
>>89281265
>Has their been donkey ollie threads on /co/?
has WHOSE been donkey ollie threads on /co/?
>>
>>89281414
He wasn't a pedo. Just fucked mentally. Went on a rampage and touched a few boarders.
>>
>>89272360
Haha yeah, that 'every student makes a film but also collabs on other films' really doesn't work out save for a few projects. Glad they finally changed their policy, though it was too late for me.
>>
>>89273580
not the original guy you were asking, but no. Some for sure are, but it's usually a thing of everybody has their own weird thing, and everyone else being able to roll with it because they're weird too. Normal people don't tend to get far in animation, although there are exceptions. Them being exceptions is what makes them weird, too.
>>
>>89263800
Surprised the show didn't get canned after all that drama. Did he get fired or take a leave of absence or what?
>>
>>89276242
shame this happened to him. Show is fucking great.

>mfw im getting a quick interview with him

I'm surprised he accepted
>>
File: 1478875773471.png (306KB, 540x444px) Image search: [Google]
1478875773471.png
306KB, 540x444px
>>89276242
Always gonna live on in my heart.
>>
>>89266171
butts and waifus
>>
>>89282072
He's banned from CN premises.
>>
>>89260597
>literally WHO?
>>
>>89260202
PPG revival was in the works before TTG aired
>>
>>89266791
You do realize shes one of the people who were involved with the Flame Princess shit. She didn't even start the DEEP LORE stuff, that was Adam.
>>
File: 181886309.jpg (62KB, 430x401px) Image search: [Google]
181886309.jpg
62KB, 430x401px
>>89257148
Because it's about animation not storytelling
>>
>>89258640
>funny social media post

More like tumblr """""humor""""" which is pretty much why generals liked her. Those shits are basically tumblr colonies.
>>
>>89285512
>still thinking people who go to animation school don't get lessons in storytelling
>or thinking that they shouldn't be putting in a story for your graduation film regardless

this isn't a character swimming exercise, it's suppose to be a short fucking film.
>>
>>89261116
Welcome to the new logic, where your individuality must conform to standards.
>>
>>89262911
>but wait for PTSD to be the trendy new thing
>>
>>89271451
Why would OTGW air more than once a year? Its a fucking miniseries.
>>
>>89275888
>>Implying SU doesn't shit all over AT

SU is so much better because it has DEEPER LORE and LGBT REPRESENTATION!
>>
>>89259649
BUT LE SQUARE MOM XD
>>
>>89259018
This whole comic is literally unapologetically fucking tumblr.
>>
>>89257911
>>get a show
>>try something different
>>want to be weird and cartoony in the face of the DEEP L0RE craze.
>>have people shit on it when it sets foot next to the space lesbian show
>>call it crap without ever seeing it, then have CN fire the crew but still pretend like new episodes are being made when they just split the seasons up.

That SU pasta is bullshit and you know it. a shitload of people on /co/ loves the show and an equal ammount hate it for the exactly same reasons.
>>
File: 1483708120111.jpg (208KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
1483708120111.jpg
208KB, 728x546px
>>89285537
But the grade was for animation skills not storytelling skills
>>
>>89285744
Hes talking about UG
>>
>>89285748
The "grade" was completing a film in general. And actually, you don't even need to complete the film to get a passing grade. As long as it's completed enough, you'll get your degree.

And this person shouldn't be fucking making a film to get an "A", they should be making a film because they're going to be entering the animation industry and should actually strive to be a storyteller since they know they won't be doing any animation in the states and will most likely be moving on to storyboarding or probably their own web comic where storytelling is very important.

What the hell is with you people thinking that an ANIMATED short film "doesn't need a story"?
>>
>>89285789
oh, my bad.

uncle grandpa is kinda crappy though.
>>
File: fandom.png (7KB, 468x100px) Image search: [Google]
fandom.png
7KB, 468x100px
>>89280618
>>
>>89285824
It is way better than SU
>>
>>89285917
The fetish for this mental illness is just disturbing
>>
>>89285917
i fucking hate how this shitty fetish infeted everything.
>>
>>89259351
>>89258722
I think gennedy's only fault is he keeps using the god damn same explosion sfx.
>>
>>89257165
It must be cold to stand at the counter with an open diary fridge right behind you.
>>
>>89259018
>using a pic of yourself in the end credits

Women.
>>
>>89259018
Why does tumblr love vitiligo so much?
>>
>>89286706
It's a special snowflake disease that only brown people can get.

