[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you believe a cartoon can get away with limited animation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (105KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
105KB, 1920x1080px
Do you believe a cartoon can get away with limited animation if it's visuals are interesting enough?
>>
>>89053971

Isn't that basically every anime ever made?
>>
>>89053971
>What is Steven Universe?
>>
The Japanese built an industry revolving around the concept.

Granted, its usually because theyre saving the budget for a specific 40 seconds of the episode and the animation is good where it counts, the climax.
>>
File: Satan.gif (463KB, 495x267px) Image search: [Google]
Satan.gif
463KB, 495x267px
>>89053971
I don't see why not.
>>
>>89054000
>SU
>interesting visuals
Its bland and most of the characters are ugly.
>>
>>89053997
It's a stretch to call all anime that, but a good amount of it uses it. The Japanese also have different way of doing things, so you have low framerate animation and then suddenly animation quality bumps which is usually know as "Sakuga"
The JJBA anime is a good example.
"limited animation" can also used in favor of the show, like Casshern Sins does with its faster-than-eye battles, it helps frame how fast and strong Casshern is, and it's helped immensely by good storyboarding.
>>
>>89054000

Steven Universe literally does NOTHING well, its animation being inadequate at best.
>>
>>89054165
Actually the JJBA anime has pretty poor animation even during them high budget sequences. The adaption's real strength is its sound design and colouring, animation wise the thing is more a panel by panel recreation of the manga with very limited movement.
>>
>>89053971

Jojos
>>
>>89053971
i really liked the mappy cartoon by shiftlook and that was really limited animaiton
>>
>>89054221
Part 3 had some good moments with the submarine, and Part 4's Bites the Dust was amazing. Wish they did more 3D openings, but their still a relatively new company.
>>
yeah i love powerpuff girls
>>
>>89054221
Of course, I've never said JJBA's good stellar animation, just how the show is composed, on top of being very fateful to the manga's panels.
Also, a lot of manga-to-anime shows are prone to this, but depends on the adaptation, compare HxH 2011, which has a more faithful approach to the source, to HxH 1999, which doesn't follow it to the tee, but is able to be experimental with it, like pretty much the entire Yorkshire story arc, 1999 had a massive Kurapika bias.
>>
File: Vinci_26_abuse-797432.jpg (64KB, 622x470px) Image search: [Google]
Vinci_26_abuse-797432.jpg
64KB, 622x470px
>>89053971
...yeah. All television animation is limited. It almost relies entirely on style for it's appeal.
>>
>>89053971
>"we made a japanese cartoon, but it's made in AMERICA"
>everyone goes "wah wah wah" when they talk
>>
>>89055159
Steven Universe?
>>
File: slappy15_2963.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
slappy15_2963.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>89054314
No, there was a time when that was not the case.
>>89053971
Yes, but it will be much easier to just spend the extra cash to use the extra frames.
>>89055177
No, that show was made in Korea.
>>
File: IMG_1244.gif (131KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1244.gif
131KB, 800x450px
>>89053971
Yes.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.