[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NJ2 Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: C2JDYCaWgAAXGyb.jpg (77KB, 584x872px) Image search: [Google]
C2JDYCaWgAAXGyb.jpg
77KB, 584x872px
They delay the movie by 3 months and they still want to release a trailer. Trailer drops this week.

What do you think?
>>
>>89166687

From what I've seen the studio itself is in a complete clusterfuck. Up until super recently they were missing a director of photography and almost everything in all the departments he was reporting to. Spark is something they tried to hype up but it has no proper western release date. There are vast swaths of stuff I guarantee you flat out were not done considering they'd have only begun opening layouts a few months ago and that means they'd probably animated basically nothing, or what they had would need to be redone.

This is absolutley not a movie you want for a summer release. Disney and Illumination and Dreamworks are going to eat it alive(anyone remember Swan Princess? Disney is not above petty rerelease moves and contract games to kill competition) and it won't stand a chance. This is the kind of movie you sneak out in late november or mid january when there's no other real competition.
>>
The problem with ToonBox is that they have no real power. They make the movies, sure, but they're really just doing contracts for RedRover. RedRover doesn't even distribute the movies themselves, as they rely on Open Road Films to actually release the movies. RedRover is more proud of the movies, as they list them all on their site, even unreleased ones like Nut Job 3 and Pirate Cat. Nut Job 3 is about Surly's daughter meeting up with Raccoon's son, so it's sort of a Romeo & Juliet plot, methinks.

>>89166891
Spark releases in April, for what it's worth. RedRover uploaded a trailer, which I thought was kind of decent. It didn't look bad for a $15,000,000 budget movie. But ToonBox and/or Open Road Films convinced them to pull it.
>>
>>89167114

Spark itself, from what I've seen, isn't really the problem so much as how it's handled.

Toonbox in and of itself WANTS to do right by their projects and people, that much is clearly evident. But it's just not there. They can't organize what they need to and can't attract the people they need to. They try really hard at it, but it just doesn't happen.
>>
>>89167222
Well, I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic about Pirate Cat. It could get cancelled - RedRover previously announced several ToonBox movies that were then removed from their website, but it could be cute. I just hope their animation quality gets better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgE9ETfxbuU
>>
>>89167308

That film screams to me that someone drew up some designs and had a vague idea first, and built a movie around it after the fact.

You'll get a few scenes, but not much to tie it together.
>>
>>89167374
It could always be worse. But if there's one movie I think will get cancelled, it's this one, even if it has animated stuff in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dchCFdxkbF8

Weird thing is, the poster on RedRover's site shows humans. I can't help but feel, after the success of Nut Job, RedRover ordered them to turn the characters into animals because it was a safer bet.
>>
>>89166687
This is completely nuts.
No one asked for this.
It's such a corny film.
>>
Those white mice look like a cross between Mike the mouse in SING and the psycho rabbit in Secret Life of Pets.
>>
>>89166687
How the fuck did this get a sequel?
>>
>>89168935
It's pretty much the gold-standard of foreign movies doing well in the US box office. Unfortunately for them, they failed to realize that it only did so well because it was released in January with no competition for weeks.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.