[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/co/, what do you think of the comics of jonathan hickman?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: hickman.jpg (21KB, 220x211px) Image search: [Google]
hickman.jpg
21KB, 220x211px
/co/, what do you think of the comics of jonathan hickman?
>>
I like his work overall. Favorite story is probally his Fantastic Four run or Manhattan Projects (still mad it seems to be finished). Getting the Black Monday Murders trade this month. Looking forward to his Frontier book.
>>
>>89040186
Hes a good writer, but his stories are too long
>>
>>89040186
poor man's moore ( even morrison just he's not as batshit crazy ), but that's not to say he's bad, just a bit different. i personally like his stuff more than moore and most of morrison's shit ( batman is still goat tho )
>>
>>89041048
I can agree with that. I can into his Avengers run right before TIme runs out started so I binged his Avengers run that people seem to have the biggest problem with.
>>
>>89040186
How would you rate his work on Secret Warriors and the related series SHIELD?
>>
>>89041427
I've been following him since his work on secret warriors so those series are kind of a soft spot for me. SW in particular has it flaws but it has good things going for it. plus its influenced by the legendary steranko series so i can't hate it

I like SHIELD's esotericism and big ideas, even if the execution feels more like reading a history textbook
>>
Couldn't stick with his Avengers/New Avengers, but F4/FF is one of my favorite runs of all time.
I need to catch up on East of West but that was pretty great too.

I'm actually curious about how shorter stories from him are, since I can't think of any off the top of my head
>>
Loved his FF/F4 run. Enjoyed his Avengers run.

Enjoyed the first HC of Manhattan Projects. Love East of West.

Black Monday Murders was probably my favourite new series of 2016, the thing is so fucking dense I love it. Actually makes the cover price feel worth. Side note, did is there any translations of the language from it?
>>
>>89042561
his first comic, the nightly news, is brilliant and somehow still underrated despite ending up being a favorite of many people in 2006

he has a bunch of short comics from this era, pax romana, red wing, a red mass for mars, secret. his current series black monday murders has 4 of its projected 12 issues out

most of his noticeable work is the long term stuff with intricate plotting
>>
File: 2218994-hickman7.jpg (477KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
2218994-hickman7.jpg
477KB, 1024x768px
>>89040186
I think you should use a picture of him taken in the last decade at least

>>89041427
SHIELD crapped out when it tried to introduce steampunk crap and real historical characters, Secret Warriors got fucking tiresome, ironically, after Bendis stopped co-plotting it around issue 6 or whatever OR DID IT Yeah, it really did. Constant reversal twists are boring and you should feel bad for liking them. It's literally just masturbation.

>>89042602
>most of his noticeable work is the long term stuff with intricate plotting

Man that is not going to help him in the indies.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.