[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did Batman become the face of DC?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1483667051456.gif (175KB, 500x375px)
1483667051456.gif
175KB, 500x375px
When did Batman become the face of DC?
>>
Sales
>>
Tim Burton's Batman, The Dark Knight Returns, Batman TAS, popularity among the people because "he represented the best of humans", and toy marketability.
>>
He's always been in the top two with Supes, but since the 60s I guess?
>>
I dunno, when did the worlds greatest detective become the face of detective comics?
>>
Is that meant to be a bad thing?
>>
>>88991963
Only if you wear a fedora or a Mickey Mouse hat.
>>
>>88991750
He's always been one of DC's posterboys, but I think Adam West show made him what he is.
>>
>>88991750
Probably during the 50's when people started realizing that Superman sucks.
>>
>>88991854
Nah, he was briefly popular in the 60's (but still well-known after because the show was in syndication) but he didn't get popular again till the 80's.

>>88991828
This is pretty much it. DKR (and Year One and Killing Joke) boosted his popularity among comics readers, Batman 1989 was fucking huge in popularity and box office profit (for the time) and led to sequels and Batman: The Animated Series.

At the same time WB was unable to make a Superman film much less films about other heroes, so Superman last truly major visibility was Lois and Clark and maybe Superman TAS (Justice League was on Cartoon Network so that's less visibility to audiences). Smallville ran long but remember that he didn't wear the costume till the final season, so casuals don't think to buy Superman stuff. That's less public visibility than Batman.
>>
>>88992064
50's and 60's was when Superman was popular, retard. lrn2history.
>>
>>88991750
Either 1989 or 1966.
>>
>>88992017
When will the "everyone who has a different opinion than me is obviously a fedora wearing MRA neckbeard manchild" meme die?
>>
>>88991750
The 80s, when things started becoming more and more cynical.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.