[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else really happy with the current state of things comic-wise?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 9

Anyone else really happy with the current state of things comic-wise?
>>
Not really.
>>
Other than the state of Justice League, I'm really enjoying it.
>>
Eh... Most of the Rebirth stories have lost steam and Marvel Now 2.0 is a miserable failure.
>>
I wish the GL books were better but rebirth is pretty good overall
>>
>>89211378
Everything DShit does is nothing but a tantrum from greedy fat entitled child who thinks they deserve to run every industry. How else can you explain them CONTINIOUSLY dumping some of the worst movies ever made and refusing to stop? They're trying to kill all superhero movies and now that they have AT&T to bail them out they're willing to tank their company to do it. Or look at their comics where they're double shipping tons of variants and doing their stupid return policy so that they can pretend to sell comics when they aren't. They're spiteful, lying shits who think they're better than everyone else, and they don't care about their company as long as they can hurt Marvel. They know they're dying and they're just trying to take Marvel down too.

I wish everyone who ever worked on or saw a DShit movie was fucking beheaded. DShit is the worst company of all time and does nothing but intentionally kill industries out of spite. They think that since they're incapable of making movies that nobody should be allowed to so they're trying to collapse the movie industry. They need to be arrested and put on trial, because this shit is criminal.

Say no to DShit comics, merchandise, games, movies.
>>
DC has limited real "talent." Marvel has this problem too. All of the good writers just go independent now because it's more lucrative and they own their ideas.
>>
>>89211468
Honestly I've been wanted to drop Green Lanterns because I'm pulling too many books. I keep telling myself as soon as it gets shitty I'm gonna drop it... but its been like 5 issues and am still entertained by it. I just can't bring myself to drop it yet.
>>
>>89211449
This.
>>
>>89211502
Get back to work, Alonso.
>>
>>89211502
This has potential.
>>
>be worst at making comics
>make worst movie ever made
>flops
>tank entire company

DC is fucking going out of business and I can't wait. I hope Marvel buys them out and just starts killing off their characters left and right. I want Batman and Superman to get made into fags, turned into villains, and killed.

It will be glorious
>>
>>89211587
Too unsubtle.
>>
IP count isn't rising, interesting pattern
>>
>>89211624
>>89211587
>>89211502
lol.
>>
>>>/qa/956659

Reminder to go here to tell the mods about DC raid threads.
>>
It's not perfect, but I'm pretty happy with it. I wish Marvel were putting out more quality titles - get Ennis to finally release The Platoon, for god's sake - but with the sheer volume of enjoyable DC, Image, and a few various indie comics I don't think I have money for more than a couple Marvel comics anyway given how much they charge out the ass.
>>
>>89211657
Nobody ever agrees with those threads.

Yeah, "threads" because you're so autistic you spammed that thread three times now
>>
>>89211378
Not really. If you don't count Young Animal, my DC pull-list is the smallest it's been in over 6 years. Rebirth is basically applying the Dan Jurgens philosophy of comic quality to the entire line. There's very little that's actually "bad" but there's almost nothing that's genuinely "good" either. It's all just a bunch of extremely middling comics. Despite all the hype in the first couple months, just about the only mainline DC books I'm still enjoying are Deathstroke and Superman. Hopefully Supersons is good because that's the only Rebirth book still coming that I have any interest in at this point.

I'd rather have 40 shit books and a dozen good books (New 52) than 29 mediocre books, 2 good books and 1 shit book. I get that if you're the type of person that wants to "stay up to date with the universe" and insists on reading fucking everything a publisher puts out, the latter might be preferable, but for me, I'm not going to waste my time or money on mediocrity just because it has characters I like in it.
>>
>>89211378

I'm enjoying most everything they put out. I'm not saying this is the greatest DC has ever been but I've got nothing to complain about either. So good Job DC, I guess.
>>
>>89211378
I like it
>>
I've been happy with Rebirth mostly because it panders to me. Apart from that it's not BAD, but it's hardly anything outstanding. Still I hope it's overall proven a success and becomes a stepping stone in the right direction. And that they fucking fire Harass Berganza already.

I don't really read Marvel anymore.
>>
File: 1472319778966.jpg (133KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1472319778966.jpg
133KB, 960x960px
So /co/, i haven been here for a while and stopped reading the Rebirth books like 6 months ago, but i just wanted to ask..

