[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was any of the Before Watchmen any good and worth reading? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: beforewatchmen.jpg (280KB, 520x800px) Image search: [Google]
beforewatchmen.jpg
280KB, 520x800px
Was any of the Before Watchmen any good and worth reading?
I understand that it's impossible to be on the same level of the original work but still, do you guys recommend any of it?
>>
>>89007241
No, it's all terrible. Don't bother. The art is pretty good though.
>>
>>89007262
Not even Cooke's stuff? That was the only one I had hope for
>>
minuteman and doc manhattan are good.

do not listen to the fags.
>>
>>89007349
>>89007349
agreed on Doc Manhattan, the Dollar Bill and Moloch one-shots are decent reads as well
>>
>>89007339
Cooke's is the "best" of the bunch. Dollar Bill is also okay. I wouldn't recommend them at all but if I were the ones that were done by Cooke, and Dollar Bill are the only ones to look at.
>>
>>89007241
Ozy is good
>>
>>89007241
Silk Spectre was all right. I liked the part where Sally and Comedian reconciled in Minutemen.
>>
>>89007241
I enjoyed the Cooke stuff,i really wanted to like the Azzarello issues,but i couldn't get into it and i normally dig Azzarello's stuff.
>>
>>89007489
I feel like a lot of that is because of Jae Lee's art.
>>
judging by this thread they're all good except rorschach and comedian
>>
If you like what makes Watchmen special at all, then none of them are worth reading: they're the lazy. reasonably polished hack-jobs that were expected from the announcement. The quality is maybe at the level of an above-average Flash Annual or something.

None of the creative teams put in even a small fraction of the thought that Moore and Gibbons did on the original (which had been around for decades, for these supposedly Watchmen-influenced writers to learn from).

It's a shame that Joe Kubert, Adam Hughes, Darwyn Cooke and others had anything to do with it (I suspect that Kubert got his 'Joe Kubert Presents' miniseries as part of his deal for this, which is itself a shame considering all he'd done for that publisher).

You don't even have to get into the ethics questions of their participation: none of the writers rose to the challenge: they all embarrassed themselves, and their work already forgotten.

In b4: "Go to bed, Alan"
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.