[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would comics be better to follow if the authors just created

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1393266242553.png (107KB, 286x306px) Image search: [Google]
1393266242553.png
107KB, 286x306px
Would comics be better to follow if the authors just created their own separate universes where they follow their own continuity?

I really don't like how almost all of the comic series change in quality every time a new author/team gets their hand on it. Every time that happens the characters all suddenly have different characteristics and it's just disappointing especially if the characters were already likable.

In general, how would you make them more consistent and more protected to being passed around?
>>
>>89221666
>Would comics be better to follow if the authors just created their own separate universes where they follow their own continuity?
Protip: any author worth reading at all has been doing that since the sixties.

And that's only just ONE of the perks of upgrading from a filthy plebeous characterfag to a godly sex-kinging creatorfag!
>>
Have you ever considered reading creator-owned comics?
>>
>>89221666
Great. Maybe the studios will churn out movies with the same characters but set in different continuities.
Then the fanboys can move from Marvel vs. DC to which author did the character better while the studios rake it in. More movies, more money.
Thanks for the idea, Satan.
>>
>>89222111
I do, but I feel like it should be more widespread than it is now.
>>
File: 1452035958400.gif (384KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
1452035958400.gif
384KB, 350x263px
I don't understand how people can become attached to characters when knowing that they will be changed into something different within time. Even if there are strict guidelines in writing a character, it doesn't exactly remove all the problems that may appear when someone new takes over. Hell, even the current writer for something good may fumble.
This can happen with any series for both comics and cartoons, but people are still too damn dense to accept it.
>>
>>89222570
Apparently that's "character development".
It's the go to excuse every time a writer gets called out on making his character into a trainwreck.
>>
>>89222570
>I don't understand how people can become attached to characters when knowing that they will be changed into something different within time

Whoah now. All it takes is one good run to become attached to a character. And a lot of times it's the foundation or recognizable traits of a character that people really like.

>This can happen with any series for both comics and cartoons, but people are still too damn dense to accept it

Now this I can agree on. When a character I'm attached to is being mishandled, I just move onto something else. I'll come back if I hear about things picking up but there's no sense wasting time crying about it. It's almost always bound to happen with company-owned characters, or any long-running character in general.
>>
>>89221666
It can work the opposite way, a bad writer/artist gets replaced for a better one that then goes on to make a better run than his/her predecessor.

A lot of a character's best runs weren't by their original creators.
>>
There's no way around it. You either accept Marvel/DC characters/franchises for what they are or move on comics worth your time. I'm pretty sure that most writers accept the former to a certain extent, which is why you get the inconsistency in the first place.

I've never really gotten the anti-continuity/sandbox mindset, because for all the inconsistencies, giving writers blank checks to do whatever isn't even a band-aid.
>>
>>89221666
Without shared continuity comics would lost their distinctiveness.
What's the difference between standalone comics and heavy illustrated books?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.