Did Dr Manhattan made another appearance? Did the whole "Nothing ever ends" went somewhere?
I remember reading the main books into like the 5th issue and Manhattan was nowhere to be found. So that was it?
>>
>>89212120
>this child is so used to nonstop events from Marlel that he can't wait to see where something goes
I'm so sorry
>>
>>89212254
I'm just saying, the whole Rebirth thing ended with a cliffhanger.
I do not read Marlel.
>>
File: 1475792180046.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1475792180046.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>89211378
Yeah, I'm pretty cool with it. I don't get what everyone's making such a fuss about.

Post cool stuff from Rebirth. Here's an obvious one.
>>
>>89211502

New copy pasta?
>>
>>89211378
>Promote fanboy to major position instead of somebody with business sense
>flood TV and movie theaters with movies and shows nobody wants
>"look at me!" fanboy event comics for attention, artistic integrity be damned

I don't see how anybody can see this as a good thing. All DC is doing is pandering to whiners for a quick buck. They don't care about the stories artists and writers want to make, just what some fat virgin wants. They ignore the HUGE audience that doesn't have comics made for them, basically telling everyone who isn't white that they don't deserve heroes.

This is horrible for the industry and shows just how desperate they are. Marvel is playing it incredibly smart by sticking to their guns and trying to expand their market, because basement dwellers are not a sustainable audience.

Seriously, how can anyone look at DC and not think to themselves "yup, that's a company in its death throes". They're just not making it work any more, and the reboot and huge ad blitz that was meant to fix everything? The ads didn't bring in the number of readers DC needed, and the "reboot" just caused a fucking jawdropping mess that's dragged the quality of stories even further down the drain.

Then they killed Vertigo. They fucking killed Vertigo. WB said "wait, why the fuck do you have an entire line of books where creators have rights? Fuck that, change the contracts so that you own EVERYTHING you publish and trample over creators as much as possible," and DC did it. They fucking did it. One of the dumbest moves ever made by a comic company, up there with direct distribution, letting the speculator market spiral out of controland the DC Explosion.

DC's dying, especially the comics. The properties are somewhat viable for movies and TV, but the comics? HA. It's been common knowledge that DC sucks for years now. This is pretty much a death rattle for Damage Control. I'll be shocked if they're even above Image in 5 years.

Rest in piss, DC. You won't be missed.
>>
>>89212927
Great material, man.
>>
>>89212927
>They ignore the HUGE audience that doesn't have comics made for them, basically telling everyone who isn't white that they don't deserve heroes.

You're ignoring that Marvel literally has a segregation policy.

>You're a black writer; you can only work on Black Superheroes
>You're a female writer; you can only work on female superheroes

I mean, I know I shouldn't be replying to bait, but Marvel's pandering is really fucking awful. Especially when you take into account that DC literally has black, gay, female, and trans superheroes which they don't have to jump out and go "Look at how progressive we are, we have a Black Hero!" Or "Look guys our most badass superhero is a girl guys! Check out Captain Marvel, she'll be in EVERYTHING! See girl power!" When they have much better female superheroes but because of movie rights they won't use them in their fucking comics.

When I was a kid growing up I was a massive Marvel fan and wouldn't touch DC. But these days I'm just sad at how far Marvel has fallen due to their retarded philosophy of synergy with movies.

>No rights to Fantastic Four; fuck 'em.
>No rights to X-Men; lets genocide the characters who have been about minority oppression and tell them they deserved it

What they're doing to the X-Men is the grossest thing I've ever seen from any comic book company, especially when you consider what the X-Men have stood for since their incarnation.

Hell, if Marvel wanted to push a female superhero Storm would have been far better received by fans, and she's a woman of colour to boot. But fuck her; she's a filthy mutant which Fox has the rights to for movies.
>>
>>89212120
Bump for answers
>>
>>89214336
No, aside from a mention of Manhattan in Titans #6 among other hints in that series.
>>
>>89211378
With DC, yes mostly

Marvel is just a toxic waste of SJW tumblr
Just let them die already
>>
>>89214293
Not to mention forcing Iceman to be gay
So disrespectful
>>
>>89214362
Well, that's incredibly dissapointing
>>
>>89214293
ignore the shitty bait, anon
>>
>>89211378
hell yeah, im happy for the state of everything DC wise
>>
>>89211378
No

