[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

South Park thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0345.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px)
IMG_0345.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
What are the most overrated and underrated episodes of the show?
>>
>>88995264
Overrated: Scott Tenorman Must Die. It just felt edgy at the expense of humor, which is a Family Guy-tier mistake. I'm not offended, I'm just not laughing. It also turned Eric into a being of pure evil, which made him way less funny imo. He's gone back to a more nuanced antagonist in recent seasons, luckily.
Underrated: Tough, since people are extremely reluctant to critcize this show. I'm gonna cop out and nominate the first 3 seasons, just because M&T hate them for not having a blatant agenda present in every episode. They were funny. You don't always need some sophomoric, "profound" message as an excuse to make poop jokes. That's not to say that the juxtaposition of politics and potter humor isn't funny, but it feels like M&T want to make silly, vulgar jokes but are self conscious about the criticism it could entail. Kinda like Rick & Morty with Season 2's near constant stream of meta references and moments where Rick, like, totally makes everyone else look stupid because he's so much more smarter than everyone else.
>>
>>88995590
fuck, I meant to include a break in the paragraphs
>>
>>88995264
Rainforest Shmainforest

This I feel was totally underrated, there we so many subtle quirks they gave the cast including the guest stars, (tilting her head when stating a line as a question). They even had a steady stream of new material each of the boys could interact and joke about, nobody felt like they were a background character.
>>
>>88995974
Eh, that one felt really butthurt. Matt Stone goes to the rainforest and there are too many bugs so he decides to make an episode about how the rainforests should be destroyed?

I think the whole reversal of the "appreciating the rainforest moral was funny, if unoriginal, but to know that this was a product of butthurt kinda kills the humor for me.

But yeah, it was nice to have all the main characters be given something to do. I stop watching if the whole episode is "Kyle's mad at Cartman about something, but everyone takes Cartman's side for frivolous reasons! XD"
>>
File: Kelly.jpg (6KB, 212x300px)
Kelly.jpg
6KB, 212x300px
>>88995974
I miss Kelly
>>
>>88996138
At the time this was fairly new, most edgy shows would do role reversal morels now-a-days but South Park did back when people really got offended by it.

But really, I think the reason for this episode was the same reason the made fun of those entertainers in the episode "Butt Out", that stuff is so gay and stupid you kinda want to see it all come crashing down. The crappy trip to the rain-forest seems like a catalyst all to make fun of the children's quire.
>>
>>88996138
To be honest, Timmy 2000 was much worse in that regard. The whole Phil Colin's subplot only existedat least in my eyes because Matt and Trey were butt hurt he got the Oscar for best song a few months beforehand instead of them.
>>
File: 55036404_p13.png (196KB, 873x793px) Image search: [Google]
55036404_p13.png
196KB, 873x793px
The List was pretty damn good, one of the last "kids stuff turned extreme" episodes I can remember before there needed to be a current event sprinkled into every story.

I particularly liked how they remembered Millie had a southern accent in this one.
>>
>>88995264
Not sure exactly how underrated the Imaginationland trilogy was, but it was definitely one of their high points.
>>
The WoW one is overrated. So is Towlie.
>>
Woodland Critter Christmas is the best.
>>
File: 1446084478160.jpg (753KB, 1081x1105px)
1446084478160.jpg
753KB, 1081x1105px
"Cartman Sucks" is underrated.
>>
>>88995264

Underrated:
>Quest For Ratings
>Season 2 in general
>Handicar
>Sarcastaball

Overrated:
>Fishsticks
>Douche and Turd
>>
The episode where Randy gets a DUI, has to go to AA, and then is convinced alcoholism is a disease was a great moral story.

I also love the episode where Randy gets off to the food Network and becomes the school chef

Randy best character
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.