[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Ego – "an ancient cosmic being who has been on th

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 3

File: 1469410448738.jpg (188KB, 585x343px) Image search: [Google]
1469410448738.jpg
188KB, 585x343px
>Ego – "an ancient cosmic being who has been on the edges of the universe for aeons by himself," says Gunn – won’t be appearing in his planetary guise. He’s a regular-looking joe, reformed from humanoid components – including Ego-nads. "I have a penis," he declares in a scene shown at Comic-Con. "It’s not bad either."

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/james-gunn-kurt-russell-ego-guardians-galaxy-vol-2/
>>
What a waste of a fetish
>>
>>89252400
>the main reasonnwhy ego is cool isnt in the movie
Goddamnit
>>
>>89252400
>still trying to troll /co/ with 6 month old out of context quotes

Anon. C'mon.
>>
>>89252400
>tfw I hyped up friends by telling them who Star-lord's dad is only to have this happen
Shit
>>
>>89252418
>Still in denial that you're not getting a planet with a face

anon pls
>>
This means Mogo can show up risk free right?
>>
>>89252400
Them why the fuck make him Ego then?
>>
>>89252435
He's an ancient cosmic entity. He has a human form but can also possess the planet and control the landscape, the flora and the elements.

So he's still a planet, but not one with a face.
>>
>>89252409
>>89252412
Really guys? Marvel had to fight to even get Ego in the first place, to the point where Gunn had NO backup plan if the deal fell through, and you really think they aren't going to even touch on the planet thing? All because of a description of a brief preview some jackass on the Internet wrote?

If you did even a little research you'd find that Gunn has already said he's a living planet. Y'all are a bunch of easily led sheep FFS
>>
>>89252434 #
>Mogo
>Ever being used

You'd be lucky enough to get Salaak.
>>
>>89252459
There's still a chance he'll use those abilities to make the planet a face.
>>
>>89252432
I never expected a planet with a face, that would look unbelievably stupid interacting with real actors.
>>
>>89252471
I have some doubts, but it's possible, I guess.
>>
>>89252400
I don't know why anybody is surprised. The MCU basically just slaps names on random people.

If you're lucky they might pull a Galactus/Dormamu and have him turn into a cloud at the end.
>>
>>89252479
As stupid as them interacting with a stick and a racoon?
>>
>>89252486
Dormammu was not a cloud, senpai.
>>
>>89252486
Gaseous Galactus wasn't Marvel
>>
>>89252459
He might as well be The Gardener then.
>>
>>89252400
What may I ask would be the point in calling him Ego then??
He would essentially not even be the same character. Is Marvel so afraid of alienating normies, they have to do shit like this?
>>
>>89252434
>implying Green Lantern will even get off the ground
>>
>>89252517
Name recognition.
>>
>>89252487
A raccoon is approximately human sized. A planet is not.

However, it would not surprise me to see the suggested outline of a face from orbit, or see a face appear in the landscape to talk to the actors. But a whole planet just hovering in space jawjackin every passing spaceship? Nah, that would look stupid.
>>
>>89252544
>every passing spaceship
I don't think you understand how big space is.
>>
>>89252508
no fucking shit you idiot? he's clearly a blend of both considering all the elders that are popping up lately

just because he doesn't have a giant comic book planet face doesn't mean he can't be a good Ego
>>
Why the fuck would Ego be his dad? That makes no fuckin' sense.

Shit, The Collector being his dad makes more sense than that
>>
>>89252400
>n – won’t be appearing in his planetary guise. He’s a regular-looking joe, reformed from humanoid components – including Ego-nads. "I have a penis," he declares in a scene shown at Comic-Con. "It’s not bad either."
Oh you can sucks my balls. You should just used a different cosmic.
>>
>>89252625
Maybe it doesn't make sense because the movie that's going to explain it isn't fucking out yet, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>89252486
Oh look, it's another fucking faggot that saw Dormammu in MvC3 and now knows all about comics.
Kill yourself.
>>
GotG 2: now a 30% more LELSORANDUMB XD
>>
>all these fools taking the poorly click bait

Gunn has been yappin since July about how completely vital and irreplaceable ego the living PLANET is to this movie
>>
>>89252400
Well that's dumb and lame.
>>
>wasting based Kurt in a reddit tier movie
>>
>>89252798
You're dumb and lame for getting fooled by a six month old empire article regarding a comic con preview that only features the human form.

I mean really, would the penis conversation make a lick of sense if he was always a regular joe?
>>
>>89252845
Jesus Christ, calm your shit already.
We're not all up to date on every damn movie news.
>>
>>89252885
>half a year old article
>up to date

Fuck you, that's what you get for taking every greentext shitpost at face value
>>
It's goimg to be too jokey and quipy isnt it? Theyre going to go full retard arent they?
>>
>>89252926
It's what made the first one a hit. What made you think this wouldn't be the same?
>>
>>89252941
The first one didnt go overboard.
>>
>>89252941
>it's what made the comic a hit

ftfy

>>89252957
by all accounts this one is more serious and more personal but only time will tell for sure
>>
>>89252957
>DANCE OFF
>>
>>89252400
What's the point?
I don't get the character naming in the MCU sometimes.
It's like how they call Ganke Ned Leeds for some reason.
>>
>>89253007
Did everybody miss the tape deck playing in the background while rocket was fixing the missile? Or the movie beating you over the head with the fact that aliens don't understand human culture like dancing and find Quill bizarre?
>>
File: IMG_6382.jpg (204KB, 1261x913px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6382.jpg
204KB, 1261x913px
>>89252588
>>89252634
>>89252710
>>89252544
>I...its a good thing Marvel did! It's r..real good that they made that awful thing!
>>
How long until Ego is a human in the comics?

