[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

South Park Movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

This is actually a really amazing and competent movie. Both as a musical and as a stand-alone comedy.

How does /co/ feel about it? Is it still the best animated comedy film of all time?
>>
>>89111022

No, I have to give that to The Emperor's New Groove. But the SP movie is damn great.
>>
I rewatched it recently.

It holds up

Feels a little more sincere than modern south park and I'm not sure if that's a good thing.
>>
EH BUDDEH
>>
>>89111022
Matt and Trey genuinely love musicals and it did some cool meta stuff. (The fact that people's disgust as the Terrence and Philip movie mirrors their disgust with the South Park movie, making words you can't say on TV into an actual plot point.)
>>
There are points where the songs are just as good as the Les Miserables songs they're parodying
>>
>>89111022
Is there really that much competition as far as animated comedy films goes? Especially adult animated comedy films.

You're definitely right though. It was an impressively well-made and animated film The songs were clever and catchy and, at times, even genuinely moving. The story was original and fun to watch. It's a shame that it lost out on getting an Oscar, really.
>>
>>89111022
>Is it still the best animated comedy film of all time?
Not when Beavis and Butt-Head Do America still exists.
>>
>>89111676
I'll be honest, if it wasn't for the reprises of the other songs in La Resistance I honestly don't think I could have told you it wasn't from Les Miserables from the song by itself.
>>
File: s5ta4.jpg (31KB, 360x246px) Image search: [Google]
s5ta4.jpg
31KB, 360x246px
>>89111720
There's Team America, which is arguably funnier. Watch the behind the scenes if you really want to appreciate how much shit went into the puppetry/miniatures/sets.
>>
File: black jesus coonskin.jpg (103KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
black jesus coonskin.jpg
103KB, 960x640px
>>89111720
There's Ralph Bakshi's stuff, which I would argue Coonskin is better than Bigger, Longer and Uncut.
>>
>>89111022
One of my favorite movies sine i was young
>>
>>89111886
Arguably indeed.
I'd probably find it much funnier if I rewatched it, but Team America just didn't click with me.
>>
>>89112206
>I would argue Coonskin is better than Bigger, Longer and Uncut.
That's just cause you're an idiot racist and mistake hating minorities for good work. Now move along back to /pol/
>>
>>89111720
>DISNEY AUTOWINS AT THE OSCARS
>again

No surprises there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEoHnUsUUtE
>>
>>89112236
I enjoyed it, but I don't think it was quite the spectacle that South Park was
>>
>>89111022
>>89111886
Both films are like time capsules to my carefree, mischievous adolescence at this point, and they make me rather wistful upon a rewatch. The South Park movie is definitely a compelling musical in spite of everything. La Resistance gets me fired up more than anything.
>>
>>89111022
I love the South Park movie but I have to give a slight edge to Team America, simply because it's a perfect live action South Park movie without the burden of the South Park IP. Both are top tier.
>>
>>89111022
The songs in the movie are far too good for what they're for
>>
>>89112295
Team America's humor is pretty different from South Park. The absurdity is mostly the result of the strangeness of the puppets, and the political incorrectness of the "Fuck Yeah America" attitude. It's on the viewer to parse the absurd, and less about actual punchlines.
>>
File: rev al sharpton.jpg (40KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
rev al sharpton.jpg
40KB, 720x480px
>>89112261
Go to bed Al. Or you know actually sit through the movie this time.
>>
My friend from highschool had the soundtrack in his car and it was on "Kyle's Mom's a Bitch" like half the time I rode with him. I think his favorite was "Unclefucker". Mine was "Bryan Boitano".
>>
>>89112206
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQicmcbJYB0

Ralph Bakshi time? Ralph Bakshi time. Probably one of the greatest satirists of the 20th century, in my opinion.
>>
>>89111621
Nobody should be allowed to say Barbra Streisand on television.
>>
>>89112413
That's a good point. Maybe I'm just a sucker for puppets.
>>
I'd seriously be interested in knowing how the movie was budgeted. Also,

>still hasn't been rerendered
>>
>listening to some of their commentaries
>they talk about the movie in one of them
>"so Paramount was like: guys the movie debuts in two weeks and it isn't finished! and we were like...so? We have two weeks!"
>>
Not a single song from the movie that I don't love. It's a classic.
>>
>>89112705

You've really done it now. Say Robert Smith three times and recite The Forest to cleanse your soul.
>>
>>89111056
>The Emperor's New Groove.
My brother of African descent.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.