[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Emperor's New Groove or Kingdom of the Sun?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

>You are presented with a button which, upon being pressed, instantly makes Kingdom of the Sun a movie, but it takes the place The Emperor's New Groove entirely, as if it never existed.
Would you press it and why?
>>
For the uninformed:
>Kingdom of the Sun was to have been a tale of a greedy, selfish emperor (voiced by David Spade) who finds a peasant (voiced by Owen Wilson) who looks just like him; the emperor swaps places with the peasant to escape his boring life and have fun, much as in author Mark Twain's archetypal novel The Prince and the Pauper. However, the evil witch Yzma has plans to summon the evil god Supai and destroy the sun so that she may retain her youth forever (the sun gives her wrinkles, so she surmises that living in a world of darkness would prevent her from wrinkling). Discovering the switch between the prince and the peasant, Yzma turns the real emperor into a llama and threatens to reveal the pauper's identity unless he obeys her. The emperor-llama learns humility in his new form, and even comes to love a female llama-herder named Mata (voiced by Laura Prepon).[11] Together, the girl and the llama set out to undo the witch's plans.
>>
>>89046984
I think this is far too much power for me.
>>
>>89046994

needs a better cast, but sounds ok.
>>
>>89046984
>>89046994
I want to believe it's gonna be "Road to El Dorado"-tier good but the plot sounds uninspired and David Spade is already hit-or-miss in animation but throw Owen Wilson in the mix and I'm not sure that it's a gamble I wanna take.
>>
Emperor's New Groove was one of Disney's best. Also I see no mention of Kronk in this so...no go.
>>
>>89046984
The Emperor's New Groove turned out to be one of the most unique Disney movies, it was actually funny something which is rare in Disney movies. Choosing Kingdom of the Sun instead should be considered a sin.
>>
>>89046984
I would rather find the button that give me all the storyboards. Then anyone could redo the original movie as a comic.
>>
>>89047875
I would also like this button please.
>>
>>89046984
I've never cared for Emperor's New Groove. I just don't find it all that funny or that good. But I wouldn't want to take away the joy it brings people just to see if a concept like Kingdom of the Sun could work when the studio made it clear they could never quite figure out how to even make it function on the most basic of levels.

So if I were to have a choice between robbing people of something that works for them in its fullest potential and something that could've worked but almost definitely wouldn't have, I'm gonna pick the former even if I don't like it.

I do like overambitious messes though. I just don't think Disney is all that good at producing ones that are all that interesting.
>>
>>89046984
kots, just for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=374xW4zZbZA
>>
>>89048099
Not sure if the song is simple or it's standard Disney fare and I just don't notice because they're usually paired with flashy Disney animation.
>>
>>89046984
I'd probably keep The Emperor's New Groove, but I'm extremely curious to see whatever work they finished for Kingdom of the Sun.
>>
>>89046984

It wouldn't have panned out. There's only so many times you can do Prince and the Pauper before it becomes irritating. I wouldn't mind them rearranging Kingdom of the Sun, and giving Sting more presence, but beyond that? Emperor's New Groove shat all over it
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.