[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Cartoon Network entering an transitional period?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 11

File: photo.jpg.png (51KB, 800x799px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg.png
51KB, 800x799px
Is Cartoon Network entering an transitional period?
>>
yes it's transitioning from 1 ep of ttgo to another ep of ttgo
>>
Yes, they will add 5 live action shows to the network again like destroy build destroy 2
>>
File: 1484005718287.jpg (102KB, 676x546px) Image search: [Google]
1484005718287.jpg
102KB, 676x546px
If you ask me, all of them are entering into a transitional period, especially CN and Nick
>>
A transitional period into shit again then yes
>>
that is what you get for hiring a woman!
>>
>>89157608
They've built their network around TTG so when that ends in a couple of years they'll be fucked
>>
>>89157834
let us hope TTG won't become the new example of the SpongeBob standard

which makes me realize
the network has no new content planned as of now
I mean, OK K.O. might as well be confirmed at this point, but the thing is, it is not
it was not yet officially confirmed
a ton of pilots are in limbo, and the only thing the new management gave us so far are two reboots of older properties (one is god-awful, and the other one inoffensively OK)
And before anyone brings-up Mighty Magiswords, that one was greenlit during Snyder's days, it just took it so long to get to the TV screen
>>
>>89157608
The success of Teen Titans Go and to a lesser extent Gumball taught the network that nothing is more important than rerunability. They're programming 14 hours worth of content a day and need kids to tune in for as much of it as possible. Whether you like them or not, TTG and Gumball are 100% standalone and consist of rapid-fire gags to the point where it's impossible to remember them all, giving both shows incredible rewatchability. As much as you guys want Steven Universe or even Adventure Time type shows, both of them have proven to rerun very very poorly, likely due to the lore and serialized elements along with lower number of gags per episode. I think the network's experiment with arc-based programs with dramatic elements is over. As much praise as it gets them online and even with successful premieres, they just don't repeat well.
>>
>>89157608
>>89157608
Yes. They've currently have an unwritten rule internally where every new show is guaranteed 2 seasons so it can find an audience and its own footing. They're searching for their next big hit and have nothing to fit the space. They've been encouraging more internal pitches than ever before. There are apparently more than a few that have made it to the pilot stage that have yet to be released to the public and are already rejected. Almost anything they actually do put out for the public is to gauge feedback to guide them in a new direction for the network as a whole or to further develop that IP.
>>
Gumball is pretty good, but the fact that they're ending adventure time and shifting the focus onto SU annoys me. Don't get me wrong, I live At, but it has run its course and has largely departed from the whimsical tone that made me like it
>>
It's never gonna get better than the early millennium years. Accept your fate.
>>
>>89159148
early 2010s is where it's at
>>
>>89159200
Early 10s was a rebirth but it was not better than the early millennium years. That's just ridiculous.
>>
File: IMG_5834.png (294KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5834.png
294KB, 1136x640px
>>89157950
>OK K.O.
OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes is such an unnecessarily complicated title. I hope the name change wasn't Ian JQ's idea.
>>
>>89157950

They need something to be able to run during massive time gaps. I mean I'd personally put old hana Barbera cartoons there but at the same time if you did that why would boomerang have to exist?

Cheap shows to fill out run time and fund better shows are a necessary evil. And for what its worth I actually like teen titans go, especially when compared to its predecessor of cheaply made shows like johnny test.
>>
>>89159322

Lakewood plaza turbo the name of the plaza would be a better title
>>
They wish. They're just chasing ratings as more time passes and more older shows end without being replaced by something as popular as they were in the past.

