[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's next for his career?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (212KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
212KB, 600x800px
What's next for his career?
>>
Danny Phantom rebooted
>>
10 years of smoking blunts, playing video games, and browsing /co/ until another spark of creativity hits him
>>
Hopefully he just does low-key stuff like writing for other shows or voice acting, for a while.
>>
>>89240639
Makes a new cartoon for adults and it bombs.
>>
File: beach mordo.gif (1MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
beach mordo.gif
1MB, 600x338px
He did most of his ideas already I'd say.

If CN didn't get really shitty during it's 2nd half of air time I'd say he has enough money to live on for awhile, but part of making the money is the ratings and the rerun watches, the merchandise sales, and the episodes bought online.

>only a few rippers for Itunes buy the episodes
>Merchandise blows and aren't sold in stores anymore (the last piece of merchandise was 3 years ago) so you only can get second hand stuff online
>no reruns for years and the finale was the best promoted thing probably since Exit 9B and the only final season episode promoted since the first half
>the episodes not being promoted made the ratings worse than they already were because while people had dropped the show, the people who didn't wouldn't know when it aired because it was "conveniently" the only series left out of the thursday promos for months
>didn't promote the penultimate episodes at all anywhere that aired on a saturday at noon
>episodes kept getting put on the CN App without promotion ahead of the episodes airing on TV (without promotion)

If anything he still got paid to be showrunner and VA plus the other work he does, which I'm sure isn't small money but he could've been getting fucking rich off of a 6 year running show with 8 seasons and a movie, you'd think.

Also someone kept saying in the final episodes threads that some Season 7 episodes weren't being promoted, but I'm not sure. What I do know was that it's game changer half hour finale was aired in the shadow of the PPG/TTG special and the only promotion it got was at the end of the PPG/TTG 1 minute commercial and it was just 5 seconds like "oh yea this too" and they chose the most uninteresting clip that made it look like an accident it was included. This led people to constantly ask on their social media page and on youtube videos ever since S8 began "Why are they in space? when did this happen?". Fuck CN, he deserved better even if the dating arcs were lame.
>>
>>89241187
I bought the toys.
>>
>>89241187
>>89242005
He probably didn't get much money from the merch anyway. I had an animation teacher (who had a show on CN) tell us that because of how much money Matt Groening made from Simpsons merch, most networks really shrank how much a creator got from merchandise sales in their new agreements. Like a ridiculous percentage. My teacher said he was basically not going to get anything from merch. Then again, this was 10+ years ago, so maybe they changed it. I doubt it though.
>>
>>89242167
Proof of a CN animator/creator teacher?
>>
File: CCSummerfest.png (643KB, 1000x695px) Image search: [Google]
CCSummerfest.png
643KB, 1000x695px
>>89242237
I'm not gonna reveal that here. I will say that it aired during this though.

Also tons of professional artists/creators also teach, just fyi. Who do you think teaches at CalArts/Gnomon?
>>
>>89242167
What was the show they did?
>>
>>89240639
Chill a bit, do his own life

Maybe work on shows

Better that than touting "HEY BTW IM GONNA MAKE A SHOW ON FOX STAY TUNED ;))))"
>>
>>89242690
>Better that than touting "HEY BTW IM GONNA MAKE A SHOW ON FOX STAY TUNED ;))))"
literally what I said in one of the finale threads, so glad he's not doing that shit trying to stay relevant after his show is over.. that and voicing his political opinions towards everyone like hell and being a waste of space
>>
>>89242520
It's the Bagboy guy, isn't it
>>
>>89240733
Most believable case
>>
>>89242690
JG is already in production on a new show, for TBS. BTFO'd, anon
>>
>>89244882
Only one person said that and I don't believe 'em.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.