[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Captain America: Sam Wilson #18

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 30

This issue: #BlackLivesMatter
>>
>>89234228
>>
>>89234243
>>
>>89234266
Whatever happened to Ian Rogers/Zola?
>>
>>89234285
>>
>>89234307
How tough is Rage supposed to be? I thought he was bullet-proof level resilient. Are the Americops that strong?
>>
>>89234317
>tfw Misty Knight will never wake up you in the morning
>>
>>89234344
>>
>>89234375
Why are they keeping him in a normal cell? With his super strength, he could walk out whenever he wanted to.
>>
>>89234406
>>
>>89234444
I'm pretty sure that people would see you as even more of a hero if you beat the charges and stuck it to the man.
>>
>>89234480
He may be right about the disadvantages of the system, but Rage seems to be suffering from a martyr complex.
>>
I really like Rage man, keeping me in this book.
>>
>>89234508
Is anybody reading?
>>
>>89234531
Yes
>>
>>89234531
Thanks for the bump
>>
>>89234553
Would "recordings" taken from a bird's brain be admissible as evidence?
>>
>>89234480
I guess Spencer has a problem with Night Thrasher the character, which is kinda weird because he's using Rage the character. This is the exact situation Dwayne would 100% be there to bail Rage out of.

I'm not saying this is exactly like Waid's Strange Fruit or anything, but Spencer has made weird choices in what he vetoes on this book and probably isn't the person to write it.
>>
>>89234584
>>
>>89234266
>>89234285
>>89234307

I feel like both Spencer Cap books suffer really badly from decompression but also the weak narration that basically recaps the same plot and thematic points again and again with barely any forward momentum.
>>
>>89234406
>white cop won't let him in
>black cop does
Christ, Spencer. I don't mind politics in my comics, but this is hamfisted as shit.
Also, #ACAB
>>
>>89234613
>>
>>89234508
It's not really coming out here but Rage is much younger than he looks. He may not even be 18 with all the reboots and SW and whatever. Martyr kinda idealism fits for him.
>>
>>89234632
>>89234605
Rage doesn't want to get bailed out by anyone though, he wants to go through this like any poor black kid in his situations does.
>>
>>89234285
He was in that infinite elevator when the multiverse collapsed and ended up on Battleworld

I guess he didn't make it back
>>
>>89234660
>keikaku intensifies
>>
>>89234660
I both mean literally bail him out and talk him around. Or if Rage still insisted, then bust him out. Dwayne was basically Rage's big brother, and he looked out for him all the time.
>>
>>89234686
>Just according to keikaku
>Keikaku means plan
>>
>>89234344

she will never wake wake Danny up either
>>
>>89234720
>>89234703
Rage doesn't need help escaping, he could leave any time using his powers because the MU NYPD doesn't have special cells for powered perps for some reason.
>>
>>89234751
Is your Fox stand-in called Fix News or Fact News? Make up your mind Marvel.
>>
>>89234783
Fux News
>>
>>89234783
chimp out incoming

seriously though, are they pretending that in-universe anyone likes these americorps?
>>
>>89234751
It doesn't bug me that Spencer is ignoring superhero reality to make a point as much as it bugs me he's not seizing a good character opportunity and a part of the New Warriors and Rage in general I really enjoyed.

But, whatever. I never even expected Elvin to be here in the first place.
>>
>>89234783
And that's that, hope you enjoyed.
Next time: A video of a black man that was wrongfully arrested and violently beaten up cops was just released to the public, what do you think is gonna happen?
>>
>>89234783
Utter bs. Most blacks go to jail because they're criminals.
>>
>>89234807
In-universe Marvel citiziens loved every last bit of Norman Osborn and idolize Carol by the thousands.

So yes.
>>
OP Please storytime Gamora.
>>
>>89234605
IIRC NT and Rage fell out when Rage took NTs brothers side when he cucked NT by way of fucking Silhouette
>>
>>89234531
I'd really rather he was able to just tap into bird memories by meditating or something. This is pretty stupid.
>>
Thanks for the storytime.
>>
>>89234720
>Steve's advice was just what I needed
His advice was just "do whatever you feel like".
>>
>>89234344
2 arms? It's a miracle!
>>
>>89234751
>>89234783
So birds just happen so see things just like security cameras? And don't most birds have shitty vision? I really doubt this was an owl or some other raptor in the middle of New York that just happened to be in the right place at the right time, this was probably a pigeon, and pigeons can't see for shit and sure as fuck can't see for shit at night. And why the fuck would a pigeon be staring at this shit going down anyway?
>>
>>89235008
Does Rage even know Night Thrasher is alive? He seemed real excited when he thought Dwayne's brother was actually him.
>>
>>89235337
And how exactly does this technology work? So Sam gets all this INPUT from birds all over the city but he can't sort through it all himself? So there's telepathy going in, the device in his head sending it back out? Does his brain process it at all? What are the chances that this video is literally just a product of his goddamn imagination? Does he "edit" it, even subconsciously? Rage said there was a second thug WITHOUT super-speed. Where the fuck was HE?

