[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you think about Sing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

What did you think about Sing?
>>
>>89146035
Ping(as)
>>
>>89146035
3D pig, disgusting.
>>
File: sing-gorilla-microphone-700x333.jpg (30KB, 700x333px) Image search: [Google]
sing-gorilla-microphone-700x333.jpg
30KB, 700x333px
Legitimately enjoyed it way more than I expected to. I went into it expecting typical fare, and it was certainly that in part, but it mostly felt like a old-school musical to me. The characters themselves were kind of secondary to the music- even the plot of the movie itself was mostly incidental, which gets more obvious in the third act when the plot just sorta drops any pretense of being anything but a vehicle for the ensemble cast's musical talents.

Reminded me of Singin' in the Rain, in a good way.

Also, Taron Egerton has a surprisingly great set of pipes on him. I loved him in Kingsman, but he certainly didn't come off like the kind of guy that could voice a soulful crooner like Johnny, very pleasantly surprised by that. Was certainly not expecting my favorite song of the movie to be an Elton John cover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYCOA2jQ-XA
>>
>>89146364
Clevah girl.
>>
File: Mike (Sing).png (695KB, 479x568px) Image search: [Google]
Mike (Sing).png
695KB, 479x568px
Despite it being made by Illuminions, I found it to be a surprisingly amusing film. Animation was top-notch, characters were pretty cool to follow along with, and the music was really nice.

Of course, since the studio is pushing out films two or three times a year with other projects being worked on at once, there was definitely some rushed up moments in the film and things felt like they wrapped up a little too quickly. There was even a moment where this film ended Mike's story ark rather crudely, if not just plain dark... Seriously, at the end of all that excitement it just ended with Mike and his bar-pussy thinking they made a clean getaway only to have the scene end with one of the Russian gang bears sneaking up on them in the back of the car. What the fuck?
>>
>>89146035
As an artist [mediocre in practice], most of the character designs are appalling. The pig's faces are just noses with mouths underneath, which is not how pig snouts work. Most characters have their eyes too close together and have them grossly realistic compared to the rest of their cartoony faces. Everyone on this board is fawning over Rosita in her black outfit, but I'm disgusted. Johnny is the best-looking character. Meena is second best.
I enjoyed the movie in general. It was good, but forgettable. Nobody's going to remember this in five years. The characters were compelling enough to feel their emotions with them, but it was a stereotypical 'the real prize was the friends we made along the way' thing.
>>
>>89148374
I was wondering if I was the only one who remembered that. Did they just forget about the bear?
>>
File: 1395814388970.gif (310KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1395814388970.gif
310KB, 480x360px
>>89146035
pleb shit
>>
>>89149149
I waited at the end of the credits to see if they planned on following up with this somehow and they never did. Either they had something planned and never got to it because of deadlines or maybe they actually wanted to leave it out there that the two characters got whacked....or somehow escaped and lived 'dangerously.' Who knows?
>>
>>89146035
Just saw this tonight.

It was cute, but to be perfectly honest, I thought it could've used...more singing.

It seemed like it was a callback to a musical like FAME or Hairspray, but there weren't any damn full songs until the very end.
>>
File: ALL FREE.jpg (515KB, 1920x1173px) Image search: [Google]
ALL FREE.jpg
515KB, 1920x1173px
>>89146364
>>89147797
>>89149265
The problem with you guys is your focusing on the wrong girl and not the best one.
>>
>>89148374
>>89149149
>>89149412
>the bear incident was never concluded
How curious. I wonder what they were planning to do with it, anyway
>>
>>89148454
>The pig's faces are just noses with mouths underneath, which is not how pig snouts work.

But, isn't that how a lot of cartoon pigs are designed, like Peppa Pig and Porky Pig?
>>
>>89149496
I was surprised at the lack of full songs too. I thought at least each of the main cast members would get a proper number for their auditions, but they all only got little clips that whizzed by like the trailers.
>>
File: 1401851734855.jpg (36KB, 398x500px) Image search: [Google]
1401851734855.jpg
36KB, 398x500px
>>89146035
>>89146574
>>89148374
>>89149496
>>89150079
Basically they went and made a at best mediocre story that had some very well executed animation sequences. A world that actually played on them being animals and not just humans in the shape of animals at various sizes.

Designs are little cookie cutter, and it lacked subtlety in many capacities. However as stated previously the execution of the animation and some of the jokes was done very well for what it was.

Really like how when Jeffrey the Gorilla is the cause of his own downfall for his dad getting busted due to the accident he caused earlier

Felt that Mike's characterisation was just Frank Sinatra turned up to 11, it was still kind of fun and they didn't take too much of a mean spirited approach luckily.

Pigs were fine. Hedgehog was fine as well.

I liked that they kept the whole origin/backstory out of the trailer. Made it a more enjoyable movie when the plot actually uses that aspect of it.

Also making the reveal to the Buster Moons character of Meena's ability to sing was well played on the whole. They could have done it in far more cliched ways but what they choose to do instead was well executed.

On the whole this is a slightly better than average movie that definitely plays towards being a musical. I do agree that it needed to have more numbers and singing in between. It may have been due to time constraints or trying to create a story with the least restraint/path of resistance to their outlined script.
>>
>>89146035
Clearly shit but you spergs will jerk off to anything. It's why the (((they))) make shit like this.
>>
>>89151217
Go back to the pigpen, boi.
>>
File: 1484193499984.webm (207KB, 370x308px) Image search: [Google]
1484193499984.webm
207KB, 370x308px
>>
did someone make a webm of the fart scene yet
>>
>>89153229
Hopefully not.
>>
Want to see but can't bring myself to go to the theater for this shit. Also kind of hate Illumination on principle. Will pirate.
>>
>>89149149
They were killed off screen.
>>
>>89146035
That silhouette, though.
>>
>>89154934
Sequel
>>
>>89152067

>does this makes you uncomfortable?
>>
>>89151199
>A world that actually played on them being animals and not just humans in the shape of animals at various sizes.

