[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't he make a suit out of Vibranium?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

Why doesn't he make a suit out of Vibranium?
>>
>>89157442
Like the Black Panthers just gonna give him vibranium
>>
>>89157442
Same reason they don't make the whole plane out of the black box.
>>
>>89157442
has tony in the comics ever tried making a suit of adamantium or vibranium?
>>
>>89157508
>>89157442
Why doesn't he make a suit that's mostly a vibranium/adamantium composite, except for parts and in built-systems where such a composition would be unfeasible?
>>
>>89157496
Why can't he just buy some off of him?
>>
>>89157526
Isn't admantium heavy? I remember hearing about how Wolverine couldn't swim because his admantium skeleton was too heavy for him to float.
>>
>>89157508
Because it would always be a pain to find it?
>>
>>89157560
Because T'challa would most likely say no anyway
>>
>>89157652
Whats the point of having a valuable resource deposit if you don't sell some of it? How did Ultron get vibranium? Was it stolen?
>>
File: iron-man-mark-iii-armor.jpg (150KB, 500x740px) Image search: [Google]
iron-man-mark-iii-armor.jpg
150KB, 500x740px
>>89157442
Why can't he just make a bulky suit again?
>>
>>89157767
Because the way technology works is that slimmer and more efficient while equally powerful is better.
>>
>>89157560
Vibranium is just too expensive for Tony.
>>
>>89157745
Yeah, I thought that was a big scene in the movie, Ultron getting the vibranium. T'Challa and wakanda have this weird xenophobia thing, they're like Krypton. They're keeping all the vibranium for themselves so nobody gets an edge on them. If nobody has vibranium it also makes it a more valuable bargaining chip.
>>
File: Klaue_SHIELD_File.png (1MB, 1920x810px) Image search: [Google]
Klaue_SHIELD_File.png
1MB, 1920x810px
>>89157745
>Was it stolen?

Yeah. They kinda of make it a point, twice, to mention that Klaue stole Vibranium from Wakanda. It's why he has a brand burned on the back of his neck.
>>
>>89158196
Will Klaw be the main villain in Black Panther? Does Black Panther even have better villains?
>>
>>89157442
Vibranium's rare, expensive as shit, and comes from Wakanda, which isn't gonna exactly give it away
>>
>>89157560

Wakanda is extremely xenophobic and Vibranium is probably too valuable to put a price on it. Wakanda has the only source
>>
>>89157745
>Whats the point of having a valuable resource deposit if you don't sell some of it?

What's the point in trading for foreign currency when you are a 100℅ self sustaining nation and super xenophobic with it.?
>>
>>89157845
>equally powerful
Captain America literally punched his armor in Civil War and it was weak as fuck. Meanwhile, Iron Man took down a bunch of robots in Iron Man Two, and took out a tank with a single missile and was thrown around by Iron Monger in Iron Man One, and practically fought both Thor and Captain America in the Avengers.

Each movie from then on, his armor was made more weak and mobile, Civil War being the prime example.

I think his newer suits sacrifice a lot of their strength and protection for being more mobile instead of still being just as powerful.
>>
>>89157745
>How did Ultron get vibranium? Was it stolen?
I heard he got a loan for 23 monthly pays with 10 months free of interests.
>>
>>89157745
>How did Ultron get vibranium?

He kept his friends rich and his enemies rich and waited to find out which is which.
>>
>>89158272
Hes in it, idk of hes the main villain
>>
>>89157573
Unless the writers forgot I remember he was swimming back in that arc where the X-Men were fighting vampires. (The one where Jubilee became a vampire.)
>>
File: 1333834948870.png (170KB, 320x312px) Image search: [Google]
1333834948870.png
170KB, 320x312px
>>89158196
>mfw his name could be translated as both Ulysses Claw or Ulysses Steal
>>
>>89158272
>Will Klaw be the main villain in Black Panther?

From what I recall, Killmonger is.
>>
>>89157442
Why don't you drink the whole world out of a bottle, Iron Man?
>>
>>89159102
They're both in, along with M'Baku. Chances are Killmonger will cut a deal with Klaue so he can overthrow TChalla, then M'Baku will be teased as sequel villain
>>
File: MarkVDeployed2-IM2.png (2MB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
MarkVDeployed2-IM2.png
2MB, 1920x816px
>>89158813
>Each movie from then on, his armor was made more weak and mobile, Civil War being the prime example.
>I think his newer suits sacrifice a lot of their strength and protection for being more mobile instead of still being just as powerful.

I think in the case of Civil War, he deliberately chose a weaker suit. His aim was to capture, not kill. If he had one of his earlier suits, I think it'd have ended very differently.

Whatever suit he had in Civil War was basically just a beefed version of the Mk V.
>>
>>89159140
>They're both in,

Oh I know. It's just that from what I understand, Killmonger is the main antagonist for that film. I've been aware for quite some time that Klaue's in the film.
>>
>>89158196
Wakanda should be in ruins because any powerful nation would have looted all of their Vibranium away a long time ago.
>>
>>89159305

Isn't their location supposed to be the excuse for that not happening? Like they're so remote and well hidden that nobody gave a shit enough to look for them when it would've been easiest to go for it and fuck them up?
>>
>>89159086
Hard to swim, not impossible.
>>
>>89159385
It's really a matter of handwaving and saying "They developed so fast on their own in complete isolation that by the time anyone found them they were already a century ahead of the curve and shooed them off with ease so nobody bothered trying anything"

Honestly I think ancient aliens would have been a more solid premise for Wakanda.
>>
>>89159305
It's very remote, not to mention they're decades ahead of everyone else. They're strength/weakness is being able to survive cut off from the outside world. Concept art from the movie shows that the country resides in a massive crater where the vibranium meteor hit long ago
>>
>>89157745
>Whats the point of having a valuable resource deposit if you don't sell some of it?

