[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this acceptable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 11

Why is this acceptable?
>>
>>88963284
Nick does it with SpongeBob and they're still alive somehow, so it must work
>>
>>88963338
The only shafted show by Spongebob I think is Harvey Beaks, which was an alright show but it's not been around as long as RS, and it wasn't part of what made Nick's current era come to be. Spongebob did that, in both eras. It was popular back then and by a marketing scheme, it's "popular" now, and with how the writing direction changed, is still the embodiment of what the network's focus changed to (poor writing and eating piles of shit from a microwave jokes).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Try8K8YdYRM

Even if this wasn't an all day marathon on the series finale day of a show that's been around so long, it'd still be an all day marathon of the show, which is bullshit. Especially since they've had 4 day-long marathons very recently. This would be an almost 5th if it wasn't for the few Gumball reruns in the very beginning of the day and the forced Regular Show entries at the end, which is still capped off by that fucking island feature length compilation of a miniseries they keep promoting reruns for.

It's pointless to ask one single day without a TTG rerun (when's the last day a Titans episode never aired? Some aired on Thanksgiving after most of the movies in between airings to fill up time.) but they should've opted to rerun this current season at least. Or hell, at least have different shows in the lineup.
>>
That Regular Show finale really interfered with their schedule.
>>
>>88964217
There's not a single new episode that week's Thursday, Regular Show could've been put right there, on the day they always promote as being the #1 day for premieres, no problem, and not in the aftermath of an all day marathon.
>>
At least CN isn't doing nuPPG marathons.
I am glad the show bombed so hard.
>>
>>88964370
It's weird that they gave it a 2nd season anyway. I think there's some small following it's already got.

After RS is gone they'll have more room without those premieres in the way, I'm thinking a little while from now without some other shows it'll be like 70% titans, 20% nuPPG, 10% other.
>>
On that week the show airs 113 times, and that's considered on a "good" week in terms of how much it's going to air.
>>
>>88964413
According to CN employee friends current mandate is that all "new" series have a guaranteed 2 seasons to find their footing and their audience. CN doesn't want to accidentally kill any future hit in the crib.
>>
>>88964641
Fuck I wanted that new Ben 10 to die after 15 episodes.
>>
>>88964641
As if strangling SU's release schedule didn't essentially kill its ratings potential.
>>
>>88964762
Why are you shoehorning SU in this? Why does SU always get forced into this discussion?
>>
>>88964937
It has a right to be in this as much as pretty much every other CN show. With a better time slot and more air time SU and Gumball CN's biggest hits in ratings behind TTGO. Would have much better ratings hell might even beat TTGO in ratings.
>>
>>88964993
This is specifically about a series finale being overshadowed by an all day marathon of TTG.
>>
>>88964641

Also, anything that bombs in TV Ratings might pull huge stream numbers and losing a show will just leave that show to go off to Netflix/Amazon/Hulu etc and they lose a share of profits (Young Justice going to Netflix must have been a bitter as fuck pill for CN because WB sees value in it because of the high streaming ratings it got on Netflix while they cancelled it). Sonic Boom got a second season because while it had average ratings. It did massive on streaming and CN renewed it. Even though it's in the Boomerang death slot for Season 2. It's still one of their strongest streaming shows.

Streaming has changed the game for /co/ shows cause anything that gets good word of mouth but fucking awful TV ratings has the potential to pick up a huge streaming audience.
>>
Why is this day considered less acceptable than any other after this show started airing?
>>
>>88966372
Can you read?
>>
>>88966554
Oh no how tragic, a new episode is airing! Surely heads will roll for this!
>>
>>88963564
>literal shit eating grin
I'm not clicking that
>>
>>88966710
It's the Series Finale to a show that literally saved CN from death.
>>
>>88968204
No it didn't, it wasn't anywhere near ending. The network was still getting all kinds of viewership, and had a lot of things going for it. You new generation fags need to stop coming up with reasons to praise what's going on, and hate anything that gets messed with from your time.

CN wasn't anywhere near death and Regular Show didn't save anything, don't be so pretentious about MUH FAVORITE SHOW because I've seen your threads for like half a year now, you won't fucking stop crying about shit you're making up.
>>
>>88968547
>not knowing about the Boston Bomb Scare
>not knowing about CN Real
>not knowing about the CN Revival, which consisted of Adventure Time and Regular Show
>>
>>88969024
>>not knowing about the Boston Bomb Scare
A failed publicity stunt for the Aqua Teen thing that backfired.

CN Real had optimal ratings and kept it going, they just stopped because a few of their shows didn't have the absolute best ratings and the others had internal trouble. At this time they still had animated shows coming out that were still getting good ratings even still. The CN Real block wasn't an all day thing.

There was no CN Revival because you're founding that name and that era on opinionated bullshit, AT and RS just came in during 2010 with a few other shows or so. It didn't save a god damn thing and you need to stop making these threads NOW because no one fucking cares about "NO COMMERCIAL??" but it has a commercial, "NO MARATHON??" even though you weren't promised one, and "NO RESPECT FOR THE SHOW THAT SAVED YOUR NETWORK??" because it never did.

Stop being such a god damn pussy you miserable piece of shit. The show is dead, live with it.
>>
>>88963338
TTG doesn't have near half the drawing power Big Spongy Dick has.
>>
>>88969392
This right here baby, this is why I still get up in the morning! I know people are still not completely braindead! If you are so upset about the schedule just marathon it yourself you fucking idiots.