Aside from sight gags and jokes, them being animals wasn't necessary. Kids are more inclined to watch an animated movie so the parents will take the kids thereby adding to more butts in seats, but the animal thing wasn't integral.

The stories could have been more interwoven. Though they seemed to be that way to show the various angles to approach the goal.
Mike was the self-centered one.
Meena was the shy one like someone first getting up on stage proper. So she spoke to those who have difficulty in front of crowds.
Rosita was the one who wanted excitement.
Ash was the one who wanted to shine.
Johnny wanted a life outside of his father's negative shadow.

I did enjoy it though, which is something I didn't anticipate given how the various trailers practically showed you the whole movie.
>>
>>89146035
looks like bland normiebait.

If it revolved around anthro Eurovision rather than just a generic american talent show I might have been interested
>>
>>89146035
Meh.
>>
>>89153857
The versions out there for pirating have relatively poor sound quality as you can hear the guy eating his popcorn.

If you don't mind that then enjoy.
>>
File: buns.jpg (86KB, 724x629px) Image search: [Google]
buns.jpg
86KB, 724x629px
>>89157322
>>
>>89149573
Wanting us to focus on the cuck.
>>
>>89153229
What fart scene?
>>
>>89146035
better then Secret life of Pets, but thats not saying much
>>
>>89149573
Could she and Moon be a thing?
>those looks they gives each other
>>
>>89158081
I say Yes to this.
>>
>>89159371
Agreed.

Secret life of Pets was boring, and knowing Louise CK voiced the main character kept taking me out of it.
>>
>>89149573
Porcupine quill pubes
>>
File: SING Mouse.jpg (220KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
SING Mouse.jpg
220KB, 800x533px
>>89146035
I bet nobody can name one of their "Favorite" scenes.
>>
>>89163709
my favorite scene were the minions singing at the beggining because they lowered my expectations so much that i actually enjoyed the movie
>>
>>89163709
When Gorilla Grodd Jr. had a talk with his dad after he performed and was told he was proud of him.
>>
>>89148374
Is that the Seth MacFarlane mouse?
Was he a dick?
Was he annoying as Seth?
>>
>>89164030
I was too distracted during that scene thinking about what a perfect opportunity it was for a Harambe joke.
>>
>>89164113
He was the most likeable character in the whole movie. Also had the best songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bShYtQVINBY
>>
>>89165185
>biggest douche bag
>Most likeable

Mike was many things, likable wasn't one of them.
>>
>>89163709
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=smZL9VLG75s

Simply because i want to fug dat pig.
>>
>>89165185

Seth Macfarlane really thinks he's the lost Rat Pack member, doesn't he?
>>
>>89165300
The biggest douchebag was Buster, by a mile.
>>
>>89165366
I find him obnoxious in many ways for many reasons but his singing has always amazed me
>>
>>89163807
>>89164030
>>89165337
Oook I stand correct.
>>
are those squids just going to live in a sewer for the rest of their lives
jesus
>>
>>89166118
I think there's a newscast playing in the background in one scene confirming that they were all recovered and unharmed.
>>
>>89165514
Buster wasn't generally mean spirited. He just did whatever it took to keep his theater up and running. Mike was a douche simply because he was a douche.
>>
>>89165702
This. His entire being makes me angry but when he sings I genuinely enjoy him.
>>
>>89146035
It strove to be boring and inoffensive but had some glaring faults I couldn't look past
-Golden Slumbers is a terrible leitmotif for the theater, it doesn't fit at all
-The opening has a chance to show the interrelationships between these people's lives, but instead opts to zoom around to totally isolated parts of the city
-The above reflects the fact that throughout the entire movie no one's personal plot every really intersects with another's.
-Buster is an incompetent, selfish, thieving, entitled brat and the movie's attempts to make you like him fall flat
>>
>>89166502
Oh, and I almost forgot the biggest sin:
Every piece of music in the film, not just the acts but the background music too, is licensed pop.

C'mon guys. You can do better.
>>
>>89166404
Buster literally brought sandwiches to a fancy restaurant. He lived entirely within his own head without any sort of regard for anybody else. Him wanting to save the theater was selfish. He didn't want to do it because he wanted to bring culture to other people or anything, he wanted it because it happened to be his personal dream to own a theater. How is that any more noble than Mike's dream of fucking the cute mouse girl? Mike was rude and a jerk a lot of the time, but not nearly as often as Buster was, and not to the same extreme. Mike cheated at cards, sure, but Buster just straight up stole from people, several times. When Mike wanted money, he went and got a credit card and seemed to intend to pay his debt back later because he assumed he'd win the prize money. The only people he fucked over were some gangster bears and he said a few things that may have hurt the other competitors feelings. Buster fucked over every character and a bunch of nameless stagehands for entirely self serving interests. And the main difference between the two of them was that Mike got called out for his behavior while Buster's was usually only ever celebrated.
>>
>>89166118
>>89166237
They're even floating around at the end in the new theater's front. We see them as the camera pans down from the roof to the entrance for the grand reopening.

>>89166502
>-Buster is an incompetent, selfish, thieving, entitled brat and the movie's attempts to make you like him fall flat
At first, yes. But there are moments that I liked when he was choosing people because he also saw potential like with Rosita and Ash. Though, like you say, it also tends to backfire when he lets Johnny go in place of the giraffe during the audition but then calls Johnny back yet he writes "natural born singer" in Johnny's profile.

There were ways to get the plots to intertwine with one another that could have been more personal, I agree.

>>89166546
Every song?
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.