[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gorillaz-Hallelujah Money (feat. Benjamin Clementine)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: Murdoc Test Image.jpg (50KB, 644x353px) Image search: [Google]
Murdoc Test Image.jpg
50KB, 644x353px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDUrpPvU1_4

>Gorillaz returns after six years with the apocalyptic "Hallelujah Money" video, the first taste of their new record which is coming later this year. The band has issued this song on the eve of the Inauguration of President-Elect Donald Trump to serve as commentary on a politically-charged, historical moment.
>>
File: 1371379086710.png (221KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1371379086710.png
221KB, 512x384px
>>89256996
Christ almighty what garbage. Hopefully this is just a b-side like Rock It
>>
What the fuck is this shit. At least the bad songs on Plastic Beach were nice to listen to, if nothing else.
>>
>>89256996

>all those backlashing comments
>"I don't like it! It sounds like trash!"
>"you only listen to feel good Inc your not a real fan!"

Omg this song is just trash. Yes I hate the political undertones, yes it's a demo but you'd have to be delusional to think it's anything but trash
>>
>>89257236
What the hell do you have against Rock It?
>>
>>89256996
Hate the composition so far, but the vocal is fantastic. Really hope the album doesn't end up being too political. And the christian overtone kind of conflicts with Murdoc being leader of the band, lore wise.

>>89257520
There are no bad songs on Plastic Beach.

>>89258004
The singer's voice is fantastic and powerful. The visuals really enhanced the cheesiness of the message which is way too direct. Don't know how they thought that would be helpful on an already unpolished track.

The great thing about Plastic Beach was that it was more evocative rather than preachy, even though it was about over population and the effect humans have on the world. It's better to inspire people to think about a topic and come to conclusions themselves than to tell people what to think. It very rarely comes across well to anyone but those arm chair activists that are shallow enough to like being pandered to.

Stylo and Broken gave me chills, where as this is more like Dirty Harry off of Demon Days which I was only able to like for it's musical value after listening to it without the cringy music video. Imagery can do a lot to color a person's impressions of lyrics. But yeah, this track seems too heavy handed, and not really insightful or interesting enough to back up the rather typical message.
>>
>>89260428
>There are no bad songs on Plastic Beach.
Sweepstakes was the worst one, and even that one as mediocre at worst.

It's live version is great though
>>
Oh boy, pandering to the conspiracy theory crowd. I'm as anxious as I am hyped. Please don't be preachy shit and New World Order symbol dropping nonsense as the theme of this album.
>>
>>89257236
it's probably still being worked on. If you remember they used to release proto songs pre-release in previous albums too. Like electric shock and people.
>>
File: 1438302477382.jpg (42KB, 499x382px) Image search: [Google]
1438302477382.jpg
42KB, 499x382px
I like Trump too guys but get real, Gorillaz have always been political. This is nothing new.

That said I love this so much
>>
>>89260711
And rock-it
And Hong Kong
>>
>>89256996
Did you even bother to check?
>>89255088
>>
File: Reunited.gif (949KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
Reunited.gif
949KB, 500x270px
>>89260600
I like Sweepstakes... Far from my favorite but I tend to not be as into the rap stuff with rare exception. But the composition is fun and the lyrics got a laugh out of me.

I've not checked out the live version yet. Gonna have to get on it. I think Melancholy Hill is the weakest song, personally. Still not a song I hate but it's pretty dull compared to the rest of the album. Sure as fuck wish the Rhinestone Eyes video got made. Way more video worthy song, and the storyboards looked incredible.
>>
>>89260716
I don't like Trump but I don't want Trump whining to touch things I like. So far it's been negligible or I could just enjoy schadenfreude in something I didn't really care about.
Here's hoping it's either minor or they do their typical hide it under 52 layers of beans and allegory. I mean they're already doing it but still....
>>89260428
Well it's obviously ironic affectation of a preacher in the worship of money
>>
>>89261588
I get that, I like the concept, but the lyrics are the worst kind of slam poetry garbage. It's just too direct, and not really interesting or clever in it's wording. And the background imagery makes the video even worse.
>>
>>89256996
I like this as a song
I couldnt care less about what its trying to say
>>
>>89256996
Whats up with spongebob?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.