[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The new KISS comics seem pretty cool, how do they compare to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Kiss06CovAParrillo.jpg (118KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Kiss06CovAParrillo.jpg
118KB, 600x900px
The new KISS comics seem pretty cool, how do they compare to the other ones? I remember as a kid reading Psycho Circus, which was weird but cool, and some of the Dark Horse ones which were much more typical capeshit
>>
True metal fans look down on this shit.
>>
>>89055218
Really? Cause Slayer has a comic book out right now too but it looks like ass, and slayer are boring at least in terms of bands that would make decent fodder for a comic book so, are Slayer now looked down upon by "true metal" fans?

In any case, most who consider themselves "true metal" or thinks they alone create the rules of whats "metal" and what "isn't metal" are the biggest form of tryhard loser, and they're also usually pimple ridden teens who's only social outlet is internet forums where they try too hard to be more edgy and obscure than the next pimple ridden teen, as they all try to convince themselves their favorite Scandinavian band from 1993 that nobody ever heard of is overlooked not because they suck, but because other people just DON'T GET IT MAAAAN and they're some kind of maverick special snowflake and NOT just an angsty tryhard retard trying to be part of something because in actuality, they're part of nothing

Thirdly who cares, that's like saying true autists look down on those with ass burgers
>>
>>89055218
Literally who cares

>>89055429
By the way, I've been "that guy" when I was young but once I became an actual adult I realized the hypocrisy of trying to be elitist within a so called "counter culture" subculture
>>
>>
>Kiss
>relevant
>2017
>>
>>89057732
Yeah go listen to your Lil Yachty or whatever you fags listen to these days that will be irrelevant by their next club tour while KISS still sells out arenas even if their albums are trash
>>
>>89057732
What defines relevance in your opinion? They have a new comic book, do you?
>>
>>89059075
>>89057944
Fuck off, Gene Simmons.
>>
>>89059179
Gene Simmons rules, he liked Black Bolt before it was cool
>>
>>89055429
>are Slayer now looked down upon by "true metal" fans
Everything post divine interventions been looked down upon by plenty of true metal types. And most everything they've done post Hanneman has been seen by many, as a shameless cash grab. Have you payed any attention for the last 22 years?

I mean I think looking down on either band for having an admittedly lame comic is stupid. But so is your comment, especially that strawman crap.
>>
>>89061807
There is no strawman crap, the very idea that YOU as an individual can decide what is metal and what isn't is a strawman, and I'll prove it...
If you like anything past the NWOBHM, you are not "true metal", because thrash was influenced by punk, and punk is the complete opposite of what true metal is all about
What's your argument to that faggot

Now, I don't believe in this, but let's play make pretend

>Everything post divine interventions been looked down upon by plenty of true metal types.
Divine Intervention was crap
> And most everything they've done post Hanneman has been seen by many, as a shameless cash grab.
Gotta pay the bills....who the FUCK listens to new Slayer anyway? I'm pretty sure all us Slayer fans are just into the old shit and realize they only make new albums as an excuse to tour and sell t shirts so they can pay the bills
>Have you payed any attention for the last 22 years?
Why would I care about what people say is metal or isn't, I'm twenty fucking seven years old...I'm far past the point in my life where I give a fuck about what greasy forehead having retards who are trying to recreate the 80's have to say

>I mean I think looking down on either band for having an admittedly lame comic is stupid. But so is your comment, especially that strawman crap.
KISS has always had comics man, it's part of what KISS is...grantid, it's not for everybody, and I get that, but KISS was always about a band who have comic book type alter egos....The Demon, The Starchild, The Catman, The Spaceman.
>>
>>89062204
>the very idea that YOU as an individual can decide what is metal and what isn't is a strawman
What the fuck are you on about retard?

Also nothing you said suggests the crap I've quoted below isn't a strawman
>they're also usually pimple ridden teens who's only social outlet is internet forums where they try too hard to be more edgy and obscure than the next pimple ridden teen, as they all try to convince themselves their favorite Scandinavian band from 1993 that nobody ever heard of is overlooked not because they suck, but because other people just DON'T GET IT MAAAAN and they're some kind of maverick special snowflake and NOT just an angsty tryhard retard trying to be part of something because in actuality, they're part of nothing

Stop making a fool of yourself

On a side note
>KISS has always had comics man, it's part of what KISS is...grantid, it's not for everybody, and I get that, but KISS was always about a band who have comic book type alter egos....The Demon, The Starchild, The Catman, The Spaceman.
Is a really dumb statement, since I said I think looking down on them for having a comic is stupid. Learn to read

Oh and this one was really fucking dumb too
>Why would I care about what people say is metal or isn't
Since I was saying it in response to your question
>are Slayer now looked down upon by "true metal" fans?

Asking a question, and then complaining cause you get an answer is beyond retarded. Which is literally what you did.
>>
>>89062476
>Also nothing you said suggests the crap I've quoted below isn't a strawman
It's all true , a "strawman" implies I'm making something up to avoid actual points....I'm not, but if you had a real point to make please make it and I will combat it...saying something is not "true metal" is a strawman, it's a way of dismissing something without a legitimate reason
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.