Why would you sell off what's essentially a source of free energy?
>>
>>89157496
Isn't there also vibranium in Antarctica? Iirc Wakanda has the highest natural supply of the stuff, but are not the only source.
>>
>>89159770
It's a different kind of vibranium though. I think it has more negative side effects.
>>
>>89159305
Any declaration of war against them (that could be won) would just result in them giving Vibranium to their enemy's enemy.
>>
>>89157496
Literally nothing stopping tony from taking it by force.
>Build thousand of suits
>Have them all attack at once
>Take what you want during the chaos

If he even manages to get a small chunk, it would have been worth it
>>
>>89159839
What kind of negative effects? Anything that Tony could overcome/negate when used for a suit?
Was Cap's shield made from Wakandian Vibranium?
>>
>>89159770
>>89159925
Antarctic Vibranium isn't as good, but it does actually fuck up normal Vibranium. It's pretty much the only thing that does.

Thats how Pym smashed in Ultrons face.
>>
>>89159925
Antarctic vibranium weakens the molecular bonds in all other metals which cause them to liquefy and melt.

Cap's SHIELD is a Wakandian Vibranium/Adamantium composite. Or at least it was last time I checked. Could be wrong.
>>
>>89159925
Caps shield is a Perfect alloy between two super metals. Superior to either individually (since it has both the advantages of the metals without the weaknesses), Wolverine's is a knockoff version of it.
>>
>>89159305
>>89159540
add to that rumor mongering.

Remember in the cold war where both sides would intentionally 'leak' falsified scientific documents that made it look like their research was decades better than everyone else?

Now imagine Wakanda doing something similar but leaking drastically different things to each nation.

Hell when MCU Russia launched Sputnik they were probably terrified that Wakanda might shoot it out of orbit with their death beams the second they notice the thing just because it might be a spy satelite.

actually know that I think about it, Wakanda is probably the focal point of a lot of conspiracy theories in Marvel.
>Wakanda paid Steven Spielberg and NASA to fake the moonlanding to keep their secret moon base undiscovered
>wakandans shot jfk
>Roswell was a crashed Wakandan time machine, Area 51 is the secret Wakandan embassy
>>
>>89159770
not as good as Wakandan Vibranium. Retarded, I know.
>>
>>89160042
Did they lose the knowledge on how to make more?
>>
>>89160342
I think getting vibranium from Wakanda is the issue.
>>
>>89160342
it was created by accident.

they tried, but failed to recreate it.
>>
>>89160042
Isnt adamantium always a composite?
>>
>>89159879
He's supposed to be a good guy, anon
>>
File: Wakanda 2.jpg (916KB, 2560x1222px) Image search: [Google]
Wakanda 2.jpg
916KB, 2560x1222px
>>89159770

According to concept art for the movie, there is no Vibranium anywhere but Wakanda because it didn't crash anywhere else.
>>
>>89159879
1: Even for Tony, that's a heavy bill in both time and money. Not to mention to mass produce suits on that scale would require sacrificing their quality, and would basically be useless trying to program them to be worth a damn in combat.
2:Wakanda is heavily fortified, there's a reason why no one has invaded
3: TChalla is smart enough to know what Tony tries to pull. So he's be looking for Tony first thing during the conflict
4: It's really not worth the effort, at all
>>
>>89160451
How could he even try to work the stuff if he did get some? I would think that some slightly specialized tools are needed for something that soaks up kinetic force, but then I have no idea how Wakandans broke it off from the huge meteorite-chunk to begin with in their pre-civilization days.
>>
>>89157442
Because even Tony Stark isn't rich enough to do that. Also, he'd probably piss Black Panther off royally, seeing as he'd probably have to go through less-than-legal channels to get the vibranium for it.
>>
Jesus pick up a comic book retard
>>
>>89160042
wolverine's Original adamantium skeleton was impure in the way that it constantly poisoned his body. thats why in the beginning it took him days to weaks to heal from serious wounds and something like getting his troat slashed could kill him.
over the years his healing factor became faster.
then when magneto ripped it from his body his healing factor worked into over drive and he healed very fast but of course lacked adamantium bones and claws.

he later got improved adamantium that didn't constantly poison him from apocalypse in return for becoming the horseman WAR or Death (he fought sabretooth over it)

while he doesn't get poisoned constantly, he still heals slower with the adamantium.
thats why x-23 and dakken heal faster then him
>>
>>89159086
Nah it was definitely mentioned in that one story arc where there were Weapon X projects with Neon green claws? I can't remember which one, he fouugh a bunch of Black ops guys on an oil rig with a helicopter, can't remember the name of the arc for shit, but he said he was afraid of open ocean because he couldn't swim with all the adamantium in him
>>
>>89160248
The Great Wakanda Conspiracy would make for a pretty great year long event, get a few B-listers together slowly uncovering a maddening spiral of Wakandan influence culminating in their entire vibranium supply and technology are all derived from a hat that Galactus lost millennia ago.
>>
>>89159879
You are dumb.
>>
>>89159879
Calm down Lex
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.