[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My Uncle works at Nint... Marvel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 17

File: cbr.png (37KB, 1292x274px) Image search: [Google]
cbr.png
37KB, 1292x274px
Get on it, Rich.
>>
Moeny.

Bs anways.
>>
>>89232085
>books that are well known to be selling cancellation numbers are going to be canceled
WHAT AMAZING INFORMATION THAT YOU COULD ONLY GET WITH AN INSIDE SOURCE!
>>
All the cancellations either we already 100% knew about or were easily guessable from the sales numbers, except maybe they could've chosen to keep Rocket and Gamora alive up to the movie.
The last three lines are just a guess, not an unlikely one but still it's nothing thread-worthy.
>>
>>89232085
To translate these rumors:
>Mass cancellation of Marvel books inbound
>Retailers were vocally upset with Marvel overshipping titles
>"Rocket Racoon", "Star-Lord", "Gamora", and other spin-off GOTG books are cancelled after one story-arc
>"Spider-Man 2099" is cancelled
>"Spider-Woman" and "Silk" are cancelled but may be relaunched as another book
>"Uncanny Avengers" is getting a new creative team
>"Occupy Avengers" to be cancelled after three or four more issues
>"Mosaic" and "Hellcat" are cancelled
>"Foolkiller", "Solo", and "Slapstick" are all gone
>The spin-off book to "Dr. Strange" is cancelled as well
>The new "Nick Fury" book, the new "America" book, "Kingpin", "Elektra" and "Iceman" may not make it past issue #5
>Marvel looking to go twice-monthly with GOTG and X-books, and with Captain America and Thor after the Secret Empire event
>>
>>89232179
The Guardians solos were all very obviously stealth minis. Filler 5-issue "fish out of water" Earth arcs for Star-Lord and Rocket and a backstory flashback for Gamora to cross off that two year old promise before the big movie relaunch. Somehow I doubt we'll be seeing any more Guardians solos for awhile.
>>
>>89232247
Rocket Raccoon is already cancelled per the trade solicit.
>>
>>89232247
>>"Spider-Man 2099" is cancelled
I'd feel bad about this, if Marvel didn't give Peter David their WORST artist.
>>
>>89232085
>most of the books he's mentioning as being cancelled are among Marvel's few good books
Oh good.
>>
>>89232179
>they could've chosen to keep Rocket and Gamora alive up to the movie
Given how decompressed books are these days, "cancelled after the first arc" would likely still place them as running up to the movie.
>>
>>89232247
How are these "rumors"? Everything here is either already confirmed or could be easily guessed just by looking at solicits and sales data.
>>
It's no surprise. Marvel has been in a tail spin and the new Marvel NOW offered nothing outside US Avengers to grab me. That preview book was piratically barren.

Marvel needs to realize that writing books solely for internet buzz is not worth it. Start making stories! Start building towards interesting ideas! Stop acting like blocks of wood who are minorities are stories!
>>
>>89232470
They all started in December and will run through April.
>>
>>89232504
And the movie comes out in the first week of May.
>>
>>89232503
That has never ever been their business model.

There is a reason the rarely do one shots or graphic novels.
>>
>>89232631
This. Idk if it's new readers or what but Marvel will never be DC. Marvel has never focused on long term storytelling or critical acclaim. The name of the game has always been issue to issue with small self contained arcs and then events.

Get over it.
>>
>>89232085

Don't drink and write.
>>
>>89232563
Yup, Duggan's relaunch too.
>>
>>89232733
This is the dumbest thing I've ever read on /co/.
>>
>>89232852
He's not wrong. Marvel has never really had a focus on storytelling or an interest in making an impact on the medium. It's always been about sales.
>>
>>89232247

No mention of Nova getting canned.
So far so good. Keeping getting those preorders in people!
>>
>>89232733
>or critical acclaim.
That's literally all they keep doing, even if Waid isn't selling enough to be a hot shot writer he's always complimented and you had nonsense like Squirrel Girl being nominated for an Eisner or how the media at large rides Mockingbird's comic dick because "muh".
>>
>>89232085
I can believe Rocket, Star-Lord and Gamora are going to be cancelled. They were all stealth minis anyways. However, it's their own damn fault the Guardians franchise is on life support. Worse if they refuse to fix it.
>>
Gee, Marvel. I thought Mosaic was supposed to be the next big thing.
>>
>>89232920
Again, that is short term buzz acclaim. Which is PR stunts, which is right in Marvel's wheelhouse. They go for the short term buck.

