[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favorite superhero thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 10

File: shazam.jpg (220KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
shazam.jpg
220KB, 1191x670px
When will Shazam (Captain Marvel) get the recognition he deserves? He is constantly seen as a second-tier hero by mainstream audiences and it makes me sick. Also, favorite superhero thread.
>>
File: tumblr_n9imbw9sbu1tsohk1o5_1280.jpg (137KB, 550x764px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9imbw9sbu1tsohk1o5_1280.jpg
137KB, 550x764px
Shazam deserves more love, I hope DC finally gives him the ongoing he deserves soon

Hal is my favorite superhero
>>
File: reiscolor_by_carol_n92-d7c90y1.jpg (95KB, 640x941px) Image search: [Google]
reiscolor_by_carol_n92-d7c90y1.jpg
95KB, 640x941px
Arthur's been my boy for around 5 years.
>>
His movie will be family-friendly and simplistic, and so audiences will love it and he'll be a huge character again.
>>
File: photo_300375_thumb.jpg (49KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
photo_300375_thumb.jpg
49KB, 350x350px
The one and only ture hero of Marvel. "Stormin" Norman Osborn.
>>
>>88978969
Can't tell if you're taking a jab at the character or not.
>>
>>88979146
I'm not, and I'm sure the movie will be great, I'm taking a jab at audiences that will continue to reject superheroes that aren't lighthearted and family-friendly.

I predict the movie will be such a success Marvel will be one of DC's most popular characters.
>>
>>88978969
>critics will then point out that DC is attempting to copy Marvel's formula
>27% on rottentomatoes
>>
>>88979239
New 52 Shazam was pretty good
>Billy is an orphan and a problem child
>Wizard Shazam rejects Billy because he is not a "good" person
>Black Adam escapes
>Wizard doesn't have a choice
>Gives Billy magic powers
>First thing he does is buy beer
>>
File: spiderelsa.jpg (444KB, 1536x1830px) Image search: [Google]
spiderelsa.jpg
444KB, 1536x1830px
>>88979239
>I'm taking a jab at audiences that will continue to reject superheroes that aren't lighthearted and family-friendly.

It's the times man, people are sheep what can you say? Same way people used to get fucking pissed because anything lighthearted used to get insulted, it's switched around, that being said it is frustrating to deal with such people...

>>88979297
This is also a good point, if MCU put out the exact same movie as any DC flick it would be praised to high heaven by shilling sheep as being a fresh of breath air

In any case my favorite super hero is Spider-Man and he will never have a good movie and possibly never a good comic again, Spider-Man will always sell and be popular to kids so people don't even feel like they have to try with him or characters related to him and that's fucking annoying
>>
File: CookeFlash.jpg (23KB, 236x365px) Image search: [Google]
CookeFlash.jpg
23KB, 236x365px
I'm a Flash fan. It doesn't matter which one. I like them all in their own ways. Jay's stories are golden age science cheese at its best. Barry's original run is possibly the greatest collection of "out-there" comics ideas ever and the superhero genre would be extremely different without it. I also like how human he is without being a fucking downer all the time. Wally has a lot of heart and, only beat out by Dick, might have the best legacy stories in all of DC. Bart didn't get the time to develop, but his time as Impulse is still fantastic.

I wish Flash hadn't gotten caught up in power levels bullshit. That's all anyone ever wants to talk about with him now. I also wish Geoff Johns hadn't made Flash Rebirth because that dead mom shit is going to stick for the next 30 years and Wally didn't deserve to be shelved so unceremoniously.
>>
File: LOSS.jpg (176KB, 489x487px) Image search: [Google]
LOSS.jpg
176KB, 489x487px
>>88979790
>I wish Flash hadn't gotten caught up in power levels bullshit.

Oh god yes. That shit utterly ruined Flash. I try my best to retain the good stories as headcanon and utterly ignore the bad stuff but it's hard sometimes.

And I totally agree with Rebirth. Barry's a great character but I don't think he needs to be the end-all be-all. Each Flash has their merits.... well, except maybe Bart but that's not really his fault since he got fried 13 issues in. He's way better as Impulse anyway.
>>
>>88980332
>>88979790

I suppose I'd have felt different if I was reading Wally's stories before Rebirth, but I'm a huge Johns fag and Flash: Rebirth was one of the things that got me into Flash, and not just Barry, but Wally and Jay too.

I get that people prefer some over another but I like Barry and Wally almost the same. I feel the same about the Earth Lanterns too, to a certain extent. I get people have strong preferences but it weirds me out to see Wallyfags that hate Barry or Kyle/Johnfags that hate Hal or vice versa.

Barry's probably my favorite if I had to pick. But I'm about to go finish reading some Wally stories by Millar and Morrison.
>>
>>88978254
When he gets his fucking name back.
So never.
>>
>>88980397
I like both Wally and Barry (and I've got quite the soft spot for Jay), but growing up with Wally has a tendency to make one biased; JLU, comics, and all.

Us Wallyfags just gotta remember that without Barry, there'd be no Wally. In any case, I was going to read more silver age kookiness with Barry. Even though I'm not a huge fan of the CW show, at least it's raising awareness of the Flash, all of them.
>>
>>88979790

it ruined the flash family and they have yet to recover but Johns literally becoming Zolomon is so fucking funny to me

power level discussions about the flash are the lowest form of /co/ discussions
>>
File: 1479434492792.jpg (109KB, 736x1104px) Image search: [Google]
1479434492792.jpg
109KB, 736x1104px
>>88980599
He'll always be Captain Marvel to me. Drunken whats-her-face be damned.
>>
>>88978254
Honestly I think one issue is that he's quite similar to Supes and I can't see DC wanting to punch holes in one of their flagships. If it was why Martian Manhunter vanished off into limbo as well I wouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>88981019
>Drunken whats-her-face be damned

She's actually a "second-gen" character, the Miles or Silk or Spider-Woman or what have you, to the original Marvel Comics version, who was a guy.
>>
>>88983085
Yeah, but Marvel is hellbent on pushing Carol atm.
>>
File: tumblr_o9yypw23Hl1rc44lao1_500.png (570KB, 476x594px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9yypw23Hl1rc44lao1_500.png
570KB, 476x594px
>>88978254
I really dig Shazam, but I'll always be a big fan of Spider-Man. I'm a little annoyed with Peter's position in the main line of comics, but "Renew Your Vows" has been pretty good so far. I'm hoping the new movie will be good. I've enjoyed Tom Holland, but I hope the films get more serious as time goes on. Still quippy, but I want to see a transition from campy to "holy fucking shit dude". Vulture>Mysterio>Kraven/Scorpian>Venom/Gobby.
>>
>>88978254
When faggots like you stop calling him Shazam. FUCK off

>>88979462

It should had been an Earth one book, just forcing that was terrible
>>
>>88978254
Anyone got some Shazam suggestions? Already read Monster Society of Evil.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.