[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DC vs Marvel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

Which one is better ? And why ?
>>
At the moment, DC, because D*sney is a blight on all it touches.
>>
>>89034691
Both are good. DC is more worth reading atm though since marvel is just wasting all of their house of mouse money on their cinematic universe and leaving all the comic writing to the cuck lord Brian Michael bendass who only wants to score sjw brownie points.
>>
>>89034691
Marvel obviously

always has been always will have been
>>
What a new and original discussion.
>>
>>89035561
Bendis is an attention whore who wants brownie points from everyone not just sjws. It's just that he wants to write stories that will be seen historically as important. Some of that is targeted in ~diverse~ ways but pretty much anything he writes has that intent.
>>
Marvel was better from the 60 to half of the 70, DC its better, but you don't need to like the better team, your favorite food joint doesn't need to be a 4 stars restaurant
>>
DC has influenced the medium more

Marvel has influenced the industry more
>>
>>89036601
Kinda generalised, but true
>>
>>89034691
Right now, my interest in both is at an all-time low. Marvel has gone full-pandering to movie crowds and liberals, while DC has gone full pandering to aging comics fans who equate nostalgia with quality.

Although right now, DC actually has a handful of books worth reading in my opinion, while Marvel is pretty much trash, aside from Vision, which is over anyway.
>>
File: 1483676882350.jpg (229KB, 866x898px) Image search: [Google]
1483676882350.jpg
229KB, 866x898px
>>89034691
>>
Overall : Marvel

Right now : DC by far
>>
Marvel because DC will never have Spider-Man
>>
>>89034691
mahvel because I've only got so much time and they're the better marketers
>>
>>89037420
>SW comic
So Marvel then?
>>
Marvel because John Romita Jr is a fucking hack
>>
neither is better

I typically prefer Marvel because I like the characters and the universe better but DC I think has more iconic standalone stories. like if I made a top ten OGN/trade list of the best superhero stories it would probably mostly be DC

it really just comes down to personal preference and even though I prefer Marvel overall and I still read plenty of DC and yes plenty of indie stuff too for you elitists
>>
Comics: DC

Movies: Marvel

>inb4 snyderfags
>>
>>89037998
>John Romita Jr is a fucking hack
If that were true Marvel should be erased for giving him a career.
>>
>>89037998
>>89038206
he used to be good, just fell off a couple of years ago
>>
>>89034691
It's >>>/v/
>>
>>89034691
Why does it always have to be VS? Why can't we all just get along?
>>
File: cass - no.jpg (53KB, 307x312px) Image search: [Google]
cass - no.jpg
53KB, 307x312px
>>89034691

I hate them both for different reasons.

For DC it's like "I loved you guys, but you betrayed me"

For Marlel it's like "I never liked you to begin with"
>>
>blatant companywar thread
this board is shit
>>
>>89034691
DC is super heroes. Marvel is super soldiers.
>>
>>89037928
>DC will never have a mediocre character that hasn't had a good book in 30 years

oh no

whatever will we do
>>
>>89034691
This is not a question that can be answered in any reliable way.
The answer is CHOOSE
>>
>>89039616
>30 years
Can't be that long, can it?
>>
>>89034691
Marvel only has X-Men.
DC has Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Arrow
>>
>>89038091
>I typically prefer Marvel because I like the characters and the universe better

explain

>>89039710
And Swamp Thing, Doom Patrol, Sandman, Legion...
>>
>>89039883
>And Swamp Thing, Doom Patrol, Sandman, Legion...

And Lobo, Hellblazer, Suicide Squad, Animal Man, Plastic Man...
>>
>>89039883
he probably meant that characters like Captain America or Iron Man are more shilled
>>
>>89039961
>shilled
That word has lost all meaning.
>>
>>89039976
It means "I am using this word because I am a colossal shitlord" to me.
>>
Movie-wise, Marvel. Comics, DC by far. It's embarrassing how DC charge less for each comic yet the content offered is far superior to Marvel's overpriced garbage.
>>
>>89039976
Just like "love", "fuck", "newfag", "cuck", etc.
Doesn't mean that people will not use it rabidly
>>
>>89040004
>Being this butthurt
jajajajajaja
>>
>>89039937
Midnighter, JSA, JLI, Prez, Books of Magic...
>>
>>89040135
Vigilante, Hawkman, Outsiders, Omega Men...
>>
>>89040135
Now would be a good time to learn more about the Books of Magic.
Tell me, wise one!
>>
>>89040171
Flintstones, House of Secrets (the 90's one,) Firestorm, Tales of the Unexpected, Demon Knights...

>>89040201
Gaiman book about a kid learning magic from a bunch of DC magic guys. Igneous like Sandman you'll like it; it's only like four issues long.
>>
>>89034691
whichever one has the most minority women
>>
>>89034723
Marvel's current state is a consequence of decisions made long before the Mouse got involved.

Literally the only big move Disney's made has been to kick Ike the Kike out of their movie division, and this was definitely for the better.
>>
>>89040460
Oh I've read the miniseries, I was hoping you'd know about the Books of Magic stuff that went on to happen AFTER that.
>>
It really just depends what kind of Superhero story you're in the mood for. They're both fine companies.
>>
File: 1432986517064.gif (15KB, 300x600px) Image search: [Google]
1432986517064.gif
15KB, 300x600px
>>89039616
>we
fucking hell
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.