[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the better trinity?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8

Is this the better trinity?
>>
stop, hal
>>
Yes

Hal/Dinah/Ollie is best trinity hands down though
>>
Superman and Wonder Woman are awful when interacting together.
Superman best interactions come when paired with Batman.
Wonder Woman best interactions... well... whatever.
Superman never had good interactions with Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), he only ever calls Hal as a mess in very judgmental ways.
Wonder Woman never had good interactions with Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), other than attack him for being a mess.
>>
>>89165231
>he only ever calls Hal as a mess in very judgmental ways.

That was Hal day-dreaming. He didn't actually say that to him.
>>
>>89165281
Don't respond to trolls.
>>
>>89165152
Who would write it?
>>
>>89165152
There shouldn't be a "trinity." It's just World's Finest. I can't think of anyone who would add to the Superman/Batman dynamic.
>>
>>89165281

Geoff Johns reused that scene or did something similar during his run. If i'm not mistaken was during Brightest Day/War of the Green Lanterns period.
>>
File: Comic_Cavalcade_Vol_1_3.jpg (60KB, 400x556px) Image search: [Google]
Comic_Cavalcade_Vol_1_3.jpg
60KB, 400x556px
>>89165152
No
>>
>>89165389

This is why i don't like the idea of an "trinity". Wonder Woman isn't a DC's character. She's an All-American's character.

There's only the World's Finest duo: Superman/Batman.
>>
File: rhato.jpg (79KB, 575x325px) Image search: [Google]
rhato.jpg
79KB, 575x325px
>>89165152
I think you mean
>>
>>89165427
>The reason I don't like the trinity is because technically Wonder Woman was from another company that was ultimately owned by DC Comics and nobody cares about this shit but me
>>
Chinese Trinity best Trinity
>>
>>89165550

It's fucking important. They just shoved her there with Superman and Batman because of female representation when she isn't an original DC's character. It naturally throws everything off.
>>
File: Trinity.jpg (53KB, 506x300px) Image search: [Google]
Trinity.jpg
53KB, 506x300px
>>89165152
Nah.
>>
>>89165442
>>89165575
Hoping for a crossover between the three Trinities.
>>
>>89165589
kill yourself
>>
>>89165590

This is a real DC's trinity. Not some All-American shoved-in.
>>
The problem with the Trinity is mainly that Green Arrow and Aquaman should be in it too. So you end up with the >>89165350 feeling where WW is there just because.
>>
>>89165618
>>89165589
Superman was from National Comics and not from Detective Comics Inc. either you dumbass
>>
>>89165667

Plus she's not even an original DC's character.
>>
Batman + The Flash = only ones that really matter
>>
Superman
Batman
Robin

that's the true Trinity
no one really cares about Wonder Woman, the only people that do is because either

>omg she is a woman! I want to fap to her!
>I want to chose a lesser known hero but not obscure!
>she is the least important, that's perfect for me

she is so irrelevant even most writers don't care about her
>>
>>89165668

National Comics is the real Detective Comics Inc.
>>
>>89165152
The trinity should be either Hal/WW/Superman or Flash/WW/Superman. They need a token human, but it shouldn't be Batman. He never fit in to me. He should still be buddies with Super though, those interactions are always fun.
>>
>>89165743

Basically, you just don't like him there because he doesn't have any super-power. Prejudiced much?
>>
>>89165695
Stop this bullshit you fucking retard

Superman is from National Publications

>>89165731
Superman was National Publications*
And DC Comics only started when the 3 merged
Not even Detective Comics can be considered DC Comics (hence "Detective Comics Comics?"), and so Batman is also not a "DC Comics" character
>>
>>89165601
It's gotta happen in the Trinity book right?
>>
Duos are where it's at.

>Batman/Superman
>Green Lantern/Flash
>Green Arrow/Black Canary
>Atom/Hawkman

Wonder Woman just needs someone to partner up with.
>>
you shouldn't be part of the trinity unless your comic sells at least 100.000 copies
>>
>>89165773

National Allied Publications (that published Action Comics and thus Superman) and Detective Comics Inc (that published Detective Comics and thus Batman) were sister companies. That's why you've Superman and Batman together as pals. They represent sister companies.

All-American Publications was an entire other company not affiliated with the other two other than Jack Liebowitz's involvement and Harry Donenfeld's money.
>>
>>89165871
So only Batman then?
>>
>>89165695
All-American was always affiliated with National and Detective Comics

Superman was National Allied
Batman was Detective Comics
and Wonder Woman was All-American (and so was Green Lantern)

If you want to be autistic about it, none of them are DC Comics' original characters because the company didn't even properly exist yet
>>
>>89165825

people have talked about how she and Aquaman could have connections, royal leaving their homeland stuff
>>
>>89165903
I feel that J'onn and Aquaman have more of a connection being the proverbial 'fish out of water' together.
>>
>>89165427
That means nothing now
>>
>>89165898

No, they weren't. All-American Publications was owned by Max Gaines and it was an entire other company not affiliated with the others. Gaines just sold it later on to Jack Liebowitz.
>>
>>89165903
>>89165939
Clearly Geo-Force should be her buddy
>>
>>89165589
Dude this was from the 60s get over it
>>
>>89165939

see i thought J'onn and Supes connected on that with the alien thing.

also J'onn and Batman bond over being detectives.

if i tried i'd probably be able to connect j'onn to everyone as proof he is the most important Justice Leaguer
>>
>>89165994

It has historic significance, goddamn it.
>>
>>89165618
I guess we can call you the all American fag now
>>
>>89165890
yes, honestly they should just bring back Brave and The Bold and have Batman have buddy adventures with different people all the time
>>
>>89165903

Aquaman and Wonder Woman attempts at friendship always seemed forced. I remember that during the 90's they tried to set them up as pals and later on as possible item. Always felt weird.

