[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the objectively best Scooby Doo series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10

File: 163543.jpg (613KB, 672x626px) Image search: [Google]
163543.jpg
613KB, 672x626px
What's the objectively best Scooby Doo series?
>>
A Pup Named Scooby Doo
>>
Original
>>
File: They're hungy for your soul.jpg (38KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
They're hungy for your soul.jpg
38KB, 400x300px
>>89003486

Shaggy and Scooby Doo get a clue
>>
>>89003486
The original followed by
>>89003506

Best Movie: Reluctant Werewolf
Followed by Zombie Island
>>
>>89003486
I liked What's New Scooby Doo, it brought a new era.and had some of the less shitty movies.
>>
File: Scooby-doo-on-zombie-island.jpg (115KB, 331x494px) Image search: [Google]
Scooby-doo-on-zombie-island.jpg
115KB, 331x494px
Original

I also loved Zombie Island, Cyber Chase and Ghoul School as a kid though.
>>
>>89003486
OP if you want the most ambitious show for being the only Scooby Doo show to pull off DEEPEST LORE and character development, and for going into all the weird shit with the franchise that most entries only hint at, and a tie between Original and What's New? for best go with the original formula.

As far as movies, Zombie Island is objectively the best and is basically untouchable, followed by Witch's Ghost and some of the other ones from around that period (Alien Invaders is a personal soft spot of mine), then some of the more modern films (WWE and whatnot).

Can't judge on APNSD, and all the Shaggy/Scooby spinoffs just don't do it for me.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkNask_pMKo

posting because someone will
>>
>>89003668
Also posting this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeEcs_YCd84
>>
File: hqdefgfault.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefgfault.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>89003486
The very first one from 1969
>>
>>89003486
After the first half of the first season, I fell in love with this. Too bad it got scrapped, I would have loved to see season 3 and the new direction it took.
>>
Original, What's New, and Be Cool are pretty solid
>>
>>89003726
I always loved this song. Even more than Terror Time. I wonder if there's a full version.
>>
>>89004201

I was under the impression that they finished the story they were going to tell. Last episode wrapped things up rather nicely.
>>
>>89004267
Same here.

It just screams Scooby-Doo.
Terror Time is solid, but Ghost is Here is classic.
>>
File: 059.jpg~original.jpg (29KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
059.jpg~original.jpg
29KB, 720x480px
>>89003506
No joke, this is my favorite version of Fred and Daphne.

Would love to see the older versions of the characters with these personalities.
>>
File: Red_Herring.png (1MB, 1435x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Red_Herring.png
1MB, 1435x1080px
>>89004404
I wish Red Herring showed up in more episodes
>>
File: IMG_0528.jpg (36KB, 352x283px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0528.jpg
36KB, 352x283px
I've been watching Be Cool, Scooby Doo on Netflix and it's surprisingly good. They even managed to make Daphne the best character.

I wouldn't say it's better than Mystery Incorporated, but it's not really trying to be. If you squint real hard, you can even pretend it's the sequel series that Mystery Inc sets up at the end
>>
>>89004562
While I liked Mystery Inc., by the end I was really hoping for a good ol' fashioned return to the episodic in the next incarnation.

Mystery Inc. had a good myth arc, but the actual Scooby mysteries were always lacking.

Be Cool is a good return to roots thing, and sells it well enough. Can't beat a good chase scene.
>>
>>89004562
Be Cool is the first Scooby show that uses the Where Are You formula after Where Are You that's actually good. Every other piece of good Scooby media since the original breaks the original formula in one way or another (Scooby Movies, Pup, Zombie Island, Mystery Incorporated, etc.). Be Cool goes back to the simple "gang goes to place, there's a mystery, they get chased around to chill 60s rock music, they capture the monster" formula without being as forgettable as What's New.

That said, What's New has a way better art style and opening theme than Be Cool.
>>
>>89004644
What's New really did solidify the line of "just okay", when it comes to Scooby shows. It's like the perfect "medium" line on the spectrum.