>>89253064
Yeah, humanoid aliens surely never heard of dance...
>>
>>89253291
He's not a human in the movie retard
>>
>>89253339
>won’t be appearing in his planetary guise. He’s a regular-looking joe, reformed from humanoid components
>>
>>89253358
Good job anon you figured it out, he's not human but he can take a humanoid form just as in the comics
>>
>>89253423
But we will not see him in his final form.
>>
>>89252400
Of course he won't. This is the MCU, where supervillains can't look anything like their fucking counterparts. But there might be an "Easter egg" of a mention of it somewhere, so everyone will defend t and say it's accurate.

I'm so fucking sick of this shit. What is the fucking point of using these characters if you don't use anything but their fucking name.
>>
>>89253462
Protip: the people who defend MCU movies are /tv/ hipsters who are ashamed of the source material.
>>
>>89253448
>final form

lol

go back to /tv/ where you belong
>>
>>89252710
Dude, I've been a Strange fan my whole life, and their Dormammu sucked. Stop defending garbage because someone told you it was chocolate.
>>
>>89253462
>anon baits himself into having an aneurysm

Now that's impressive
>>
>>89252588
>just because he doesn't have a giant comic book planet face doesn't mean he can't be a good Ego
it actually does, drone
>>
>>89253532
>Implying I'm wrong
>>
DUDE MOM FUCKED A PLANET LMAO
>>
>>89253485

> ashamed of the source material.

Mmm, keep using that meaningless phrase. It's great how it invalidates your entire argument in just five simple words.

>oh man the movie made some jokes at the expense of the premise if I ignore the other 99.9999999999999999% of the movie it's like they hate comic books!

>how dare they pick and choose what to stay faithful to in movies, clearly they should have no decisions on how to make these movies and should be 100% faithful to 70 years of source material!

>It has to be all or nothing because my brain works like a literal child who can't figure out how adaptations of things work, like seriously going "It has to be faithful to everything or they're ashamed" is the literal, actual thought process of children.
>>
>>89253573
>if I ignore the other 99.9999999999999999%
lol you actually believe this
>>
>>89253573
>literal child
Says the anon who loves cape movies...
>>
>>89253485
Or just people who recognize that comics and movies are two different mediums. What works in one doesn't always translate well to the other. I accepted that a long time ago after spending months crying about black leather uniforms on message boards circa 2000.
>>
File: Ego Trash.jpg (80KB, 713x950px) Image search: [Google]
Ego Trash.jpg
80KB, 713x950px
>>
>>89253545
>looks and only looks make a character

>>>/tv/
>>
>>89253625
That's true for Ego and you know it.
>>
>>89253603
>spending months crying
Just like you are spending months crying about people not interested in watered-down capes...
>>
>>89252517
Stop being dense. One scene does not represent the entire movie. You'll see Ego as a planet. They're not going to show it in teasers because they want to surprise the normies.

How do you not know this? How fucking new are you?
>>
>>89253669
>I've never read a comic with Ego in my life

fuck dude even the silver surfer cartoon does a pretty good job portraying his character and that version doesn't have a giant planet face either
>>
>>89253603
>What works in one doesn't always translate well to the other
Just like nolanizing. Turning Scarecrow into a guy with a bag and an Armani suit may work, but turning a living planet into a normal Joe doesn't.
>>
>>89253716
>they want to surprise the normies.
Or make them laugh, or angry.
>>
>>89253732
The article in the OP is wrong. Kurt Russell is just the form he takes to cruise around the universe picking up chicks.
>>
>>89253831
We'll see. Not that I was going to see it.
>>
for fuck's sake

does anyone have any actual confirmation that ego is assuredly peter's dad or is this all you just being retards
>>
>>89254001
Literally no one else has made any mention of the planet form not appearing. Gunn constantly refers to him as the living planet. And the conversation referenced in the article, about Ego having to make a penis to knock up Ma Quill, would make zero sense if he was actually just Ego the living human.
>>
>AND HE HAS A PENIS!
Jesus H....
>>
>>89254040
It's confirmed anon

mama quill fucked a whole planet
>>
>>89254167
cool source, faggot

everyone in this thread is retarded
>>
>>89254664
Fucking google it you stupid faggot it's been all over the internet since SDCC
>>
>>Mogo isn't Mogo
>>Spider-Man Homecoming gets entire supporting cast wrong

Where were you when the 90's came back?
>>
>>89254822
>Mogo
>>
>>89252400
BOOOO

I was hoping he would be planet size and would make like a humanoid projection to converse 1 on 1 with smaller beings.
>>
>>89254910
FUCK!
>>
>>89252400
I know this is a clickbait fueled bait thread, but I've already given all my bait to the Spiderman Homecoming bait thread. Will you take an I.O.U. OP?
>>
Dr. Manhattan beat the fuck out for best penis in the Universe.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.