CN is going to have another mid 2000s.
>>
>>89157608
Yeah. Two of their most popular shows are ending, their new shows are all second- or third-party, and TTG fills out most of the daytime schedule.
>>
>>89159249
it was tho
it took what was good about the previous decades, and made it better
>>
File: IMG_5848.png (468KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5848.png
468KB, 1136x640px
>>89157608
>cancels Uncle Grandpa
>cancels Regular Show (and shoves the final episodes out of the way as quickly and messily as possible)
>cancels Adventure Time
>incredibly poor variety in their reruns (just Teen Titans Go! and Gumball, for the most part)
>shitty, inconsistent scheduling for new episodes
>depends way too much on week-long premieres/bombs
>no future plans whatsoever aside from OK K.O.! (which is still being held off for some reason)
Cartoon Network has been spiraling out of control for the past ~2 years, and they continue to disappoint. Disney is where it's at right now! Their reboots and TV show adaptations of successful movies --DuckTales, Tangled, Big Hero 6--look really promising, and the majority of their original shows--Star vs the Forces of Evil, Future-Worm!, Milo Murphy's Law, Billy Dilley's Super-Duper Subterranean Summer, Country Club--are all different yet still entertaining. They actually allow each show's full end credits to be shown without any commercial interruption, they have full half-hour premieres, and they tend to stick with the weekly premieres. The only real mistake they've made lately was cancelling Wander Over Yonder.
>>
>>89157608
Yeah. The success of TTG means they'll continue rebooting old action cartoons, and turning them into self parodys of each other.
>>
>>89159730
let us hope then that they will follow the example of Ben 10, rather than that of PPG
>>
>>89157608
Yeah they realize that nobody watches tv anymore
>>
>>89159671
>Regular Show and Adventure Time
Both of them got 8 seasons,they can afford to be cancelled IMO
>>
>>89159942
question is, what will take their place?
remember, Teen Titans GO is a WB production, not a CN one
it would reflect poorly on the leadership not to have any successful originals
>>
>>89159827
I hope they set a new example that's better than both. If they have to set an example at all at least.
>>
>>89159934
Thats partly their fault. CN used to be the network with the most well known blocks. When I was a kid I knew a lot of people my age who hardly watched TV but still tuned in for Fridays or regularly watched Toonami after school.
>>
>>89159827
I heard the new ben 10 wasn't so good though.
Have I been memed?
>>
I thought TTG had over 100 episodes. Same with Gumball. Why does it always feel like they only play the same 15-25 over and over again?
>>
>>89157608
Sadly yes, and I'm kinda starting to miss post-CNReal Snyder. Christina Miller has not given one positive impact of the network, and made it to the point where Disney and Nick have better programming/scheduling than them. The network literally can't pull off one single day without Teen Titans Go! being spammed constantly on the schedule.
>>
>>89159934
Dont they have a streaming service?
>>
>>89161191
They do, but it's not like anyone's using it anymore now that people have access to their servers and post episodes online.
>>
>>89161149
What better programming/scheduling does Nick actually have? I can see what you mean by Disney XD's lineup but I'm wracking my brain over this Nick thing.
>>
>>89161149
>Disney and Nick
>and Nick
What
>>
Hasn't a number of the out-of-house cartoons they used to air now on other networks, streaming services, or just flat out canceled?
>>
CN will announce a handful of new shows in the next few months. Three or four, including OK K.O.!

Whether people find them to begood replacements for Adventure Time, Regular Show and Uncle Grandpa is anybodys guess
>>
>>89159671
You kinda sound like a shill but you are right, Disney XD seems to have a stronger repertory of shows, even it if just because of variety
>>
>>89157608
>Is Cartoon Network entering an transitional period?
of sucking probably

hopefully in less than ten years, they'll realize college students don't make the best cartoon series and try to hire seasoned cartoonists (aka people over 35-40 years old) to make cartoons for them again
>>
>>89157950
NuPPG confirmed inoffensively OK

anyone says otherwise is a assblasted Nostalgia faggot
>>
>>89163300
Do you know what shows?
>>
>>89157608
are you saying we're getting new shit toons?
>>
>>89163724
Anon, did you forget that several CN classics/fan favorites from the Golden Age were pitched by people under 30? Seems the range of ages for the people with successful pitches has always been a fairly wide one and continue.
>>
>>89163853
Whoa, didn't mean to add that "and continue" part.

But now that I think of it, successful pitches still seem to come from anyone between 26 and 70. Guess 70's the ceiling because there aren't many people with both the experience and will to do so.
>>
We would need to know what they are transitioning into first, but they haven't announced what the new crop of shows will be.
>>
>>89163733
Or maybe you're just a fucking idiot with no standards.
>>
File: nope I'm just the first.png (3KB, 229x156px) Image search: [Google]
nope I'm just the first.png
3KB, 229x156px
>>89165045
>>
>>89165071
>calling someone idiot
t. assblasted nostalgia faggot
>>
>>89159942
This, I think AT should have ended with The Comet, but it didn't.

Haven't really watched since. Yeah some episodes here and there but I think I got my closure with Comet.

