[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

X-Men General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: jesus christ how horrifying.jpg (81KB, 600x595px) Image search: [Google]
jesus christ how horrifying.jpg
81KB, 600x595px
Alright, X-Fags of /co/, so the new X-Men line-up is pretty underwhelming, to say the least, so how would you fix it?

Hard mode: you have to keep all of the titles that Marvel announced.

>X-Men Gold
Written by
Drawn by

>X-Men Blue
Written by
Drawn by

>Generation X
Written by
Drawn by

>Weapon X
Written by
Drawn by

>Cable
Written by
Drawn by

>Jean Grey
Written by
Drawn by

>Iceman
Written by
Drawn by
>>
>>89092359
X-men Blue is fine as is, leave it be. Jean Grey is a perfect containment book for Hopeless, so leave that, and no one really gives a fuck about Iceman either way, so I'm fine leaving that one as is.

Basically the problems are Guggenheim writing Gold, Land "drawing" Weapon-X, and the roster of Generation X just not really being to my liking (I've never read anything by the writer so I can't really judge). So ideally:
>Ewing replaces Guggenheim
>Tony Moore replaces Greg Land
>Elliott Kalan on Generation X (since Spider-man and the X-men was great and this basically just being a relaunch of that without Spider-man works for me; my problem is more the roster than the creative team with this one)
Also, give Rachel a name that isn't fuck damn """""""""Prestige"""""""".
>>
Yeah, I don't even think it matters so much who's writing or drawing as that the X-Men franchise is considered important enough to attract top talent.

There are lots of writers out there who love X-Men more than whatever they're writing now. If a celebrity writer like Ta-Nehisi Coates were told "you can have X-Men or Black Panther" he would take X-Men in half a second.

I don't think I'd want to read his X-Men, I'm just using that as an example. In the 00s, X-Men got the star writers. Now it gets writers who don't get offered the big books, or guys like Guggenheim who never get assignments unless 6 better writers passed on them. That will probably continue until the Fox blackout ends.
>>
>>89092601
Honestly, Rachel doesn't deserve the name Prestige. Despite being the most powerful (but not most skilled) psychic on Earth for the past 12 years she's done fuck all.
>>
>>89092601

Yeah the only total disaster is Gold. Land just seems like a thing X-Fans are gonna have to deal with and hope he's contained. I'm still pissed because Gold is a perfect team and Rachel's finally getting used

Hopeless is the only person to ever make me care about Jean (in season 1) so I'm interested.
>>
>>89093601

I have hopes with no basis in reality Coates will get a Storm book/Storm led team book.

tnc is getting a team book of some kind. he's teased it on twitter.
>>
>>89094557
She was part of the team in Wood's X-Men, where she got dumped by her mom's murderer for killing his sister that they both agreed needed to be stopped. Also, Superior Spider-Man and Spider-Man and the X-Men.
>>
>>89094603
My mistake, it was Avenging Spider-Man not Superior.
>>
File: rachel's future.png (3MB, 996x1408px)
rachel's future.png
3MB, 996x1408px
>>89094557
I really feel for Rachel.
>>
>>89092359
>drop jean grey
>drop iceman
>drop weapon x
>put cable and gen x together in one comic
>bput x-men blue and gold together in one comic

anyone but bendis. the sheer improvement in writing will allow everyone to overlook how bad something might be. problem solved. we could get lucky and it could be a good artist and a writer that isn't bendis. wouldn't that be something?
>>
>>89093601
>celebrity writer like Ta-Nehisi Coates
both adjectives are used very loosely, i assume.
>>
I wanna keep Land on just to see what dumb bullshit he traces from.
>>
>>89092359
easy way to fix this

>X-Men
written by Jason Aaron
art by Ed McGuinness

>Uncanny X-Men
written by Chris Claremont
art by Paul Smith and/or John Romita Jr

>Magneto and the Brotherhood
written by Cullen Bunn
art by Gabriel Hernandez Walta

and thats it. no solo books, just three main team books with all the writers working together.
>>
File: giphy (4).gif (348KB, 278x200px)
giphy (4).gif
348KB, 278x200px
>>89092359
BENDIS WRITES EVERYTHING
DRAWN BY CRAYON
>>
>>89097357
Which characters would be in these books?
>>
>>89097758
in aarons book, i'd say iceman, nightcrawler, northstar, colossus, and some of the younger students like kid omega.

in claremonts book, i'd want a newly ressurected and non villain cyclops, storm, old man logan (finally bringing back the costume.), a redeemed beast, rachel grey, and occasionally classic characters like cable show up.

for bunn's book, i'd take most of his current uncanny team, magneto, sabertooth, arcangel, fantomex, psylocke. maybe domino and gambit show up occasionally. although, i'd want mystique as a reoccurring villain.

i'd have the all new team sent back to their timeline
>>
Am I missing something about the word Prestige?

To me, a Spanish speaker who has almost the same word with the same meaning written almost the same, calling a superhero Prestige is like calling it Success or Honour, a kind of ridiculous thing.
>>
>>89098064
its a dumb name
>>
>>89097236
t. Butthurt whiteboy struggling with his own mediocrity
>>
>>89099012
how original...
>>
>>89098064
Modern writers suck at names, especially for established characters
>>
At my LCS
>>
If cyclops removes his sunglasses does his lasers run out or does he explode
>>
>>89100350
it would be extremely painful
>>
>>89099735
Jesus christ how horrifying
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.