The theme was better though, and I think it also tried to harken back to the more campier aspects of the New Scooby Doo Movies, with the various rock star, actors, and athlete cameos.
>>
>>89004562

Be cool is on Netflix? Is it still only 20 episodes long or were more episodes released?

Yeah, I enjoy Be Cool too, it's not going to win any rewards or anything but it's a fun show to watch.
>>
>>89004272

They did, because they knew well in advance they might only get two seasons.

They had a second arc planned for the new school that would have been disconnected from the Nibiru arc. So they did wrap it up, but they weren't done.
>>
>>89004739
Looks like 26 episodes. Fair warning, I'm Canadian so other Netflix regions might not have it
>>
Which movie was it where Shag and Scoob fall in love with aliens?

That was comfy
>>
>>89004803
Scooby Doo and the Alien Invaders
>>
>>89004510
Of different Scooby Doo shows
>>
File: IMG_0529.jpg (545KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0529.jpg
545KB, 960x1440px
I have a soft spot for Cyber Chase. It isn't good, buts it's more memorable than a lot of the recent movies.

The WWE one was good too.
>>
>>89004765
Grumble grumble grumble, the only thing available on Netflix USA is Mystery Incorporated and Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed.

Surprised that Netflix has 26 episodes when as far as I know only 20 were shown on TV.
>>
>>89004764
Pretty much. The show proved popular in other parts of the world, so they had a premise ready in case they got renewed again.

Honestly, more shows should do that. I'd rather have some unresolved/potential plots than rushing off the show's finale (Gravity Falls) or having no idea what the fuck to do afterwards (Legend of Korra).
>>
For all the shit What's New Scooby-Doo gets the theme song was catchy as fuck.

Did Mystery inc ever referenced Ghoul School?
>>
>>89005394

IMO, it would have proven popular in America if it had a constant schedule and constant new episodes instead of Scooby bombs and random showings. It's like CN is trying to make it's own cartoons fail.
>>
>>89004562
I'm not watching anything that uses Family Guy style models.
Why couldn't they just use the original designs instead of being cheap?
>>
>>89004562
I just can't get over that horrendous art style.

I've actually been appreciating the original series a little more, lately. I still wouldn't say I'm THAT into it, but given when it came out, it actually looks really cool.

I know it's cliche at this point, but Velma will always be one of my favorites.
>>
They should bring back the Ghoul School maaaaannnnn! But in all honesty as a big Scooby-Doo fan I want another series and Be Cool, Scooby-Doo while an okay series, at least it was funny and made Daphne hilarious! I know it's not her typical character type but I like the risks they took. I think if they put every single series on Netflix or something, it'd do a lot better
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQsknEsgz7s

This is the greatest piece of media associated with Scooby Doo ever made
>>
>>89005681
You know nothing about animation
>>
>>89005606
seems to be working for SU
>>
>>89005606
>It's like CN is trying to make it's own cartoons fail.
are we absolutely positive that the cn execs aren't nickelodeon plants?
>>
>>89003486
Be cool scooby doo
>>
>>89004562
>Backwards knees

How?
Just how? Also why?
>>
Anyone who says anything other than Mystery Inc. is high on Memberberries.
>>
Anyone remember the Scooby Doo Project?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YeDbDZ3oAE

I know it's a parody, and it's funny, but the way they did it still kinda gives me chills.
>>
what's new scooby doo had the best opening theme
>>
File: vinny.jpg (74KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
vinny.jpg
74KB, 720x720px
>>89003668
holy fuck i forgot about this
thank you anon
>>
>>89006597
Fuck man, this was Some next level shit
>>
>>89006115
They're folds in the pants, not knees.
>>
somebody dump scooby apocalypse
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 183x275px
>>89004404