I used to like RS but fucking Mordecai being so fucking indecisive makes me rage. Everything was cool until Margaret came back.
>>
>>89163510
XD is where good shows go to die
>>
>>89157608

No. It's almost the same as it was half a decade ago.

Their scheduling runs their shows into the ground. They rerun the cheap fast to make stuff put together in canada as filler. They hire a bunch of hipsters who work cheap and newbies who don't know any better to cover for their older people leaving them for other shit. Their house still is still potato faced as always. They fuck over DC stuff for background power plays like always.

To transition, you need something to transition INTO. There's nothing new on the horizon that seems especially different.
>>
>>89159671
its too bad star is such a godawful show apart from the handful of toffee/S2 ludo/buffrog appearances
>>
>>89160927
there's only a few good episodes that TTG has that anyone is actually willing to watch
>>
>>89159671
>no future plans whatsoever aside from OK K.O.!
I thought they had a new Justice League cartoon.
>>
File: Christina_miller.jpg (61KB, 349x400px) Image search: [Google]
Christina_miller.jpg
61KB, 349x400px
>>89171418
You mean the current walking corpse?
>>
>>89163733
nuPPG is inoffensive yes, but the episodes can range from meh to downright stupid
>>
>>89159934
Because they don't rerun good shows. I want to watch shit like Johnny Bravo, Ed Edd n Eddy, etc. Instead, all they air is new shit. I don't want to watch your new shit CN.
>>
>>89171961
I'd understand the logic against bringing back the old shows, since in 98 Moltar had to talk about reruns, but then, why not show them on Boomerang? The network specifically devoted to the old shows? It's almost like CN knows their new shows can't compare to their old ones and have to hide them to save face.
>>
>>89171961
The new shit isn't for you its for 8 year olds.
>>
>>89157608
>Transition
Fucking, even our networks are becoming trannies now!
>>
>>89172026
Older shows I'm pretty sure were for everyone who liked animation. Once they switched to being for 8 year olds and thought 8yos were stupid, the network truly lost its way.
>>
File: boomerang-newlogo(2).jpg (23KB, 580x436px) Image search: [Google]
boomerang-newlogo(2).jpg
23KB, 580x436px
>>89159323
Boomerang doesn't even show old Hana Barbara shows like it used to ever since the dumb ass rebranding.
>>
>mid 90s
>turn on Cartoon Network at 2AM
>Hey look its Tom and Jerry
>now
>turn on CN at 2AM
>oh its Family Guy
>turn on CN at any point during the day
>oh its TTG
The original focus of the channel is gone. Their motto used to be "the best place for cartoons" but now its just TTG all day then Adult Swim at night.

Cable TV in general is becoming obsolete with internet.
>>
File: bruh you mad gay.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
bruh you mad gay.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
>>89172301
>"wahhh don't change!"
i spotted Guptil89
>>
>>89171961
>Wanting the network to just air new shows rather than new content
That's almost as bad as rebooting everything... almost...
It would get old very quickly.

I want new things to be made that aren't reboots or revivals. I want them to experiment, throw shit at the wall and see what sticks, that's what I want these channels to do.
>>
>>89172676
>Wanting the network to just air new shows rather than new content

Excuse me, but I meant to say old shows not new lol. I need to go to bed
>>
>>89172556
I know it was inevitable, but still, its now drastically different then what it was meant for.
>>
TV is dying at an extremely fast rate, most kids today binge YouTube and Netflix on tablets, not watch TV. It's a miracle CN is still running desu
>>
>>89160906
probably

the new Ben 10 is leagues above Teen Titans Go or the new Powerpuff Girls
and while it is not as good as Omniverse or even the original series, it is leagues above Ultimate Alien

the only bad thing I can say about it is that it play's things a bit too safe, and that some of the new villains are lame
>>
>>89172010
>CN knows their new shows can't compare to their old ones and have to hide them to save face
I always thought that was the case. CN Mexico has been shit for years now but one day they had a marathon of old shows and it blew the mind of my little sister.
>>
>>89157608
CN is definitely trans.
>>
>>89163724
>college students
those were responsible for most of their good content