Marvel doesn't go for like actual lasting acclaim in the vein of how people bring up Watchmen, Red Son or Batman Year One.

Sure it happens from time to time like with Silver Surfer or Earth X but those are few and far between.

The copy hasn't and never will be interested in contained stories like that. They fight their battles in the floppies.
>>
I think the problem is that Marvel has done all the big tricks and now there's nothing left. The big name Avengers are all over the movies, so they try to change all their roster with new kids. All of these characters interact regularly so there is no more buildup. Kamala Khan was built up to meet Carol, and now we gotten to the point where she's an Avenger, quit the Avengers and no longer likes Carol Danvers in about 4 years. Avengers membership is a joke now because everyone has become one and now the roster barely matters.

What Marvel needs to do is lay solid foundations. Do an Avengers lineup for a big that feels big. Make each arc feel like an event is happening. Stop crossing over everything so much and let everything develop as a franchise again.
>>
>>89233012
>Mosaic
I keep thinking of the DC comic
>>
File: 1476552679780.png (227KB, 372x357px) Image search: [Google]
1476552679780.png
227KB, 372x357px
>>89233012
>Marvel's "Mosaic" is the comic on black identity we all need
>>
>>89232085

i mean that's like common sense stuff, not really insider info. outside of feeding /co/s everyone hates marvel meme
>>
>>89233119

> Do an Avengers lineup for a big that feels big.

you mean like say Thor and Captain America and Spider-Man on the team? and a story that crosses centuries of time?
>>
>>89233119
They just dont care.

I can't remember the last time they did.

I guess it was when they brought in Morrison to revamp the Xmen but even then that was only to capitalize on the movies.
>>
>>89233119
Let's talk about the real problem here.

They have no talent. What little talent they do had drank the koolaid and is more focused on social commentary than storytelling.
>>
>>89232870
And DC has? I say this as a someone that doesn't even buy cape books, so it's humorous whenever any of you company nerds take one side over the other. It's like reading an arguement about which is better food for you, McDonald's or BK, and dipshits will claim their shitty food is will make you less fat than the other company.
>>
>>89233197
How about they hold off on Kang? Kang has been used pretty frequently in the past few Avengers runs.
>>
>>89232870
He is absolutely wrong.
>>
>>89233230
I'm still not over how Sam Humphries, the guy who wrote that tedious Starlord run, ends up being so great at DC.

I mean, just look at how many books we keep getting where it's the writer standing up on a soapbox shouting "WOMEN ARE AWESOME!" and that's all we get. Hellcat, Squirrel Girl, Mockingbird (granted, it was issue 3 and the last one), and the new Wasp all seem so caught up with the genders that they don't care about, you know, story.

But hey, take a look at the Wednesday Spoilers tag on Tumblr, and the buzz is all about Bucky/Nat! So who cares about story when you have hyperventilating fangirls?
>>
>>89232275
>Somehow I doubt we'll be seeing any more Guardians solos for awhile.
That's good. It means Duggan can do something cool with the team instead.
Now if only Nova survived.
>>
>>89233234
What?

I'm not saying DC is better. I'm saying DC as a company has always been more focused on impactful stories and they just let their IPs work for them. Hence why they have so many elseworlds and self contained Graphic Novels.

Marvel has always been about advertising their IPs and trying to draw in new readers by putting writer's on books and letting the writer's do what they want in a monthly format while organizing a company wide event.

They are just different. Youd have to be dense not to accept that.
>>
It's too bad about Sorcerers Supreme. It's a really good book.
>>
>>89233129
It is. It had the black man get cucked by an asian woman
>>
>>89233230

I wouldn't be opposed to them making Loveness an exclusive and giving him more work.

He's done more quality in 2 issues of Nova then 75% of the their entire lineup.

Also, they need to put him on Champions. In 2 pages he wrote the team better then Waid has in 4 issues.
>>
>>89233288
Avengers A.I. was good, so it's not like he completely shit the bed at Marvel. I bet he was hampered by editorial and Bendis.
>>
Ewing's been doing the best Avengers run in decades since Might Avengers.

>>89233237

No more so than like Ultron tho right or any other villain? I guess I'm still holding onto residual anger at Bendis' era of shitty villains. I see your point though.