>I swear I am not a pedo for Daphne in a pup named Scooby Doo I swear I am not a pedo for Daphne in a pup named Scooby Doo I swear I am not a pedo for Daphne in a pup named Scooby Doo I swear I am not a pedo for Daphne in a pup named Scooby Doo I swear I am not a pedo for Daphne in a pup named Scooby Doo I swear I am not a pedo for Daphne in a pup named Scooby Doo I swear I am not a pedo for Daphne in a pup named Scooby Doo I swear I am not a pedo for Daphne in a pup named Scooby Doo I swear I am not a pedo for Daphne in a pup named Scooby Doo I swear I am not a pedo for Daphne in a pup named Scooby Doo I swear I am not a pedo for Daphne in a pup named Scooby Doo I swear I am not a pedo for Daphne in a pup named Scooby Doo I swear I am not a pedo for Daphne in a pup named Scooby Doo I swear I am not a pedo for Daphne in a pup named Scooby Doo I swear I am not a pedo for Daphne in a pup named Scooby Doo I swear I am not a pedo for Daphne in a pup named Scooby Doo I swear I am not a pedo for Daphne in a pup named Scooby Doo I swear I am not a pedo for Daphne in a pup named Scooby Doo I swear I am not a pedo for Daphne in a pup named Scooby Doo I swear I am not a pedo for Daphne in a pup named Scooby Doo I swear I am not a pedo for Daphne in a pup named Scooby Doo I swear I am not a pedo for Daphne in a pup named Scooby Doo I swear I am not a pedo for Daphne in a pup named Scooby Doo I swear I am not a pedo for Daphne in a pup named Scooby Doo

what is wrong with me /co/
>>
>>89005538
>For all the shit What's New Scooby-Doo gets

It gets shit? For what?

I haven't really seen much of it.
>>
>>89007320
I don't know what the general opinion on it is, but I always thought it was really dull. Something about the art for it didn't do it for me, either.
>>
>>89004922
The only place I could find them were these old Amazon links, but I think they still work. You have to download them.
>>
>>89007374
Forgot the links.

Be Cool, Scooby-Doo! - S01E21 Eating Crow
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/dazDVuH2O0je3cGMeT7PLjjXKtRX87r56CgGqDK6Qha?ref_=cd_ph_share_link_copy

Be Cool, Scooby-Doo! - S01E22 I Scooby-Dooby-Doo
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/KfcWoo8cFSB2BqbUfGYRDjApXwmvda0FvFSP73KPkHJ?ref_=cd_ph_share_link_copy

Be Cool Scooby Doo 123 El Bandito
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/09ax7xaptdUYbCj0hb0YpIYdY0a9GAFHrd1BJ4XG8iQ?ref_=cd_ph_share_link_copy

Be Cool Scooby Doo 124 Into the Mouth of Madcap
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/xHRz8nZFMWAc5Yq2xOKGC8xkYriSw27KfeGjfeVT83q?ref_=cd_ph_share_link_copy

Be Cool Scooby Doo 125 The Norse Case Scenario
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/JdPQcmBrgQC8spArz7Tzswvxz5ztKhAUy8dIZ9qpat1?ref_=cd_ph_share_link_copy

Be Cool Scooby Doo 126 The People vs. Fred Jones
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/YgFihyFCKE0iFHWjv0bsELpVrEdLYluO50bLjSeteCV?ref_=cd_ph_share_link_copy
>>
>>89005750
>They should bring back the Ghoul School maaaaannnnn!
Shame it's hard to talk about it around here without drama or waifuism showing up. I like that movie as dumb as it is.

Also, I'm definitely all for WB dumping every Scooby series on Netflix, maybe even all of the movies if they can. Fuck, Be Cool should just move there, it'll probably be better than the shit treatment they're getting from CN.
>>
13 Ghosts was my favorite as a kid, but haven't watched it since the 90's.
>>
>>89005743
The art style might be it's biggest flaw.

I can imagine people avoiding it just for that.
>>
>>89003486
Mystery Inc. Followed by 13 Ghosts
>>
>>89003626
The WWE one is actually considered decent?
>>
>>89003506

I actually agree
>>
>>89007204
2D isn't pedo
>>
>>89005844

Ok, as someone who does know something about animation: Why couldn't they just use the original designs instead of being cheap?

I mean shit, just fix the eyes and you're halfway decent
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.