[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New52 best of?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: new-52-justice-league.jpg (339KB, 1469x951px) Image search: [Google]
new-52-justice-league.jpg
339KB, 1469x951px
What were your top titles from the New52?

Mine were

>Batman
>Action Comics by Morrison
>Batman/Superman by Pak
>JL by Geoff Johns
>Wonder Woman by Azzarello
>'Tec after Manapul and Buccellato took over
>Tomasi and Gleason Batman and Robin

Honourable mentions would go to Pak Action Comics, they were quite good but were plagued by the fucking cross overs. Shazam by Johns were also good, but felt like obvious movie bait. Batwoman was great too, but honestly, a little inconsistent.

Still want to read-tier

>Aquaman
>Green Lantern
>>
>Morrison Action Comics
>Azzarello Wonder Woman
>Soule Red Lanterns
>Snyder and Soule Swamp Thing
>Giffen/Dematteis Larfleeze
>King/Seeley Grayson
>Lemire Green Arrow

That's all I can think of
>>
You should read Demon Knights. It's very good.
>>
>>89225159
>Action Comics by Morrison

#1 thing I always recommend, whole heartedly

* Flash by Manapul and Buccellato for the art and designs, and the fact that Barry smiled at least once each issue, and was nice to the people he was saving at least once each issue, and no one was chopped in half or met death in a really vivid way at least once each issue

>Aquaman

first arc was readable considering I'd never read it, but when it got into Arthur and the Others and the second arc, it just seemed idiotic and stupid that I just stopped reading it and haven't bothered since. When I work my way through some other stuff, I'll probably grab the trades since my library has them.

* Adventures of Superman, digital first (which isn't really New 52) is the one thing I read from start to finish that I really liked.

* Justice League Dark had a lot of interesting ideas and a lot of interesting art, but crossing over with Forever Evil killed it, though I did read all the trades (again, didn't buy, read library copies).

* Frankenstein Agent of SHIELD was good

* Grayson - liked the art, it tried to be too clever and that didn't pay off

Still want to read (have heard too many good things):

* Demon
* Dial H
>>89225442
>Snyder and Soule Swamp Thing

You'd recommend this unreservedly?

>Lemire Green Arrow

Read the first trade, liked it enough, library didn't buy it so I might pirate the rest
>>
>>89225647
Yeah, I think Snyder's run was a great horror comic and even the Animal Man crossover was decent. Soule's Swamp Thing is great from beginning to end and the Whiskey Tree arc with Constantine is one of my favourite stories of the nu52
>>
>>89225647
Op here, forgot I want to read New52 Flash too. But I've heard very mixed opinions of it. Though I don't know how much of that is just Wallyfags shitting it up.
>>
>>89225159
>What were your top titles from the New52?

I hated every single one of them.
>>
>>89225753
It is what everyone says it is. Kind of boring but with amazing art. The "DC Comics Proudly Presents The Flash" thing Manapul did every issue was just fantastic to look forward to.

You won't get a single memorable story out of the whole run but you'll remember a lot of the scenes thanks to Manapul.
>>
>>89225159
>'Tec after Manapul and Buccellato took over
Dat Squid arc.
>>
>Green Lantern
>Sinestro
>Supergirl
>Justice League
>>
>>89225753
>>89225944

I like Wally but don't really have an issue with that. I was familiar with Golden Age Barry because those comics were free and my relatives gave me a lot of them - but I didn't have an issue with the characterization - ditto as with the DCW tv show.

But as I said above and as the second anon said, the LAYOUTs and the art were gorgeous and the first three arcs were worth it for that. Someone gave me the trades and then I turned around and donated them to one of my local libraries (because I don't have room), but I got the digital floppies because I think the art is as good. The villains were just boring and the over all big bad turned out to be pretty obnoxiously stupid, even when they were still on as writers, it wasn't worth it, so I think it's just the first three arcs.

>>89225670
Thanks - I will check it out. I thought the Superman Annual with Swamp Thing was just fantastic and I really liked how he was used in Justice League Dark. All I knew of the character before the New 52 was that Swamp Thing movie so I just didn't even give it the ghost of a chance.
>>
>>89225767
>I hated every single one of them

I bet you're one of those people who hate-watches Gotham, amirate?
>>
File: The Flash v1 (1961) 125.jpg (139KB, 600x949px) Image search: [Google]
The Flash v1 (1961) 125.jpg
139KB, 600x949px
>>89226290
>Golden Age Barry

Dur - meant to type Silver Age Barry
>>
All Star Western and Amethyst
>>
>>89226304
not that anon, but I personally love watch Gotham
its my favorite comic book show besides iZombie and Outcast
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.