[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck did Hunchback of Notre Dame get nominated for a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: hunchback.jpg (24KB, 771x571px) Image search: [Google]
hunchback.jpg
24KB, 771x571px
Why the fuck did Hunchback of Notre Dame get nominated for a Razzie when it was first released?

Of ALL the films in Disney's animated library, this one. Not Chicken Little. Not Home on the Range. This one.

I don't understand.
>>
>>89011374
Maybe someone was a really big fan of the book.
>>
>>89011374
BvS got nominated too. Newsflash: critics have bad taste.
>>
>>89011374
almost entirely because of the gargoyles being 400% more comedy relief than the tone of the story had room for. It would have been better with either no gargoyles, or one gargoyle and no goat
>>
>>89011410
You can't leave out the goat, it's iconic.

But show the gargoyles are clearly imaginary friends instead of magically alive.
>>
>>89011374
>Worst Written Film Grossing Over $100m

Really?
>>
I'd guess it's because someone on it really liked the book.

Also this>>89011410
>>
What were the other contenders?
>>
>>89011539
In that category, the 1st Mission Impossible film and Independence Day.

Twister 'won' it.
>>
>>89011557
Thank you.
>>
>>89011410
Don't forget the horse.
>>
>>89011427
>>89011410
People always say the gargoyles should have been explicitly imaginary or that you should watch the movie from the perspective that they're all in Quasimodo's head, but they still suck shit that way. So he's just fantasizing about dumb gargoyle comic relief, with anachronistic references and all, while serious shit involving him is simultaneously going down? Just makes the gargoyles even more unlikable, and Quasimodo too.

They just shouldn't have been in the movie at all. Maybe give him a dumb animal sidekick instead if they had to lighten the mood, which is still a dumb Disney cliché inappropriate for the tone but at least it'd probably be silent. Or even just have the gargoyles be fucking silent unmoving stone and just have him talking to them as if they're real, which maybe would still be kind of weird but could've given him more characterization.

The good parts of the movie are so damn good and then every time the gargoyles show up it just grinds to a fucking halt.
>>
>>89011410
Someone here edited the film to cut them out or have them stationary with no lines. Wish I still had, it was fuckin top.
>>
>>89011399
Critics are about BvS tho
>>
>>89012746
*right
>>
>>89012746
>>89012760
I purposefully picked that example because it's controversial. I respect anyone's opinion as long as it's in good faith and based on their own evaluation rather than on memes. That's for both sides.
>>
>>89011557
>Mission Impossible and Independence Day
So Razzies back then were just a complete joke, right?
>>
>>89013476
Just like they are today.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.