>>89233288

BUcky/Nat rocks and it's been years,
>>
>>89232085
I can verify this. Don't live in the States, but a LCS in Australia and New Zealand have had it with Marvel's single issues. They're gladly taking in Omnibuses, though.
>>
>>89233288
The problem with Star-Lord wasn't the story or even the romantic subplot, it was that Humphries couldn't help but to write Peter as a fucking retard, as a worse dudebro than Chris Pratt ever showed on any character he ever portraited, and most importantly, because he kept showing Peter as a complete useless loser. Although I will say it's pretty obvious there was lots of meddling on that book from Marvel and that Humphries wasn't happy about it one bit.
>>
>>89233496
Isn't that just character derailment? You don't have to spread it so long.

Their death in Annihilation was good enough closure. Why did they think it was a good idea to bring him back with the Pratt personality? Why? It's good for a movie, it's insufferable to put up with for a whole bloody year.
>>
>>89232247
Onky thing that upsets me here woyld be Duggan leaving Uncanny Avengers.
>>
>>89233542
I'm still not over the Dum-Dum LMD thing. God, that was a fucking mess.
>>
>>89233320

Richard Rider Nova is back in the current Nova book. Or do you mean surviving the cancellation wave?
>>
File: marvelitized.jpg (284KB, 900x1238px) Image search: [Google]
marvelitized.jpg
284KB, 900x1238px
>>89232085
>>
File: 555.jpg (27KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
555.jpg
27KB, 512x384px
>we are not making more comics for you old white racist piece of shit readers, now we make comics for a new generation of brave and socially well adjusted people of all races, genres and pronouns. in fact we are gonna dedicate entire pages to make fun of all you old readers, suck it!
it baffles me how did marvel fail to sell those books, their logic was just right.
>>
Marvel need room for the upcoming Disneyverse epic saga, featuring Elsa and Simba traveling the multiverse to save Love
>>
File: Avengers fun.jpg (1MB, 1920x2951px) Image search: [Google]
Avengers fun.jpg
1MB, 1920x2951px
>>89233702
Make my comics fun again please
>>
>>89233119
I hate to say it, but that's exactly what the waid book is. Each arc does feel like an event against big world threatening villains. It's just not that good and also has tied into two other stories.
>>
>>89233702
When you tell the story by the campfire badly, no one's going to pay attention and just head off to sleep. That and they tried to make it as though being a male and white is some kind of God-send and tried to turn them into apologetic buyers.

People don't react like that. They want to be entertained. I don't know why they're going on a tract every issue, though. They used to just be written badly since mid-00s.
>>
>>89232870
>>89233276

It's tricky to sum it up. Marvel has always cared in more limited capacities is safer to say. That theirs arcs and storylines are smaller branches. Marvel seems to value flexibility and changing things more than sticking to a plan having really long term branches.

Marvel is aboslutely about events. I don't know why >>89232733 says they are not. Marvels events always end with nothing changing though. Oh....someone died or quit or two characters are mad at each other..... big deal. The status quo is maintained. Marvel is not about drastically changing, it's all slow subtle changes in the little windows and arcs they are doing.
>>
>>89233740
is this sexual harrasement? I'm gonna have to write a letter.
>>
File: bueno.jpg (96KB, 344x672px) Image search: [Google]
bueno.jpg
96KB, 344x672px
>>89232085
>no mention of gwenpool
yes
>>
File: IMG_1621.jpg (103KB, 436x526px)
IMG_1621.jpg
103KB, 436x526px
>cenceling Doctor Strange the the Sorcerer Surpemes

I thought this book was gonna be shit and it's really awesome.
>>
>>89233537
It's what ruined the book. The same stories with a competent, intelligent and likable Starlord wouldn't have been half as bad.
>>
>>89233537
I think Marvel has been making some of their heroes dumber to make them seem less threatening. Tony, Quill and Parker act incompetent until the plot demands they don't.
>>
File: Naked avengers.png (476KB, 610x369px)
Naked avengers.png
476KB, 610x369px
>>89233803
No please anon
>>
>>89233579
Ewing fixed it.
>>
Is this the downfall of progressive Marvel? Will they finally get their shit together and have fun again?
>>
>>89233119
If I was one of the writers at Marvel I'd unironically steal the Mighty Avengers roster from the Assemble cartoon and pit them against Graviton, Count Nefaria and the Zodiac.