Even whitey can get plain old albinism so it's still somewhat cool but not quite as cool and special.
>>
>>89286932
Well if you're an albino African in Africa you're in danger of being eaten
>>
File: shmorky__by_wazzaldorp-d8prp4m.png (246KB, 820x974px) Image search: [Google]
shmorky__by_wazzaldorp-d8prp4m.png
246KB, 820x974px
>go to no animation school
>not be a gigantic faggot
>put out amazing cartoon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HATLQEqLTf0
>/co/ won't watch it just because he's black
>>
>>89286932
>only brown people can get
Not true, and let me tell you it looks terrible.
>>
>>89257148

Animators are storytellers, not writers.

She was being graded on her ability to convincingly animate human characters and tell a story through the use of gesture, camera work, and acting, not on the storyline itself. With some notable exceptions, most graduating student films have boring or nonsensical plotlines.
>>
>>89257911
What's #4?
>>
>>89257165
Oh, so it was all a ploy about a gay rapist.

This sure helps dispelling the gay stereotypes.
>>
File: 1371370135-2013-06-16-Page-194.png (542KB, 772x1158px) Image search: [Google]
1371370135-2013-06-16-Page-194.png
542KB, 772x1158px
>>89257148
Why it looks like a fucking Blaster Nation?
>>
File: 1478077224001.png (47KB, 350x338px) Image search: [Google]
1478077224001.png
47KB, 350x338px
>>89257148
>You want A grade
>Just make something about homosex
>Teacher can't give you less than A because that will be homophobic

America
>>
>>89259047
This!

>>89266508
>Implying most western cartoons use shadows these days.

>>89257165
Oh shit what's up everybody it's Cr1tikal. I don't think his acting was very good at all though. That's a shame. I've been really enjoying the Official Podcast. Let's talk about that.
>>
>>89258925
I like the show's art style so much more now. It grew on me pretty fast and now I love it far more than the original. The pilot looked pretty weird in some ways.
>>
>>89286706
It's the new heterochromia. You can make it look kinda cool in cartoons but it almost never looks good in real life.
>>
>>89259560
I don't see how those can be numales. They just look like regular ass dudes who like dudes and ass.
>>
>>89287002
You're a fucking faggot if you think I'm not subscribed to EmptyHero already.
>>
>>89287790
Because there's no originality in the internet.
>>
>>89257148
Didn't you hear? Not adding gay people for no reason is ILLEGAL
>>
>>89262188
This. Sugar was trying to introduce plot and development to the show and some of the writers were just not having it and deadset on forgetting it as soon as it was their turn to write episodes. It's all of their faults they couldn't make a cohesive product.
>>
>>89261221
Not really when you're an adult.
>>
>>89263913
>Madoka "one lesbian" Magica
wat
>>
>>89285480
She created a character. You act like it was the end of the world. Yeah the character was poorly handled and written but it's not entirely her fault. And Rebecca was trying to advance the plot more than anyone else.
>>
>>89285808
Call us back when you make an animated movie for graduation
>>
>>89273580
It depends what you mean by "SJW". I feel like half the people on here that use the word thing that accepting gays is SJW. Artists are usually going to be majority liberal with some exceptions so to a lot of people liberal automatically means SJW.
>>
>>89287002
He's not even black you dumb faggot. Even if he was it really wouldn't matter. Dudes hilarious.
>>
>>89288885
>advance the plot

And thats the problem. Forcing a structure into a show completely opposite to it is what fucked over adventure time.
>>
>>89275406
>supposed to be malformed and ugly?
Yep. That's a new thing. Ugly people like drawing ugly characters. Not like drawing ugly things is bad at all but you can tell when it's the tumblr "i'll draw women with man jaws on purpose" shit. Some artists on tumblr just can't draw women because they don't do it a lot and you an confuse them.
>>
>>89289062
Don't like Sugar was the only person who wanted this. Pen even probably wanted it because he clearly put in the possibility for a plot with the mushroom war from the very beginning.
Thread posts: 479
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.