[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comic store dream

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: aabloobloobloo.jpg (12KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
aabloobloobloo.jpg
12KB, 260x194px
I always wanted to open a comic book store, but with the current sales of actual comics, it seems like a waste of time.

Should I follow my dream or realize that floppies and TPB are a dead medium?
>>
Sounds like you're attempting to excuse yourself for not finding a way to make it work.

People have been saying comics are dying since the 80's, and they're still here.
>>
>>89204357
Why would you want to open a comic book store?
>>
>>89204717
Just a dream I've always had. I've read a bunch of LCS horror stories that could easily be fixed if the manager was around or wasn't a douche bag.

It's a shame to let such a thing go to waste but I feel like it's going the way of the library. Who goes to the library anymore when they can just read online?
>>
>>89204744
People who need the content they read to be curacted, although lots of libraries provide that service online.
>>
>>89204357
Make it a hobby store, and coast off tabletop and cardgames.
Maybe sell old videogames too, at like really high prices for a game that is 10-30 years old.
>>
>>89204893
>Make it a hobby store
THIS.

I don't think I've ever seen an actual LCS that was JUST comics (other than a few hole-in-the-wall type deals that didn't last more than a year or two). Comics are huge in popular culture in general and pretty much synonymous with geek culture going back to the 80's; so successful stores tend to be basically Hot Topic for Geeks: D&D/rpgs, Manga/Anime, Magic/ccgs, ect. There's a *reason* that ComicCon is a big as it is and that reason ain't floppies.
>>
>>89204357
Alternatively, you could also just open an online store. Sure you don't get to meet with people, but are you looking to meet n greet or make money or just surround yourself with stacks of comics?

Because I don't think you want to deal with the type of people who go to comic book stores or the type of people who go to Forbidden Planet.
>>
Just open a convience store or gas station, and have a couple of comicbook racks by the magazines?

At least you won't have to worry about money, since those kinda businesses are basically a turn-key.
>>
>>89204357

With Image making next month's The Walking Dead 25 cents, and with the amount of pre-orders it has do you think we could see a price slash of comics being that cheap in this decade? It'd be pretty damn nice and I would definitely check out more titles if they were that cheap but still feels like a bit much paying 2.20 for something you could rush through in less than a minute.
>>
>>89207115
25 cent comics like that are sold at a loss. The purpose is to get people interested so that they (hopefully) buy the regular issues enough to make up for that loss.
>>
>>89204893
>Make it a hobby store, and coast off tabletop and cardgames.
>>89205770
came here to say this too
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.