>Marvel is shit and determined to ruin the industry
>dc is mediocre and bland
>writers and artists will not work on their image books for more than 7 issues
>I only have 2 books from none of the above three companies

But at least I have those 2 books and a couple YA books
>>
>>89214293
>DC literally has ... trans superheroes
Who?
>>
>>89214813

The Batman comic is picking it up in a couple of months. There's a lot of stuff going on in the background of the comics but we don't know how much they link to Manhattan or not. You didn't really think Manhattan was going to show up after 5 issues did you? This had long term written all over it
>>
>>89215232

>This had long term written all over it

2 year storyline
>>
>>89215128

Shining Knight in Morrison's Seven Soldiers of Victory run.
>>
I'm happy with everything except x-men

Hope the reboots are good
>>
>>89214293
Don't forget Simon Baz and the other Muslim heroes DC quietly has tucked away as opposed to Ms. Marvel
>>
>>89215128
Coagula from Doom Patrol.
>>
>>89215925

True. Also isn't Blue Beetle the son of illegal immigrants?
>>
>>89215925
Except Simon Baz has his own book and is a member of the Justice League now. He might be sharing the bill with Jessica Cruz, but still.
>>
>>89216273

He's talking about how DC isn't parading him around, putting him in every book and saying:

>Look how progressive we are! Here's our Muslim Superhero!
>>
>>89215981
Also Danny the Street from Doom Patrol!

>>89216387
Oh fuck, never mind.
>>
Everything DShit does is nothing but a tantrum from greedy fat entitled child who thinks they deserve to run every industry. How else can you explain them CONTINIOUSLY dumping some of the worst movies ever made and refusing to stop? They're trying to kill all superhero movies and now that they have AT&T to bail them out they're willing to tank their company to do it. Or look at their comics where they're double shipping tons of variants and doing their stupid return policy so that they can pretend to sell comics when they aren't. They're spiteful, lying shits who think they're better than everyone else, and they don't care about their company as long as they can hurt Marvel. They know they're dying and they're just trying to take Marvel down too.

I wish everyone who ever worked on or saw a DShit movie was fucking beheaded. DShit is the worst company of all time and does nothing but intentionally kill industries out of spite. They think that since they're incapable of making movies that nobody should be allowed to so they're trying to collapse the movie industry. They need to be arrested and put on trial, because this shit is criminal.

Say no to DShit comics, merchandise, games, movies.
>>
File: AH HAHAHA.jpg (371KB, 868x994px) Image search: [Google]
AH HAHAHA.jpg
371KB, 868x994px
>>89217054
>>
>>89217054
This this this
>>
>>89217054
Who /Batman/ here
>>
>>89215379

She wasn't trans, she was a girl dressed as a squire that was in love with her knight.

The trans thing is Nu52 bullshit. Demon Knights fucking sucked.
>>
>>89217054
>>89217492
>he does it for FREE
>>
Literally 75% of DC's current market share is Batman.
>>
>>89217054
You posted this already, shill.
>>
>>89217684
and 90% of Marvel's is #1's, Star Wars and free issues.
>>
>>89217888
But we're talking about DC
>>
>>89217684
Deservedly so, he's struck a chord with popular culture for the last few decades that nobody else has
>>
>>89217565
>Demon Knights fucking sucked.
You fucking suck, faggot
>>
File: 960.jpg (106KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
106KB, 960x540px
>>89211378
>50+ rebirth books
>only Aquaman is good
>>
>>89220420
I like Aquaman but that's not true in the slightest
>>
Green Arrow is shit

>oops my fortune got hijacked
>better go innawoods
>oops my Secretary got murdered
>better go innawoods
>oops I'm framed for murder
>go innawoods

Literally do something else God Damn
>>
>>89220420
Aquaman is one of those books with okay writing and shit art.

Hardly the best.
>>
Im pulling young animals and a couple of minis, but Deathstroke is the only good book with rebirth on the top. So im disappointed with their comic output.
>>
Rebirth seems to be casual bait. It's for people who have no quality expectations and buy all event comics, thinking nothing will stay the same.
>>
Quality wise I honestly don't think there's much of a difference between DC and Marvel.