Other than Superman and Batman, Wonder Woman was more of a pal to Martian Manhunter.
>>
>>89165823
Ideally all three desu, the other two, especially New Super-Man, could use the bump.
>>
>>89166004
Of all the things the Supergirl show has done wrong giving her and J'onn that connection was brilliant. He is much more like her than Superman.
>>
>>89166016
I love your style of trolling
>>
The real DC's trinity = Superman, Batman and Aquaman.
All-American's trinity = Green Lantern, The Flash and Wonder Woman.
>>
File: All_American_Comics_017.jpg (220KB, 800x1155px) Image search: [Google]
All_American_Comics_017.jpg
220KB, 800x1155px
>>89165980
>August 1940 (more than a year before Wonder Woman's creation)
>"A DC Publication"
>>
File: All-Star_Comics_8.jpg (63KB, 400x549px) Image search: [Google]
All-Star_Comics_8.jpg
63KB, 400x549px
>>89166140
>Wonder Woman's debut
>"A DC Publication"

Wonder Woman is a DC publication, get over it pal
>>
>>89166186
Also no All-American logo to be seen

Wonder Woman confirmed for Superman-DC
>>
>>89166140

She's still an All-American's character, though, since she showed up in an All-American's publication.

DC's characters showed up in New Fun/More Fun Comics, Action Comics, Adventure Comics, Detective Comics.
>>
>>89165356
They also did that at the start of new 52 with Carol basically taking a dump on Hal for being a train wreck as far as his life on earth was concerned.
>>
>>89166186
>>89166211

That means shit and you all know it. Al-Star Comics was originally a All-American Publication's comic.
>>
>>89166249
She was created under All-American when it was heavily affiliated with National and Detective, and none was officially DC yet
If National and Detective were sister companies, at the time of WW's creation they were already parent companies to AA. When they merged, AA was simply absorbed.

Flash and Green Lantern were created before AA put "DC publication" on their covers. But WW wasn't.

She's as much as DC as Superman and Batman are.
>>
>>89165152
You'd need to get rid of superman. He's irrelevant in todays climate and quite literally no one over the age of 5 even likes him.
>>
>>89166420

No, she isn't. She's All-American. She used to be more affiliated with the All-American's characters. It doesn't matter if she debuted during the merger.
>>
>>89165729
This 100%.
>>
>>89166072

The thing about duo's is you need tension. Grim and Gritty Batman with all american boyscout supes. Bleeding heart angry SJW Oliver Queen with kinda dopey but good natured Hal Jordan. The best teams are never just two similar people, but two opposites.

If you were going to give Diana a partner, it'd need someone to counteract her loving but dominating nature. A rebellious, energetic character. Another woman so writers and audiences can't expect kid gloves. Preferably someone who's not a flying brick so the fights have variation.
>>
>>89167002
Harley Quinn
>>
There are really people who don't know it's Arthur Bruce and Clark, A-B-C, the realest trinity of all?
>>
>>89165350
>>89165667
That's the only context in which the inclusion of Wonder Woman makes it LESS gay.
>>
File: file.png (117KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
117KB, 680x680px
>this thread
>>
>>89167002

If you put a gun to my head, I'd probably partner her with Zatanna.

Diana is good natured, but kind of takes the spotlight as a stronger and more principled character. But Zatanna has seen it all by comparison. She's actively into magic and crazy dimensions and weird shit while Wonder Woman just reacts to it. She has no subjects or nation to expect anything about her. She's not considered an A list JL member primarily so she's more used to doing her own thing and representing nothing but herself.

Wonder Woman can try to step in and do the right thing, and go the extra mile when her partner can't or doesn't think to. But Zatanna is the one who actually knows about shit that'd just leave Diana blindsided. If they need to make their way through the Oblivion Bar to catch a renegade Amazon, she takes the lead because she knows the place. If some crazy magic spell is going to cause havoc Zatanna worries about the spell first and deals with it's effects second, while Wonder Woman tries to stop people from getting hurt.

You can have Steve Trevor or whoever step in the way Black Canary did in Hard Traveling Heroes if you need someone supporting for them to play off. He's already usually in over his head so he'd make a good audience proxy for situations when Diana doesn't.
>>
>>89167002

If DC had been smart and introduced Vixen as the token character in the Justice League with The New 52, that'd be something they could explore.

Wonder Woman's nice and all about control, so you could have Vixen as the fiery one who's all about instincts. The fact that Vixen's a fashion model who's a bit vain and materialistic could serve as another contrast and excuse for conflict between them.
>>
>>89167168
>every thread
>>
>>89166004
I've seen some comics that put J'onn as the heart of the JLA. I think the cartoon did it too.

One of the many, many things that pisses me off about DC since the new52
>>
>>89167175

>You can have Steve Trevor or whoever step in the way Black Canary did in Hard Traveling Heroes if you need someone supporting for them to play off. He's already usually in over his head so he'd make a good audience proxy for situations when Diana doesn't.

Wouldn't that be Bruce, since he's close friends with both? It would be better to be another female character, though.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.