Captain Carol, BP, Ant-Man, Vision, Rulk and Songbird.
>>
>>89233942
Why?
>>
File: 1484711086268.jpg (1MB, 2560x1960px) Image search: [Google]
1484711086268.jpg
1MB, 2560x1960px
>>89234100

Fuck fun. I want suffering, misery and despair.
>>
>>89234509
Which can be fun. As long as it gets you reading, it's enjoyable for you - thus, for you, fun.
>>
>>89233012
Sounded pretty good too desu. I was at a panel at NYCC and the art alone was fantastic. It's a shame. Maybe they'll throw him on a team. I like the idea that he has a piece of shit personality.
>>
>>89234492
Because girls like stupid men.
>>
File: red-card.jpg (16KB, 400x475px) Image search: [Google]
red-card.jpg
16KB, 400x475px
>flagship book is pulling less than 40k
>>
>>89233384
>It had the black man get cucked by an asian woman

Asian women are stealing Black men's White women?
>>
Why are there so many fucking Avengers off shoots? It just waters down the group so much.
>>
I never trust anyone who treats it as big secret news that a low-selling solo book is going to be canceled. They're all going to be canceled. They're stealth limited series.
>>
>>89232275
they way they're going Rocket and Star-Lord will probably catch up with Carol with the most relaunch or rebranded volumes
>>
>>89233012
>Marvel's "Mosaic" is the comic on black identity we all need
I'm white so I really don't need it
>>
File: 1479246686017.png (232KB, 510x786px) Image search: [Google]
1479246686017.png
232KB, 510x786px
>>89233815
Read my mind, anon
>>
>>89232085
miguel didnt deserve it
cindy, jess and gwen can bite it
>>
>>89232247
>>The new "Nick Fury" book, the new "America" book, "Kingpin", "Elektra" and "Iceman" may not make it past issue #5
this isn't exactly like a hot take, those books are doomed to fail

how far ahead does Marvel actually produce their book, is is already to late to change the artist and tone of something like Electra and Iceman and do something people would actually enjoy.
>>
>>89234615
Yes.
>>
>>89235929
You know what would have been a fun Iceman book? Pulling one of their old romance book titles and having Iceman and Johnny Storm fighting for the affections of the same woman while a villain of the week spoils their dates.
>>
>>89232483
That's why they're brilliant

Almost everything but the double shipping on the last bullet point were almost definitely going to happen
Even /co/ thought marvel might try a Spider-women book since Jess and Silk are selling like shit

Makes it seem like the "leaker" know what he's talking about
>>
>>89236544
Now THAT sounds readable.
>>
>>89233018
which Silver Surfer volume you talking about, anon?
>>
>>89232301
It's a shitty situation overall. We get a Spider-Man 2099 book and barely any of it is spent in 2099. Who actually wants to read a Spider-Man 2099 book where he's in the present? What's even the point of that? You've taken away a lot of the appeal of the book right from the start.

It sucks because the 2099 setting is great. I'm working my way through X-Men 2099 right now and goddamn is it a good book that would never work if done as a typical superhero book or removed from its setting. Spidey's the same way. The setting helps shape the character and stories you can tell and removing that us like cutting off one of the characters' legs and telling him to run a race.
>>
>>89234552
>I like the idea that he has a piece of shit personality.
But every single Marvel character has a piece of shit personality. How is he any different?
>>
>>89233234
> I say this as a someone that doesn't even buy cape books,
Translation
>I don't know anything about comics but let me just make sweeping uneducated generalizations about them
>>
>>89233355
Most people that hate comics and have experience with them read Spider-man and X-men, got burned, and think that's what all superhero comics are.
>>
>>89232899
Your safe space of delusion will only protect you for so long, anon.
>>
>>89232085
>it's a Marvel copies DC again episode
>>
>>89234552
I don't think it's particularly bad. It's fairly middle of the road with great art which for modern Marvel puts it miles ahead of most anything. It's one of those books that would benefit greatly from an imprint like Marvel Knights still being around.
>>
>>89238526
Yeah it's not bad. Problem is it came around the time when Marvel fucked up badly with their main titles and also decided to saddle Mosiac with Inhumans and $3.99 cover price.
>>
>>89233942
I honestly think it's more that most of the writers they've brought in over the last 5-6 years are people who grew up on or were really into Joss Whedon shows where you have fast-paced quippy dialogue and sub-standard action because the real meat is how the characters interact with one another. Now combine that with a couple of other things (Bendis' success and his poor attempts at emulating Aaron Sorkin and David Mamet, a lot of media in general over the last 15 or so years growing more cynical and focused on assholes in a misguided "feet of clay" attempt) and that most of these people grew up only consuming mass media like children's cartoons, sitcoms, video games and again Joss Whedon shows and you get the current state of Marvel and the poor quality writers that work on 90% of their books. The Avengers making a billion dollars is, in a way, the worst thing to ever happen to Marvel creatively because they saw "wow people like that, let's make our books like that too".