Sales wise, anyone with half a brain can see that things are really not going well for both publishers and the industry as a whole.
>>
>>89211378

No, as far as the characters I give a shit about things are just as bad now as they were before Rebirth. I've taken to mentally categorizing everything DC has published post-Flashpoint as bad fanfics and the only real DCU was the one that got destroyed.
>>
>>89211378
Not at all. This is the worst state the industry's been in a very long time.
>>
>>89211378
No because Marvel still sucks unfortunately.
>>
File: blah-blah-blah.jpg (113KB, 764x382px) Image search: [Google]
blah-blah-blah.jpg
113KB, 764x382px
>>89211502
>>
>>89214336

Yes - they fucked three times and then ate a pizza
>>
>>89221463
>Quality wise I honestly don't think there's much of a difference between DC and Marvel.

How to spot a Marvel fan.
>>
Batman books are good.
Superman books are good.
Wonder Woman is good.
Justice League kind of sucks, but the crossover with Suicide Squad is surprisingly good.
Titans is decent, could use a little infusion of better art

I guess I'm mostly satisfied.
>>
>>89224819
What kind of pizza?
>>
>>89220420
Both of those statements are wrong. They don't have 50+ Rebirth books and Aquaman isn't good.
>>
>>89221463
>Quality wise I honestly don't think there's much of a difference between DC and Marvel.
Eh, DC is more consistently average while Marvel has more variance. Marvel has a bunch of awful books and a handful of really good books (that are all going to get cancelled prematurely because fuck nice things), whereas DC's output is all pretty consistently "decent." Nothing particularly good except a couple of exceptions, but nothing particularly bad either.
>>
>>89225402

While Batfleck carbloads so deep dish and, meat lovers, because reasons, but Henry can eat anything but thinks pineapples on pizza is pretty alien *(you gotta remember he grew up in Kansas).
>>
>>89211454
Pretty much this. I still enjoy reading with you guys during storytime but everything seems less engaging. It'll pass as it comes and goes but as of recent, nothing spectacular
>>
>>89225484
>Both have only a few books worth reading
So they're basically the same?
>>
>>89211378
Except for a few exceptions, most of Rebirth is so so, but I'm liking their young animal outout, especially Doom Patrol and Shade. Young Animal is the only thing carrying capes. I'm also looking forward to Ellie's Wildstorm.
>>
File: 1.jpg (2MB, 1800x2767px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
2MB, 1800x2767px
>>89225484
>Marvel
>a handful of good books
>DC
>Nothing particularly good

nigger what. DC has shit like Watchmen, Flintstones, TDKR, Swamp Thing, and Animal Man. There is not one book by Marvel that could be considered a classic.
>>
>>89212927
I swear I've seen this before. Was it Spencer, maybe?
>>
>>89226578
your reading comprehension is shit since he's talking about their current output.

I disagree with him on that too, for the record.
>>
File: Delicious tears.jpg (182KB, 1715x962px) Image search: [Google]
Delicious tears.jpg
182KB, 1715x962px
>all those anti-DC copypastas
>>
>>89226663
DC has Young Animal. Marvel had Wasp and Squirrel Girl.
>>
>>89226703
wow, so you continue to agree with me that DC's output is better, good job
>>
>>89226710
>pretending to be retarded

Dumb Mousenigger
>>
>>89226651
I'm betting CBR
>>
>>89226722
You actually can't read, okay fag
>>
File: Superman (2016-) 015-018.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Superman (2016-) 015-018.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>89211378
TITANS IS FUCKING BIMONTHLY HYPE
>>
>>89226782
It's not, it was an error. Brett Booth confirmed on Twitter.
>>
>>89226792
but it's on the ads of the comics that came out today?
>>
>>89226935
It's a misprint. And if you check the solicits through April it's still monthly. >>89225326

And here's Booth's tweet about it (he's joking about it, but still)
https://twitter.com/Demonpuppy/status/821043282813796354
>>
>>89226952
>cant even spell Spider-Man
Ohhh, casual.
>>
>100th anniversary of Jack Kirby's birth
>DC celebrates it with homages to his DC work
>Marvel--
OH GOD WHAT TERRIBLE THING WILL THEY DO
>>
>>89211378
Well there's a lot more talk so that's good.
Most companies aren't doing the 90s thing of blind faith in characters being the new best thing and are investing in adaptations of comics that are already in high regards.
>>
>>89211587
DC didn't make The Spirit movie.
The fuck you going on about?
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.