Like my fucking brain can't comprehend how this is a problem. You should be used to TTG airing on TV by now and if you are, at least they're showing your shit show still even when it hasn't had good ratings ALL SEASON.
>>
Because nobody is watching tv at 7am so they just throw on something to fill the time slot.
>>
>>88970781
It's not just 7 am though, and there's a couple gumball reruns right before that.
>>
File: 1453158197359.gif (936KB, 385x206px) Image search: [Google]
1453158197359.gif
936KB, 385x206px
>all this bullshit about not liking TTG
take of those fucking glasses for once and it's funny, the colors are a little bright but like steven universe it has a beautiful color palette, there's only a few genuinely shit episodes and they got all the old voice work back, they even have batman sometimes. It's truly a great show, not the best, but not the worst like everyone mindlessly clamors.
>>
>>88971092
it wouldn't even matter if TTGO was a good show or not

wtf is that scheduling, no show is that good, period
>>
File: TTG.png (1MB, 540x1188px) Image search: [Google]
TTG.png
1MB, 540x1188px
>>
File: TTG2.png (2MB, 1977x968px) Image search: [Google]
TTG2.png
2MB, 1977x968px
>>
>>88971375
>>88971405
These edits aren't funny and you need to stop making them with your crying.
>>
https://twitter.com/SeanSzeles/status/817199233090490369

It's making me really sad.
>>
>>88972404
All I can read is "Get Big", anything else worth noting? He probably means Pops and his brother.
>>
This show ends in 9 days and no one gives a fuck, can you stop with these threads? I can't wait until the finale thread where it'll get like 5 people.
>>
>>88972404
They rushed this final season so fucking hard they didn't finish the sound mixing yet? God damn.
>>
File: Elf kek.png (101KB, 210x195px) Image search: [Google]
Elf kek.png
101KB, 210x195px
>>88971375
>>88971405
>>
It deserves to be shafted since it's been shit for years. I hate that you keep crying about this.
>>
File: 1477279899421.png (237KB, 600x564px) Image search: [Google]
1477279899421.png
237KB, 600x564px
>RS's finale
>TTG marathon
I swear if they pull this shit for AT and I know they will
>>
This made me cry.
>>
>>88973767
Take a selfie then.
>>
File: 1392475454710.gif (566KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
1392475454710.gif
566KB, 500x354px
>>88963284
>The Lego Movie
A diamond in the pile of shit.
>>
>>88975155
More like a normal rock.
>>
File: Like Kek Man.jpg (20KB, 512x523px) Image search: [Google]
Like Kek Man.jpg
20KB, 512x523px
>>88971375
>>88971405
>>
File: 1406166322282.png (189KB, 412x494px) Image search: [Google]
1406166322282.png
189KB, 412x494px
>>88975556
>>
File: eat your heart out.png (188KB, 578x664px) Image search: [Google]
eat your heart out.png
188KB, 578x664px
>>88975962
Is that supposed to be smug? Also that thing was the most obnoxious thing in the fucking movie.

Also eat your heart out, the schedule just changed.
>>
File: 1463786511044.jpg (69KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1463786511044.jpg
69KB, 450x450px
>>88976083
>someone says that there's one good thing about the schedule
>it's removed
are they watching us?
>>
>>88971092
>they even have batman sometimes
>>
>>88976184
It's all ogre now.
>>
>>88976083
>Teen Titans Go x 1,000
>Shrek
>Rio
>Teen Titans Go x 5 in 1

This is Regular Show's finale day everyone.
>>
>>88976601
The fact they're showing two movies shows they're struggling for a schedule that doesn't show any of their shows aside from TTG.
>>
>After Regular Show ends in a week there won't be any reruns OR premieres ever again
>there will now be a time on Cartoon Network where Regular Show doesn't exist at all
It's been so long, and in one moment, it's all over.
>>
>>88976083
She was one of the funniest characters, i'll fight you, right behind batman and not-gandalf.
She also had almost no lines so it's not like it was shoveled in your face
>>
>>88977600
>he was one of the funniest characters
Fucking obnoxious you idiot. She was the cute character that gets really mad and shit as some sort of joke, and that's not funny, it's cringe inducing. If you find it funny you have to be a fucking kid, or a woman with that kind of shit humor.
>>
>>88968547
>CN wasn't anywhere near death and Regular Show didn't save anything
Not by itself, but all the new cartoons that arrived in 2010/2011 are why the network has been quality and worth watching these past 6 years. The channel was basically totally irrelevant for years aside from a decent show or two here and there - but even those shows were lacking slightly in the quality department and broad/mass appeal factor. Then AT/RS/Gumball came along and that changed everything. The other guy was exaggerating that RS "saved CN from death" but you're fooling yourself if you don't think RS played a huge role in bringing CN back into relevance, possibly more relevance and quality than it's ever had in its history. Why else do you think it's only the second show in CN history to make it to 8 seasons? The only other one being AT. Even though I think they're stupid for ending the show because why not keep it going if they're still able to put out good episodes and seasons, but at least they knew enough to keep it going for 8 seasons.
>>
>>88976818
It really sucks. What makes it worse is the show was still good. It's one of those cozy shows I'd have no problem with lasting for many more years.
>>
10 seasons and a movie bro, the american dream.
>>
>>88968547
>No it didn't, it wasn't anywhere near ending.
hahaha, get a load of this fucking newfag

Regular Show and Adventure Time regardless of however you feel about them saved the network and kickstarted several careers. There is always a rising beneath the ranks and there is always a star successor.

it's all about all that money boy, and when a show is no longer lucrative it gets put away
>>
>>88979773
RS could've been just a popular up ti season 5 I think but once TTG premiered it and everything else started getting less and less time on TV.
>>
Does this shit really that popular? I mean kids could watch anything because they didn't developed taste yet, but it's supposed to make real fucking money, otherwise it gets canceled instantly. Judging by how little effort has been made, it's cheap as fuck and could paid off easily. This is the only thing that make sense for me.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.