[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honestly, how many skits besides Pinky and the Brain actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: animaniacs.png (901KB, 1280x927px) Image search: [Google]
animaniacs.png
901KB, 1280x927px
Honestly, how many skits besides Pinky and the Brain actually hold up today?
>>
>>89014270
Slappy Squirrel, Good Idea, Bad Idea, and The Warner Brothers

Don't you dare say The Warner Brothers and Warner Sister cartoons don't hold up today! They have great pop culture references and some of the best timing in cartoons since Tom and Jerry and Looney Tunes.

There are cartoons in the show I don't care for, but the good outweighs the bad
>>
File: 1472682748041.png (78KB, 177x202px) Image search: [Google]
1472682748041.png
78KB, 177x202px
>>89014270
minerva mink
>>
>>89014270

The worst Animaniacs stuff was ALWAYS bad. Fucking Hip Hippos and Buttons & Mindy shorts were like sandpaper applied to all five senses.

While the Animaniacs Pinky & Brain shorts are fine, the actual Pinky & Brain series aged very badly. I don't know the reasons why, but that show was excessively preachy on a regular basis.
>>
The songs are still cool
>>
Apart from what's already been mentioned Rita & Runt was pretty decent, Chicken Boo and Goodfeathers had their moments.
>>
>>89014774
Crap! I forgot about Rita and Runt, as well as The Goodfeathers.

I actually really liked those cartoons. They are fun to watch sometimes, although for some reason, I don't like watching multiple episodes of those cartoons in one day.

I agree with you on Chicken Boo.

One thing I hated with a passion was Katie KaBoom. Those cartoons made me want to turn off the TV.
>>
>>89014270

The Hip Hippos were objectively the worst sketch in the whole series. Not a single one was funny.

The Goodfeathers was good except it relied too much on the same jokes in every episode (Pesto going "THAT'S IT!" as the punchline of every single segment).

The worst sketch of all time, though, is the one with Thomas Jefferson and the talking candle flame. Wotta loada shit.
>>
Easier to say what didn't. Rita and Runt and Hip Hippos, specifically. Good feathers was very hit or miss. Katie Ka- Boom got old fast.
>>
>>89014270

All the shows Speilberg produced in that era where fucking incredible, I've been watching reruns of Pinky and the Brain and Freakazoid, gotta get me some Animaniacs now.

Fuck, do I admire the writing in those shows, there's something about the fact that I didn't get the pop culture references as a kid that makes me really, REALLY want to go back and watch it and it amuses me way more than anything I can think of.
>>
Froynlaven!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC6YPQY0_28
>>
>>89014270

It's aged better than Tiny Toons.

But that's not saying much.
>>
>>89016240
When the whippoorwill
whippoors in the wind
the wind can whippoor back
oh nice and chubby babyyyyyyyy
>>
Chairmen of the Bored.
>>
>>89016277

What hasn't? That rap episode is just cringe-worthy.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.