[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well this is a step in the right direction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: BASEDDC.jpg (251KB, 985x738px) Image search: [Google]
BASEDDC.jpg
251KB, 985x738px
Paul Dini will be writing backup Harley Quinn stories. A step towards a Harley Rebirth?
>>
>>89206430
I'm just wishing that Dini writing can overtake Palmiotti writing
>>
>>89206430

Odds this is happening because Conner is getting bored and/or running out of ideas, so they're bringing in a ringer while they finalize their exit strategy?
>>
>>89206783
Pretty unlikely, Palmiotti and Conner are going to be writing Harley for a long while
>>
How did this Harley push come about?
I don't remember her being forced everywhere for no reason like Carol, only after SS came out did DC start whoring her out to no end
>>
>>89206879
It came out after the Arkham Games made her the female face of DC
>>
>>89206879
I think it started with her appearence in the Arkham games. It put her back in the eyes of the casuals and it all snowballed from there.
>>
>>89206899
>>89206913
That sounds about right
>>
>>89206879
She's always been popular
She was one of the most popular characters in the DCAU when it was airing

Arkham games brought it back
>>
>>89206996
>She's always been popular
Not that popular
> She was one of the most popular characters in the DCAU when it was airing
Not even close
>>
>>89207035
Then how do you explain her absolute insane sales?
>>
File: CwsXYdAWEAAxs_i.jpg:orig.jpg (47KB, 605x488px) Image search: [Google]
CwsXYdAWEAAxs_i.jpg:orig.jpg
47KB, 605x488px
>>89206996
>She's always been popular
>She was one of the most popular characters in the DCAU when it was airing

Nah, she really wasn't. Her first solo sold like trash
>>
>>89206854

2017 marks the start of her fourth year on Harley Quinn, and when you factor all of the one-shots and miniseries and the fact that it's a double-shipping book now into the equation, it's been more like five-and-a-half years.

Eventually everyone at some point needs to step away.
>>
>>89207145
>Eventually everyone at some point needs to step away.

Tell that to Slott, anyway Scott Snyder lasted like 5 or so years on the Bats main book, I can see those two lasting more than him
>>
>>89206430
I still don't get her appeal
>>
>>89206879

Harley was DC's best selling female "superhero" long, long before SS. They aren't pushing her, she's just legitimately popular.

And it's her punk bad girl feminist icon version that's popular, not the lovesick idiot in clown makeup that /co/ obsesses over, that's popular.
>>
>>89208627
>And it's her punk bad girl feminist icon version that's popular, not the lovesick idiot in clown makeup that /co/ obsesses over, that's popular.

Yeah. I've never really been a fan of any version of Harley Quinn, but the people who want her to go back to being the Joker's abused girlfriend in a jester outfit are obviously in the minority.
>>
>>89209285
Harley is really an interesting case study about how characters evolve over time
>>
>>89209285
Taking away The Joker angle, Harley went from a comical villain who was comical because she was more physical and did weird but dangerous acts of crime

To Being the comedic foil to Ivy's and CatWoman's more traditional Femme Fatale and contrasting Battman

To now Being The LOL SO RANDUMB character who is funny because she hear's voices and has a talking Vagin-I Mean Beaver

Really the Harley ongoing hasn't really properly fleshed out Harley to stand on her own yet, which is a shame because she is super strong and entertaining when paired with someone
>>
>>89206430
Deleting Harley is the right direction. She was a mistake
>>
>>89209681
Harley is on a constant ride of buddy cop movies
She's like Chris Tucker in need of her Jackie Chan
>>
>>89209681
Well obviously a lot of people disagree considering how well its been selling. For whatever reason, the modern version of Harley clicks with people. You might not get what that reason is, but its there.
>>
>>89206899
She was kind of a joke in the games though..
>>
>>89209994
All she needed was tits

I mean, imagine a flat harley
>>
>>89206879
You are literally retarded
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.