That's not to get into the artists which isn't as dire of a situation but on a lot of their low tier books it's just people plucked straight from webcomics and Tumblr and their utter inability draw a proper page or do anything more than pin-up/cover style standalone illustrations is on full display. Henderson, Brittney Williams, Irene Strychalski, Will Sliney, Kris Anka, probably others I'm forgetting. All of them are absolutely horrid comic book artists and I think Sliney's one of the few newer guys who wasn't plucked directly from the webcomic/online illustration world.
>>
>>89237283
But that's implying Iceman is straight. When has he ever been portrayed as straight?
>>
>>89238800
>and that most of these people grew up only consuming mass media like children's cartoons, sitcoms, video games and again Joss Whedon shows and you get the current state of Marvel and the poor quality writers that work on 90% of their books.

I don't know if this is true but it would explain a lot.
>>
>>89238871
Up until Bendis, every writer before him wrote him as a heterosexual.
>>
>>89232085
My confirmation bias is ready to 100% believe this even though there are no proofs.
>>
>>89239309
Um, no. He was deeply closeted. Never straight so all of those "heterosexual" relationships were fake. You can't write a gay man as a heterosexual and Iceman has always been gay.
>>
>>89239309
pssst... he's baiting you, man
>>
>>89239562
No writer has yet to come forward and say "Yeah, I wrote him as closeted." This is seeing things through yaoi goggles, like those tumblrites who went ballistic when the author of The Outsiders definitively stated that no, the characters in her book aren't gay.
>>
>>89239901
Wasn't there a writer that claimed she wrote him as gay?
>>
>>89233230
The good talent left for Image. The really good became screenwriters.
>>
>>89239932
Marjorie Liu, who was bandwagoning possibly out of necessity since she wrote him the same time Bendis was.
>>
>>89239309
What do you think Iceman will do when he breaks free of Jean's mind rape and realizes all those cocks that have been in his mouth?
>>
Comics are planned out what, a year in advance? Not surprising they thought culture was trending progressive
>>
I see two issues:

The MCU audience is volitile based on how recent the movie was . Look at the sales for Solo.

Also, what young women like politically isn't what they like to consume in media. Less Bernie, more Supernatural
>>
>>89232247
>Dr Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme canned

Goddamnit, and it was good with nice art, fuck Aaron by making comics Strange not interesting at all to kill other books.
>>
>>89240005
Maybe people would finally understand Jean Grey is a villain after Bobby exposes her as the cunt she is
>>
>>89232920

>and you had nonsense like Squirrel Girl being nominated for an Eisner

That was more negative PR for Eisners than positive PR for Marvel.
>>
>>89233320
Well, the first issue got a second printing, so there's hope.
>>
>>89240319
>negative PR for Eisners
Was there any sort of back lash over the nomination? If not, then what anons on /co/ think is hardly bad PR.
>>
>>89240370

/co/ is like the only place that hates Squirrel Girl.
>>
>>89240393
I don't hate Squirrel Girl, but is it award worthy? No.
>>
>>89239901
I'm b8ing you jesus christ, I've autistically ranted about how much I hate Fagman way too much up to this point
>>
>>89232247
But gwenpoole is fine
Right?
>>
>>89239984
False. She wrote Iceman when Aaron was writing the main X-Book. That's why he was with Kitty at the time. And she did write him pretty closeted.
>>
>>89240005
I think he's gonna be pretty chill_ about it

>>89240093
They've been pushing some kind of agenda like that since 2011 at least, though.
>>
>>89240490
Bendis was writing teen Bobby, the gay one, though.
>And she did write him pretty closeted.
I need proof here, because I read those issues, and saw nothing of the sort.
>>
>>89240490
Probably to hint at bendis' retcon if you're telling the truth. I'm still fucking mad they didn't even just meet halfway and just go he's bi. This was just a big fuck you from bendis because no one liked him.
>>
>>89240370