the problem is that now they seem to be letting the marketing department do the scheduling
>>
>>89163733
out of the two reboots, one is inoffensively OK
the other one is the Powerpuff Girls reboot
>>
>>89163754
more like we are getting no new toons
>>
File: Bez názvu.jpg (18KB, 436x180px) Image search: [Google]
Bez názvu.jpg
18KB, 436x180px
>>89165045
>lol, faggot
>kill yourself
>>
>>89174902
spotted the 90's neet, Benthelooney would be proud
>>
>>89166669
>defending a corporate cash grab
corporate shill
>>
File: 43f[1].jpg (536KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
43f[1].jpg
536KB, 2000x1000px
>>89174961
I don't even like the 90s
the 90s were trash

but that does not change the fact that the PPG reboot sucks ass
it makes TTG look like The Loud House by comparison
>>
>>89172676
No, air new shows, sure. But don't air nothing but shows from the past couple of years. Rarely do I ever see any show from pre 2008. Maybe one show, very rarely. That's it. Don't say to watch Boomerang either, because after the rebranding they don't have a good variety of shows on offer.

They can make all the new shows they want, but don't just stop airing all old shows. Have a varied programming block with reruns of the older shows.
>>
>>89175094
cause that worked SO WELL for The Hub
>>
>>89175067
Looney Tunes, The Flintstones, The Jetsons, and Scooby-Doo are all great shows. How are they trash?
>>
>>89174977
>can't defend
>"S..shill!!!"
this board is 18+

>>89175067
>comparing TTG to The Loud House
>>
>>89175111
>calling Hanna-Barbera good

trash taste detected
>>
>>89175120
>this board is 18+
which is why you should get the fuck out
>>
>>89175109
What do you mean? Explain how The Hub is = to CN.
>>
>>89175125
I said those four shows are good. Are you disagreeing with me?

They had plenty of great shows actually. Are you being pointlessly contrarian here?
>>
>>89175140
the majority of The Hub's programming consisted of re-runs of 80s and 90s cartoons

they went out of business in less than 5 years
>>
>>89175177
>The Hub was ever as big as CN
Boomerang kept their old programming up for YEARS, long before the hub existed. The re-branding wasn't something they did shortly after they introduced the channel
>>
>>89175125
ooh boy it's this meme
>>
>>89175111
I don't think the image is implying they're trash. It's just the shows the CN would mainly run when it first started.
>>
>>89175134
>"Le ebin get out huehue"
>>
>>89175274
it was a channel you had to pay for tho
>>
>>89157608

CN is like a tech company on the decline. As it got popular, it diverted more of its energy towards servicing legacy viewers. It got comfortable, it started rehashing itself. The new shows and in house art styles have become too incestuous.

It'll take a few more failed debuts, but they'll eventually be forced to take risks again and reinvent themselves.
>>
All networks are in a strange time with cartoons right now.
Not necessarily bad (though i am a bit worried for nick- their management with shows is strange).

The new artist generation that's getting ready to graduate from college(and some that already have) has a TON of fresh ideas and art styles. I have high hopes for the future of TV animation, DESU. So many talented people coming out of the woodwork. (and hopefully I can help too.)
>>
>>89159322
Yeah Lakewood Plaza Turbo was a much better name for the series. Did they change it for any specific reason? Like say, an actual Plaza in Lakewood California getting pissed?
>>
>>89175543
"DESU"...did 4chan add another word replacer, lol.
>>
>look at Monday's Schedule.

And people say Teen Titans Go! isn't taking over the network...
>>
>>89175543
>>89175552
Something tells me you will never get a cartoon greenlit in your lifetime and for that I am reassured.
>>
>>89167317
>No. It's almost the same as it was half a decade ago.
I don't remember 2012 CN being this bad though
>>
>>89161149

2012 CN was Teletoon USA.

They touted Total Drama Island as "their biggest hit" but they aired Johnny Test almost as often as they air TTG now.
>>
>>89176952

Meant to reply to >>89176914
>>
https://youtu.be/Ir_eN_7FhwE

I guess this is the new Cartoon Cartoon Fridays. But shit
>>
>>89175067
TTG is better than Loud House
>>
>>89177155

Just looks like they're advertising new episodes of TTG to me.

Not really a block of anything.
>>
>>89175067
>Wacky World of Tex Avery

That show was never on CN and it has nothing to do with Tex Avery it's some dumb knock off using the Tex Avery name.
>>
Cartoon Network is no stranger to wacky schedules.

Remember The Iron Giant Week?
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.