[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was anyone else baffled by this scene as a kid?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 537115_1.jpg (28KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
537115_1.jpg
28KB, 630x630px
Was anyone else baffled by this scene as a kid?
>>
>>88980008
No because a kid when it aired.

>>/out/
>>
>>88980008
It legitimately scared me the first time I saw it
>>
>>88980327
I'm assuming you mean you weren't a kid when it was aired. I'm 22 and I didn't realize that was too young for this board
>>
>>88980008
It's ironic humour. Spongebab and the others were scared shitless of some flickering lights but when it's revealed that a genuine monster is doing it, they're perfectly fine.
>>
No because I grew up on horror films from a young age
>>
>>88980327
You realize people born when it first aired are 15 now, so most people young enough to be kids when it aired are older than 18.
>>
>>88982700
Noseferatu isn't the kind of film a kid, or even most adults, would know about or see.
>>
>>88980008
No, because even as a stupid eighth grader, I was able to understand simple irony.
>>
>>88982784
Sure it is, it's a horror classic. It's been referenced countless times in media, and anybody into the genre of horror will eventually be aware of it at some point
>>
>>88982926
That was a hard movie to get a hold of before DVDs, tho
>>
>>88982784
>or even most adults

You need to talk to more adults
>>
>>88982784
Herzog had a remake of the film in the late 1970's. It was already fairly well known by then.
>>
>>88980008
I watched documentaries constantly as a kid when there are nothing good on TV, and sometimes this funny vampire guy would be used as an example regarding bats or vampires or something. Anyway, I wasn't surprised, as I knew he was supposed to be a vampire from some sort of old-timey horror film.
>>
>>88983167
Plus the 1979 adaptation of Stephen King's Salem's Lot changed the vampire to look more like Orlok.
>>
>>88980327

>Can't do simple math
>>
>>88980327
>>88980398
>>88982726
>>88983398
>tfw thought you were talking about the original movie from 1922
>wondered why /tv/ invaded /co/
>wondered why 100+ year old geezers post here
>>
>>88983108

You need to get more in touch with reality. Most adults watched the schlock of their day just the the teens today watch the schlock out now.

Nosferatu isn't a well known film at all anymore sadly. You'd have to go back to grandparents.
>>
>>88980008
That's a big ass light switch, and I was a little thrown off as a kid. But, looking at it now, the joke is pretty quality.
>>
File: latest[10].jpg (5KB, 267x188px) Image search: [Google]
latest[10].jpg
5KB, 267x188px
>>88980008
They aired reruns of "Are you afraid of the dark" arround the same time spongebob first aired, there was an episode where a magic movie reel brought Nosferatu (his name is Orlok) to the real world and the theater attendants have to fight him. So I at least knew he was suppose to be an old movie vampire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMNfrDp93B8
>>
>>88980008
The writer had good taste in movies, that's for sure.
>>
>>88980008
Nah, he looked a bit silly more than creepy, back then and still now today, for me.
>>
>>88984442
https://youtu.be/HCKT6ukArhw

But the image of a bald bucktoothed vampire remains well known even if most people don't know it's source
>>
was anyone else triggered by how they call him nosferatu even though his name is actually count orlok
>>
>>88985342
That show was great. I was 7 or so when I watched the episode with the babysitter whose stories come true. That scarred me for years to come because of that witch who looked like the babysitter - I could only sleep with some light source for the next years. Now, over 20 years later, I watched that episode again and it was hilarious.
>>
>>88985342
Fuck that episode.

I still remember this being as a major 'NOPE' episode in my youth
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.