A legitimately bad comic loved by Tumblr gets nominated to Eisners. Shows any comic fan that is not an SJW that Eisners are shit, if they haven't realized it yet already.
>>
>>89240636
Hell I think civil war and fear itself ran for Eisners, no?
>>
>>89232301
While Sliney is by no stretch of the imagination a top tier artist, he's far from being the worst Marvel has under its employ.
>>
>>89240776
He's almost Henderson or Malin-tier though.
>>
File: Astonishing X-Men.jpg (2MB, 1920x2951px)
Astonishing X-Men.jpg
2MB, 1920x2951px
>>89240546
There's plenty of pages but if you can't see the subcontext on this one then I can't help you. It's blatantly obvious.

>>89240571
I seriously doubt Bendis had thought that far ahead when Liu wrote this, much less telling anyone about it. If he had thought about it, he would've put it in the very next issue of ANXM. Remember the real reveal was done out of nowhere anyways so there was no need for any setup in Bendis mind.
>>
>>89240948

>That inking.

Holy shit my sister in junior high could do better.
>>
>>89240948
That's only subtext if you completely ignore the actual context, a habit tumblr is often guilty of.
That was an Eleanor Rigby moment, not an "I'm unhappy because I have to pretend to be straight" moment. When he was free, he didn't go out and fuck a bunch of dudes, he collected all his old ex-girlfriends to protect them from the end of the world he was going to bring about.
>>
>>89241024
You do realize the author herself said there was gay subcontext right?
>>
>>89241115
I believe she was lying for progressive points. I don't believe one can write a story where an uninhibited Bobby, free to act on his desires, decides to destroy the world and only save the women he's had sex with, and then decide he's actually sad about being closeted based on a strained reading of the final page.
>>
>>89233012
>the comic on black identity we all need
isn't he a basketball player with powers that involve stealing
>>
>>89232247
Not like I was reading any of it but I hate to see Spidey 2099 go.
>>
>>89234804

They're used to doing this shit with the X-men.

There's like usually 5 different X-men titles right?

Right now there are:

>All-new X-men

>Uncanny X-men

>Extraordinary X-Men

>All new Wolverine(If we're being technical)

I mean, that's not 5, but still, it's that's some shit you'll be slapped with if you're willing to follow everything X-men related.

I don't really understand why they do it either. DC only keeps like one book for the Justice League. There's no need for a thousand Avengers titles. It actually just discourages the reader because they tend to think that they gotta follow all that other bullshit in order to figure out the whole story.
>>
>Purports to be leaking that X-Men will double ship.

We knew that already:

http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/11/28/x-men-gold-and-blue-rosters-and-creative-teams-revealed

"X-Men: Gold and X-Men: Blue are launching in April 2017 as part of Marvel's wave of "ResurrXion" titles that spin out of the upcoming Inhumans vs. X-Men event. Both books will ship twice per month."
>>
>>89241165
It's one of those things like the Korra/Asami romance where it's written juuuuuuust vaguely enough that people can read what they want into it and technically be right without having to fully commit to the idea in story. I do think Liu was doing a bit of retroactive justification but at the same time she was running X-Men fan sites and shit like 15 years ago while still in college and very much has that "female fandom" mentality so I would be equally unsurprised if she wasn't lying.

Again though, even ignoring that story I don't know how you could ever get the impression from the rest of his history that Bobby was gay given how most of his relationships ended (immaturity, girlfriends not wanting to be involved with his superhero life, crazy or technically genderless nebulas that were presented as women then decided to be men). Shit Austen's run has a subplot where Bobby is uncomfortable with Northstar's flirtations because he's not at all gay and Austen was always a liberal guy in the cringey high schooler way so he likely would've had no problem with making Iceman gay.
>>
>>89241165
>tfw when chuck austin got into x-men too early
>if he just waited 20 years he would have been able to do iceman/northstar like he wanted with no fuss
>>
>>89232085

