[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DC Rebirth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

File: DC Rebirth #1 Wally and Barry.jpg (717KB, 1242x1824px) Image search: [Google]
DC Rebirth #1 Wally and Barry.jpg
717KB, 1242x1824px
Just started reading rebirth and this page got me...
>>
>>89217985
It's too bad that half the people who wanted him back don't care that he is.
>>
>>89218135
Titans is selling alright despite really lukewarm writing and horrible art.

If they put a good team on it and advertised it it might actually be a top seller.
>>
>>89218135
Wallyfags care, there's just not as much of them as it seems. They were a loud minority. Barry's still the popular one (as seen by The Flash's absurdly good sales comparatively -- second only to Bats when it comes to solos).
>>
>>89218880
It doesn't help that Wally's book doesn't have The Flash as the title (Since it's Titans focused). I own every single Wally West comic, so I'm a huge Wallyfag and even I didn't know what book he was in until a semi recently. Barry also has a tv show and people who can't differentiate the two are likely to just buy whatever book is titled The Flash.
>>
>>89218135
Fuck off, we're fucking delighted, overjoyed, and excited that he's back.

"half the people" is a gross exaggeration, at best.

The real issue is simply that a fair percentage of the people who were still reading before, and even right up to, his banishment just don't read comics anymore. The contraction of the market is real, and hard to overcome.
>>
>>89217985
Also, in a more positive not:

That page got all of us, anon. You aren't alone.
>>
>>89219261
That and bringing back Barry was a complete disservice to both fucking characters. It'd be like bringing back Uncle Ben.
>>
>>89219325
>in = on
>not = note

God, I haven't even been drinking tonight.
>>
>>89219349
I didn't know Uncle Ben trained Spider-Man before he died.
>>
>>89219660
Not what I meant anon.
>>
>>89219349
I quit Flash way back when because they killed him and, you know, "it's the suit", so to speak, not the guy in it.

Fuck you, writers.

I have no idea how many others did this -- obviously not enough to get the book canceled -- but OP is right, it's been decades and who the fuck cares anymore?

Kill off the parallel worlds, split it up again, repeat ad nauseum.
>>
>>89219660
He literally defined Peter's moral and personal outlook so it's about as close.
>>
>>89219731
Just yanking your chain.
>>89218305
>horrible art
Better than Flash's.
>>
>>89220047
>Better than Flash's.
Nah

I mean Flash's isn't amazing but Booth is horrible.
>>
>>89218880
You gotta take into account that many moved on after being dicked around a lot. Maybe some will come back in time if they know, maybe not, since they think if they come back they'll be dicked again.

I think it was after a certain interview, and the introduction of other Wally that people kinda lost hope on this happening.

Then it finally happens, but it really didn't advertise itself that well. People need to know about it.

Also Wally had more fans, Barry wasn't the more popular one, until ten years of Geoff Johns pushing him badly until he developed a fanbase. Kyle also used to have fans, but Geoff did the same thing with Green Lantern. Now no one knows what the fuck is going on there. The TV series helps get the normalfags in on it.
>>
>>89220652
I mean, you can blame DC for it but that doesn't change how it is now. Barry is one of the best sellers at DC right now while Wally's well below him. DC only really cares about its active fanbase, whatever few thousand Wally fans gave up comics purely because Wally got fucked aren't going to bridge a 20k sales gap.
>>
>>89221582
But both of them are selling well. Creators of Titans said they didn't even expect it to stick.

Wally's problem isn't with fanbase, it's with WB itself because of ~synergy~
>>
>>89221582
Fuck off Barryfag, Titans is one of the more successful titles of Rebirth. Nobody expects 100k on these books and Titans isn't even pushed enough like Barry's book so fuck off and take your negativity elsewhere
>>
>>89221687
>>89221738

Titans is selling okay for relaunch numbers. It's only 8 issues in, after all. Lots of shit looked amazing saleswise 8 issues into the New 52, too.

This conversation started with saying there just aren't that many Wally fans, comparatively. Who knows how well Titans would sell without Nightwing bringing in the batfags with excess money (I obviously don't consider the rest of the crew significant enough to impact the title beyond its name value).

Barry's book is the epitome of mediocre and it's still selling like hotcakes. People love Barry. If people loved Wally more I'm sure they'd be picking up the only book he shows up in.
>>
>>89221840
> there aren't enough wally fans
> it's just relaunch numbers!!!

