[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most nostalgic /co/ related thing or memory you have?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_5736.jpg (213KB, 764x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5736.jpg
213KB, 764x533px
What is the most nostalgic /co/ related thing or memory you have?
>>
>tfw older lego and lego in general are so expensive nowadays
>>
>>89199223
Yeah i know. Two days ago i spent 10$ on the one dragon in the picture above that i always wanted since childhood. i regret nothing
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 958x405px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 958x405px
>Fright Knights

Heh.
>>
>>89198932
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=006lwHP3PDQ
Granted, I only remember the opening theme to it, but it's ingrained in my head to an absolute point.

Alternatively, for something I actually remember more of:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIU1DuNYHYI
And
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlwueICyUxk
>>
>>89198932
>>89199223
>>89199242
I have a giant 18 gallon plastic storage bin filled to the brim with late 80s through mid 90s Lego set pieces, like an old pirate ship, some space/alien stuff, and an enormous wild west fortress. Is there a market for loose and disassembled lego sets or do they have to be boxed? It's all just a bunch of small pieces, people can probably find them anywhere.
>>
File: IMG_5751.jpg (85KB, 640x672px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5751.jpg
85KB, 640x672px
>>89200534
I buy these all the time just for the minifigs and creatures. Of course theirs a market for that stuff. My question is why dont you want to keep it?
>>
>>89200578
I just haven't thought about Legos for like 15 years so my drive to keep them is pretty much non-existant. I only really remembered them after the Lego movie, and now I see Lego all over the place online. Me "keeping" them is basically just having a giant bin sitting in my dad's garage that I never even remember to look for when I visit him.

It seems like a waste to keep them and not sell them to someone that wants them, but then I imagine that my time is more valuable than sifting through 45 pounds of plastic blocks for an hour trying to find all the pieces and little men to complete a vintage set for like a $15 gain. So I have no idea what to even do with it all. Just sell the characters and animals?
>>
>>89200729
Id say get the minifigs and animals out, sell them with the big tub for a bulk proce of around 100$. By the way, what characters do you know you have in there?
>>
>>89200743
Maybe I could even see if one of my relative's kids want the bricks. That's what I did with my Construx, which I absolutely loved to use with my GI Joes.

I looked some of them up online just now. I know I have the pirates from 1990, Ice Planet, ninjas, some knights and horses, aquanauts, wild west (the fortress is Legoredo), and police vehicles like this one:
http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/4021_Police_Patrol

What's the fastest way to see what characters I have? Is there like a visual guide somewhere or do I have to pour over like a bajillion set listings to find the characters?
>>
>>89200842
I dunno about that desu. I know yojoes a good source for gi joe figures, but thats about it. Maybe the lego wiki?
>>
>>89200853
Is there one line where there's a lot of demand for the figures? I guess I'd be interested in that just to feel kind of cool in possibly owning it.

Maybe I can be like that one stupid rich friend everyone had whose parents got him the USS Flagg. I'm still super jealous of Sean E., even to this day.
>>
>>89200910
Ebay is pretty good with that
>>
>>89199223
I bought a UCS Millennium Falcon knock off for $150 on aliexpress. The minifigs suck but the brick quality is almost as good as Lego. Knock offs have really increased in quality.
>>
>>89200951
True
>>
>>89200910
Look no further than bricklink.com

It's a website specialized in selling LEGO, so at least you can check the prices other people are asking
>>
File: Franka2.jpg (381KB, 543x700px) Image search: [Google]
Franka2.jpg
381KB, 543x700px
Reading this, smelling the print and falling in love with a fictional character.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.