Maybe Rage doesn't want Murdock called because would know we was lying.

Wouldn't that be a hoot?

Is this going to be like how it turns out Michael Brown had just held up a convenience store? Or how we found out that Trayvon had been smashing Zimmerman's head into the pavement? Maybe the message of these books is "hey black kids: want cops to stop beating you? stop being thugs!" Yeah, I can fucking dream.
>>
File: cawcaw.jpg (442KB, 1109x851px) Image search: [Google]
cawcaw.jpg
442KB, 1109x851px
>>89235337
Because he's the Pigeon King
>>
>>89235337
And so there's all this video from birds all over the fucking city. How the fuck is it ORGANIZED? How many fucking birds are there in that city? Millions? CCTV cameras feed into data centers in a controlled way, so it's easy to pull up "the traffic cam on 5th and Broadway" or whatever, but how does Sam search for the video of this ONE PARTICULAR BIRD sitting in THIS ONE PARTICULAR SPOT? Does he just watch them all? How long does that take?

And birds have eyes on opposite sides of their head, so wouldn't the feed look really fucking confusing to a human?

This is just a really poorly thought-out super power for Sam.
>>
>>89235444
No reason he would, no.
>>
>>89235624
And who the fuck has this kind of technology? How are we handwaving this away like this? Unless he went to Professor X for this, who the fuck else has any kid of experience with telepathic inputs? Because this is cerebro-level shit here, and Sam is all just "oh yeah I totes have this, got it off panel, nbd" and we're supposed to just nod and say "sure" because the plot requires him to have a video nobody else has?

It's just really hard to swallow.
>>
>>89235842
>Because this is cerebro-level shit here
It's beyond that. Cerebro is this massive fucking thing that Prof X has to sit inside, with this giant goofy helmet on his head. This is a device small enough to fit INSIDE Sam's skull that not only sorts through these MILLIONS of telepathic inputs and converts them into video, but can then broadcast all these millions of live streams to this remote facility. What the fuck kind of bandwidth are we talking about here? What's the power source? And with Cerebro they had the hand-wavium of "alien tech I dont got to explain shit" but here Sam is acting like he picked it up at the Radio Shack one day or something.

It's bullshit.
>>
>>89235215
>>89234720
>>89234686
RIOT
seriously how dumb could he be?
>>
>>89235842
>And who the fuck has this kind of technology?
Tony Stark gave it to him
>>
'Member Remender's All-New Captain America series, which was albeit too short, but told a fun and old-school story with Sam, without mentioning a characters race every page?

I 'member!
>>
>>89235624
I think its implied that he assigned certain birds to certain street corners. Because he's acting exactly like he's just pulling up footage from a traffic cam.
>"All I have to do it pull up the footage from that street last night and see what really happened."
So it's that simple, I guess. That was the bird assigned to that street and somehow the technology is able to sort it by bird.
>>
>>89236055
And how the fuck does Tony Stark have any goddamn idea how to record bird-vision being uploaded telepathically into a human?
>>
>>89234285
Note: Ian Rogers died on the way back to his home planet
>>
>>89234228
>This issue: #BlackLivesMatter
Wait, how is that different than, well every other fucking issue?
>>
>>89236386
Hey, I will have you know Sam is dedicated to diversity in all his work!

Other stuff includes "Illegal immagrant lives matter(more than the citizens trying to stop them coming here illegally).

See? Diversity!
>>
>>89234344
They're living together, now?
>>
>>89234729
On-one day. ;-;
>>
>>89236168
So what degree of control does Sam HAVE over birds? If he can tell thousands of birds (how many birds do you need to have even fractional visual coverage of New York City?) to sit in one goddamn spot instead of looking for food and shit for weeks at a time, what the fuck else can he do? Does he look at each bird and think "You, sit and watch this stretch forever. You, sit and watch this other stretch." or... or does he kind of send out a general "watch the city" command and they somehow self-organize the effort. They're BIRDS for fuck sake. And if the self-organize, how can the data storage place sort the data by street?
>>
>>89234526
I think rage is being a complete dumbass, but being a dumbass is cannon for the character.

>>89234807
They should have shown them actually being effective at stopping petty crime or some shit.

>>89234814
Even a simple aside like

>If you won't take help from me, will you at least listen to Night Thrasher?

>NO! I'm doing this one my way.

or

>Night thrasher says you won't even talk to him.

would have been nice.

>>89234828
A heart to heart conversation on justice and the surveillance state, where community leaders and stakeholders meet and calmly discuss the kinds of policies they want to see going forward??
>>
>>89234480
>1/3
wut
>>
>>89236933
that number is in dispute. It's a bit closer to 25 percent, because of things black hispanics who are deported and rearrested under a new name.

It's still ludicrously high.
>>
>>89236206
Tony Stark is like the 4th smartest dude in the multiverse
>>
>>89237076
last stat i checked was 700,000 which is around 4%.
>>
>>89237077
So Tony Stark now has a city-wide (nation-wide? global?) surveillance tool? Does Falcon really trust him with that kid of access? Is that in character?