Barryfag, you can write your own fanfiction but I'm done with your bait here.
>>
>>89220652
are you implying hal didn't have fans before johns took over? I assure that was npt the case
>>
>>89222063
The numbers have been declining consistently every month. If the entire fanbase reading it was a bunch of raving rabid Wally fans we'd presumably see growth or atleast standing at it sales numbers.

I wouldn't have brought up relaunch numbers if it didn't decline. Did you fucking think there were 100k Wally fans after Titans #1? Where'd over half of them go, Anon?

A lot of people bought the book at the start because they thought whichever book had Wally would follow the Manhattan plot. Once people realized it didn't, numbers plummeted.

A lot of the people still buying the book are almost certainly still of that mindset, expecting it to be a slow development.

You act like Wally didn't get canned originally due to incredibly poor sales. The character isn't some huge draw. He doesn't compare to Barry's numbers, no matter who I or you prefer.
>>
>>89217985
Rebirth got me into comics, i havent been reading for a while but i knocked out the essentials and read most of mark waid's flash run and really liked it. now that with the rebirth flash series going about, i dont really care about barry allen or black wally west. I think theyre boring characters. Now im settling into Titans and Green lantern (hal jordan and the corps; not the other one, although it might be good)

Any reccomendations? is blue beegle any good, aquaman?
>>
>>89223289
You should follow up Waid's Flash with Johns' Flash. It's almost as good and the art is generally better.
>>
>>89217985
easily impressed retards
>>
>>89217985
That last Titans issue with Superman was great
>>
>>89223626
Eh
>>
File: gaaaaayjpg.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
gaaaaayjpg.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>
>>89217985

It's a beautiful page I will agree there.

However this anon >>89218135 is right. I think there's only one or two cancerous Wallyfags and neither of them are picking up Titans anyway.
>>
>>89219733

So you're admiting your in your mid forties at least, have autism, and shitpost on /co/?

Good to know, especially as your opinion about things seems very important to me.
>>
>>89222247
>are you implying hal didn't have fans before johns took over? I assure that was npt the case

I mean he's a pretty good supervillain. I'm not a fan of him being on the Justice League though, which Rebirth did correct.
>>
>>89220157
Booth's people look like people, the colorist is wank but otherwise it's passable
Carmine's art is ok when she doesn't draw faces, her Iris is more manly than Barry ffs and since this run focuses more on the civilian aspect it disqualifies her
>>
>>89226483
Carmine is a dude.

I also don't see what you're saying but Booth's Iris also looked ugly as shit a lot of the time.
>>
>>89224800
John's run bought in new fans for Hal Jordan. Otherwise many casuals just thought Stewart or Rayner were the true GL. I personally hate John's version that many have fallen love with. I preferred Pre-parallax Hal, who was a completely different character than current Hal John's created to wank over.
>>
>>89226637
>I preferred Pre-parallax Hal, who was a completely different character than current Hal John's created to wank over.

The thing is they HAD to change Hal's character once they made him go all Parallax. Should they have done the Parallax thing with him? Probably not, but they did. And because of that Hal had to change as a character.

Are the changes good? Not necessarily, but they were necessary.
>>
>>89226637
I disagree. Did Johns change Hal's character? Yes, but it wasn't radically different than the way Hal had been going since Jones for sure, and probably since Wolfman.
>>89226695
Well, not really. They had already made him the Spectre (great book by the way, needs a reprint) and he had essentially redeemed himself. But then when Johns took over he decided to fix the Parallax mistake his own way and threw the baby out with the bathwater.
>>
>>89224742
I love how the artists had to go out of their way to make sure this (as well as the original) wasn't interpreted as gay.

The moment it's self is pure as sunshine, sure, but that stance is just ridiculous.
>>
>>89227038
You fucking what? That looks far gayer than any normal old hug
>>
>>89227144
I'm saying they tried, not succeeded.
>>
>>89219349
>It'd be like bringing back Uncle Ben
Anon, I haver bad News for you...
>>
>>89227038
>>89227144
>>89227185
>A man hugging his nephew is gay
>>
>>89227329
Kek
>>
>>89227383
Staring into the other person's eyes is a gay hug, if both the people involved in the hug is a dude. Just a fact of life, mate.
>>
>>89227383
He's not even his nephew anymore.
>>
>>89217985
This panel is legendary thanks to master comic book artist Phil Jimenez. I loved his work in The Invisibles and the controversial issue of Constantine, Shoot. However, Phil Jimenez really shines brightest with the superhero genre.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.