[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/co/ approved Marvel books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1483648370758.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1483648370758.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
Most of /co/ would agree that Marvel is currently not in a very good place in terms of what books they currently have out

But instead of bitching about Bendis, SJW, """"forced diversity"""""" and other shit, lets discuss the books we actually like and would recommend to others.

>Moon Knight
Really nice art that delves into Marc Spector's questionable sanity
>Totally Awesome Hulk
A legacy hero that is handled well and gives proper respect to original Hulk and the burden he carried. Even after Bendis' idiotic idea to kill Bruce off we still got a good story out of it

>Nova
Fun times with Sam Alexander and Rich Rider. Only too issues out so far but showing lots of promise

>Ultimates2
Ewing doing his crazy continuity wank and cosmic stuff

>Cage!
bare bones story that serves only as a showcase for the the amazing art. A mini so you're better off just trade waiting at this point

inb4 I have shit taste
>>
>>88965138
>daredevil
its a newish spin, although its also trying to make us pretend that the inhumans are a thing.

>punisher
its like classic marvel knights garth ennis style to me, although i liked the l.a. run and wish that team got to do more.

>uncanny x-men
its deep with long time characters and ideas that i pretend to know, because im still catching up on the back issues, but i enjoy it anyway.
>>
>>88965138
Ewing's titles and Cage! are the only recent Marvel titles that I've been actually reading.
I've heard nice things about Gwenpool and Spencer's Cap titles. Not sure if they're actually good, though.
>>
>>88965138
Books I'm enjoying:
>Foolkiller
>Moon Knight
>USAvengers
>Ultimates^2
>Uncanny Avengers
>Avengers (mostly for the art, but the writing is pretty standard cape and there's nothing wrong with that)
>Nova
>Unbelievable Gwenpool
>Carnage
>Hulk
>Totally Awesome Hulk (but the current Space Jam arc is pretty shitty)
>Captain America: Steve Rogers
>Amazing Spider-man: Renew Your Vows
>Occupy Avengers
>Unworthy Thor
>Great Lakes Avengers
>CAGE!
>>
>>88965398
Captain America: Steve Rogers is great. It's "Steve Rogers Keikkakus the Marvel Universe." CA: Sam Wilson is... a mixed bag. I've liked some issues and hated others.
>>
cage!
power man iron fist
old man logan
moon Knight
>>
Benis deserves a Punisher book.
But Foolkiller was perfect.
F
>>
>>88965138
Moon Knight is good, rest are garbage.
>>
Ghost Rider gets his book back starting issue 5, after Chulk and Laura fuck off.
>>
File: 1480705318375.png (433KB, 713x677px) Image search: [Google]
1480705318375.png
433KB, 713x677px
In my case, the books I have enjoyed so far would be:
>Foolkiller
>Moon Knight
>USAvengers
>Ultimates^2
>Uncanny Avengers
>Nova (& Nova)
>Unbelievable Gwenpool
>Carnage
>(She) Hulk
>Totally Awesome Hulk
>Captain America: Steve "Keikakku" Rogers
>Amazing Spider-man: Renew Your Vows
>Occupy Avengers (although recent issue kinda sucked)
>Unworthy Thor
>Great Lakes Avengers
>CAGE! (shame it's a mini, the art's great)

Some of them guaranteed to not last long due to either being minis or ending soon, but hey, as long as you enjoy the ride.

Special mention would go to Dr. Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme, it's becoming into one of my favorite books now, due to both the art, suspense and interactions.

...Maybe I should storytime it when the 4th issue gets released.
>>
What I'm reading Marvel wise

>USAvengers
>Ultimates 2
>Hulk
>Nova
>Avengers
>All-New Wolverine

A lot more people would like Avengers if they didn't dismiss it immediately because Waid.
>>
I'm only reading Moon Knight, which is still great even though it's mostly a (fantastic!) artist's showcase right now.
>>
>>88967466
I've been seeing a lot of praise recently for Dr. Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme. Guess I'll have to check it out. I passed on it because I'm not liking Aaron's direction with Strange. The whole "Strange can't use his magic!" shit has been so played out at this point that that whole status quo is just a massive turn off for me.
>>
I took a break from Marvel but I'm trying to come back. I enjoyed Sam as Nova so I checked out the new series without realizing Dick Rider was back and it was fucking great.
>>
>Black Widow
>ASM/Clone Conspiracy
>Infamous Iron Man
>Captain America Steve Rodgers
>Thunderbolts (just wish they'd keep Sean Izaakse on art)
>Thanos
>Gamora
>All-New Wolverine
>Karnak (too bad I'll be dead before it ends)
>>
>>88967504
I'm just sick of time-stream theory. It would be better if they'd stop talking about it so much.
>>
Should this be compiled in case of cherrypicking threads?
>>
>Gwenpool
>U.S.Avengers (good first issue)
>Moon Knight
>Carnage (next issue is finale)
>Foolkiller
>Nova
>Steve Rogers

Wow, that's not a lot.

A book coming up that I'm VERY excited for however is

>Kingpin.

That mini was a thing of beauty.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.