[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First review for Legion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (506KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
506KB, 1000x563px
>Like Jessica Jones, Daredevil and every other adult-themed Marvel series, Legion is a very not safe for work comic book series. Who it’s meant for is anyone that’s a fan of the Legion line, or just some good-old psychological thriller adventure. The show is far removed from the tone of Fargo as well. If Hawley has a style, he has yet to make it apparent between his two television
>FX’s latest comes out of the gate swinging. It’s fully formed and fully confident. The pilot may be a bit overlong, but it pays off with one truly fantastic sequence that will hook anyone into the show for at least one extra episode. It also has the added benefit of not being loosely (if at all) tied to the currently running film franchise produced by 20th Century Fox. Legion is not the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. of the X-Men live-action universe. It’s its own thing.

>All that said, the stand-out of Legion is its jittery antagonist played by Dowton Abbey’s Dan Stevens. If Heath Ledger’s Joker was a good guy, he’d probably get a long with Stevens’ Haller. Hell, he’d probably get a long with him regardless. The actor is completely “going for it” with his performance. Would it be enough to land some awards recognition a few months from now? Maybe. But, it will be one of the performances that, if left off the list, will have everyone saying, “you forgot one!”

Many things can be enjoyed about Legion. It’s a fascinating character experiment with a comic book line very few have any awareness of. How true the show will stick to the origins of the character is unknown. A quick Wikipedia scan will reveal one major character trait that, if done in this show, will change the perspective of many things. However, even if the series never goes there, there’s reason to be hopeful of what’s the come based on the first three episodes.
>>
Was it autism?
>>
I'm happy for Dan Stevens. He was so fucking good in The Guest.
>>
When does this start?
>>
RIGHTS

BACK

MARBEL
>>
>>89251429
Marvel never sold tv rights for X-men. I think. But this particular show is not a part of MCU or FOX
>>
File: Legion_NOV100612.jpg (26KB, 395x600px) Image search: [Google]
Legion_NOV100612.jpg
26KB, 395x600px
>>89251157
It's his powers being too vast for his brain to process them.
And like all of Marvel's mortal reality controllers, he loses touch with reality.
>>
>>89251456
It is part of the FOXverse tho.
>>
>>89251464
I wonder what Marvel got in exchange. Please let it be Doom.
>>
>>89251478
Hopefully nothing.
The MCU is so bland.
>>
>>89251148
still hate that legio aint scotisch, it justs sounds so wrong
>>
>>89251485
I'll take bland over pure shit.

Only a supreme Fox shill would want the Fantastic Four rights to still remain with Fox after Fant4stic. They do a good job with the X-Men, but they have no idea what to do with the F4.
>>
>>89251524
Never was Legion a Scot in the first place.

He was always half-Jewish and Israeli-born.

Ultimate Marvel had Legion and Proteus be the same person, for what I can assume to be convenience's sake, but in 616, Legion wasn't Moira's kid, or Scottish whatsoever.
>>
>>89251841
>He was always half-Jewish and Israeli-born.
He spent most of his - then still very autistic - life on muir island. Makes sense that he'd pick up the accent.
>>
>>89251464
Nope. It's in it's own continuity.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/01/legion-does-not-take-place-in-x-men.html
>>
>>89251478
Ego the living planet
>>
>>89251932
you also see it in the writing style in his solo X-men legacy run, anywho it's just my preference as I made my mind voice him that way and he sounds weird without it to me
>>
>>89251478
>Please let it be Doom.
Why? So he can threaten the hero, get the maguffin and lose? I never understand why people think that Doom is gonna be any different from Ronan, Cross, Malekeith, Whiplash, Killian, Pierce, ect. ect. ect. He's going to be a boring villain cutout, whose developments is nonexsist in favor of some jocular or trivial scene featuring the heroes. Not saying FOX is doing anything good with him, but why are people deluding themselves into thinking the MCU will.
>>
>>89252326
>Cross, Malekeith, Whiplash, Killian, Pierce
as apposed to these guys doom has character, obviously it still depends on the writer but I believe that in combination with same powers as the heroes hurts allot of these foes
>>
>>89251148
Legion is a Noah Hawley joint? Damn it might actually be brilliant.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.