[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't there a capeshit novel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_9233.jpg (47KB, 343x453px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9233.jpg
47KB, 343x453px
Why isn't there a capeshit novel?
>>
>>89043240
There is.
>>
>>89043240
There are many.
>>
Why isn't the third Monday of May a "Miracle Monday"?
>>
>>89043240
there a whole genre in amazon, under fantasy

>>89043378
Not enough
>>
File: IMG_1036.jpg (34KB, 300x455px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1036.jpg
34KB, 300x455px
>>89043240
Eh, was okay
>>
>>89043240
There's a bunch of them. Licensed DC and Marvel novels, novelizations of comic book storylines, novelizations of movies, original novels set in DC and Marvel, and superhero OC novels.
>>
>>89043822
>Not enough
0 is enough.
>>
>>89043240
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_novels_based_on_comics
>>
File: a-once-crowded-sky.jpg (251KB, 929x1396px) Image search: [Google]
a-once-crowded-sky.jpg
251KB, 929x1396px
>>89043240
It's pretty decent so far. Only a third of the way through but I'm enjoying it.
>>
I read a novelization of Knightfall in high school

I've still never read the comics
>>
>>89044208
whats it about?
>>
>>89044208

it drags in the latter third, but the ending is solid.

OP, Leaper by Geoffery Woods is rather good.
>>
File: stopmotion.jpg (10KB, 294x475px) Image search: [Google]
stopmotion.jpg
10KB, 294x475px
This one is so good.
>>
>>89044290

imagine a Marvel or DC crossover, but as a novel.
literally broken down by issue.
>>
File: Spider-Man_Deadpool_1_Cover.jpg (644KB, 700x1063px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man_Deadpool_1_Cover.jpg
644KB, 700x1063px
>>89043240
Superheros were created for the medium they primarily exist in.

It turns out that ridiculous looking costumes and flashy over the top action scenes don't really deliver the same oomph in prose form.
>>
>>89044208

Came here to post this. I have a huge literary boner for TK after reading Vision, so I just ordered this. Hope it is good.

Sheriff of Babylon is also good.
>>
>>89044334
This 100% true. The only characters that can translate well to written text without accompanying art are characters with very humanistic features and who are relatable in a visible sense (Punisher=older, athletic, white/Italian male with a skull running down the front of his shirt). You have to be able to picture the character while reading in order to understand their position.
>>
>>89044334
>>89044675
Nah, it actually works, i actually prefer cape novels to comics, but I'm talking about original novels and not based in comics
>>
>>89044798
Which ones have you liked so far?

I've only read through a few, but haven't really liked a lot.
>>
There are
Not the company's fault you are illiterate OP
>>
>>89044870
im not good remembering the titles

there is
soon i will be invincible
wearing the cape
Worm serial (this one is only online, but it's very good)

you can find a lot of recommendations in superheronovels.com, but you wi have to skim a lot
>>
>>89044798
>but I'm talking about original novels and not based in comics
Then they don't belong in /co/.
>>
>>89045230
the guy asked capeshit and those are capeshit, stop being an asshole.
>>89044870
There is also Ex-Heroes by Peter clines if you are into zombie apocalypses (meets superheros)
>>
>>89043240
There are plenty of them.

Fuck, didn't some guy write a 1.5M capeshit webnovel? I remember a thread about it a while back.
>>
>>89045181
I liked Soon I Will Be Invincible quite a bit.

Wearing The Cape series started good, but I read up to Small Town Heroes and just didn't have any momentum to start up Ronin Games or the crossover one. Dunno why. The magic just wasn't there. Maybe it's the fact that I didn't really like the Young Sentinels as much and I still had a bad taste from the insta-miracle finishes that ended up giving Astra everything she wanted at the time.

Worm started great but really kind of turned into a slog towards the end there.

>>89045369
I read EX-Heroes and EX-Patriots. Not really into zombie stuff, and he had a thing of trying to insert sex for more mature themes that came off as lazy at times. I'd still read his non-zombie hero stuff if he did those, though.

Also read Confessions of a D-List Superhero. It sucked. And the first book of Just Cause wasn't fantastic, either.
>>
>>89045467
Worm could be good provided the writer cut all the pointless bullshit and changed the pacing in general and fixed the timeskip. The "weird" powers and worldbuilding are its main saving graces.
>>
>>89044290
It's about 300 pages.
>>
>>89045725
Agreed.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.