Anybody else think Marvel wanted this so that they could justify their own Rebirth?
>>
>>89243405
No. They are awful with trends.
>>
>>89242276
Because the DC equivalent to how the X-Men sold would be Batman. And there's always been 101 Batman titles. You always have as many titles of whatever your big franchise is. It's why we used to have a fuck ton of X-Men titles when they were the best sellers. Then a bunch of Spider-Man titles. And a bunch of Superman titles. And so on and so on
>>
>>89232733
>The name of the game has always been issue to issue with small self contained arcs and then events.
>always

Read some comics from before you were born when (if) you can take the cocks out of your mouth
>>
>>89232085
>hellcat cancelled
Surprised it lasted this long.
>Foolkiller slapstick solo all gone
OH SUPER SURPRISED AT THAT ONE
Seriously who the fuck thought ANY of those was a good idea?
>>
>>89232085
>Kingpin will only get 5 issues
IT'S NOT FAIR
>>
File: 15_02.png (227KB, 306x350px) Image search: [Google]
15_02.png
227KB, 306x350px
>>89232503
>US Avengers
>piratically
>>
>>89233012
>W-WHY NOT MAKE NEW BLACK CHARACTERS INSTEAD
>>
>>89232085
How the fuck am I supposed to take this as real when it seems to have been written by a 10 year old with downs syndrome?
>>
>>89233579
Oh yeah what was it, still a fake body all this time but it was actually him?

Not really fixing what happened.
>>
>>89246785
Oh yeah, and they did everything right about it, too. :/
>>
>>89246854
So you think it's by an actual current Marvel writer?
>>
>>89246785
Maybe no one likes blacks and it's a waste of time doing either option?
>>
>No mention of Nova, U.S.Avengers and Gwenpool.
Hope they're safe.
>>
>>89250472
Gwenpool is literally a meme book, once the Gwen meme ends it will be quietly cancelled and never mentioned again.
>>
>>89243677

Right. Marvel needs to get over their petty fox/x-men bullshit. X-men sells. People love it. Stop betraying your fans/customers and give them what they want. Lots of it, options, fuck it.
>>
File: JUST.jpg (346KB, 1892x1900px)
JUST.jpg
346KB, 1892x1900px
>>89232085

Bad sales?
>>
>>89235096
Has Punisher been topped for highest number of volumes?
>>
>>89232085
the guy is usually right, but god, he spells like a retard
>>
>>89240825
I hate him, but no he is not even fucking remotely Malin tier, he actually has basic anatomy down.
>>
>>89244733
it's not wrong. marvel was more down-to-earth type
>>
File: 1159809-gamora.jpg (200KB, 720x864px) Image search: [Google]
1159809-gamora.jpg
200KB, 720x864px
> Gamora Canceled...
I would be upset if she had been sexy but Marvel had to be prude sadist fucks.
This way at least Marco has a chance of being the artist on the inevitable Male Thor with Ultimate Hammer ongoing.
>>
>>89246785
they shouldn;t have made him shithuman
>>
>>89233740
>sniktbub
>avenger
this is where you go wrong
>>
>>89232870
Easy there, DCfriend.
Marvel's a business, but if you think they don't care at all about stories or creativity, and *never* have, you're just being a fucking idiot. If for no other reason than there's a goddamn revolving door back and forth between the two companies, with the same creators, artists and editors bouncing around every couple of years since the beginning of Marvel.
>>
>>89233467
A.I. was absolute garbage for anyone but pymfriends
>>
>>89254118
Why did marvel go full Taliban? DCis still doing hot shit. Just look at Black Canary in Green Arrow.

Show fucking skin. I swear the Muslim countries were taken over by feminists.
>>
>>89232277
Rocket Raccoon (2014-2015)
Groot (2015)
Rocket Raccoon and Groot (2015-2016)
Rocket Raccoon (2016-2017)

Will they ever learn? None of them got a third trade, Groot and latest RR barely scratched the 6th issue. Marvel should give up on them when it's not GOTG movie season.
>>
>>89241168
And pretending to be white people all the time for some reason, i don't recall him becoming another black man so far
>>
File: 1483841796398.jpg (516KB, 895x895px) Image search: [Google]
1483841796398.jpg
516KB, 895x895px
>>89232085
>Mfw they start double-shipping Champions, Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel and the rest of mediocre-shit titles and get their sales even worse.
They need to hit rock bottom to realize that relying on people that don't buy comic books is not a sustainable system.
And Bendis shouldn't write 5 pet projects at the same time
>>
>>89255943
>Bendis shouldn't write
This.
Thread posts: 165
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.