And we have no reason to believe it was Tony Stark who built it: he just says it's "experimental" but doesn't say who designed it. Probably the best bet is Beast: Avengers connections, enough knowledge of telepathy and cerebro-tech to make it plausible, and his ethics are closer to Sam's (IIRC) so Sam is more likely to trust him.

But I don't even know what McCoy is up to anymore. Is he even still around? Or what, what's the deal there?
>>
File: 1448911314971.jpg (40KB, 595x165px) Image search: [Google]
1448911314971.jpg
40KB, 595x165px
>>89237233
>B-botnetman has a Botnet? H-how could this have happened?
This is you
>>
>>89237233
Sam has the tool, Tony doesn't have access to it at all since only Sam's powers can use it.

>>89237233
>And we have no reason to believe it was Tony Stark who built it:
We do actually, because we saw it happen in a previous issue.
>>
Thanks for storytiming, OP. I enjoy the comic.
>>
>>89234807
In universe people like Norman Osborn and think carol "I idolize stalin" Danvers are good people and good leaders. So yes they probably do
>>
>>89234828
A peaceful protest as people from both sides meet to discuss the situation calmly as they come to a resolution that is both impactful and accommodating to both sides?
>>
File: 1480226635939.gif (1MB, 440x300px) Image search: [Google]
1480226635939.gif
1MB, 440x300px
>>89238000
MLK did that and was assassinated.

Could Captain Hydra be plotting Sam's assassination?
>>
hamfisted politics aside, this shit is a bore
>>
>>89238072
And?
>>
>>89238072
No, that would turn Sam into a martyr. He wants Sam to be so overwhelmed that he'll quit.
>>
>>89235215
He knew that deep down, Sam wanted to release it but feared the consequences. Steve was goading him into releasing the footage because he knew it'd make the country even more divided which would make it even easier for him to take control in the name of HYDRA.
>>
>>89236022
>Cerebro is this massive fucking thing that Prof X has to sit insid
Not really. That wasn't until after the movie came out and Marvel decided to go all SYNGERGY with it. Up until then, it was just the giant goofy helmet.
>>
>>89234584
in marvel? yeah. they had testimony from a ghost-
>>
While Acuna's art isn't as on-point as it was for UXM or UA, still a great selling point for the book.
>>
>>89238756
My only gripe is that he forgot that Misty has a cyborg arm.
>>
any chance marvel is going to stop doing a forced agenda story every other issue of every book?
>>
File: Captain America on Trump.jpg (199KB, 916x895px) Image search: [Google]
Captain America on Trump.jpg
199KB, 916x895px
>>89239815
This is Captain America anon, it's always been political, you should probably save that complaint for other books.
>>
>>89239815

They only exist to push an agenda, even Sam.

Name a minority hero that isn't an agenda vehicle.
>>
>>89239917
/tv/ and newfags will never stop bitching about captain america being about america, anon
>>
>>89234508
He's a black dude who calls himself Rage, dresses up in some shitty half biker-half luchador getup, and fights police. This is less injustice and more darwinism. What emotions or thoughts is Spencer trying to even invoke here?
>>
>>89234783
So nobody is bothered that a private individual has cameras recording the entire country?
This is Orwell level stuff.
>>
>>89239486
She has a fleshy covering, Anon. I don't know why everyone forgets that.
>>
>>89234480
do we really always need to know who's funding the avengers?
>>
>>89234613
alright, are those fancy shades or are those just his eyes?
>>
File: 1474537408671.gif (3MB, 200x170px) Image search: [Google]
1474537408671.gif
3MB, 200x170px
>>89235337
>And don't most birds have shitty vision?
The opposite, what third world country did you grow up in to make you think birds have shitty vision?
>>
>>89241988
They fly into windows all the time. In general its more a bird has poor perception than vision
>>
>>89241253
Actual eyes. Notice he also has like big-ass wings and other bird shit
>>
>>89234508

Wait, Rage is black? I thought he was Mexican, hence the mask! He's clearly a luchador!
>>
>>89235215

I have to say, Evil Steve's advice is the best thing ever. He's clearly playing everyone, but it's Captain America! Of course he's giving good advice.

I bet Sam won't even connect the resulting chimpout to Steve.
>>
>>89234686
Fuck the law, you're nice!

You were right, this is BLM tier.
>>
File: trump and the bitter clingers.jpg (317KB, 1024x728px) Image search: [Google]
trump and the bitter clingers.jpg
317KB, 1024x728px
>>89234783
Where's the video of three black vigilantes torturing a special needs guy?
>>
File: spencer.jpg (317KB, 611x1332px) Image search: [Google]
spencer.jpg
317KB, 611x1332px
I think I actually hate Spencer more than Bendis.

Thats sayin something...
>>
>>89234686
The whole Fal'cap wanking is extreme, the only thing that makes this even partially bearable is that I know Steve is fucking with his head to get him to do the wrong thing.
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.